PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Chargers game.......

Steelersfan
11-12-2008, 06:21 PM
Now that Ben is actually practicing with the team and Parker is hopefully back what are everyone's thoughts on the game?

I'm hoping that Bruce won't just throw Parker right back into it and ignore Moore. Like to see them mix it up all game long and at times have both back there.
Also glad to see Ben practicing. We all know Ben and the WR's need to start getting on the same page and that is where it starts.

Just hope Airhead uses the weapons we have to the best of their abilities and the offense comes out with a good solid game they can build on.

:tt02:

Steel Trap86
11-12-2008, 06:58 PM
Defenatley good to see Ben practising, he needs to get to work. Throwing those picks mainly cost us both the colts and giants games and the Steelers need to eliminate that **** by getting him on the same page as the recievers.

I think we'll bounce back this week, with Woodley back, Parker should boost the running game and I'm interested to see how this new corner does for the defense. We should be able to beat the Chargers, this is a MUST win, the Steelers need to get back on track. And I'll be at the game!!!!!!

:cope::cope::cope::cope:

Steelersfan
11-12-2008, 07:08 PM
Almost forgot about Woodley being back!

Just getting some guys healthy and getting Ben and the WR's on the same page should be a boost to the team.

Dean Denton
11-12-2008, 07:25 PM
Now that Ben is actually practicing with the team and Parker is hopefully back what are everyone's thoughts on the game?

I'm hoping that Bruce won't just throw Parker right back into it and ignore Moore. Like to see them mix it up all game long and at times have both back there.
Also glad to see Ben practicing. We all know Ben and the WR's need to start getting on the same page and that is where it starts.

Just hope Airhead uses the weapons we have to the best of their abilities and the offense comes out with a good solid game they can build on.

:tt02:
I'm sure they will use Parker and Moore like they did against the Skins. They should be great this weekend.

DIESELMAN
11-12-2008, 09:32 PM
I just hope that whatever carries FWP gets, that harness isn't going to mess him up. Ben practicing is a good sign, lets just hope he can finish the week strong and get some of the cobwebs out of his head.

LatrobePA
11-12-2008, 10:06 PM
If BA is calling the game anything could happen! I say we cannot beat ourselves again!!

If Ben is looking like crap pull him, we cannot lose this game. The ratbirds have a tough one at NY and the stains play the Bills which are hungry for a win, this game will be a chance to strecth it out again....

MOTORKRAFT
11-12-2008, 10:09 PM
Should have beat the Colts, didn't do it. Better beat the Chargers, if not wave good bye to the playoffs.

$teelersRule
11-12-2008, 10:12 PM
Should have beat the Colts, didn't do it. Better beat the Chargers, if not wave good bye to the playoffs.

this game really is a must win:2cents:

JensK
11-13-2008, 01:19 AM
Well, this is a do-or-die game.. We have to get out there a put points on the board.. (which we kind of have in all of the remaining games). And it is big ben's and FPW's game.. Those are the two who needs to REALLY step up, and execute better, get the job done. Lets see how ben is tomorrow after practice.. should tells us alot :)

Axeman
11-13-2008, 08:48 AM
Arians needs to get Baker and Sweed more involved in the passing game, the defenses are doubling up on Ward and Holmes and Washington is just getting the single coverage. why not take some off those two TE' formations and throw them out the window, run more 4 WR sets and more two back sets,, confuse the defenses. if they run more two back sets they just can't key on Willie, they would have to cover the both of em (Parker and Moore) which could/would lead to more bigger plays and keep the pressure of Ben.

Dean Denton
11-13-2008, 11:44 AM
I think we shut down the run. Out ide of that, I have no clue. Oh, I bet we run a fake WR screen then hand it off 6 times.

LatrobePA
11-13-2008, 12:03 PM
I think we shut down the run. Out ide of that, I have no clue. Oh, I bet we run a fake WR screen then hand it off 6 times.

Great idea Bruce, your a great OC!! LOL

BLEIER20
11-13-2008, 01:06 PM
This is a game that we could very well lose if we don't execute! We can't resort back to RUN, RUN, PASS, PUNT! We'll get nothing done!

LatrobePA
11-13-2008, 01:09 PM
Run, pass, INT, defense - - - - - - - Pass, run, holding #78, 3rd and 17 - INT!!

See where I'm going, we take one step forward and 5 back, WE HAVE TO QUIT THIS ****!

BLEIER20
11-13-2008, 01:22 PM
Yeah no kidding! That would be the picture I have seen the last 3-4 games!

if this O-Line does not step up and ready to play, we're going down! SD is no slouch team, Rivers and LT could hurt us real bad...........QUICK!

......you know what else......none of these 2 yard passes and crap......but I guess you can't help it if our QB doesn't have the time to do so! 2 yards is all you'll get and trying to run it up the belly doesn't work either, we try that all the time and it doesn't work! and the last time I checked, it was 10 yards to get a first down.....and we only get 3 downs to get there, unless we're punting.......which seems to be the NORM!

They need to get their SHIAT together for this 2nd half of the season! Or else there won't be a Playoff picture in sight!

HUNT4SEVEN
11-13-2008, 10:50 PM
Here's an ideal run on 1st down an throw on second an third an long:banging::duh: Man we gotta mix it up better than this:cursin:

NCSteeler
11-14-2008, 03:40 AM
Arians needs to get Baker and Sweed more involved in the passing game, the defenses are doubling up on Ward and Holmes and Washington is just getting the single coverage. why not take some off those two TE' formations and throw them out the window, run more 4 WR sets and more two back sets,, confuse the defenses. if they run more two back sets they just can't key on Willie, they would have to cover the both of em (Parker and Moore) which could/would lead to more bigger plays and keep the pressure of Ben.

I like your ideas. I rarely see anyhting mixing up in this O, usually same formation after same formation, some 2 back sets and some 4-5 wides sets would be nice.

LatrobePA
11-14-2008, 10:23 AM
The key to this game is pressure on Rivers, he cannot sit back there with time...He's got a big bulky knee brace on and isn't very mobile, knock his dorky *** on the ground often and we'll have a W!!

snowman79
11-14-2008, 10:45 AM
LATROBE - As always you hit the nail on the head mate, we got to put pressure on Rivers he is wobbly on that knee lets take him out early. Ben stop throwing when you dont have to, we need to use Moore and Parker and run att their defence for 3 quarters then we can spread it out to the WR's. This is a must win game guys losing is not an option, i just have a feeling thet those bas**rd Ratbirds might just sneek something against N.Y. Lets do what we have to do guys and chalk up the "W"

BELIEVE PEOPLE - WE ARE THE STEELERS

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO !!!!!!!!!!!!

lloydfan4life
11-14-2008, 12:48 PM
I agree! We need to get pressure on Rivers. If not, our patchwork secondary is going to have a long afternoon!

yinzer
11-14-2008, 02:56 PM

why, you ask? i'll tell you. BECAUSE IT MAKES SENSE.

--- Added 11/14/2008 at 01:56 PM ---

Run, pass, INT, defense - - - - - - - Pass, run, holding #78, 3rd and 17 - INT!!

See where I'm going, we take one step forward and 5 back, WE HAVE TO QUIT THIS shiat!

:hilarious::lol: PRICELESS!!!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
11-16-2008, 01:04 AM
Today is a must win game, we need to go out and take this win. There's a good chance the Giants will beat the Ravens today so we need to get this win to move back into a 1.5 game lead in the division. As dysfunctional as this offense has been, and Heath still out with that high ankle sprain we need all the help we can get.

TampaSteelGirl
11-16-2008, 03:06 PM
this game really is a must win:2cents:

yes! especially with the Ravens knocking on our back door!

Iron City South
11-16-2008, 03:32 PM
Arians needs to get Baker and Sweed more involved in the passing game.

:question-1:.......Ugh, Baker was cut from the team on Tuesday. :yellowthumb: