PDA

View Full Version : Who is in charge?

MOTORKRAFT
11-09-2008, 08:29 PM
It's been two years since coach Cower left and this team has no identity. People say blame Big Ben, blame Colbert, blame Arians, blame Zierlein, blame Tomlin, blame the o-line, blame this, blame that. Blame starts at the top. Who is to blame?
This team has more talent than most. This team has more desire to win than most. This team is pissing away this year because they have no identity. Tomlin is to blame for that. He looks like a young Art Shell on the side line (looks like a deer in the head lights) good smiles don't win games.
This team is being out coached in every game. There is no motivation that I can see. The use of personel is a joke. Half time adjustments only lose games. If Ken Whisenhunt was still here I guarantee things would be better.
Coach Tomlin may be great later (I hope he is), but right now he is not doing a good job. Outcoached, no leadership, no identity. Simple as that.

tenToesUp
11-09-2008, 08:35 PM
Only two things wrong with our team. Big Ben and Bruce "No Juice" Arians. Luckily Ben will heal up and get better (if we sit him for a while), Bruce is hopeless.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-09-2008, 08:36 PM
This team is trying to transition into the Colts offense. That's what Arians wants to do and you can see it when watching the 2 teams play. Today the colts went downfield all day which they don't always do because they knew they couldn't run against us and win so they tried and tried to make plays through the air and most times we were able to stop them but in the end it was too much.

Right now the defense has an identity, the ST has one too, but the offense can't make up it's mind what it wants to do. If you look at all turnovers and poor play by Ben and this unit it's clear every single game we've lost with the exception of the Eagles game, the offense gave the game away by turning it over or just not making enough plays.

BlitzburghNation
11-09-2008, 08:40 PM
Well put TG ~~~ :clap:

Mike Tomlin is in charge,,,,,:popcorn:

Still believe in him & still think he's a good coach & will stay behind him as long as he's on our sideline !

Troyisabeast_43
11-09-2008, 08:41 PM
It's been two years since coach Cower left and this team has no identity. People say blame Big Ben, blame Colbert, blame Arians, blame Zierlein, blame Tomlin, blame the o-line, blame this, blame that. Blame starts at the top. Who is to blame?
This team has more talent than most. This team has more desire to win than most. This team is pissing away this year because they have no identity. Tomlin is to blame for that. He looks like a young Art Shell on the side line (looks like a deer in the head lights) good smiles don't win games.
This team is being out coached in every game. There is no motivation that I can see. The use of personel is a joke. Half time adjustments only lose games. If Ken Whisenhunt was still here I guarantee things would be better.
Coach Tomlin may be great later (I hope he is), but right now he is not doing a good job. Outcoached, no leadership, no identity. Simple as that.

I agree it's getting very irritating to hear Tomlin come out after every single game they lose and say the samethings about how we accept what we put out there today and the standard of expectations doesnt change. He said it again tonight in his postgame press conference and it's starting to get really old and boring.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-09-2008, 08:52 PM
Mike Tomlin=A Very Good Yes Man For The Rooney Family.......lol I'm not sold...Yes he has had some positive effects on this team.......He has restocked the LB core and signed Moore......That is about it.....lol

Ambridge
11-09-2008, 09:09 PM
I agree it's getting very irritating to hear Tomlin come out after every single game they lose and say the samethings about how we accept what we put out there today and the standard of expectations doesnt change. He said it again tonight in his postgame press conference and it's starting to get really old and boring.

Tomlin's lines are getting old already and it really pissed me off after the New York game that the first thing out of Tomlin's mouth in his post game PC is him giving congratulations and warm and fuzzies to the Giants.:evilshake:
That kind of stuff stops with the handshakes at the end of the game.

I believe in the Jack Lambert saying: "Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser".

Troyisabeast_43
11-09-2008, 09:25 PM
Mike Tomlin=A Very Good Yes Man For The Rooney Family.......lol I'm not sold...Yes he has had some positive effects on this team.......He has restocked the LB core and signed Moore......That is about it.....lol

I agree Tomlin still has a long way to go as well with me before I am completely sold on him. The last 2 losses at home here to the Giants and the Colts are very very hard to swallow. At the end of the day however, the Steelers are still in first place all be it tied with the Ravens at 6-3 and still hold onto the number 2 seed in the AFC over the Pats and the Jets who play on Thursday night which will make one of them 7-3. That's why it makes that game now next week with San Diego even more important because the Steelers not only want to stay ahead of Baltimore who is now tied with them but they want to keep that number 2 seed in tact which is what they can do by winning next week and then having a game with Cincy the next week which should also be a win.

yinzer
11-09-2008, 09:38 PM
you know what... i'm so frustrated right now, i'm not even sure what thread i'm posting in or what the thread is even about. i'm just aimlessly roaming around the site trying to figure out what in THEE hell happened tonight. i've never seen ben SUCK so bad and ariass SCREW us more than he did tonight. i know some people will say that it's early and we can't be too hard on the guys. some people will say that we're 6-3 and will be in the playoffs. etc, etc, etc, ****ING etc!!! i say.... SO THE **** WHAT!!!!??? what kind of team are we gonna be in the post season??? somebody please tell me. what are we gonna do?? take a big fat SHIAT after our first game in the post season like we did last year just to say that we made it there??? BULLSHIAT!!!

A) I DON'T KNOW, NOR DO I GIVE A **CK WHAT BEN'S PROBLEM IS BUT HE NEEDS TO FIGURE IT OUT!
B) BRUCE ARIANS.... BRUCE ARIANS, IF YOU CAN HEAR ME RIGHT NOW, AND I PRAY TO GOD THAT YOU CAN, I'M NOT SURE WHERE OR WHEN IN YOUR PATHETIC LIFE, YOU DECIDED THAT YOU WANTED TO BE INVOLVED IN FOOTBALL, BUT YOU ARE, BY FAR, THE WORST SPECIMEN OF HUMAN FECES THAT HAS EVER STEPPED ONTO THE SIDELINES. YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED TO WEAR BLACK AND GOLD. YOU BETTER GET A HOLD OF TEMPLE'S FRONT OFFICE BECAUSE THIS WILL BE YOUR LAST SEASON ****ING OVER THE STEELERS!
C) TOMLIN, LAST YEAR I DIDN'T HOLD YOU COMPLETELY RESPONSIBLE BECAUSE IT WAS YOUR FIRST SEASON IN PITTSBURGH. THIS YEAR, HOWEVER, IT'S A DIFFERENT STORY. IT IS YOU, THAT'S RIGHT, YOU, WHO CONTINUES TO LET THE DEBACLE IN PITTSBURGH STAY ON TRACK. IF I HEAR YOU OPEN ONE MORE PRESS CONFERENCE WITH GIVING THE OTHER TEAM PROPS, WHILE YOUR TEAM JUST SHIAT THE BED, I'M GONNA VOMIT. STOP PLAYING UP TO THE MEDIA. THEY DON'T WANT FLUFF. THEY WANT HEART!! THE LOSS TO THE COLTS WAS ON 3 PEOPLE... BEN, ARIASS, AND TOMLIN.
i will continue to bleed black and gold but just so you know; ariass, ben, and tomlin, we are ALL getting a little tired of your bullshiat.

HUNT4SEVEN
11-09-2008, 11:18 PM
Only two things wrong with our team. Big Ben and Bruce "No Juice" Arians. Luckily Ben will heal up and get better (if we sit him for a while), Bruce is hopeless.
Man i couldn't of said it better myself:yellowthumb: thank u:clap::clap:

--- Added 11/9/2008 at 10:18 PM ---

you know what... i'm so frustrated right now, i'm not even sure what thread i'm posting in or what the thread is even about. i'm just aimlessly roaming around the site trying to figure out what in THEE hell happened tonight. i've never seen ben SUCK so bad and ariass SCREW us more than he did tonight. i know some people will say that it's early and we can't be too hard on the guys. some people will say that we're 6-3 and will be in the playoffs. etc, etc, etc, ****ING etc!!! i say.... SO THE **** WHAT!!!!??? what kind of team are we gonna be in the post season??? somebody please tell me. what are we gonna do?? take a big fat SHIAT after our first game in the post season like we did last year just to say that we made it there??? BULLSHIAT!!!

A) I DON'T KNOW, NOR DO I GIVE A **CK WHAT BEN'S PROBLEM IS BUT HE NEEDS TO FIGURE IT OUT!
B) BRUCE ARIANS.... BRUCE ARIANS, IF YOU CAN HEAR ME RIGHT NOW, AND I PRAY TO GOD THAT YOU CAN, I'M NOT SURE WHERE OR WHEN IN YOUR PATHETIC LIFE, YOU DECIDED THAT YOU WANTED TO BE INVOLVED IN FOOTBALL, BUT YOU ARE, BY FAR, THE WORST SPECIMEN OF HUMAN FECES THAT HAS EVER STEPPED ONTO THE SIDELINES. YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED TO WEAR BLACK AND GOLD. YOU BETTER GET A HOLD OF TEMPLE'S FRONT OFFICE BECAUSE THIS WILL BE YOUR LAST SEASON ****ING OVER THE STEELERS!
C) TOMLIN, LAST YEAR I DIDN'T HOLD YOU COMPLETELY RESPONSIBLE BECAUSE IT WAS YOUR FIRST SEASON IN PITTSBURGH. THIS YEAR, HOWEVER, IT'S A DIFFERENT STORY. IT IS YOU, THAT'S RIGHT, YOU, WHO CONTINUES TO LET THE DEBACLE IN PITTSBURGH STAY ON TRACK. IF I HEAR YOU OPEN ONE MORE PRESS CONFERENCE WITH GIVING THE OTHER TEAM PROPS, WHILE YOUR TEAM JUST SHIAT THE BED, I'M GONNA VOMIT. STOP PLAYING UP TO THE MEDIA. THEY DON'T WANT FLUFF. THEY WANT HEART!! THE LOSS TO THE COLTS WAS ON 3 PEOPLE... BEN, ARIASS, AND TOMLIN.
i will continue to bleed black and gold but just so you know; ariass, ben, and tomlin, we are ALL getting a little tired of your bullshiat.
:clap::clap::clap::clap:Well said my friend:tt02::tt02::clap::clap::clap:

$teelersRule
11-10-2008, 12:40 AM

:clap::clap::clap:

Silverback 92
11-10-2008, 08:58 AM
I liked the young art shell comparison, seems to be true so far

Gettysburgh_Steel
11-19-2008, 12:05 AM
We have shown so little thus far in the way of offense. I am sure that all of the injuries we have sustained on the offensive side of the ball has something to do with that. We have not even peaked yet as an offensive unit. All the false start penalties,and holding has got to stop. We all know the caliber of this team,but it is at the point where someone has got to take charge. It is the best, to not peak at the wrong time, but we have to get the Steel closer to the furnace now! Warm it up a bit! No one can say that our offense is even close to the temperature that our defense is. We do need our offense to raise the heat a degree or so. Who is in charge of that? Ben? Arians? Tomlin? Front office? The team? We are in good shape to get strong when we should be. The o-line has always been a victim of the play calling as far as i am concerned. Why wait any longer? I say ram the ball down the opponents throat,and then do all that fancy passing. If we can not clear a rushing lane with our o-line that we have, and they are built for clearing a path, then i do believe we will be in some big ***,**** deep trouble. They can do it,so start the trouble for the defenses now i say. Don't hold back any longer. Ben will not be hounded and he can be the Ben we all know and love. I agree with Parker,it is time we got back to our identity. Then let Ben kill em!!!!!!!!:tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02:

steelerschick1220
11-19-2008, 10:16 AM
I like Tomlin. I think he will make a great head coach.

JensK
11-20-2008, 04:16 AM
I think Tomlin will be just fine... He is, together with LeBeau, really good at putting together a really neat defence, and they are calling the right stuff all the time. What he needs is a guy who knows how to run an offence... Tomlin does not know, and Arians sure as hell don't know.

Steelers70
11-20-2008, 05:04 AM
I don't really blame players very often because even average players can look stellar if the coaching is sound. Exceptions would be non-team players, which aren't really an issue on our team. And if the coaching is good, then bad players don't make the cut. I've been around football in many arenas for over 35 years and there's always two groups to blame... Coaches and Front Office. The coaches about 85% of the time. They may indeed be trying to change the Steelers into the Colts but anytime you rebuild a team it should take half a dozen years at least. Doing it suddenly or trying to force it is a good way to break it. And while Arians may suck, (and he certainly does), it's Tomlin ultimately responsible for him. The whole "buck stops here" thing. The Rooneys could be interfering but I highly doubt it considering their track record. Colbert had his run ins with Cowher but never to the extent where Cowher was hobbled. This means in this instance it's the coaching staff pure and simple. The o-line wasn't great under Cowher in the end either though. In that, it's mostly a problem with available talent in the pool. I could write a book on that issue alone. Needless to say I blame Tomlin and Tomlin alone. Yes we're winning, but it's very costly.

-Steelers70

steelerschick1220
11-20-2008, 01:45 PM
I think Tomlin will be just fine... He is, together with LeBeau, really good at putting together a really neat defence, and they are calling the right stuff all the time. What he needs is a guy who knows how to run an offence... Tomlin does not know, and Arians sure as hell don't know.

I completely and totally agree with that!!!!!!

Dean Denton
11-20-2008, 01:49 PM
I am not sure about this. I hope Tomlin is in charge. And I think its safe to say that he is showing more emotion on the sideline this year, then last year. No one can ever replace Cowher when it comes to that, but Tomlin seems to care more this year, and he doesn't seem so lost out there. We all new coming in that Tomlin was going to struggle, and he made that clear last year in the playoffs at the end of the game. This might not be his year with Arians as OC, but I think its safe to say next year we will have new one. Now, keep in mind with a new OC comes a whole new system, and we will have growing pains there, and who knows how long it will take for them to adjust to it.
Look how many OC Kordell had, and look how bad he played because of it. If any of you read The Buses book he explains that.

I dont know if Tomlin can find his groove, and even with records like 10-6 or 13-3, without a SB I dont know if he will ever be loved here with the type of Off he puts out on the field. I do think if Mendenhal was playing we would have an identity. It would be pound he rock.