PDA

View Full Version : Fullback missing in action!!!

pittn8tve
11-10-2008, 08:51 PM
Maybe if we utilize the lead blockers more effectively our backs could rack up more yards and less injuries!

Steel Trap86
11-10-2008, 09:07 PM
Maybe if we utilize the lead blockers more effectively our backs could rack up more yards and less injuries!

shouldnt have cut davenport....never agreed with that move, willie might not even be back

BlitzburghRockCity
11-10-2008, 09:55 PM
Carey Davis isn't the problem. With a healthy Willie and Mewelde in the backfield we can run the ball enough to be effective. Davis isn't the best FB but he is adequate for now. The passing game is letting us down right now and it's not just Ben it's everyone.

MOTORKRAFT
11-10-2008, 10:07 PM
Arians doesn't know what a full back field is.

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
11-10-2008, 10:07 PM
Yea...i had real high hopes for Holmes this season...3rd yr for WR's are usually break out seasons..granted the paperbag O line is at fault but Holmes isn't getting any separation,continously runs the wrong routes and has had the droppies the past few games.Not what i expected from him at all...the old man Ward is still playin like an all pro,he may not be getting separation but he'll scrap his way into a catch and make someone pay for trying to guard him.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-10-2008, 11:54 PM
FB's aren't big in the offense the Steelers are attempting to run. They use a lot of TE's and the FB isn't a luxury really but just not a big part of the offense like it was when Kreider was here. Arians likes to run out of a non FB set, use the TE's as extra blockers, etc. When you miss it the most is those goal line situations though when you go to the jumbo package; that's when you need a tough hard hitting FB like Kreider was. Davis is an adequate blocker but not the power one we're used to having.

HUNT4SEVEN
11-11-2008, 12:43 PM
We need to scrap that three tightend bull ****, go back to the full back position:cursin:i cannot take no more of this bull **** 3tightends mess:cursin:two years:cursin: an it hasn't worked yet:cursin::rant2:

Dean Denton
11-11-2008, 01:21 PM
Our FB is stuck over there with the Rams. Poor Dan. We miss that guy big time.

JensK
11-11-2008, 01:50 PM
i actually think Davis is doing a decent job.. He had some really good blocks against the colts imo..

Steelers70
11-11-2008, 04:08 PM
We used to be number 1 in rushing but now we're not even in the top 10... Not even the top 20! We're 24th overall out of 32 teams in rushing. We need some changes this offseason.

pittn8tve
11-11-2008, 04:10 PM
I agree that davis has done a decent job I just think we need to use him more in the offense, and forget about using tight ends to block for our running game so much.

Ambridge
11-12-2008, 06:59 PM
FB's aren't big in the offense the Steelers are attempting to run. They use a lot of TE's and the FB isn't a luxury really but just not a big part of the offense like it was when Kreider was here. Arians likes to run out of a non FB set, use the TE's as extra blockers, etc. When you miss it the most is those goal line situations though when you go to the jumbo package; that's when you need a tough hard hitting FB like Kreider was. Davis is an adequate blocker but not the power one we're used to having.

With the pathetic and inconsistant play of the offensive line the use of a Fullback is a mute point.
The Steelers O-line allows way too much penetration especially on short yardage and lets the defense bottle everything up inside.