PDA

View Full Version : Worthlessberger and Messt Moore

Dean Denton
11-10-2008, 12:09 PM
Ben....What a joke. I cant believe my mom just got me a Ben Jersey for my birthday. Last time I checked there was nothing wrong with my Kordell jersey. Might be a little dusty, but that can be blown off. The SHIAT stains all over my Ben jersey look to be permanent. I'm prett sure someone posted something last week about Ben having a talk with Tomlin about how he was going to play better. When was this going to happen before or after the return of Christ?

This is what the rest of our year is going to look like with Ben at QB. His arm is shiat, he's seeing ghost out there. He getting rid of the ball way to fast at times, and throwing INT's. Too many sacks, and a too many injuries have ruined Ben. I dont know if he can recover from this right now. He knows that his play is bad, and now he will begin to force everything with a limp noodle arm.

Hey Ben, Thanks for bring a 36 year old streak to a close by losing on my birthday, and ruining it, and for letting the Colts win in Pittsburgh, something they have not done since 1968. Good job Ben we are all so proud of you. Hold your head up high, You get more money than anyone in the league this year and you played like you deserve it. Frigging *** clown....

Safe to say Willies starting job is safe with Moore showing he should not be starting at all. The guy is slow. We have a crapping running game with him back there. Why is it everyone else can run against this the Colts but Moore? Playoffs? Playoffs? Are you kidding me. We will be lucky to see 8-8 with the way Ben and Moore are playing.

AZ_Steeler
11-10-2008, 12:14 PM
I honestly don't think that Parker would have done any better yesterday. If anything Moore was the one bright spot and he at least didn't turn it over! The Colts showed up in desperation mode and their defense came to play.

Steel Trap86
11-10-2008, 12:25 PM
what are you saying man, ben is a weak link right now, but he's still one of the best QB's in the league. The reason his production is down is because he doesnt get enough protection, our O-line is the worst in the league....terrible. he does hold the ball for too long on some plays and does have a few wild throws, but he has won a superbowl in his second season, his first season went 15-1, the guy didnt forget how to play football he's just beat up cause of the ****** protection he's getting. you want a new QB, what do you think we just dial 1-800 and get a new quarterback? i want some new ****in lineman, lol and what about last weeks win in washington? you werent talkin this **** last week were ya? im sure that jersey your mom bought you woulda fit real nice if they pulled it out today am i right bro? 6-3 and the number 1 defense in the league and you sound like somebody took a **** in your cereal bowl

we'll bounce back

Dean Denton
11-10-2008, 12:36 PM
See and to me he looked average at best. I thought he looked like a third down back nothing more. Sure he had a couple nice plays, but you could not turn it over to him to help protect a lead. I feel we could have with Willie. We have so many times in the past and he comes through huge. Thats why he has had so many carries.

--- Added 11/10/2008 at 11:36 AM ---

what are you saying man, ben is a weak link right now, but he's still one of the best QB's in the league. The reason his production is down is because he doesnt get enough protection, our O-line is the worst in the league....terrible. he does hold the ball for too long on some plays and does have a few wild throws, but he has won a superbowl in his second season, his first season went 15-1, the guy didnt forget how to play football he's just beat up cause of the shiatty protection he's getting. you want a new QB, what do you think we just dial 1-800 and get a new quarterback? i want some new ****in lineman, lol and what about last weeks win in washington? you werent talkin this shiat last week were ya? im sure that jersey your mom bought you woulda fit real nice if they pulled it out today am i right bro? 6-3 and the number 1 defense in the league and you sound like somebody took a shiat in your cereal bowl

we'll bounce backI wasn't pissed last week because Ben was sitting on the Bench, and we won the game. am I saying toss Ben out? NO! but he's hurt, and Lefty gives us a better chance to win. Our OL had nothing to do with Ben losing that game against the Colts unless your talking about him seeing ghost out there, and now he has a fear of getting smacked. Ben managed to do that all on his own.

Steelersfan
11-10-2008, 01:03 PM
Ben completed 30 of 42 passes and had almost 300yds. That's a pretty good game. I don't count the last INT because of the situation but who's to say the other two weren't Holmes fault????? Nobody is on here blaming Holmes and he could very well be the well who went the wrong way on those two plays.

The problem with this offense is they are way too inconsistant!!!! The line actually did a nice job pass blocking yesterday but they couldn't open a damn hole in the run game. Usually it is the other way around.

Parker would have ran no better against the Colts. They were stacking the line and weren't going to let the run game beat them. At least with Moore he had some nice catches.

Dean Denton
11-10-2008, 01:22 PM
So I guess we are going to here all week about how if Ben has to throw the ball more than 25 times the Steelers lose. Maybe your right, maybe it was all on Holmes.
I guess we could blame Yancy Thigpen for O'Donnell throw 2 picks in that Superbowl too, but I dont remember anyone doing it.

Steelersfan
11-10-2008, 01:32 PM
So I guess we are going to here all week about how if Ben has to throw the ball more than 25 times the Steelers lose. Maybe your right, maybe it was all on Holmes.
I guess we could blame Yancy Thigpen for O'Donnell throw 2 picks in that Superbowl too, but I dont remember anyone doing it.

Where did I say they lose if Ben throws 25 times a game?

And going back to a game that was 13 years ago?

Focus man! Focus!

All I'm saying is everyone is so quick to blame one player. Had BB been throwing the ball bad and all over the place I would have probably blamed him too. But he wasn't. Other than the int's he had a pretty good game. That's why I question if Holmes went the right way or if they just weren't on the same page.

Dean Denton
11-10-2008, 01:43 PM
Where did I say they lose if Ben throws 25 times a game?

And going back to a game that was 13 years ago?

Focus man! Focus!

All I'm saying is everyone is so quick to blame one player. Had BB been throwing the ball bad and all over the place I would have probably blamed him too. But he wasn't. Other than the int's he had a pretty good game. That's why I question if Holmes went the right way or if they just weren't on the same page. I'm pretty sure you know that knock on Ben for so long has been that if he throws more than 25 times a game the Steelers lose. I didn't say you said it. I'm sure its just what will be said all week on ESPN, NFL Network, and so on. And its easy to blame one player here when that player is the QB and he has been playing the pretty much the same sloppy football for weeks now. He looked bad against the Giants, and the Skins and even worse against the Colts. I'm sure he has more INT than TD over the last 4 games. He didn't look all that good yesterday other than the picks. The ball was coming out slow and falling short. He needs to ride the pine right now.

13 years ago...yes it was, but no one blamed anyone other than O'Donnell when it could have been the WR fault. I mean there was no one in 20 yards of those int's. Maybe the WR ran the wrong rout, and O'Donnell was blamed for no reason.

steel-tex
11-10-2008, 01:48 PM
our o-line sucks - ben is jumpy from gettin leveled 80 times a game. (they call me bruce) couldn't call the right plays in cleveland and now he is here screwing up our o. Why is our head coach keeping ben in the game - he is hurt - due to an inept o line. he will hold the ball too long but he makes plays that way too. how many times have we kicked a field goal from inside the five ???? no imagination - how many times do we run the ball on first down ???? how many times do we run on first down when the other team has 9 in the box??????????? what is an audible ???????????? a bunch of problems are because of the coaches not calling the right plays-- what is a screen pass ?????? don't think i saw one yesterday. they need to put ben in the right position to succeed - didn't see the 2 minute drill yesterday either. cant expect the d to hold an offence to 6 points every weekend!!!! BRUCE MUST GO--- CANT TAKE ANOTHER WEEK OF THE SAME CRAP PLAY CALLING.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steelersfan
11-10-2008, 01:53 PM
I'm pretty sure you know that knock on Ben for so long has been that if he throws more than 25 times a game the Steelers lose. I didn't say you said it. I'm sure its just what will be said all week on ESPN, NFL Network, and so on. And its easy to blame one player here when that player is the QB and he has been playing the pretty much the same sloppy football for weeks now. He looked bad against the Giants, and the Skins and even worse against the Colts. I'm sure he has more INT than TD over the last 4 games. He didn't look all that good yesterday other than the picks. The ball was coming out slow and falling short. He needs to ride the pine right now.

13 years ago...yes it was, but no one blamed anyone other than O'Donnell when it could have been the WR fault. I mean there was no one in 20 yards of those int's. Maybe the WR ran the wrong rout, and O'Donnell was blamed for no reason.

And yet just about everyone wanted to keep O'Donnell. And just because all us fans blame him doesn't mean it was his fault, just like with Ben. None of us know what was called and who did what wrong on plays like that.
I will agree that Ben played bad against the Skins and below average against the Giants, but he didn't play bad against the Colts (minus the INT's).
And yes I know about the 25 times a game thing but that was when we had a RB that could take over games and all Ben was asked to do was not lose the game. I really haven't heard that mentioned in quite awhile now.
I won't argue that Ben has been up and down all year, but so has the OL, RB's, WR's. I mean this offense is so inconsistent it isn't funny. I think the mess of an OL combined with all the injuries has really hurt this team on offense.

Dean Denton
11-10-2008, 01:56 PM
And yet just about everyone wanted to keep O'Donnell. And just because all us fans blame him doesn't mean it was his fault, just like with Ben. None of us know what was called and who did what wrong on plays like that.
I will agree that Ben played bad against the Skins and below average against the Giants, but he didn't play bad against the Colts (minus the INT's).
And yes I know about the 25 times a game thing but that was when we had a RB that could take over games and all Ben was asked to do was not lose the game. I really haven't heard that mentioned in quite awhile now.
I won't argue that Ben has been up and down all year, but so has the OL, RB's, WR's. I mean this offense is so inconsistent it isn't funny. I think the mess of an OL combined with all the injuries has really hurt this team on offense.
We should have sat him. He's hurt.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-10-2008, 02:27 PM
Ben's accuracy for the most part was right on especially in the first half and he did make a lot of key throws especially on 3rd down's yesterday. yes the INT's killed us and we all know it but he showed no ill effects as far as throwing goes he's just not making the right decisions all the time. That's bad enough in itself. maybe he needs to sit maybe he doesn't but he's going to be playing hurt all year and thats a fact he admitted too earlier so we're going to have to deal with it. When Willie comes back that will help and allow Moore to be more diverse but regardless Im not hanging Ben out to dry yet.

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
11-10-2008, 03:26 PM
As frustrating as it was yesterday i agree with you TG i'm not giving up on Big ben just yet..He's delivered more than he's lost for us and had a rough game yesterday..still looked like Holmes ran the wrong routes to me but anyhow it was a rough game.We are lucky to even be 6-3 at this point with the "O" playing like shiat all year.I keep waiting for them to snap out of this funk but it seems to uglier and uglier.All we can do is hope that they work there way out of this mess we call an offense and get it together for a game or two and get some momentum.With the D holdin down the fort..all we need is the O to start clicking and this team is still in business.Granted we could have won this game..but it's football..we weren't playing solid football at this time during the superbowl run either..wasn't till December when the team started clicking..so everyone calm the fuc* down and take a :chill:

Troyisabeast_43
11-10-2008, 03:39 PM
As frustrating as it was yesterday i agree with you TG i'm not giving up on Big ben just yet..He's delivered more than he's lost for us and had a rough game yesterday..still looked like Holmes ran the wrong routes to me but anyhow it was a rough game.We are lucky to even be 6-3 at this point with the "O" playing like shiat all year.I keep waiting for them to snap out of this funk but it seems to uglier and uglier.All we can do is hope that they work there way out of this mess we call an offense and get it together for a game or two and get some momentum.With the D holdin down the fort..all we need is the O to start clicking and this team is still in business.Granted we could have won this game..but it's football..we weren't playing solid football at this time during the superbowl run either..wasn't till December when the team started clicking..so everyone calm the fuc* down and take a :chill:

I agree I have been saying this all along here. There are still 7 games left in the season and a long long way to go here. You dont crown a Super Bowl champion after 9 games. Tennessee right now is 9-0 and undefeated but they have not done anything yet. If you would have told me back when this schedule came out back in April as rough as it looked that the Steelers would be 6-3 after 9 games, and in first place in the AFC North, with a 5-1 conference record and a very legit chance to get the number 2 seed in the AFC I would have taken it and so would the rest of you.

Dean Denton
11-10-2008, 03:47 PM
I dont want to give up on him either, my mom just bought me his Jersey. Thats the first jersey I have got in ten years with a players name on it. I have been a huge fan of Ben since he started playing for this team, but what he has been doing as of late is not good. We can all point at a WR for running the wrong route or the OL not doing their job, but Ben is the one throwing bad passes. Its not like the INT's have been his only bad passes over the last 4 games. I'm not saying give up on him, I'm just saying we would do better if we let Lefty take the start right now. I would rather we put our best foot forward, and its hard to say its not Lefty. He played behind the same OL, and threw to the same WR, and was much more effective.

Troyisabeast_43
11-10-2008, 03:56 PM
I dont want to give up on him either, my mom just bought me his Jersey. Thats the first jersey I have got in ten years with a players name on it. I have been a huge fan of Ben since he started playing for this team, but what he has been doing as of late is not good. We can all point at a WR for running the wrong route or the OL not doing their job, but Ben is the one throwing bad passes. Its not like the INT's have been his only bad passes over the last 4 games. I'm not saying give up on him, I'm just saying we would do better if we let Lefty take the start right now. I would rather we put our best foot forward, and its hard to say its not Lefty. He played behind the same OL, and threw to the same WR, and was much more effective.

I agree at this point if Tomlin came out tomorrow at his news conference and said Leftwich will be the starting QB the next 2 games here at home against the Chargers and Bengals I would have absolutely no problem with it at all. I think Ben could use a good 2-3 weeks of rest and sometime to get his head clear and himself more healthy for that tough stretch of road games in New England,Baltimore and Tennessee to end the season. If the defense keeps showing up like it has done every single week this year and Leftwich just manages the game and does not make mistakes and plays like he did against the Redskins the Steelers will be able to handle the Chargers and Bengals at home easily.

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
11-10-2008, 04:03 PM
why does everyone think Leftwich is god's gift to football and would save the day? He came in and played solid for 30 minutes of football.That doesn't mean he's gonna lead the team to victory against the Colts or anyone else for that matter.Everyone jumps on his jock cuz of a few good plays against the skins.Ben came out looking pretty solid yesterday, we score instead of runnin Mewelde 3 straight times on the goal line, or Ike knocks the ball down twice instead of tipping it up and that game would be over and we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

Dean Denton
11-10-2008, 04:10 PM
why does everyone think Leftwich is god's gift to football and would save the day? He came in and played solid for 30 minutes of football.That doesn't mean he's gonna lead the team to victory against the Colts or anyone else for that matter.Everyone jumps on his jock cuz of a few good plays against the skins.Ben came out looking pretty solid yesterday, we score instead of runnin Mewelde 3 straight times on the goal line, or Ike knocks the ball down twice instead of tipping it up and that game would be over and we wouldn't even be having this conversation.
Maybe everyone is on Lefty's jock because he came into that Skins game and did something Ben was not able to do. And thats move the ball down the field. If Ben would have stayed in that game we would have lost. He looked bad. No one really thinks he's gods gift, but he clearly is in better shape then Ben as far as injuries. also he doesn't have the fear of getting sacked 30 times after 9 games. Lefty wont be feeling things that aren't there, and Ben clearly is. Ben is getting rid of the ball before he needs to, and is making mistakes. you can point out all the things everyone else did wrong, but it was Bens INT that cost us 14 points. Our Def is bad ***, but the Colts are #1 in the red zone and Ben put them there twice.

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
11-10-2008, 04:16 PM
Maybe everyone is on Lefty's jock because he came into that Skins game and did something Ben was not able to do. And thats move the ball down the field. If Ben would have stayed in that game we would have lost. He looked bad. No one really thinks he's gods gift, but he clearly is in better shape then Ben as far as injuries. also he doesn't have the fear of getting sacked 30 times after 9 games. Lefty wont be feeling things that aren't there, and Ben clearly is. Ben is getting rid of the ball before he needs to, and is making mistakes. you can point out all the things everyone else did wrong, but it was Bens INT that cost us 14 points. Our Def is bad ***, but the Colts are #1 in the red zone and Ben put them there twice.

You make some good points ..but i believe in standing behind our QB..he'll come back around to the Big Ben were used to..but if everyones worried about him mentally as well as physically then i don't think benching him is going to help the situtation..he's a Pro and will play his way out of this and the team will be better for it.

Dean Denton
11-10-2008, 04:19 PM
I believe in standing behind our QB too. However we have three of them to stand behind. And as much has I love my Big little brother Ben, he's not healthy, and I want a Superbowl. I have have faith in Lefty to get that done. We dont need a hero at QB right now, just someone who can manage.

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
11-10-2008, 04:21 PM
I believe in standing behind our QB too. However we have three of them to stand behind. And as much has I love my Big little brother Ben, he's not healthy, and I want a Superbowl. I have have faith in Lefty to get that done. We dont need a hero at QB right now, just someone who can manage.

3-6 and i'm with you...but 6-3, i'll stick with #7.

Troyisabeast_43
11-10-2008, 04:21 PM

I agree you cannot turn the ball over twice in your own end of the field and give Peyton Manning the ball at the 30 yard line. It's absolute suicide doing that because you knew that Manning would move the ball right down there and make the Steelers pay which is exactly what he did. This game though is clearly on Ben for throwing both of those picks at the absolute worst possible time in the game.

JB 67
11-10-2008, 04:24 PM
Ben....What a joke. I cant believe my mom just got me a Ben Jersey for my birthday. Last time I checked there was nothing wrong with my Kordell jersey. Might be a little dusty, but that can be blown off. The SHIAT stains all over my Ben jersey look to be permanent. I'm prett sure someone posted something last week about Ben having a talk with Tomlin about how he was going to play better. When was this going to happen before or after the return of Christ?

This is what the rest of our year is going to look like with Ben at QB. His arm is shiat, he's seeing ghost out there. He getting rid of the ball way to fast at times, and throwing INT's. Too many sacks, and a too many injuries have ruined Ben. I dont know if he can recover from this right now. He knows that his play is bad, and now he will begin to force everything with a limp noodle arm.

Hey Ben, Thanks for bring a 36 year old streak to a close by losing on my birthday, and ruining it, and for letting the Colts win in Pittsburgh, something they have not done since 1968. Good job Ben we are all so proud of you. Hold your head up high, You get more money than anyone in the league this year and you played like you deserve it. Frigging *** clown....

Safe to say Willies starting job is safe with Moore showing he should not be starting at all. The guy is slow. We have a crapping running game with him back there. Why is it everyone else can run against this the Colts but Moore? Playoffs? Playoffs? Are you kidding me. We will be lucky to see 8-8 with the way Ben and Moore are playing. You are a perfect fit in Seattle the guy wins a superbowl and then he's garbage go get a Latte Bitch!!!! :cope:

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
11-10-2008, 04:35 PM
I agree you cannot turn the ball over twice in your own end of the field and give Peyton Manning the ball at the 30 yard line. It's absolute suicide doing that because you knew that Manning would move the ball right down there and make the Steelers pay which is exactly what he did. This game though is clearly on Ben for throwing both of those picks at the absolute worst possible time in the game.

That's not what i'm dissagreeing with...of course you can't turn the ball over twice in your own end of the field..Colts or anyone for that matter..i'm just saying Ben has won more for us than lost, you don't bench him..you dust it off and go at it again next week.I know he's struggling but the whole offense is..You let him play thru it.

Dean Denton
11-10-2008, 04:54 PM
You are a perfect fit in Seattle the guy wins a superbowl and then he's garbage go get a Latte Bitch!!!! :cope: He won that Superbowl a while ago, and didn't look alll that good doing it. The last time he looked good in the playoffs was in the Denver game to get to the Superbowl. Yes I know we won the SB, but did you feel really good about it? All I have heard since then was how the Refs gave the game to us, and blah blah blah. Now if Ben doesn't throw that "INT" in the End Zone we never hear Shiat about the Refs. So again it falls on Ben. Yes I know he was the reason we even made it to the SB that year, but this is a league of what have you done for me lately, and Ben has not done much other than get a big fat pay check.

And dont call me anymore of you mothers pet names....Bitch.

steel-tex
11-11-2008, 10:01 AM
ok guys lets keep mom out of it!! it all points to one thing-to much pressure on ben. mental and physical. bettis took some of the pressure off him in past years- so did a good offensive line. you cant have the crap beat out of you every game like he has and not get those happy feet!! no way he is going to play a solid game hurt-thats very hard to do, u make bad decisions and see things that are not there. I don't know what our coaches are thinking, sit him down and let him heal - the next 2 weeks anyway. bens long ball is short every time. how about a different running back once and a while - a change of pace?? arians is a bum - and our o reflects on his poor playcalling- this is the head coaches falt - he needs to do something about it. like i said no imagination--drives me nuts.

DIESELMAN
11-11-2008, 10:30 AM
I don't count the last INT because of the situation but who's to say the other two weren't Holmes fault????? Nobody is on here blaming Holmes and he could very well be the well who went the wrong way on those two plays.

Ben said this during the post game interview.....

“(Holmes) did what he was supposed to do,” Roethlisberger said. “He was supposed to stop and go back out, and I tried to get it to him quick and let him run with it, but I forgot he was going back out.”

Steelersfan
11-11-2008, 10:36 AM
Ben said this during the post game interview.....

If Ben is "forgetting" where his WR's are suppose to be I'll be right with everyone else saying to bench his ***!!!........:lol:

Obviously if he can't remember plays then the lack of practicing is hurting the team. If he can't practice and is doing that crap then he should sit until he can.