PDA

View Full Version : You can stick with Arians if you like.

Gettysburgh_Steel
11-13-2008, 05:31 PM
Sure he is dealing with every type of injury that you could imagine,when it comes to the offense. Sure our defense is solid,tough,and stoudt.(Not Cliff Stoudt either). It is his job to work around the injuries that have plagued us. Whether it is the execution,or simply a bad call at the wrong time,he must be held accountable. He is the offensive co-ordinater for a world class team. He has no trick plays to keep the defense from charging. If he does he is saving them for a later date. I think it is possible he could be a sell out. His line is not being utilized to thier strengths. He has got to know that!
I like where we are now,but i do not like how we got here. I can only hope that he is not satisfied either. We need some unpredictability on the offensive side of the ball.:tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02:

Dean Denton
11-13-2008, 07:12 PM
What are your thoughts on a different OC. Lets toss some names around. Who do you like? What about Martz?

Gettysburgh_Steel
11-13-2008, 07:59 PM
To be honest,i have to go with the execution point of view.Also you must have a mindset going in if you want to run the ball or throw it.So far we have done neither with any kind of accent. Cower drafted a lot of these guy's that we kept. We had a run first mentality,and then along came Ben. I say run the ball,and run the ball,and then throw.
Tomlin must make his mark on this team,and pretty darn quick too!!!Our O-line gets pounced on week after week for being a bad one. People dismiss the fact that they are built up for the run,and not pass protection. Sooner Arians realizes that,the better we will fair.I do not want to cut on our new coach,but if this stuff keeps persisting,then i may not have much of a choice.:tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02:

--- Added 11/13/2008 at 05:59 PM ---

What are your thoughts on a different OC. Lets toss some names around. Who do you like? What about Martz?

Martz is a head coach gone offensive co-ordinater. I do not like that combo. Dick is back in his seat on the defensive side of the ball. If he could come in with the same attitude that Byron came in with,then i may not have a problem with it. Tomlin is the dude in charge,and i love his style,but as far as i am concerned Tomlins style needs some polish on it!!!! The more that Tomlin stands on the sideline of our games,the more i think he will shine. He needs to be polished up a bit. I say give him a spit shine,and he will be presentable.(LOL):tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt 02:

Dean Denton
11-13-2008, 08:23 PM
what about a new OC? Who do you think?

BlitzburghRockCity
11-13-2008, 08:53 PM
We don't know at this point who's going to be available and the Steelers usually promoted from within under the Cowher regime. There's nobody really on staff right now that I can think of that would be a good candidate to take over Arians job if Tomlin does the smart thing and let him go.

Martz is too much of a throw down the field kind of OC, I don't think he's a good fit into this offense. He's under some fire in San Francisco. The 49ers offense is about in the middle of the pack for both running and passing, now granted they don't have the weapons on that team other than Gore really and Vernon Davis but he is so inconsistent and he's in Singletary's doghouse anyways. I don't know that Tomlin would consider him anyways but who knows.

Axeman
11-13-2008, 09:51 PM

this will NEVER happen but could you imagine......... Cowher comes back as OC. lol wouldn't that be a pickle.

Steelersfan
11-13-2008, 10:00 PM
this will NEVER happen but could you imagine......... Cowher comes back as OC. lol wouldn't that be a pickle.

Nooooooooooo...........................:lol:

Last time Cowher tried to make the Steelers a pass happy team it didn't work out to well........lol

MOTORKRAFT
11-13-2008, 10:27 PM
I want Lane Kiffin as O.C./Asst. head coach. Coach Tomlin is a Def. minded coach and his responsibility will only grow when the immortal Dick LeBeau retires. You think Tomlin doesn't do enough with the O. right now, wait until LeBeau retires. We need somebody on that side of the ball that can get it done on their own. I would pay L. Kiffin, J. Garrett money just to get him here.:cope: Don't judge Kiffin as the Raider coach, look back to his U.S.C. days.

Gettysburgh_Steel
11-13-2008, 10:55 PM
That is not too bad of a thought Steel Brother,But mike has got to take the reigns now. Today, right now. From what i have gathered thus far,i think Ben understands that too.He took over the team with a certain amount of , easy going attitude. If it ain't broke,don't fix it attitude. Now, is when he needs to show that other side of the coin, if it's broke,toss it,get rid of it,and toss it to the side. If Arians can not help him, i am sure that dick could give him a direction to go. Tomlin gots to let his stones shine through!!!!!!:tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02:

MOTORKRAFT
11-13-2008, 11:31 PM
Tomlin does need to show some backbone, but I'm not convinced he is in charge of the hiring and firing at this point. I really don't trust any of his input to the O. I wan't someone else in charge of that. Tomlin will be fine when LeBeau retires because that is what he does. He will be all over that. Cower had an asst. head coach (Russ Grim) and Cower had the Wiz to do the O. I see no reason why Tomlin shouldn't have the same benefits. I bash Tomlin all the time, but he is tring to replace 3 people. He needs help.

yinzer
11-14-2008, 12:57 PM

how bout ronald mcdonald?

JensK
11-16-2008, 09:36 AM
i say we make lebeau OC, and make Harrison run the ball..