PDA

View Full Version : Ravens are making a move...

AZ_Steeler
11-09-2008, 08:48 PM
The Ravens destroyed the Texans today and their offense is starting to look good! If the Steelers don't start executing on offense the Ravens could sneak up and take the North away from them.

Anyone notice the Ravens have more total points than the Steelers now... 212 top 198!

Can the Ravens take the division from the Steelers????

BlitzburghRockCity
11-09-2008, 08:49 PM
The Ravens haven't played anybody with a decent offense so Im not worried about them that much. The Texans are a disaster so it's no surprise the Ratbirds beat them. Right now I don't have a problem with our defense playing against Flacco but our offense can't get out of it's own way.

AZ_Steeler
11-09-2008, 08:53 PM
The Ravens next 4 games are @NYG, Phi, @Cin and then the Skins... Those will be some tough games and hopefully they can lose a couple of those! :bigthumb:

Black@Gold Forever32
11-09-2008, 09:01 PM
The Ravens destroyed the Texans today and their offense is starting to look good! If the Steelers don't start executing on offense the Ravens could sneak up and take the North away from them.

Anyone notice the Ravens have more total points than the Steelers now... 212 top 198!

Can the Ravens take the division from the Steelers????

The Ravens will win the AFC North.............Yes they have some tough game up ahead but so do we......

Chargers, Pats, Cowboys,Titans, Ravens are all potential loses for this team......Really the Bengals and Browns are really the only thing to a sure thing for the Steelers.....But Quinn is starting for the Browns and that game could go either way....I'm sorry with the way Ben is playing he is holding the Steelers back....He will continue to do so unless he gets his **** together....

BlitzburghRockCity
11-09-2008, 09:33 PM
The Ravens next 4 games are @NYG, Phi, @Cin and then the Skins... Those will be some tough games and hopefully they can lose a couple of those! :bigthumb:

They'll probably beat Cincy and the Skins but Flacco won't be able to stand up to the pass rush of the Giants and Eagles so I look for them to go 2-2 in that scenario most likely.

Troyisabeast_43
11-09-2008, 09:35 PM
The Ravens will win the AFC North.............Yes they have some tough game up ahead but so do we......

Chargers, Pats, Cowboys,Titans, Ravens are all potential loses for this team......Really the Bengals and Browns are really the only thing to a sure thing for the Steelers.....But Quinn is starting for the Browns and that game could go either way....I'm sorry with the way Ben is playing he is holding the Steelers back....He will continue to do so unless he gets his shiat together....

Let's not go that far yet 32 I know people are pissed about this loss tonight but the Ravens still have a tough game against the Giants next week on the road and then hosting Philly the next week while the Steelers have the Chargers and Bengals at home the next 2 games. The Ravens will definitely lose one maybe even both of those games so if the Steelers take care of business the next 2 weeks at home and that is a big big IF the way the Steelers are playing they will get that 1 or 2 game lead back in the AFC North. I dont think the Steelers will lose 3 games in a row at home and West Coast teams never play well on the East especially the Chargers so I look for the Steelers to snap this losing streak next week and hopefully that will get them back on track.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-09-2008, 09:43 PM
Let's not go that far yet 32 I know people are pissed about this loss tonight but the Ravens still have a tough game against the Giants next week on the road and then hosting Philly the next week while the Steelers have the Chargers and Bengals at home the next 2 games. The Ravens will definitely lose one maybe even both of those games so if the Steelers take care of business the next 2 weeks at home and that is a big big IF the way the Steelers are playing they will get that 1 or 2 game lead back in the AFC North. I dont think the Steelers will lose 3 games in a row at home and West Coast teams never play well on the East especially the Chargers so I look for the Steelers to snap this losing streak next week and hopefully that will get them back on track.

A few points here......Flacco is out playing our QB and he is a rookie......Ok the Steelers were really supposed to beat the Colts today.....They also had the Giants beaten....But they didn't close the deal.....I agree the Chargers game should be a win for the Steelers....But Ben will keep the Chargers in it....

The Steelers will lose in New England and Baltimore......I'm sure Belichick will have a game plan to really **** with Ben....Plus the Steelers have lost 5 straight in Baltimore.......I don't see this team beating the Titans on the road....

The Steelers will beat the Bengals and Browns.....Probably the Cowboys as well but that game could go either way to....

The Steelers lost another game they should have won today and watch it will come back to bite them in the ***....Even if they sneak into the play-offs this team will be one and done....Cowher lost his first two play-off games as well.....

Sad thing the defense is Super Bowl calibur.....

BlitzburghRockCity
11-09-2008, 09:47 PM
No win is a guarantee at this point when the opponent has a winning record it's as simple as that. Until we prove we can beat quality teams we're going to see the 1/2 game lead dwindle away until we're looking at the divisional leader.

The Ratbirds have a tough 4 weeks ahead so nothing is a guarantee either. Right now 10-6 will win the division, if not 11-5.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-09-2008, 09:49 PM
No win is a guarantee at this point when the opponent has a winning record it's as simple as that. Until we prove we can beat quality teams we're going to see the 1/2 game lead dwindle away until we're looking at the divisional leader.

The Ratbirds have a tough 4 weeks ahead so nothing is a guarantee either. Right now 10-6 will win the division, if not 11-5.

Problem is the Steelers might not win 10 or 11 games to win the division.....I have no faith in the offense right now (especially Big Ben).....They will continue to keep the other team in games...lol

HUNT4SEVEN
11-10-2008, 12:13 AM
We won't win shiat if we don't stop shooting our selves in the foot, Bens injured sit him an let Bryon play the next two weeks.

Prosdo
11-10-2008, 05:19 AM
Kinda crazy how those damn Ravens just snuck up on us. I don't expect their winning to last much longer though.

SteelfordWexler
11-10-2008, 09:06 AM
The Ravens look great against the Raiders, Texans, Browns and Dolphins. We were designing Super Bowl T-shirts after playing the Texans and Browns. Don't forget - these Colts blew them out earlier this year.

SteelerNC
11-10-2008, 09:17 AM

GOOD!!:cope:

coggsnyrnyg
11-10-2008, 11:36 AM
You did us a favor and took care of the Skins. We will do the same and take care of the Ravens. Anyone else absolutely HATE when people say "WE" when referring to their favorite team? I find it annoying, and seldom do it, but do not feel like going back to change it.

Dean Denton
11-10-2008, 12:33 PM
The Ravens will win 3 out of their next 4.

SteelfordWexler
11-10-2008, 02:23 PM

If they do - I think they will win the division. But I think they could just as easily lose 3 of 4. They have Philly and Washington at home, but they are still quality teams - especially on the defense.

Dean Denton
11-10-2008, 02:30 PM
The Ravens seem to be getting better on the Off side of the ball and we seem to be falling from grace. Sure we have played teams that are a little tougher over the last couple weeks, but it is what it is. They are fine tuning their Off and we all playing bush league at best. We looked like the Key Stone Cops out there yesterday. Well, and couple people did.

Troyisabeast_43
11-10-2008, 04:10 PM

They very well could win 3 of the next 4 since after the Giants game next week they play the Eagles in Baltimore, then go to Cincy,and then play Washington at home. With that being said the Ravens are not going to win in New York next week I just dont see it happening. They have won 4 games in a row and they're due for a down week, and this is the best team they have played in this whole stretch so mark it down the Ravens will lose to the Giants.

The bottom line here is the Steelers still control their own destiny to win this division and get the bye week in the AFC. The schedule most definitely favors the Steelers as opposed to the Ravens over the next 2 weeks at home playing the Chargers and Bengals at home, while the Ravens have games at the Giants and hosting the Eagles. With that being said, with that stretch of 3 out of 4 games on the road looming in New England,Baltimore and Tennessee in December it's a pretty safe bet to sit here and say that if the Steelers do not win these next 2 games at home against San Diego and the Bungles they are in serious danger of not only not winning the division but also possibly not even getting a wildcard spot. Take care of business at home against the Chargers and Bengals which I believe the Steelers will do and the Steelers will be in good shape with 10 days to prepare for the Patriots which I think is a big deal.

Dean Denton
11-10-2008, 04:21 PM
Yes the Steelers need to take care of business, but the way they are play I dont know if they will. This team could miss the playoffs all together.

Troyisabeast_43
11-10-2008, 04:36 PM
Yes the Steelers need to take care of business, but the way they are play I dont know if they will. This team could miss the playoffs all together.

Im not ready to go that far just yet. However, a loss to the Chargers this week at home the same way we have been losing games here with Ben throwing picks and mistakes then I will definitely start pushing the panic button. If things go like we hope with the Ravens losing in New York on Sunday and the Steelers winning against San Diego next Monday this time the Steelers will have back that one game lead in the division with an absolute gimmie game up next on Thursday night next week against the Bengals.

Dean Denton
11-10-2008, 04:59 PM
Im not ready to go that far just yet. However, a loss to the Chargers this week at home the same way we have been losing games here with Ben throwing picks and mistakes then I will definitely start pushing the panic button. If things go like we hope with the Ravens losing in New York on Sunday and the Steelers winning against San Diego next Monday this time the Steelers will have back that one game lead in the division with an absolute gimmie game up next on Thursday night next week against the Bengals. That sounds great. however, and I'm not trying to play Devils advocate here, but The Giants I think are in for a let down game because Eli is still the QB, and you know how Ray gets the team up for games like this. Ray will have this Def ready to go, and they are going to bring the house agianst the Giants. The Giants are not going to run the ball any better against them then they did against us, and the Ravens have a better Secondary then we do right now.

As far as the Game against the Benguls.....dont sell this one has win. This is a short week, and the Benguls will be playing with nothing to lose, so look for them to go for it alot on 4th down. The have a younger team then we do, and it wont be has hard for them to turn around and play after only four days rest. To me this is the hardest game on our schedule this year.

Troyisabeast_43
11-10-2008, 05:13 PM
That sounds great. however, and I'm not trying to play Devils advocate here, but The Giants I think are in for a let down game because Eli is still the QB, and you know how Ray gets the team up for games like this. Ray will have this Def ready to go, and they are going to bring the house agianst the Giants. The Giants are not going to run the ball any better against them then they did against us, and the Ravens have a better Secondary then we do right now.

As far as the Game against the Benguls.....dont sell this one has win. This is a short week, and the Benguls will be playing with nothing to lose, so look for them to go for it alot on 4th down. The have a younger team then we do, and it wont be has hard for them to turn around and play after only four days rest. To me this is the hardest game on our schedule this year.

I do think the Ravens will give them a good game, but in the end I think that Eli will be able to make more plays then Joe Flacco and that will be the difference. That Giants defense is tough as well and Flacco is going to have a very tough time making plays on the road in New York. This isnt going to be like playing Cleveland and Houston for Flacco on the road like the last 2 weeks. The Browns keep in mind were up 14 points on Baltimore and choked the game away. The Ravens also faced a good offense in Indy on the road a few weeks back and got blown out as well. This will be the stiffest test the Ravens have had since the Indy game.

As for the Bengals game the Bengals can go for all the 4th downs they want too in that game they will not be able to do anything with Ryan Fitzpatrick at QB on the road against this defense. The Steelers sacked him and tortured him in Cincy the first game they will do exactly the samething if not worse this game as well. To say this game is the hardest game left on the schedule this year is just assanine and I totally disagree. If you think it's going to be harder for the Steelers to beat Cincy at home then it will be to go into New England,Baltimore,and Tennessee and win and even beat Dallas here at home then I want some of that stuff you're smokin.

SteelerNC
11-10-2008, 06:43 PM
I hate the RatBirds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BlitzburghNation
11-10-2008, 06:54 PM
I hate the RatBirds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:ditto:
Read the title and i said dam,,,,,,,,are they moving back to cleveland :haha:

Dean Denton
11-10-2008, 07:00 PM
I do think the Ravens will give them a good game, but in the end I think that Eli will be able to make more plays then Joe Flacco and that will be the difference. That Giants defense is tough as well and Flacco is going to have a very tough time making plays on the road in New York. This isnt going to be like playing Cleveland and Houston for Flacco on the road like the last 2 weeks. The Browns keep in mind were up 14 points on Baltimore and choked the game away. The Ravens also faced a good offense in Indy on the road a few weeks back and got blown out as well. This will be the stiffest test the Ravens have had since the Indy game.

As for the Bengals game the Bengals can go for all the 4th downs they want too in that game they will not be able to do anything with Ryan Fitzpatrick at QB on the road against this defense. The Steelers sacked him and tortured him in Cincy the first game they will do exactly the samething if not worse this game as well. To say this game is the hardest game left on the schedule this year is just assanine and I totally disagree. If you think it's going to be harder for the Steelers to beat Cincy at home then it will be to go into New England,Baltimore,and Tennessee and win and even beat Dallas here at home then I want some of that stuff you're smokin.Its a short week and thats what makes it hard to play Cincy. and we didn't break away against them last time until the 4th quarter. We get 10 days to prep for New England.

And I seem to remember the Browns crushing the Giants. They are beatable. And the Ravens can pull that trigger easy with that Def.

Right now I dont feel good about any of our games because we are so sorry with our Off. Yes Def wins Championships, but the Off scores the points, and we dont seem to be doing that so great right now. We are however really good at turning the ball over.

Troyisabeast_43
11-10-2008, 07:11 PM
Its a short week and thats what makes it hard to play Cincy. and we didn't break away against them last time until the 4th quarter. We get 10 days to prep for New England.

And I seem to remember the Browns crushing the Giants. They are beatable. And the Ravens can pull that trigger easy with that Def.

Right now I dont feel good about any of our games because we are so sorry with our Off. Yes Def wins Championships, but the Off scores the points, and we dont seem to be doing that so great right now. We are however really good at turning the ball over.

Yea but that game was in Cleveland and this game with the Ravens will be in New York. And I really believe that game that the Giants overlooked the Browns a lot. They wont do that against the Ravens. The Ravens are playing good football right now but let's keep in mind the last 3 weeks they beat the Raiders,Browns,and Texans. The 3 games they have lost were to the Steelers,Titans,and Colts. All pretty good above average teams. This Giants team is a lot better then above average they might be the best team in the NFL. I still find it very hard to believe that the Giants defense will allow Joe Flacco to come into their house and beat them at home I just dont see it happening. As for Cincy I will worry about that game come next week this time. Right now the Steelers had better stay focused on beating the Chargers at home on Sunday. As for the short week it still will be no excuse what so ever for losing to the Bengals with Fitzpatrick as their QB. If the Steelers would dare lose to the Bengals here at home which will not happen then Tomlin and this whole coaching staff should be fired on Friday morning after the game...

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
11-10-2008, 08:28 PM
Its a short week and thats what makes it hard to play Cincy. and we didn't break away against them last time until the 4th quarter. We get 10 days to prep for New England.

Dude your killing me....your such a Debbie Downer.Are you a Steelers fan or a Browns fan in disguise trying to buzz kill everyone?

Dean Denton
11-11-2008, 01:02 PM
Dude your killing me....your such a Debbie Downer.Are you a Steelers fan or a Browns fan in disguise trying to buzz kill everyone?
First off, I am THE Steelers fan. There are no others like me. Trust me when I tell you they broke the mold at my birth. But I know football, and I know what I'm seeing on the field with these guys. I know that we will not see the post season if we continue to play like this. We can not lose games at home like this. We can not turn the ball over when we are trying to hold a lead. We can not continue to run retarded plays in the Red Zone when we dont have the right players for the formation. We can not progress if we do not take advantage of the depth that we have at certain position.

One thing is for sure and thats, that I will not lie to myself or try to convince myself that this team is something that its not. This team has yet to find its identity on the Off side of the ball, and it can not win a SB with play like this. The play calling, the execution, or lack there of is costing us games. Games that we should have won..Giants, Colts. If we are the better team then we need to start to show it. We need to finish games, finish weaker teams, and remove all the mistakes. There was a time not to long ago that this team played hard for 60 minutes on both sides of the ball. Now its just the Def. You cant win like that.

For the record though, I do like the Browns, and wish they would be good again. I loved the match ups with the Steelers when it was a close game. And I want the AFCN to be tough again. I want the winner of the North to win it all. I want the Steelers to win a tough division, not back into the playoffs because everyone else sucked like the Seahawks have been doing for years now.

Troyisabeast_43
11-11-2008, 04:50 PM
First off, I am THE Steelers fan. There are no others like me. Trust me when I tell you they broke the mold at my birth. But I know football, and I know what I'm seeing on the field with these guys. I know that we will not see the post season if we continue to play like this. We can not lose games at home like this. We can not turn the ball over when we are trying to hold a lead. We can not continue to run retarded plays in the Red Zone when we dont have the right players for the formation. We can not progress if we do not take advantage of the depth that we have at certain position.

One thing is for sure and thats, that I will not lie to myself or try to convince myself that this team is something that its not. This team has yet to find its identity on the Off side of the ball, and it can not win a SB with play like this. The play calling, the execution, or lack there of is costing us games. Games that we should have won..Giants, Colts. If we are the better team then we need to start to show it. We need to finish games, finish weaker teams, and remove all the mistakes. There was a time not to long ago that this team played hard for 60 minutes on both sides of the ball. Now its just the Def. You cant win like that.

For the record though, I do like the Browns, and wish they would be good again. I loved the match ups with the Steelers when it was a close game. And I want the AFCN to be tough again. I want the winner of the North to win it all. I want the Steelers to win a tough division, not back into the playoffs because everyone else sucked like the Seahawks have been doing for years now.

It's interesting you bring up the identity factor because they asked Mike Tomlin today about this at his press conference and even he himself couldnot answer that question. That in my opinion is not a very good sign and to be honest with you it's a bit disturbing to hear that come out of his mouth. I agree with you that at some point Bruce Arians has to be held accountable by Mike Tomlin and company for horrible playcalling in the red zone and especially horrible playcalling at key points in games. That absolutely MUST get better. Right now I dont think the Steelers are in danger of missing the playoffs or anything, but as to how far they will go in the playoffs has yet to be determined. Like you pointed out efforts like the ones against the Giants and the Colts here at home will definitely make the Steelers a true one and done canidate come playoff time...

Stlrs4Life
11-11-2008, 05:09 PM
The Ravens haven't played anybody with a decent offense so Im not worried about them that much. The Texans are a disaster so it's no surprise the Ratbirds beat them. Right now I don't have a problem with our defense playing against Flacco but our offense can't get out of it's own way.

What TG said. The Ratbirds have the harder part of thier schedule coming up also.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-12-2008, 07:00 PM
last year when we started out hot and then faded down the stretch and now we started out hot but we're struggling each week to continue to get wins because of inconsistent play at QB and other factors on offense. We all knew with a 3 game lead it wasn't going to last and now here we are with only a 1/2 game lead and fighting to stay in first place. This team never makes it easy on themselves and come December they are fighting for every win they can get.