PDA

View Full Version : Despite the loss today Steelers still in pretty good shape in the AFC...

Troyisabeast_43
11-10-2008, 12:28 AM
The bottom line here is at the end of the day the Steelers are still in first place at 6-3 albeit tied with the Ravens right now owning the head to head tiebraker. They are still currently the number 2 seed in the AFC tied with the Pats and Jets for it at the moment who play Thursday night by having a better conference record of 5-1 to the Jets 4-3 and the Pats 4-3. So the bottom line is the Ravens have 2 tougher games the next 2 weeks then the Steelers do having to play at the Giants next week and then hosting Philly the week after, while the Steelers have 2 games in a row at home against the Chargers and Bengals. So the odds are the Ravens are going to lose one maybe both of those games. So if the Steelers take care of business here at home LIKE THEY SHOULD next week against a very overrated San Diego team who barely beat the pathetic Chiefs today at home and the Bengals who we all know are awful they should get to 8-3 and have a conference record of 7-1 going into the matchup with the Pats at the end of the month. Boy that game is shaping up to be huge for the Steelers now based on what I just said. It very well could determine who gets the number 2 seed in the playoffs in the AFC. The Pats play the Jets this week in New England and then have to go play down in Miami which will be a very tough game for them against a much improved Dolphins team. At the end of the day here the Steelers are still in control of their own destiny even after this loss today to Indy.

But like 32 has been saying along with many others if Ben doesnt stop throwing INT's and giving games away like he has been the Steelers are vulnerable to lose any given week. The game with San Diego next week is a lot like today's game with Indy. The Steelers are facing a team who has underachieved a lot this year and has not played well on the road but is still capable of beating you and stealing a win in your own house. If Ben continues to play the way he is playing and throw picks and literally give games away we are going to be sitting here next week this exact sametime having the same exact conversation. San Diego is a game the Steelers MUST win, and they cannot afford to lose another game at home by giving it away like they have done the last 2 home games and losses to the Giants and Colts.

TEEMONT
11-10-2008, 12:41 AM
god dammit i need more beer

BlitzburghRockCity
11-10-2008, 12:47 AM
I can't even think about the rest of the season anymore right now; this team has lost 3 games and every one has been to a quality opponent that has either a good defense, a good offense, or both. The teams we've beaten are nothing in the NFL grand scheme of things; and don't even count the Ravens as a quality opponent because they don't impress me at all considering the teams they've beat; they'll falter when the big enchilada is on the line sooner or later.

This Steeler offense doesn't scare anybody and until it does, if we even make the playoffs, we'll be ousted in the first round.

Troyisabeast_43
11-10-2008, 02:06 AM
I can't even think about the rest of the season anymore right now; this team has lost 3 games and every one has been to a quality opponent that has either a good defense, a good offense, or both. The teams we've beaten are nothing in the NFL grand scheme of things; and don't even count the Ravens as a quality opponent because they don't impress me at all considering the teams they've beat; they'll falter when the big enchilada is on the line sooner or later.

This Steeler offense doesn't scare anybody and until it does, if we even make the playoffs, we'll be ousted in the first round.

Its why at this point and time the MO for this Steelers offense needs to be DONT SCREW IT UP...This defense is good enough to win games I believe on it's own if the ball is put in their hands at the end of the game. Giving Peyton Manning the ball 2 times on turnovers deep in your own end is just suicide.

SteelerNC
11-10-2008, 09:05 AM
we are still good. we get to play our 3 division rivals still and a few other softies.

Steelersfan
11-10-2008, 09:11 AM

You been talking to Koopa lately?..........:lol:

BlitzburghRockCity
11-10-2008, 05:50 PM
Its why at this point and time the MO for this Steelers offense needs to be DONT SCREW IT UP...This defense is good enough to win games I believe on it's own if the ball is put in their hands at the end of the game. Giving Peyton Manning the ball 2 times on turnovers deep in your own end is just suicide.

I don't know if Arians is capable of that though; he's so gung ho on turning us into some type of scoring machine that the old way of doing things probably wouldn't work anymore I don't think. Ben is so hell bent on making things happen, which is good, but he's not seeing the field now and his mistakes are at the worse possible time putting our D in terrible situations constantly. At this point if Ben throws nothing but short 7-10 yd routes and we run the ball I'd be completely happy.

You been talking to Koopa lately?..........:lol:

Yeah that damn guy is rubbing off on me :lol:

Dean Denton
11-10-2008, 06:24 PM
we are still good. we get to play our 3 division rivals still and a few other softies.With a gimpy QB, and a crappy OL, and no running game there are no easy games for us unless our Def can score points. We are avg like 71 yeards a game on the ground. Thats sad!!!!! I thought wee were the Steelers. Thats not Steeler football. Maybe we can hire Cowher to be our OC next year....lol or bring back the Wiz and Russ.

BlitzburghNation
11-10-2008, 06:53 PM
So everyone's giving up on the team,,,,,,,,:scratch:

Well when we beat the bolts this week,then it'll be a 360 and we are the best team in the league and gonna win the big one :lol:

Seriously though,,,,,,,This teams got a superbowl "D" which we all know this !!!!

All we need is Ben to quit turning the ball over & we'll be fine,,,,,,,,It's just week #10
and we are still top of our division at 6-3 :popcorn:
Bad as we feel as fans,,,,,,,,,Time that by 100 and that's how bad the plyrs & coaches feel today !

I'm still keeping the faith & :towelwave: Not giving up on my team,,,,,I know the plyrs are giving it there all and we still got time to fix our problems & when we do "Look-out"

7 more games till post-season and i'm looking at one week at a time,,,,,,,:popcorn:

Look in the past in '05 and what this team done as road warriors,,,,,,,,,So until it's over,it is not over :towelwave:

Dean Denton
11-10-2008, 07:59 PM
I'm not giving up on the team, but they really aren't giving us much to jump up and down about. We are really bad on Off, and its a waste of a really good Def again...If I'm those guys on Def I'm starting to get a little pissed off. All the Talent and money on the Off, and its the Def thats bad ***. Maybe we put all the money on the wrong side of the ball.

MOTORKRAFT
11-10-2008, 08:14 PM
god dammit i need more beer L.M.A.O. :haha:

LarryNJ
11-10-2008, 08:16 PM
You're right we still are in pretty good shape, better than most in the AFC.

I believe it's as simple as fixing the O line. I'm not so sure we can do that this year. If you watch the Giants last night Eli had all the time in the world to throw, and surprise he looked good. Not to mention their 200+ yards rushing and totally controlling the clock. Give Ben that much time and he'll look good too. Since they probably can't fix the line this season, it's time for BA to come up with a different scheme. He hasn't given us any reason to believe he will.

steelerschick1220
11-10-2008, 11:30 PM
We need to spend some serious money in the off season to fix this oline. And to hire an offensive coordinator who actually has a clue.

We really need to beat the Chargers this week. I think it would give us all a good shot of confidence. As well as the players and coaches. If we don't beat them.......geesh, we might as well not bother with the playoffs because I won't have much faith in them getting out of the first round.

Brady Quinn
11-11-2008, 12:34 PM
RAVENS WILL BLOW IT!

Dean Denton
11-11-2008, 12:36 PM
RAVENS WILL BLOW IT!
yeah, they are pretty good at blowing things. look at a couple years ago at 13-3.

Troyisabeast_43
11-11-2008, 04:42 PM
yeah, they are pretty good at blowing things. look at a couple years ago at 13-3.

Yea that 13-3 didnt mean anything either because they ended up choking in the playoffs that year and losing to the Colts. This years Tennessee team reminds me a lot of that Ravens team of 2006. I can see the exact samething happening to them come playoff time....

Dean Denton
11-11-2008, 07:30 PM
Yea that 13-3 didnt mean anything either because they ended up choking in the playoffs that year and losing to the Colts. This years Tennessee team reminds me a lot of that Ravens team of 2006. I can see the exact samething happening to them come playoff time....
Lets hope its us that finishes them off.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-12-2008, 02:24 PM
Collins is looking better this year than he has in years past when he's been a pro. They play tough D, solid running game, and can throw it when they have too. Im not convinced they can stop a high powered offensive team on a regular basis or be able to keep up with one either so Im not totally sold on them down the stretch but they are playing good ball right now.

As far as we're concerned this game is a must win against the Chargers, we lose it and you might as well just conceed that we can't be anybody good no matter what the circumstances. We have got to get our act together on offense.

Steel Trap86
11-12-2008, 04:23 PM

well we did go into washington on monday night and shut them down. the redskins are a quality team, they had a little somethin goin before we beat them.