PDA

View Full Version : The NFL's Latest Victim: Woodley fined for sack of 'Skins quarterback

AZ_Steeler
11-07-2008, 04:41 PM
Link to story... (http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08312/926220-66.stm?cmpid=steelers.xml)

Linebacker LaMarr Woodley is the latest player to get fined by the NFL. Woodley was reportedly docked $10,000 for his sack of Redskins quarterback Jason Campbell, who was thrown to the ground and banged his head on the turf during the tackle.

"I can't believe it," said teammate James Farrior when discussing the latest player to be fined by the NFL. "It's getting worse and worse. We're not able to do the things required of playing the game. I guess throwing a guy down is intimidating or something."

When the spate of fines against the Steelers began, defensive back Troy Polamalu said the NFL was becoming a "pansy" league because of fines leveled for plays on which no penalty was called. There was no foul called on Woodley during the nationally televised game.
This is getting ridiculous... Just ;et them play the game!!!!

BlitzburghNation
11-07-2008, 04:43 PM
Makes you really wonder,how much fine money really goes to charity,,,,,:thinking:

Silverback 92
11-07-2008, 04:51 PM
this is getting crazy with all these dumb azz fines

Richmond Rukus
11-07-2008, 04:57 PM
Roger Goodell needs to be shown the door.

Troyisabeast_43
11-07-2008, 04:58 PM
I really do think that the NFL and the league is out to get the Steelers. I mean how else do you explain Woodley getting fined for that sack when it wasnt even a penalty. I am very afraid that this is going to cost the Steelers a game in the playoffs or something if this doesnt stop...

BlitzburghNation
11-07-2008, 05:01 PM
Guess they need to change Football to Flag football and put a huge sign on QB's saying Fragile,"handle with care" may break your wallet :popcorn:

HUNT4SEVEN
11-07-2008, 05:25 PM
:cursin:this is getting old:cursin: why don't they just put flags on the quarter:cursin: back:cursin::rant2: this is an contact sport right:thinking: that dick head goodell needs to be fired:rant2::cursin::cursin: man the N.F.L is getting as bad as the N.B.A:cursin: with these stupid calls:cursin::2cents:

Dean Denton
11-07-2008, 05:29 PM
I told my dad that was one that would get fined, and the other was the double hit on the QB knees.
Come on, did you really think there would be NO fine for that double pile driver? I know the whistle didn't blow, but still. You cant do that.
Do any of you remember the 2006 game against the Bengals that we lost at home? Hines Ward got flagged for the same thing, and I think he got flagged for it twice.
You can blame the ref for not blowing the whistle on this one before the WWE like move took place, but either way I think we all saw it coming after we watched his head bounce like a football of the ground. I'm shocked there isn't one for the knee shot yet.

yinzer
11-07-2008, 05:32 PM
I told my dad that was one that would get fined, and the other was the double hit on the QB knees.
Come on, did you really think there would be NO fine for that double pile driver? I know the whistle didn't blow, but still. You cant do that.
Do any of you remember the 2006 game against the Bengals that we lost at home? Hines Ward got flagged for the same thing, and I think he got flagged for it twice.
You can blame the ref for not blowing the whistle on this one before the WWE like move took place, but either way I think we all saw it coming after we watched his head bounce like a football of the ground. I'm shocked there isn't one for the knee shot yet.

i remember harrison did the same thing to ocho stinko a couple years ago. one of the best suplexes i've ever seen!

TEEMONT
11-07-2008, 05:37 PM
This is hilarious. Jansen tried to cut Woodley on that play, and we all know what can happen when people get cut blocked.

Goodell is a ****ing bitch, he's gonna turn this game into soccer. God dammit i hate him.

Dean Denton
11-07-2008, 05:57 PM
It would be nice if they made the QB wear flags. That way it would be less confusing.

LatrobePA
11-07-2008, 06:07 PM
I heard Mike T was just fined for wiping front to back instead of back to front! Goodell was floating in the toilet (with the other turds) and caught it first hand!!

WHAT AN F'N JOKE!!!

Ambridge
11-07-2008, 06:24 PM
It would be nice if they made the QB wear flags. That way it would be less confusing.

I agree!!
The league and "Idiot Goodell" is so bent and commited on putting a protective bubble around the QB it's sickening.....so just go ahead and make red jerseys and velcro flags part of Gameday gear for NFL Quarterbacks.

DIESELMAN
11-07-2008, 06:34 PM
So when does the NFLPA step in to address this? Anyone saying the Steelers aren't being singled out is full of crap, it seems like every week, one of our players is getting hit with a fine.

Dee Mca
11-07-2008, 07:14 PM
Of course we going to be singled out. We have the best defense in the league and a Def Cord that likes to blitz and expects his players make the Qb eat dirt. Just 10 grand Woodley going to write off on his taxes. Just better hope goodell doesnt bust out the Orange jerseys for the Qb's to wear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
11-07-2008, 07:33 PM
Tagliabue would have never taken it this far, this is such a bunch of ****. These players are paid to sack the QB, paid to hit! Goddell is a complete moron and has no clue how to run this league..this ain't pee wee ****in football here!

BlackGold4vr
11-07-2008, 08:04 PM
I heard Mike T was just fined for wiping front to back instead of back to front! Goodell was floating in the toilet (with the other turds) and caught it first hand!!

That is some funny shiat right there, I don't care what anyone says!

:poopfan:

:haha:

:rofl:

igor0190
11-07-2008, 08:11 PM
Sunday will be interesting if the Steelers get to the poster boy of the NFL. I have a feeling Harrison would take the chance to lay the most violent hit possible on manning. Then se what the league thinks. That is total BS that Woodley would get fined for that.

LatrobePA
11-07-2008, 08:28 PM
That is some funny shiat right there, I don't care what anyone says!

:poopfan:

:haha:

:rofl:

LOL.....

Steel Trap86
11-07-2008, 08:36 PM
I really do think that the NFL and the league is out to get the Steelers. I mean how else do you explain Woodley getting fined for that sack when it wasnt even a penalty. I am very afraid that this is going to cost the Steelers a game in the playoffs or something if this doesnt stop...

ya it makes you think why the hell they fine you 10 grand or 20 grand and its not even called a penalty on the field!! i've always kind of felt the steelers and the raiders were some what hated through the NFL for some reason, I don't know why. All this **** just backs it up. The only other people that got fined from my knowledge is Justin Tuck and Plax of the Giants. I dont see it really happening all over the league.

steelerschick1220
11-07-2008, 09:33 PM
Complete and total BS!!!!!!!! Goodell is an IDIOT. I guess the defensive players should just put the brakes on whenever they get into the vicinity of even breathing on the QB. What a joke. One of our players getting a ridiculous fine is starting to turn into a weekly ritual.

Stairwayto7
11-07-2008, 09:37 PM
This is hilarious. Jansen tried to cut Woodley on that play, and we all know what can happen when people get cut blocked.

Goodell is a ****ing bitch, he's gonna turn this game into soccer. God dammit i hate him.

110% agree

Koopa
11-08-2008, 12:18 AM
i wish a few star players would retire and say **** these pussy *** faggots running the league

or i wish every player in the league would get together and come out wearing flags around their waist a play a whole game of flag football to show what goddell is turning this league into

SteelerNC
11-08-2008, 12:55 AM
BULL$hit

blackngold29
11-08-2008, 01:38 AM
My mouth literally dropped open when I saw this, the hit was even cleaner than the other ones (though all were legal). I hope the media jumps on the NFL for this, but they probably won't. According to the AP the reason for the fining: "Campbell banged his head on the turf when hit." How in the hell could Woodley have prevented that?

Captcoolhand
11-08-2008, 06:03 AM
At this rate, they should just give them there new uniforms now.........:evilshake: :evilshake: :evilshake:

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/8062/45340tycxwdf6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

lloydfan4life
11-08-2008, 06:57 AM
Dear Mr. Douchebag Commissioner,

:doublefinger::bigfinger::doublefinger::bigfinger: :doublefinger::bigfinger::doublefinger::bigfinger: :doublefinger::bigfinger::doublefinger::bigfinger: :doublefinger::bigfinger:
:bigfinger::doublefinger::bigfinger::doublefinger: :bigfinger::doublefinger::bigfinger::doublefinger: :bigfinger::doublefinger::bigfinger::doublefinger: :bigfinger::doublefinger::bigfinger:
:doublefinger::bigfinger::doublefinger::bigfinger: :doublefinger::bigfinger::doublefinger::bigfinger: :doublefinger::bigfinger::doublefinger::bigfinger: :doublefinger::bigfinger:
:bigfinger::doublefinger::bigfinger::doublefinger: :bigfinger::doublefinger::bigfinger::doublefinger:

Sincerely,
Steeler Nation

SteelerNC
11-08-2008, 08:45 AM
This is getting so crazy

vidaliasteelerfan
11-08-2008, 09:18 AM
clearly atching the play everyone with any commonsense would realize he was not leading with the head!!!

NOVA STEELERS
11-08-2008, 10:13 AM
I guess Snyder was doing some of this :whatever: to the commish while they were sharing the luxary box together :OA02:

lloydfan4life
11-08-2008, 05:31 PM
I guess Snyder was doing some of this :whatever: to the commish while they were sharing the luxary box together :OA02:

Yeah, I noticed him schmoozing up to Snyder in the press box during the game also. Then the jacka$$ turns around and fines Woodley for putting a helluva great hit on Campbell.... which wasn't illegal AND did NOT draw a penalty flag. :cursin:

Talk about a conflict of interest!! :yesnod:

If only one could lose their job, and it was my choice, it would be a very difficult one, but I'd choose Roger Gotohell over Ariens!! He started by handling SpyGate very poorly and I lost any respect for him I may have had.... he continues to dig his hole deeper and deeper in my eyes.

Prosdo
11-09-2008, 07:13 AM
This is getting completely ridiculous. Is this even football anymore?

BlitzburghRockCity
11-09-2008, 01:04 PM
Somebody needs to impeach Goodell or something; I can't even stand looking at the guy anymore because of what he's doing to this league :cursin:

I hope Wood and Harrison have a kick *** game and put Manning on the turf so many times he gets to know it on a first name basis!