PDA

View Full Version : Everything is fine in the "Steeler Nation"

Gettysburgh_Steel
11-07-2008, 10:49 PM
Whats up steeler brothers and sisters? Just thought i might hit the keyboard a little,and pound out some of my thoughts.
Number one. I do not think that Willie Parker for one minute could not play if we needed him to.
Number two. I miss Sep. in our punting attack.
Number three. I think Mr. mike has done an excellent job of making sure he has players that can step in and not miss one beat of where our team wants to be.
Number four. Dick and his defense are showing all,that we are a team to be not taken lightly. We could easily be 7 and 1,instead of 6 and 2.
I love the way Mike plays the media,and runs his first team as a head coach. I will let up now,but there is a lot more to be said about the way Mike is making his statement.
I think the Colts are into some trouble,where they would rather not be.
Just a few thoughts.:tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02:

steelerschick1220
11-07-2008, 11:02 PM
I enjoy listening to Tomlin chat with the media. He is so postive and full of team spirit. I love that about him!!!!!

And aside from the fact that we kept getting bogus fines called weekly on one of our players, yep, everything is fine.

Gettysburgh_Steel
11-07-2008, 11:10 PM
I love the fact that he never tells the media what they want to hear!!!!!I am sure they get very frustrated with coach Tomlin. Lets move on to the next question please.:tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02:

yinzer
11-08-2008, 12:12 AM
i just hope our offense can get a rhythm going against the dolts. ben WILL play and MEMO should do fine. i just wonder how indy is going to attack our D...

BlitzburghRockCity
11-08-2008, 01:42 AM
The jury is still out on Tomlin right now mainly because he continues to allow Arians to call these absurd game plans that continue to get Ben killed, not play to our strengths as an offense and not utilize all the weapons we have.

lloydfan4life
11-08-2008, 07:26 AM
The jury is still out on Tomlin right now mainly because he continues to allow Arians to call these absurd game plans that continue to get Ben killed, not play to our strengths as an offense and not utilize all the weapons we have.

Agreed! :yellowthumb:
Tomlin can go a long way in the eyes of Steeler Nation by rectifying the train wreck that is our offense come the off-season and the draft! IMO that starts with getting rid of Arians & Zierlein!

steelerschick1220
11-08-2008, 11:03 AM
I like Tomlin. However, my adortion of him would go up tenfold if the first thing he were to do after the season is fire that bum Arians. Arains need to go and I hope Tomlin knows this.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-08-2008, 11:50 AM

Ben is getting himself killed at times......He doesn't dump the ball off to his check downs enough......Which leads me to believe he isn't right mentally.....I think all the hits are starting to effect him greatly.....Ben vowed he will play better so I'm anxious to see how he performs on Sunday.....

BlitzburghRockCity
11-08-2008, 11:55 AM
No doubt it's not all the play calling that is getting Ben called but it sure as hell isn't helping either. This offense is not on the same page at all. Just about everybody on this unit is underachieving and not playing together. If it doesn't get fixed we're going to have a 100 million dollar bench warmer and an offense that can't do anything but go 3 and out the rest of the year.

Something has to give and eventually we're going to have to see it; Ben isn't going to change his style of play he's always been this way but he's going to have to alter it a bit if Tomlin and Arians don't start calling a more up tempo, quicker offense.

Iron City South
11-08-2008, 06:30 PM
Arians is ruining Ben ....

DIESELMAN
11-08-2008, 09:04 PM
A little piece from Ben's interview with SteelCityInsider.com

I’m not going to talk about my shoulder or thumb any more. We can talk about the game or nothing.
Anything good?
I think we’ve got a good game plan. I think we’re ready. We’re 6-2. That’s the best thing about everything. On offense we haven’t played our best football, not even close.
Why are we going to see a better offense? Are you going to change some things?
No we’re not going to change anything. I have played sub-par football to date and it’s time for that to change and it will change. As my performance changes, you’ll see some changes in the offense because we’ll be clicking more. You’ll see more completions and things will happen nice.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-08-2008, 10:15 PM
Great so the offensive game plan will continue to be "offensive" that's just wonderful. More of the run on 1st down, get blitzed on 2nd down and blitzed on 3rd down. Can't wait for the 3 and outs to continue :cursin:

If Arians isn't going to adjust the game plan then Ben is going to have to suck it up and keep his head on a swivel even more since we know the Tackles can't block anybody.

Stlrs4Life
11-09-2008, 08:29 AM
Exactly TG,.