PDA

View Full Version : Ben is an embarrasment to the Steelers; You have to blame Ben

tenToesUp
11-09-2008, 08:15 PM
This guy is getting worse every week. Tomlin has to bench him and give us at least a chance to win the division. How much more of this can we take?

Stairwayto7
11-09-2008, 08:16 PM
He is at leat 75% of the reason that we lost. Why would you throw underneath to moore on 3 and 21, when there are no timeouts??? I love Ben but this season Im just not sure he is the guy.

Two minute warning on. 5 yard pass after 5 yard pass. 1 minute to go 10 yards???????? What the hell is that????????????????????????????

Arians sucks too he is the other reason.

Koopa
11-09-2008, 08:17 PM
you can't bench a 100 million dollar man..............ben needs to tear something in his knees so he can be benched

BlackGold4vr
11-09-2008, 08:19 PM
That loss was all Bens. So glad he gutted this one out to hand us a loss! :rant2:

tenToesUp
11-09-2008, 08:20 PM
Ridiculous. I'm starting to wonder if Tomlin is willing to make the tough decisions to let us win games.

--- Added 11/9/2008 at 06:20 PM ---

That was the classic Big Ben prevent offense.

SteelfordWexler
No question that Ben has no velocity on his pass at all. He can't threaten to throw it deep at all and when he tries - it is under thrown miserably. He needs to sit until he gets his fastball back.

Stairwayto7
our two minute offesne is horrible!

V_83
11-09-2008, 08:21 PM
Two of the Colts TDs were off of Ben's INTs and the other one was Ike's tip to Wayne. What a sh***y game.

scottbe
11-09-2008, 08:24 PM

tenToesUp
11-09-2008, 08:25 PM
I'll bet their partying in Baltimore tonight!!!

mateus
11-09-2008, 08:27 PM
ben sucks period.play leftwhich already

wow your first post. lol.

vidaliasteelerfan
11-09-2008, 08:30 PM
Give Leftwich a try!

AZ_Steeler
11-09-2008, 08:35 PM
Two of the Colts TDs were off of Ben's INTs and the other one was Ike's tip to Wayne. What a sh***y game.

Exactly!!! 2 TO's equals 14 points for the Colts... Steelers 0 points off of 0 causes TO's :cursin: This one falls on Ben... those passes were horrible and should not have been thrown. Had they been tipped I would give him the benefit of the doubt. He shouldn't have thrown those though!

BlitzburghRockCity
11-09-2008, 08:35 PM
Let's keep this in perspective alittle bit..Ben is not an embarassment to the team but he is struggling. he's not seeing the field, all of his picks were clearly his fault. It wasn't a case of tipped balls or the WR's not making the plays today, his play cost us the game and we couldn't overcome it. Had the defense not been as good as it was today we would have been blown out.

He's not the worst QB in this league here people so let's not get crazy but he is in a funk and very inconsistent.

Steelersfan
11-09-2008, 08:36 PM
Ya Ben threw two picks. Anyone ever think maybe the WR's can't get open on a consistent basis???? 1st pick Holmes and Ben weren't on the same page. 2nd pick almost looked like the same thing. Holmes keeps going and that isn't a pick. And how about the D stepping up for once after a turnover??? It's a team sport and I thought Ben played pretty well. I wasn't happy about the 3 straight runs on 1st and goal though. How about a little play action or something Bruce?????????????????

Silverback 92
11-09-2008, 08:36 PM
coaches loose games players win them, this ones on tomlin for playing Ben

ward86steelers
11-09-2008, 08:38 PM
I agree. Lol at his promise, but seriously leftwich at least deserves a chance I mean he is a starting qb in a backup role. If leftwich doesn't play any better after a game or two just put Ben back in.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-09-2008, 08:40 PM
Let's keep this in perspective alittle bit..Ben is not an embarassment to the team but he is struggling. he's not seeing the field, all of his picks were clearly his fault. It wasn't a case of tipped balls or the WR's not making the plays today, his play cost us the game and we couldn't overcome it. Had the defense not been as good as it was today we would have been blown out.

He's not the worst QB in this league here people so let's not get crazy but he is in a funk and very inconsistent.

Which he needs to be benched.....Maybe a benching would wake his punk *** up....Plus if his shoulder is indeed keeping from putting the right velocity of the ball then he needs to sit....But its clear he isn't seeing the field right and I think Leftwich wouldn't have thrown those picks today and the Steelers would have won the game instead of gift wrapping the game for the Colts.....

scottbe
11-09-2008, 08:41 PM
I agree. Lol at his promise, but seriously leftwich at least deserves a chance I mean he is a starting qb in a backup role. If leftwich doesn't play any better after a game or two just put Ben back in.

i agree!

--- Added 11/9/2008 at 06:41 PM ---

wow your first post. lol.

Steelersfan
11-09-2008, 08:43 PM

Clearly his fault? I would have to disagree with that. Holmes and Ben were clearly not on the same page though. Who to blame is another story but I don't think it was all Bens fault.

Steel Trap86
11-09-2008, 08:44 PM
I'll bet their partying in Baltimore tonight!!!

lol so? who gives a **** about what they're doing in baltimore

Black@Gold Forever32
11-09-2008, 08:44 PM
Ya Ben threw two picks. Anyone ever think maybe the WR's can't get open on a consistent basis???? 1st pick Holmes and Ben weren't on the same page. 2nd pick almost looked like the same thing. Holmes keeps going and that isn't a pick. And how about the D stepping up for once after a turnover??? It's a team sport and I thought Ben played pretty well. I wasn't happy about the 3 straight runs on 1st and goal though. How about a little play action or something Bruce?????????????????

Bruce Arians should be shot.....So I hear you about the play action pass......I hope his *** is gone after the season......

I can't fault the defense for this one at all......They kept us in the game from little help from the offense.......Moore didn't tear up that Colts defense either......But the blame is on Ben....Comes with the territory when you're a 100 million QB......Overall yea Ben had a solid game but he is throwing INTs at the worse times.....

Steelersfan
11-09-2008, 08:49 PM
Bruce Arians should be shot.....So I hear you about the play action pass......I hope his *** is gone after the season......

I can't fault the defense for this one at all......They kept us in the game from little help from the offense.......Moore didn't tear up that Colts defense either......But the blame is on Ben....Comes with the territory when you're a 100 million QB......Overall yea Ben had a solid game but he is throwing INTs at the worse times.....

I wasn't faulting the D. Just saying it would be nice if they got a stop after a turnover for once.....lol

And there is more to it than just saying Ben threw the INT's. Not counting the one at the end, the other two were because Ben and Holmes weren't on the same page. Maybe it was Ben faults and maybe they were Holmes fault. Either way those two are suppose to be the future and best get on the same page soon.

Moore had an ok game. It was clear the Colts weren't going to make the running easy. Still Moore helped out in the passing game and had a few good runs. I don't think Parker would of made much of a difference running the ball with the way the Colts brought everyone up to defend the run.

steelerfan11
11-09-2008, 08:51 PM
Not all the blame should go on ben. His one INT was not his fault...Holmes stopped running and NEVER went for the ball!! Anyone can predict Arians play calling. He needs to go...bottom line! Also, Hines missed the one read. You have to put some of the blame this season on the WR. They haven't been making the reads they should be.

I just can't put all the blame on ben for this loss. It has to be spread out between WR, OC, OL, and Ben.

Did you notice we got NO pressure on Manning. Timmons is NOT an OLB. This just shows how much Woodley is needed on this team.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-09-2008, 08:56 PM
I wasn't faulting the D. Just saying it would be nice if they got a stop after a turnover for once.....lol

And there is more to it than just saying Ben threw the INT's. Not counting the one at the end, the other two were because Ben and Holmes weren't on the same page. Maybe it was Ben faults and maybe they were Holmes fault. Either way those two are suppose to be the future and best get on the same page soon.

Moore had an ok game. It was clear the Colts weren't going to make the running easy. Still Moore helped out in the passing game and had a few good runs. I don't think Parker would of made much of a difference running the ball with the way the Colts brought everyone up to defend the run.

Maybe if they had Woodley, McFadden then they could have stopped one of the all time QBs on a short field......I'm just saying Ben put this defense in a bind again and you can't do that against Manning.....

Moore is a good football player and I loved the signing when it happened.....But he didn't have a good game really and his forte is catching the football....Plus you can't keep on asking Moore to be the entire running game....Problem is Parker is broke down and will never be the same and Mendenhall is on IR.....I wasn't knocking Moore but just pointing out he isn't a RB that can continue to carry the load...He isn't that type of RB.....I'm not shocked he was held in check today.....The offense is a complete mess and its sickening.....

Back to Ben....All I have to say is Joe Flacco and Matt Ryan are out playing him......lol

V_83
11-09-2008, 08:58 PM
The ONLY problem I have with the D in this game was Taylor tipping the ball upwards TWICE to Wayne. I know they are always told to smack the ball down on hail marys but he definitely should have done it in these situations.

steelerfan11
11-09-2008, 09:06 PM
Back to Ben....All I have to say is Joe Flacco and Matt Ryan are out playing him......lol

Flacco and Ryan have a better OL also...

Ben didn't make the first and goal calls on the 1 or 2 whatever it was...3 run plays..NO play action.

You can't blame Ike for the tipped passes...other that he can't catch the ball. The problem I had with the D was that Manning had no pressure on him. When we beat them in 05 we knocked manning on his backside multiple times. Thats the way to beat the colts. You have to get pressure and the Steelers didn't do it, bottom line.

Steelersfan
11-09-2008, 09:07 PM
Maybe if they had Woodley, McFadden then they could have stopped one of the all time QBs on a short field......I'm just saying Ben put this defense in a bind again and you can't do that against Manning.....

Moore is a good football player and I loved the signing when it happened.....But he didn't have a good game really and his forte is catching the football....Plus you can't keep on asking Moore to be the entire running game....Problem is Parker is broke down and will never be the same and Mendenhall is on IR.....I wasn't knocking Moore but just pointing out he isn't a RB that can continue to carry the load...He isn't that type of RB.....I'm not shocked he was held in check today.....The offense is a complete mess and its sickening.....

I sure don't want Moore to be the entire running game but I am glad we have him right now. Him and Parker would make a great 1-2 punch but Willie can't stay healthy and when we have both they just run Parker into the ground.

I still question whether the INT's were all Bens fault. Holmes had some of if not as much of the blame on those as Ben.

The D played good enough to win but still, they didn't make the plays when it counted. 1st and goal at the 1 and the Colts D holds us to a FG. What did our D do really? 2 sacks? No TO's. Didn't hold when needed. Again, not saying they sucked.

Troyisabeast_43
11-09-2008, 09:16 PM

I agree Arians is an abomonation and to not even try one play pass or bootleg on the 3 first and goal plays on that 8 minute drive is just ridiculous and is cause enough in my opinion for him to be fired ASAP...

Black@Gold Forever32
11-09-2008, 09:17 PM
I sure don't want Moore to be the entire running game but I am glad we have him right now. Him and Parker would make a great 1-2 punch but Willie can't stay healthy and when we have both they just run Parker into the ground.

I still question whether the INT's were all Bens fault. Holmes had some of if not as much of the blame on those as Ben.

The D played good enough to win but still, they didn't make the plays when it counted. 1st and goal at the 1 and the Colts D holds us to a FG. What did our D do really? 2 sacks? No TO's. Didn't hold when needed. Again, not saying they sucked.

I'm glad we have Moore as well....But as the season goes on we will see more games like today from Moore then him topping 100 yards against the Bengals.....His role should be catching the ball and getting around 10 carries a game...But the injury bug has bitten our backfield so Moore has to do it all....lol

****** play calling had more to do with the Steelers offense stalling those three plays then the Colts D....Plus the Colts D was never put in crap situations by their offense....Unlike our defense....Asking the defense to stop Peyton Manning twice with only 30+ yards to score a TD is alot....Maybe if the defense wasn't put in those situations they would have came up with a play or two to stall Manning....But when you give Manning the short field that most of the time he will put it in for six.....

Ambridge
11-09-2008, 09:26 PM
Ben's Inconsistant play is really getting annoying and I was hoping that Leftwich would have got the start today......he handed the Colts 14 points with his 2 INT'S and the pick before half-time was totally INEXCUSABLE.

Ben is hurting the team more than he's helping and Tomlin needs to make some hard decisions as far as Ben and the rest of the season goes.

At this point I'd make Leftwich the starter and let "Game-Killer" Ben sit on the pine.

steelcityrockers
11-09-2008, 10:13 PM
6-3 and everything is going straight to hell! We are like the freaking Lions or Bungles!!!

/sarcasm

Now I remember why I took a sabbatical from here....

I wouldn't mind seeing been having to sit out a game because of injury (it is obviously effecting his arm strength) ut to bench him? That is ludicrous.

Troyisabeast_43
11-09-2008, 10:28 PM

I agree that these injuries are at some point have got to be affecting the play on the field in a bunch of areas. I mean Willie is out,Heath,McFadden,and now Woodley today. Those are star players and key parts of our team and you can only go so far playing without guys like that before it comes back to bite you sooner or later. And unfortunately it did today...

TEEMONT
11-09-2008, 10:41 PM
our two minute offesne is horrible!

I actually didnt think it was that bad to be honest....that holding penalty killed us....take that away and they would have been in a very good chance to win the game

TampaSteelGirl
11-09-2008, 10:48 PM
I don't understand how Ben can be so hot and cold, one game he's amazing and the next he's stinking up the joint! We needed some more no huddle offense, seems we do a great job then..I blame Arians as well, he's gotta go next year. Thank God for our Defense once again but they don't even get a chance to take a breath before they are out there again. I"m getting quite disgusted right now!!! I had to turn the game off after the last INT..sick of watching crap football! We should have killed Indy...not fair!

TEEMONT
11-09-2008, 10:52 PM
I don't understand how Ben can be so hot and cold, one game he's amazing and the next he's stinking up the joint! We needed some more no huddle offense, seems we do a great job then..I blame Arians as well, he's gotta go next year. Thank God for our Defense once again but they don't even get a chance to take a breath before they are out there again. I"m getting quite disgusted right now!!! I had to turn the game off after the last INT..sick of watching crap football! We should have killed Indy...not fair!

life isnt fair....

when was ben amazing this year?

btw until that bitch starts playing like his contract is paying him....his name doenst get capitalized....he is now little ben....

TampaSteelGirl
11-09-2008, 11:01 PM
life isnt fair....

when was ben amazing this year?

btw until that bitch starts playing like his contract is paying him....his name doenst get capitalized....he is now little ben....

Who the hell said Ben was amazing this year??? I never said that, I said we play better with the no huddle offense!

I'm pretty impressed with Moore...I feel he's playing better than Parker!

TEEMONT
11-09-2008, 11:05 PM
Who the hell said Ben was amazing this year??? I never said that, I said we play better with the no huddle offense!

I'm pretty impressed with Moore...I feel he's playing better than Parker!

one game he's amazing and the next he's stinking up

he has been consistently garbage this year.....not hot and cold....

PsychoWard
11-09-2008, 11:27 PM
It is easy to take the easy way out and blame one person that being ben! yeah he had a few bad passes that turned out bad but what about the first couple of drives??? who marched us down the field for those scores???? but if you are going to blame it on one guy don't blame it ben blame it on bruce!!!!

Koopa
11-09-2008, 11:36 PM
ben may have drove us early, but early don't mean **** if you can't finish........ben lost us this game single handedly............. the dude has reached bum status, he is ****ing stupid as ****, he's been in the league long enough that he shouldn't be making the mistakes he seems to always make........ it sucks, but he is who he is and will never get better...... he might have good games but he will always cost a few too cause he just isn't a smart football player

HUNT4SEVEN
11-09-2008, 11:42 PM
Ben is hurting us more than helping us:cursin:, I don't know why Tomlin won't rest him an couple of weeks an save him for the playoff run, if he keeps playing like this we won't make the playoffs:cursin:

bigbentohines
11-09-2008, 11:57 PM
Ben is better in the no-huddle because it takes control from that freakin idiot Arians. But then again who would actually throw a dump off on 3rd and 21 with 35 seconds and no timeouts. I am really dissapointed with the offense as a whole. It way too inconsistent.

I do love Hines Ward though, he's a stud!

Yes, Moore is playing better than Parker with his starts.

TEEMONT
11-10-2008, 12:27 AM
but he is who he is

I hereforth ban you from using that saying....you cant say it about everyone...lol

Steel Trap86
11-10-2008, 01:14 AM
6-3 and everything is going straight to hell! We are like the freaking Lions or Bungles!!!

/sarcasm

I wouldn't mind seeing been having to sit out a game because of injury (it is obviously effecting his arm strength) ut to bench him? That is ludicrous.

never........the steelers will still be a playoff team this year :cope:

TEEMONT
11-10-2008, 01:20 AM

/sarcasm

he wont sit out a game though...his ego is too big...the only way fro him to sit out and rest (and maybe cure his ego) is to bench his ***.

I didnt call for it, but how is it the O ran much more smoothly with Leftwich in there, rather than ben?

****in ben

$teelersRule
11-10-2008, 01:27 AM
big ben did not have a very good game however this loss is on BA he sucks so much i cant even watch. the whole game we did not do anything different on first down i would say we ran the same running play 95% of the time and the other 5% was a wide receiver screen. we were running the same running play when they had 9 men in the box! then we would occasionally throw the quick pass to the wide receiver with the defender playing 4 yards off of them... he is such an idiot! i honestly dont think we had a 2nd down with less than 8 yards to go the whole game. if i were tomlin i would have fired that ******** tonight :banging: if he is not gone by next year i think this team is going to really start heading down a bad path. this guy is bringing his culture of failure and losing he learned in Cleveland here to pittsburgh.

steelermoose1030
11-10-2008, 10:08 AM
I truly believe that Arians needs to go, or at least have the play calling snatched from his ridiculous a$$. I shudder every time i see that stupid bunch formation, and cant believe we are not running more counter plays. Get Ben outside the pocket with designed rollouts and help him. As it stands, Ben probably needs to sit and let his shoulder heal a bit becuz he is hurting us more than helping us.

MPYOUNG33
11-10-2008, 10:16 AM
Ben hasn't been the same since Monday June 12, 2006. That accident did more damage than most people thought.

TEEMONT
11-10-2008, 10:57 AM
Ben hasn't been the same since Monday June 12, 2006. That accident did more damage than most people thought.

your right....except for those 32 TD's he threw last year.....

BR7
11-10-2008, 10:57 AM
I actually didnt think it was that bad to be honest....that holding penalty killed us....take that away and they would have been in a very good chance to win the game

I think the Baker drop before the holding play was key as well. Although we eventually got the yardage back after Baker missed a ridiculously easy catch, we were in good position plus time on the clock had he made the catch.

Then the holding play, then sack. Game over.

I didn't think the dump off pass to Moore was all that bad of a call. The fourth down pass almost got tipped to us which would have been redemption with Ikes tip/touchdown. Yadage gained on that dump off to Moore was a big plus, because had little ben thew incomplete, there is no way in hell the fourth down pass gets even close to the endzone with his bum arm.

Can't say that last drive didn't have promise because he was dinking and dumping.. the Colts defended the deep pass. Gotta take what they give you.

Two picks giving the Colts a short field cost us dearly. But had we punched it in after three tries up the gut with Moore, we have seven wins.

It's a loss. Like the other three, we had every opportunity to win those games. Plenty of blame to go around for last nights game. It could be worse, we could be 3 - 6.

SteelersWoman
11-10-2008, 06:01 PM
This loss was not on any one player OR play. It was a bunch of things that added up.

Dean Denton
11-10-2008, 06:14 PM
your right....except for those 32 TD's he threw last year.....

Yeah I agree. He's fine there. Last year he was money all season. Even though he got sacked 96 times. I think he's starting to get gun shy back there in the pocket. Its David Carr all over again.

Troyisabeast_43
11-10-2008, 06:35 PM
I think the Baker drop before the holding play was key as well. Although we eventually got the yardage back after Baker missed a ridiculously easy catch, we were in good position plus time on the clock had he made the catch.

Then the holding play, then sack. Game over.

I didn't think the dump off pass to Moore was all that bad of a call. The fourth down pass almost got tipped to us which would have been redemption with Ikes tip/touchdown. Yadage gained on that dump off to Moore was a big plus, because had little ben thew incomplete, there is no way in hell the fourth down pass gets even close to the endzone with his bum arm.

Can't say that last drive didn't have promise because he was dinking and dumping.. the Colts defended the deep pass. Gotta take what they give you.

Two picks giving the Colts a short field cost us dearly. But had we punched it in after three tries up the gut with Moore, we have seven wins.

It's a loss. Like the other three, we had every opportunity to win those games. Plenty of blame to go around for last nights game. It could be worse, we could be 3 - 6.

Dallas Baker I think was thrown too way too much on that last drive like 3 or 4 times to be exact, and that is just too much to throw to a guy who didnt even have an NFL catch yet on the last series of a game when you're trying to drive down the field to score a game winning touchdown. I agree that if we punch it in from the 1 midway through the 4th we dont have this conversation. Blame Arians there for not trying at least one play fake or rollout of Ben. That is where not having the services of Heath Miller really cost the Steelers yesterday.

But as you said and I have been saying as well things could be worse. The Steelers are still 6-3 and in first place in the AFC North and currently the number 2 seed in the AFC. The good news is the Steelers are losing games on mistakes and INT's stuff that can be corrected. It's not as if the games we lost to the Giants and Colts they just got completely outplayed and beat on every aspect of the game. The Steelers made costly mistakes at key points in the game against 2 very good football teams and in the end it cost them bigtime. Too many games left to throw in the towel as Ive been saying. We still got the next 2 games here at home against the Chargers and Bengals while the Ravens have games at the Giants and hosting Philly. Clearly looking at that schedule there it definitely favors the Steelers over the Ravens the next 2 weeks. They just gotta put this loss against the Colts behind them and move on and get ready for the Chargers and hopefully this trend of giving games away will come to an end this Sunday against San Diego. If it does the Steelers should be able to handle the Chargers at home.

SteelerNC
11-10-2008, 06:39 PM
I cant believe the 1st page on this thread. It's one game. I bet next week when he is awesome you guys will be back on here singing his praise. Get real. GO BIG BEN!!!!

TEEMONT
11-10-2008, 06:48 PM
I cant believe the 1st page on this thread. It's one game. I bet next week when he is awesome you guys will be back on here singing his praise. Get real. GO BIG BEN!!!!

nope...i have pretty much almost always hated ben....

Steelerlyn
11-10-2008, 07:45 PM
nope...i have pretty much almost always hated ben....

how shocking.....who do you like? Never mind I really don't care

Dean Denton
11-10-2008, 07:54 PM
I cant believe the 1st page on this thread. It's one game. I bet next week when he is awesome you guys will be back on here singing his praise. Get real. GO BIG BEN!!!! I would be shocked if he playedf better next week then he did against the Colts. The Chargers have a better Def. I see this game being even more difficult, even if we win I doubt it will be because of fine play from Ben. The dude is messed up and have not played all that good all year. Looked good against the Jags, but looking back, everyone has looked good against the Jags. We actually looked the worsed against them except for the Bengals.

Dont look for our Off to shine this weekend, because what can they fix to make it happen?

Troyisabeast_43
11-10-2008, 07:58 PM
I would be shocked if he playedf better next week then he did against the Colts. The Chargers have a better Def. I see this game being even more difficult, even if we win I doubt it will be because of fine play from Ben. The dude is messed up and have not played all that good all year. Looked good against the Jags, but looking back, everyone has looked good against the Jags. We actually looked the worsed against them except for the Bengals.

Dont look for our Off to shine this weekend, because what can they fix to make it happen?

Not really the Colts are actually pretty good against the pass and the Chargers have the 32nd ranked pass defense in football. So if Ben gets time and doesnt quits throwing the ball to the other team he should have a decent game and be able to handle San Diego.

Dean Denton
11-10-2008, 08:10 PM
Not really the Colts are actually pretty good against the pass and the Chargers have the 32nd ranked pass defense in football. So if Ben gets time and doesnt quits throwing the ball to the other team he should have a decent game and be able to handle San Diego.
Hahaha, I'll believe that when I see it. Losing to the Giants and The Colts at HOME, has taken the wind right out of my sails. Ben has thrown 7 INT's in those two games, and its cost us huge. We can kiss Home field good bye because I dont see the Titans losing 3 or 4 out of the next 7 games. Or us running the table.

But wait, there is hope. We have a QB on the Bench that is looking for a job next year, and just might play the best football of his career if given the chance. Just maybe if we make a change now we can still win the AFCN.

This hurts me to type this but, I think the Ravens are a better over-all team then we are right now, and I dont see us beating them for the division.

Steelersfan
11-10-2008, 08:23 PM
Hahaha, I'll believe that when I see it. Losing to the Giants and The Colts at HOME, has taken the wind right out of my sails. Ben has thrown 7 INT's in those two games, and its cost us huge. We can kiss Home field good bye because I dont see the Titans losing 3 or 4 out of the next 7 games. Or us running the table.

But wait, there is hope. We have a QB on the Bench that is looking for a job next year, and just might play the best football of his career if given the chance. Just maybe if we make a change now we can still win the AFCN.

This hurts me to type this but, I think the Ravens are a better over-all team then we are right now, and I dont see us beating them for the division.

Dean, you need to calm down man! A little fired up after that loss?........lol

The Steelers just lost to the last two SB champs so it wasn't like they were playing crappy teams. They made some mistakes (that can be fixed!) that cost them both games but at the same time showed they can play with any team in the NFL despite the O-line and all the injuries. If the Steelers get healthy come playoff time I doubt any of the AFC teams would want to face them home or not.

MOTORKRAFT
11-10-2008, 09:23 PM
Ben has been playing bad, but he's no embarrasment. #1) Something is wrong with his long passes (I was going to say long ball:hehheh:). If he's hurt, it's not his fault he's playing.#2) If I had been sacked and hit as much as he has I'd be taking snaps from the long snapper at this point. The other team would think I was going to punt every down. I can't blame him for hearing footsteps and making bad decisions.#3) Ben played a bad game yesterday, but the play calling was pathetic and didn't help him at all. Everybody knows to run up the middle on the Colts. Well, except our coaching staff. We tried with shifty Moore, while the more powerful Russell was a kick returner. You also don't throw W.R. screen passes behind the line of scrimmage against a small fast defence. Well unless your coached by Bruce Arians.#4) For all the young Ben haters you don't want to live through an era of Cliff Stoudts, Mark Malones, Bubby Bristers, Neil O'Donnells, Mike Tomczaks, Kordell Stewarts, and finally Tommy Maddoxs.:banging: Ben is a quality Q.B. don't take him for granite. Be care what you wish for.:cope::cope::cope:

Chris
11-10-2008, 09:35 PM
Play calling sucks! Ben needs to sit a game and get his shoulder and head back into it. Three step drops and underneath passes with quick slants and screens could help and keep him clean!

JensK
11-11-2008, 03:45 AM

In that case, why do you react to the post?

Big Ben needs to sit a game or two... You can write alot, you can be a homer and so on, but the facts remain the same... Ben is loosing games for us right now. Leftwich is not

Steelersfan
11-11-2008, 09:29 AM
WOW! I have never seen so many Steeler fans want one player benched more than Ben right now. Not even when Kordell was here crying and shiat!! And it's not just here at SA either. I checked out a few "other" Steeler forums and it's the same thing. Bench Ben!

First it was the OL, then it was the OC, then it was the injuries and now it is all Ben.

The bottom line is this offense is lost right now. It is way too inconsistent and has no identity at all! Who's fault is that? I blame the coaches. We've all said it all year, the play calling has sucked!!! They are the ones who are suppose to put the players in position to win and excel. Why do they run the same 3 running plays at the goal line? Why do they pass on 3rd and 2 deep in their own end just before the half? Why do they not take shots down field when the D is stacking the line? I'm sure we all have plays that we have watched throughout the year that have made us all want to throw something through our TV's.

I don't think the coaches know what they want this offense to be. Sadly it is built to be a quick strike offense right now and can't control any game running the ball with this OL and RB's. The Steelers are not a running team any more and can't be with the way things are now so it's about time the coaches and us fans realize this and just start lighting it up! Use the speed we have with Holmes, Parker, Moore and Washington. Spread the D out and make them back off the line or pay for not backing off. Stop being so damn predictable and use the players strengths instead of trying to make them be something they are not!!!

:imho:

DIESELMAN
11-11-2008, 11:22 AM
I blame the coaches. We've all said it all year, the play calling has sucked!!! They are the ones who are suppose to put the players in position to win and excel.

Stop being so damn predictable and use the players strengths instead of trying to make them be something they are not!!!

:plus1: It all starts with coaching, like you said Dan, give the players the best chance to win with a solid game plan and halftime adjustments. Arians was given a lot of credit for Ben's success last year, thats why he still has a job this year. I really don't think Arians knows what our strengths are, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure a lot of this stuff out. I really hope Tomlin seriously re-evaluates Arians position on this team for next season. Anyone coming into Pittsburgh with any hint of Cleveland on their resume should be shown the door with a Thanks but No Thanks!!!!!

As far as Ben goes, he needs to either quit talking about what he is going to do and do it or man up and take himself out of the starting lineup, knowing he is not giving us the best chance to win right now. Leftwich showed a lot more poise in the pocket against the Skins then Ben has all year. Granted Ben is our franchise QB but for whatever reason he's not living up to expectations right now, time to regroup, settle down and start playing football with players in the lineup that give us the best chance to win. No player, no matter what his salary is, is above being benched.

Steelersfan
11-11-2008, 11:40 AM
:plus1: It all starts with coaching, like you said Dan, give the players the best chance to win with a solid game plan and halftime adjustments. Arians was given a lot of credit for Ben's success last year, thats why he still has a job this year. I really don't think Arians knows what our strengths are, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure a lot of this stuff out. I really hope Tomlin seriously re-evaluates Arians position on this team for next season. Anyone coming into Pittsburgh with any hint of Cleveland on their resume should be shown the door with a Thanks but No Thanks!!!!!

As far as Ben goes, he needs to either quit talking about what he is going to do and do it or man up and take himself out of the starting lineup, knowing he is not giving us the best chance to win right now. Leftwich showed a lot more poise in the pocket against the Skins then Ben has all year. Granted Ben is our franchise QB but for whatever reason he's not living up to expectations right now, time to regroup, settle down and start playing football with players in the lineup that give us the best chance to win. No player, no matter what his salary is, is above being benched.

From your other post Dieselman:

If Ben is not on the same page as the WR's then Tomlin needs to sit him. Like I said in the other post, if he can't practice and then come game time can't remember where the WR's are suppose to be, then he needs to sit until he can practice.

Brady Quinn
11-11-2008, 12:14 PM
BEN IS HURT AND NEEDS TO SIT SO HE CAN HEAL AND YOU CAN MAKE THE PLAYOFF RUN. IF HE IS HEALTHY THEN YOU PLAY HIM. IT IS SIMPLE START LEFTWICH FOR NOW!

NOVA STEELERS
11-11-2008, 12:18 PM
There was a quote this morning on Siruis NFL Radio: Ben Roethlisberger is a young version of Brett Favre, meaning that you have have to live with the bad that comes with all the GOOD. I always have and always will be a fan of Ben and will contiue to show him support during this rough stretch. I admit he is not playing up to the standard that we have come to love and expect, but EVERY great QB has had their struggles during their career so stop bashing and keep supporting our Franchise QB :cope: :2cents:

Brady Quinn
11-11-2008, 12:33 PM
I BLAME THE COACH FOR NOT RESTING BEN AND GETTING HIM HEALTHY. HE HAS TO HAVE THE NUTZ TO MAKE THE MOVE!

Dean Denton
11-11-2008, 12:34 PM
There was a quote this morning on Siruis NFL Radio: Ben Roethlisberger is a young version of Brett Favre, meaning that you have have to live with the bad that comes with all the GOOD. I always have and always will be a fan of Ben and will contiue to show him support during this rough stretch. I admit he is not playing up to the standard that we have come to love and expect, but EVERY great QB has had their struggles during their career so stop bashing and keep supporting our Franchise QB :cope: :2cents: But these struggles are injury related. This is not someone who is just playing bad because of a slump. Ben needs to rest, or just sit out. I know that at 70% he is still better than most QB in this league, but he seems to be alot worse off than 70%. He has played bad for over a month now, and I think its time to go another way. Only until he gets well. I like the fact that he is willing to play through the shoulder, but its costing the team. Sometimes a real leader knows when its time to step aside for the betterment of the team.

Steelers70
11-11-2008, 06:56 PM
Considering all the records Big Ben set since he started with Pittsburgh, and considering he's pretty much been at the mercy of a bad o-line, bad OC and shoulder injuries, I'd say we're damned lucky to have him play for us. He's a top 5 QB in the NFL and he's going to have off years here and there. No way am I ready to burn him at the stake because of a few bad games. No one was calling for his removal during the 6 games he won...

My father is a huge fan of the Jags and he complained non-stop about Lefty during his tenure there. I watched many of those games as a result and he was right. Lefty is NOT a top 5 QB. He's barely of starting caliber. It's my opinion that he's a top 5 backup. Much like Batch, whom incidently was a starter for detroit and a high second round draft pick in his day, Lefty was a first rounder and I'd venture to say he's not as good as Batch or just barely so. With that in mind, I'm hardly willing to swap Ben with lefty other than to rest Ben for a week.

Dean Denton
11-11-2008, 07:21 PM
Considering all the records Big Ben set since he started with Pittsburgh, and considering he's pretty much been at the mercy of a bad o-line, bad OC and shoulder injuries, I'd say we're damned lucky to have him play for us. He's a top 5 QB in the NFL and he's going to have off years here and there. No way am I ready to burn him at the stake because of a few bad games. No one was calling for his removal during the 6 games he won...

My father is a huge fan of the Jags and he complained non-stop about Lefty during his tenure there. I watched many of those games as a result and he was right. Lefty is NOT a top 5 QB. He's barely of starting caliber. It's my opinion that he's a top 5 backup. Much like Batch, whom incidently was a starter for detroit and a high second round draft pick in his day, Lefty was a first rounder and I'd venture to say he's not as good as Batch or just barely so. With that in mind, I'm hardly willing to swap Ben with lefty other than to rest Ben for a week.
I wouldn't swap Ben for Lefty either if Ben was healthy. But, right now Lefty I think gives us the best chance to win. The last 2 years in Jax Lefty was playing hurt, same as Ben is now. Lefty is healthy, and looking to start somewhere next year. No way will he be backing up Ben next season. We will get the best Lefty that has ever played. He wants a team, and a fat pay check. People get hurt, people have off years, but we signed lefty for this reason. Ben, even in his wins has not looked good the last month, and its our Def that has pulled out these games, not Ben.

Steelerlyn
11-11-2008, 07:22 PM
In that case, why do you react to the post?

Big Ben needs to sit a game or two... You can write alot, you can be a homer and so on, but the facts remain the same... Ben is loosing games for us right now. Leftwich is not

good point

TEEMONT
11-11-2008, 07:59 PM

wow...i almost missed this gem....

Steelersfan
11-11-2008, 09:03 PM
Little more info on Ben. Sounds like if he doesn't practice he might not start.

Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=5536) continues to deal with his injured right shoulder and was described as day to day. If Roethlisberger is able to practice this week, Tomlin said he likely will start Sunday.

Tomlin indicated that Roethlisberger would have to practice more this week if he's going to play, pointing out timing and cohesion issues in the Colts game.

"It's important that you practice and get physical reps," Tomlin said. "One of the things we've been dealing with in regards to his situation is a little short-term misery, if you will."

Tomlin applauded Roethlisberger for taking accountability for the defeat against Indianapolis and hinted that the blame for the interceptions could also fall partly on intended receiver Santonio Holmes (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=9611). But the coach did not completely absolve his quarterback, who has thrown more interceptions (11) than touchdowns (10) this season.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3696317

DIESELMAN
11-11-2008, 09:19 PM
Little more info on Ben. Sounds like if he doesn't practice he might not start.
I was reading something on this earlier. Pay close attention to Thursday and Friday practice, if Ben misses one or both, the coaching staff is thinking about putting Leftwich in to start.

Axeman
11-12-2008, 09:49 AM
ok, this post may be a bit late but.......................IMO it is all of Ben's and Tomlin's fault that the Steelers lost to the Colts. for one Ben's hurt and Ben is greedy and still plays when he can rest his arm for 2-3 games, get healthy and come back for the Playoff run. Tomlin should have a pair and sit Ben down, but NO, he has to be a dumbass and put Ben out there to get hurt some more and make mistakes "trying to make a play". last year Ben had 32 td's and 11 int's. this year he has 10 td's and 11 int's.

Leftwich is more than capable of running this team for a few weeks, he proved to be a decent QB at Jacksonville (before his injury's) and now that he is 100% healthy again I see no reason he couldn't perform in Pittsburgh like he did there. hell, so far this year he has gone 14 of 24 223 yd's 2 td's 0 int's and a 117.2 rating. the defense will keep Pittsburgh in games all year and Leftwich can't do any worse than Ben right now.

Richmond Rukus
11-12-2008, 10:15 AM
ok, this post may be a bit late but.......................IMO it is all of Ben's and Tomlin's fault that the Steelers lost to the Colts. for one Ben's hurt and Ben is greedy and still plays when he can rest his arm for 2-3 games, get healthy and come back for the Playoff run. Tomlin should have a pair and sit Ben down, but NO, he has to be a dumbass and put Ben out there to get hurt some more and make mistakes "trying to make a play". last year Ben had 32 td's and 11 int's. this year he has 10 td's and 11 int's.

Leftwich is more than capable of running this team for a few weeks, he proved to be a decent QB at Jacksonville (before his injury's) and now that he is 100% healthy again I see no reason he couldn't perform in Pittsburgh like he did there. hell, so far this year he has gone 14 of 24 223 yd's 2 td's 0 int's and a 117.2 rating. the defense will keep Pittsburgh in games all year and Leftwich can't do any worse than Ben right now.

I agree with much of what you said except, Ben is a competitor, and I don't expect him to sit down voluntarily. Tomlin needs to know when his QB is ailing injuries to the point of hurting his team, and it is his responsibility to pull him if need be. The biggest jack *** in this entire debacle is Bruce Arians. Let me see, my QB has a noodle for a shoulder, so the game plan is to throw the ball over 40 times. If you or I were injured, and were hit repeatedly by 300+ pound men, we wouldn't be able to **** straight, let alone be expected to throw a ball 30+ times a game.

I would like to get Parker back, and utilize both Parker and Moore in the running game, and Moore in the short passing game. We do not need to be throwing the ball 40+ times a game right now. Ben isn't healthy enough, we don't have the pass protection, Leftwich probably isn't capable of running a one dimensional offense, and damnit, I miss smash mouth Steelers football.

DBR96A
11-12-2008, 01:19 PM
Ben is like the coworker who comes to work even whenever they have a raging flu, and inevitably makes everybody else at the workplace sick. To such a person, calling in sick would be "irresponsible," when the truth is, making everybody else sick at work is what's really irresponsible. Sometimes, it's just not worth trying to be everybody's hero. This is one of those times. Byron Leftwich needs to start for the remainder of the month.

SteelD43
11-12-2008, 05:41 PM
This is nothing new, everytime he goes into a game trying to tough out an injury he looks so sloppy its hard to watch (i.e. The shutout in Jax). What I don't get is how Tomlin can let him give the game away when your back up proved he can handle the pressure just last week!

memphissteelergirl
11-12-2008, 06:06 PM
So does anyone have any news? Did Ben practice today?

Steelersfan
11-12-2008, 06:09 PM
PITTSBURGH -- Steelers (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=pit) coach Mike Tomlin provided the hint, and quarterback Ben Roethlisberger (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=5536) got the message.
After missing significant practice time the past two weeks, Roethlisberger practiced with the Steelers (6-3) Wednesday despite his sprained right shoulder.
Participating with the team Wednesday has Roethlisberger optimistic that he will play Sunday against the San Diego Chargers (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=sdg) (4-5).
"Oh yeah, I'm practicing," he said. "I'm going to practice today and every day, unless something happens. It always helps when you're actually out there doing stuff and guys can hear your voice and see the ball come out of your hands. So I think it will help a lot."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3698466

Brady Quinn
11-12-2008, 06:48 PM
I AM NOT SURE PRACTICE WILL HELP HIS SHOULDER. HE IS HURTING HIMSELF AND THE TEAM

BlitzburghRockCity
11-12-2008, 06:58 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3698466

Well duh, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know you need to practice with your team when you're in a skill position like that Ben. I don't care if you're Joe Montana, Terry Bradshaw or some rookie off the street you need to continually practice with your guys to get that timing down for game day. Ben hasn't practiced a full week since the first month of the season I bet and it's showing. Arron Smith is one thing, he can go without practice periodically and still be productive but Ben needs the work with all his weapons.

Ambridge
11-12-2008, 07:15 PM
I'm sorry but Ben practicing while injured doesn't mean a hill of beans.
He's struggling, he's under performing and he needs to sit and heal-up for a game or two.

Tomlin needs to stop being stubborn and put Leftwich in.
Ben needs to be on a very short leash and if he starts out playing rough this Sunday he should be yanked right away.

Axeman
11-13-2008, 09:27 AM
I agree with much of what you said except, Ben is a competitor, and I don't expect him to sit down voluntarily. Tomlin needs to know when his QB is ailing injuries to the point of hurting his team, and it is his responsibility to pull him if need be. The biggest jack *** in this entire debacle is Bruce Arians. Let me see, my QB has a noodle for a shoulder, so the game plan is to throw the ball over 40 times. If you or I were injured, and were hit repeatedly by 300+ pound men, we wouldn't be able to **** straight, let alone be expected to throw a ball 30+ times a game.

I would like to get Parker back, and utilize both Parker and Moore in the running game, and Moore in the short passing game. We do not need to be throwing the ball 40+ times a game right now. Ben isn't healthy enough, we don't have the pass protection, Leftwich probably isn't capable of running a one dimensional offense, and damnit, I miss smash mouth Steelers football.

you sir are right, Ben is a competitor and he won't sit himself when hurt or hurting and thats why he is a greedy player. he is not thinking about the team when he is playin hurt cause he is only hurting the team that way. Arians is a complete Jackass, he does need to run a 2 back set and quit throwing the ball so damn much.

Imagine Willie and Moore in the same backfield, Imagine what the defenses are thinking when they are playin with those two on the field together for the most part of the game. they would have to take guys off the WR's just to cover the both of them. that would open up Hines, Holmes and Washington more and more.

BLEIER20
11-13-2008, 01:51 PM
Just going to comment on this thread and where the blame is after watching the game last week and the prior weeks of Steeler football!

The weakness is in the OFFENSIVE LINE! When a quarterback DOES NOT have the time to set up, drop back step into the pocket and the pocket collapses around your quarterback, it isn't the fault of your QB. Your QB is either rushed, pressure put on, or flushed out of the pocket, by lack of pass blocking by the line! This is Simple! Fans shouldn't be so quick to place blame on Ben. If it takes a reciever, and this would be without any interference on a play, let's say 4.5 seconds to run 40 yds down field and get open, what do you think is happening to the quarterback in 4.5 seconds.........QB under center, a 4 step drop back, look for his target, a two step forward into the pocket, and throw the ball to his reciever! Pretty good picture, that would be perfect football! But not everything is perfect in football. Now think about his in Ben's situation under center, if the line isn't doing there job, the pocket collapses, and he is either rushed, or sacked, this causes him to throw the ball away or another INT. But I will say this...........there is 11 guys on the field, they should play and execute as a team and things will go well, but if only part of the O-Line does there job, it'll be a long day of football for our beloved STILLERS!

Dean Denton
11-13-2008, 02:23 PM
Also look at how many times Ben was given a high snap when he was in Shoot-gun. It looked like everytime that ball came out high, and that sheds of time when trying to look down field. That one second it takes to adjust for the ball is a second wasted when you talk about needing just one more second in the pocket.

BLEIER20
11-13-2008, 02:42 PM
Exactly! So now that his time after the snap has been decreased by a bad snap, which the center is part of the Offensive line, he is also at fault!

When things go right, Ben is one of the best qb's in the league, top 5 at best! But with the concerns on the front line, he's going no where! Maybe we should try the Deffensive Line man out on the Offense and see what happens on a series of downs? LMAO!