PDA

View Full Version : **UPDATE** Parker will not play Sunday against the Colts

Steelersfan
11-06-2008, 09:54 PM
PITTSBURGH -- Willie Parker (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=5880) is back on the Pittsburgh Steelers (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=pit)' injury list.
Parker missed practice for the second day in a row Thursday because of a shoulder injury -- not the sprained knee that kept him out of four games -- and the running back's status for Sunday's game against Indianapolis is uncertain. The Steelers' final practice of the week is Friday.
Parker, who rushed for at least 1,200 yards in each of the last three seasons, returned from his knee injury layoff to rush for 71 yards and a touchdown in a 23-6 victory over the Redskins on Monday night. Parker hadn't played since hurting his knee Sept. 21 against Philadelphia.

Link (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3687088)

Anyone heard anything else about his status?

steelerschick1220
11-06-2008, 09:58 PM
Oh good God. He has become as fragile as a teacup.

DIESELMAN
11-06-2008, 10:13 PM
Look for Moore to start against the Colts.....

Zachintosh66
11-06-2008, 10:17 PM
Someone call Troy... Cam Willie borrow his "Bum" tag?

BlitzburghRockCity
11-06-2008, 10:46 PM
I would think the PG and Trib will have something tonight when they update their sites with the days news.

Man if this is true this dude is going to kill us, just when he gets back he gets hurt again. Moore can do a great job for us but damn we can't run him into the ground either.

floodcitygirl
11-06-2008, 10:48 PM
Stating the obvious but...I was really hoping to see Willie back again on Sunday. We need him back and healthy.

BlacknGold Bleeder
11-06-2008, 10:51 PM
heard 'em talking bout this on radio all day but no one had any details, other than shoulder injury

steelerschick1220
11-06-2008, 11:09 PM
Dang...the Colts have a horrid run D. I was really lloking forward to seeing Willie shred it.

Steelersfan
11-06-2008, 11:12 PM
Dang...the Colts have a horrid run D. I was really lloking forward to seeing Willie shred it.

Not to get back on this topic but there is no reason Moore can't do it. Would be nice to have Parker too but I still think the Steelers will be fine running the ball if he is out.

DIESELMAN
11-06-2008, 11:21 PM
The Colts have Sanders back also, that bumps up there run D a whole lot

MOTORKRAFT
11-06-2008, 11:26 PM
If Willie shows up on the sidelines in sweats he's outta here. Just kidding:nahnah:, I say rest Ben, rest Willie, rest anyone that needs rest. If we can win without them, let them sit for now. I would rather slip into the playoffs healthy than rush in all banged up and loose because of it.:stirpot: We will play the Titans twice this year. Mark it down. I'm looking forward to the second time myself.:cope:

BlitzburghRockCity
11-06-2008, 11:32 PM
Moore has proven himself more than capable of handling the load, and if Russel gets more work he can do pretty well too. Im just concerned with Moore getting run down and beat to death before the playoffs get here if we make it in. We need Willie and Mewelde both to make this offense as productive as possible.

Gettysburgh_Steel
11-07-2008, 12:23 AM
I have not heard any of this,but if he wants to take a rest,which i do not think is the case ,well then so be it. It's not like we have been losing without him in there. I love the added pressure he puts on the defense when he is in there,and i also love the idea that all of our assets will be in good shape when we roll into the play-offs. We have many hurt people on our team now. Why not let the other "could be starters on most teams" make thier contributions, and have a chance to show how deep we are in tallent. If he isn't a hundred percent,let him have the day off. That means more of a chance that he will be there down the stretch when we will want and need his ability. That goes for Ben too!:tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02:

Mike Tomlin
11-07-2008, 01:11 AM
There goes them damn wheels again :evilshake:

seth_westover
11-07-2008, 03:14 AM
willie is out for the game against the colts! just saw it on espn's bottom line! this sucks! but moore should be able to do a good job! true the colts have sanders back! if we hope to win this game we gotta be able to run the ball to protect ben or byron! freeney and mathis are great pass rushers! we should win this game no problem! but on any given sunday!

AZ_Steeler
11-07-2008, 03:34 AM
Boo hoo hoo... I'm so depressed FWP is hurt... I so want him to start... what will the Steelers ever do now...

Parker is out this Sunday! (http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08312/926117-66.stm?cmpid=steelers.xml)

He is expected to miss only one game and will be replaced by Mewelde Moore, who averaged 101 yards rushing and scored four touchdowns in three previous starts. Moore had three big catches for 45 yards against the Redskins.

Steelersfan
11-07-2008, 08:16 AM
Boo hoo hoo... I'm so depressed FWP is hurt... I so want him to start... what will the Steelers ever do now...

Parker is out this Sunday! (http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08312/926117-66.stm?cmpid=steelers.xml)

Trouble maker.........lol

The Steelers should be fine. The Colts won't be able to stack the line to stop the run with Moore in there because he should be able to release and be open for some pass plays if they do.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-07-2008, 08:19 AM
Man this guy just cannot catch a break, comon Willie get healthy man! Atleast it's only 1 game right now :nonod:

ejsteeler
11-07-2008, 09:53 AM
If Willie shows up on the sidelines in sweats he's outta here. Just kidding:nahnah:, I say rest Ben, rest Willie, rest anyone that needs rest. If we can win without them, let them sit for now. I would rather slip into the playoffs healthy than rush in all banged up and loose because of it.:stirpot: We will play the Titans twice this year. Mark it down. I'm looking forward to the second time myself.:cope:

:ditto:
Our back up's have shown they can compete. The coaching staff needs to be looking at the big picture, which is always the SB. Get them healthy, or as healthy as possible, now. :yesnod:

LatrobePA
11-07-2008, 09:59 AM
"make no mistakes" Willie is now past his prime it shows, he played scared and is now hurt again! Get him healthy then trade him! Mendie and Moore, pick up a late rounder in the spring call it a day!!

steelerschick1220
11-07-2008, 11:46 AM
Man, I really wanted Willie to play. I know Moore will do a good job, but I really think it opens our offense up when we have both of them playing. Poor Willie. I hope he gets better soon.

Dean Denton
11-07-2008, 12:48 PM
"make no mistakes" Willie is now past his prime it shows, he played scared and is now hurt again! Get him healthy then trade him! Mendie and Moore, pick up a late rounder in the spring call it a day!! Trade him for who? I hope your not putting all your eggs in to the Jiggleballs basket. That guy is soft, and he got hit about as hard in the shoulder has Ben did, and he was out for the Season. Moore is no Westbrook and I doubt he could post high for 16 games. True Willie could be finished, but I'm not ready to chuck him out the window just yet.

However, Willie did look like he was running scared the other day. Glad I wasn't the only one that saw that. Maybe its because Shawn Alexander rubbed off on him because they were both at the game...I dont know...

ejsteeler
11-07-2008, 12:52 PM
Well, I don't think it is unusual to be tentative after an injury, especially a knee injury. I think he will bounce back. We will not get rid of him though, so I wouldn't get yourselves too worried about it. :yesnod:

LatrobePA
11-07-2008, 12:59 PM
I know it's crazy talk and it'll never happen, but trade for some O-lineman...

Willie, I used to love ya man, but damn you are soft like sponge man!!

AZ_Steeler
11-07-2008, 01:08 PM
Looks like Moore will take back the title of leading rusher for the team :D He will more than likely add enough yards that it will take Willie at least 35-40 carries to catch him this time... especially with that 3.8 YPC FWP is putting up :bigthumb: We should think about calling FWP SWP now... Soft Willie Parker :evillaugh:

LatrobePA
11-07-2008, 01:24 PM
Looks like Moore will take back the title of leading rusher for the team :D He will more than likely add enough yards that it will take Willie at least 35-40 carries to catch him this time... especially with that 3.8 YPC FWP is putting up :bigthumb: We should think about calling FWP SWP now... Soft Willie Parker :evillaugh:

SWP, I like it man.....He can also change his # to 37!!

I honestly don't think he'll ever be back to 100%, not just this season, but from here on out....

Dean Denton
11-07-2008, 01:30 PM
SWP, I like it man.....He can also change his # to 37!!

I honestly don't think he'll ever be back to 100%, not just this season, but from here on out.... I think Mendenhal already has dibbs on that name.....Or we could just call him MR. Glass.

LatrobePA
11-07-2008, 01:33 PM
I think Mendenhal already has dibbs on that name.....Or we could just call him MR. Glass.

Glassman!!

Man, we are screwed!! LOL

Dean Denton
11-07-2008, 01:36 PM
Glassman!!

Man, we are screwed!! LOL Glassman!!! Is that what we are calling Mendenhal? I like Jiggleballs better, but if its Glassman, thats fine too.

K Train
11-07-2008, 02:29 PM
Trade him for who? I hope your not putting all your eggs in to the Jiggleballs basket. That guy is soft, and he got hit about as hard in the shoulder has Ben did, and he was out for the Season. Moore is no Westbrook and I doubt he could post high for 16 games. True Willie could be finished, but I'm not ready to chuck him out the window just yet.

However, Willie did look like he was running scared the other day. Glad I wasn't the only one that saw that. Maybe its because Shawn Alexander rubbed off on him because they were both at the game...I dont know...

mendenhall is not soft, when a bone breaks in your shoulder it doesnt mean your soft, he was running hard that day and it was a freak injury...you just wait and see all you clowns were saying how much you hated the timmons pick lat year because he was hurt most of the year and just like that hes a big factor in our defense...mendenhall is gonna be the same kind of situation.

willie isnt "done" but hes definitely become injury prone which was never him before so it doesnt look good especially for the rest of the year. moore will **** the colt up im not really worried about that

Dean Denton
11-07-2008, 02:43 PM
mendenhall is not soft, when a bone breaks in your shoulder it doesnt mean your soft, he was running hard that day and it was a freak injury...you just wait and see all you clowns were saying how much you hated the timmons pick lat year because he was hurt most of the year and just like that hes a big factor in our defense...mendenhall is gonna be the same kind of situation.

willie isnt "done" but hes definitely become injury prone which was never him before so it doesnt look good especially for the rest of the year. moore will **** the colt up im not really worried about that I didn't think it was that big of a hit. Ray has decked Ward and Parker alot harder than that, and I dont remember any of their bones snapping like twiggs. I think he's soft because I think this kind of thing will happen again and again. I can see him laying down like Shawn Alexander everytime we play the Ravens now.
One good thing about a broken bone though, it will be tougher to break that one again, so there is hope for him. But I'm sure Ray knows this and will be looking for the other shoulder next year.

K Train
11-07-2008, 03:00 PM
I didn't think it was that big of a hit. Ray has decked Ward and Parker alot harder than that, and I dont remember any of their bones snapping like twiggs. I think he's soft because I think this kind of thing will happen again and again. I can see him laying down like Shawn Alexander everytime we play the Ravens now.
One good thing about a broken bone though, it will be tougher to break that one again, so there is hope for him. But I'm sure Ray knows this and will be looking for the other shoulder next year.

oh he'll lay down against the ravens run defense that hasnt allowed a 100 yard rusher in 28 games now? oh thats a good guess, willie has made a career of laying down against them, im pretty sure in all his starts combined he hasnt got 100 yards total yet. inuries happen, it sucks it had to happen in his first start but its not the first time something like this has happened....he wasnt a first round pick for no reason i promise

ejsteeler
11-07-2008, 03:23 PM
oh he'll lay down against the ravens run defense that hasnt allowed a 100 yard rusher in 28 games now? oh thats a good guess, willie has made a career of laying down against them, im pretty sure in all his starts combined he hasnt got 100 yards total yet. inuries happen, it sucks it had to happen in his first start but its not the first time something like this has happened....he wasnt a first round pick for no reason i promise

I hear ya, but just because he was a 1st round pick doesn't mean he will automatically be a star. There are plenty of examples of that....

Dean Denton
11-07-2008, 03:48 PM
oh he'll lay down against the ravens run defense that hasnt allowed a 100 yard rusher in 28 games now? oh thats a good guess, willie has made a career of laying down against them, im pretty sure in all his starts combined he hasnt got 100 yards total yet. inuries happen, it sucks it had to happen in his first start but its not the first time something like this has happened....he wasnt a first round pick for no reason i promise I feel ya, and I'm just kinda bustin your balls a little. I think He will be great. I just think willie gets to much shiat, and not enough respect. He has far exceeded any expectation from the team the nfl or the world in sports. He's been tough, and productive for us the entire time he has played. And for the record Willie has gained 101 yards total against the Ravens....lol

K Train
11-07-2008, 04:15 PM
I feel ya, and I'm just kinda bustin your balls a little. I think He will be great. I just think willie gets to much shiat, and not enough respect. He has far exceeded any expectation from the team the nfl or the world in sports. He's been tough, and productive for us the entire time he has played. And for the record Willie has gained 101 yards total against the Ravens....lol

please tell me that is a true stat lol

i like willie alot but at the same time i see him for what he is....what you see from willie is what you get, hes not gonna get any better, but hes still in the top 50% of runningbacks in the league. mendenhall has sick ability, hes gonna be a force on this team just give it time. i know being a first round pick doesnt mean star...but we have a pretty solid firt round record and im not worried about this one just like i was never worried about timmons

Dean Denton
11-07-2008, 04:27 PM
No I made that up. His average is like 46 yards games against them. Still, thats not good. My dad likes Moore alot better than Willie. Thinks he a better over all back. He likes Willie speed, and thinks we need to use him for third down.

Jiggleballs I think will be a good back. I look forward to us getting a better OL, and turning him loose. But if we had a better OL Parker might not have been broken in the first place.

K Train
11-07-2008, 06:10 PM
our oline can run block, thats not really a huge issue

Dean Denton
11-07-2008, 06:21 PM
our oline can run block, thats not really a huge issue Then we might want to get a real FB again to deal with Ray because no one on the OL can block him no that Faneca is gone.

TEEMONT
11-07-2008, 06:31 PM
Well that explains why Moore was seeing the majority of the action in the 2nd half against the Skins.

All you Moore bandwagoners be ready to slob all over his knob Monday morning, b/c my wife could run for 120 against the Colts.

K Train
11-07-2008, 06:34 PM
Then we might want to get a real FB again to deal with Ray because no one on the OL can block him no that Faneca is gone.
i assure you its not ray lewis...its the monster ngata in front of him

Well that explains why Moore was seeing the majority of the action in the 2nd half against the Skins.

All you Moore bandwagoners be ready to slob all over his knob Monday morning, b/c my wife could run for 120 against the Colts.

he will thrash the colts, i dont think moore is better than parker i just think moore is much more complete in his game and adept to catching passes and blocking because thats all he did in minny

Dean Denton
11-07-2008, 06:59 PM

Are you saying Moore post 120 on the Colts? Is this total yards or just running the ball?

TEEMONT
11-07-2008, 11:37 PM
Are you saying Moore post 120 on the Colts? Is this total yards or just running the ball?

Str8 up running the ball.

DIESELMAN
11-09-2008, 11:51 AM
Just heard on NFL Network, Adam Scheffler said FWP has a possible torn labrum. They are waiting on test results right now. If thats the case, if and when Willie comes back, he'll probably be wearing a shoulder harness.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-09-2008, 12:27 PM

Well since Parker is out yet again I don't think you have any room to bash the Moore supporters.....I like Parker but injuries are starting to become the norm with him.....As for this game I don't know if Moore will run for 120....He is a good all around RB but we can't expect him to carry the load in the running game.......Bob Sanders is back for the Colts and their defense always plays better when he is in the lineup......Still the Colts have 260 pound DTs starting and that is a huge plus for the Steelers....I'm just saying its not a sure thing Moore tearing up this defense today.....

Axeman
11-09-2008, 12:58 PM
the FWP doesn't stand for "fast" Willie Parker anymore, now it stands for "fragile" Willie Parker. Moore can and will get the job done today, whether it be catching or running the ball. he will prolly end up with around 150 total yards and 2 TD's. I think Ben should sit out this week, give his shoulder a much needed rest and let Byron run this offense today. the Steelers will need Ben more in the playoff stretch. the defense will keep the Steelers in this game with all the Injurys. that said WAR STEELERS !!!!!!! :helmet::cope:

DanRooney
11-09-2008, 01:31 PM
the FWP doesn't stand for "fast" Willie Parker anymore, now it stands for "fragile" Willie Parker. Moore can and will get the job done today, whether it be catching or running the ball. he will prolly end up with around 150 total yards and 2 TD's. I think Ben should sit out this week, give his shoulder a much needed rest and let Byron run this offense today. the Steelers will need Ben more in the playoff stretch. the defense will keep the Steelers in this game with all the Injurys. that said WAR STEELERS !!!!!!! :helmet::cope:

I hope so, hes on my fantasy team and I've got to overcome Jay Cutler's reign of terror against the Clowns. Unfortunately, the guy I'm playing had him and Winslow :banging:

TEEMONT
11-09-2008, 10:48 PM
Well since Parker is out yet again I don't think you have any room to bash the Moore supporters.....I like Parker but injuries are starting to become the norm with him.....As for this game I don't know if Moore will run for 120....He is a good all around RB but we can't expect him to carry the load in the running game.......Bob Sanders is back for the Colts and their defense always plays better when he is in the lineup......Still the Colts have 260 pound DTs starting and that is a huge plus for the Steelers....I'm just saying its not a sure thing Moore tearing up this defense today.....

I can always bash the "saviors" supporters....24 carries....57 yards....

I guess those 4 carries for -2 yards weren't much of an aberration were they?

Moore is great catching the ball....but he IS NOT an every down back.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-10-2008, 12:04 AM
I can always bash the "saviors" supporters....24 carries....57 yards....

I guess those 4 carries for -2 yards weren't much of an aberration were they?

Moore is great catching the ball....but he IS NOT an every down back.

I guess you missed were I stated that Moore wouldn't tear up and the Colts defense and that he isn't a RB that can carry the load...I pointed out both in the post you quoted...lol

I just understand why you bash people for supporting Moore when your Boy can't stay healthy anymore....Its not Moore's fault he isn't an every down back but hello Tee, Moore is the only option since Parker is out every week now....lol

Parker is broken down Willie Parker instead of Fast Willie Parker....Before you bring up Ben I have called Ben an idiot various times the last few weeks...I have no loyalty to one player but my loyalty is to the Steelers....Ben with his shiat play and Parker missing games is killing this offense.....

I'm also one of the few that hasn't really been critical of Willie Parker.....But his health is really starting to become a concern......He might be done.....How bad will that suck for the rest of the season?.....:lol:

TEEMONT
11-10-2008, 12:16 AM
I guess you missed were I stated that Moore wouldn't tear up and the Colts defense and that he isn't a RB that can carry the load...I pointed out both in the post you quoted...lol

I just understand why you bash people for supporting Moore when your Boy can't stay healthy anymore....Its not Moore's fault he isn't an every down back but hello Tee, Moore is the only option since Parker is out every week now....lol

Parker is broken down Willie Parker instead of Fast Willie Parker....Before you bring up Ben I have called Ben an idiot various times the last few weeks...I have no loyalty to one player but my loyalty is to the Steelers....Ben with his shiat play and Parker missing games is killing this offense.....

I'm also one of the few that hasn't really been critical of Willie Parker.....But his health is really starting to become a concern......He might be done.....How bad will that suck for the rest of the season?.....:lol:

Im willing to bet Najeh is brought back before Wednesday.

Anyways, with Willie.....him being hurt sucks, but at least he isn't hurting the team by trying to gut it out (I.E. Ben), and I know you sid not to bring him up, but his ego is killing this team.

I read that Willie denied the report that his lebrum (labrum?) is tornso so who knows what will happen with him.

My whole point in the Moore is better than Parker thread is, well Moore isnt better than Parker. Moore is better at what he does, which is catch the ball out of the backfield, and thats pretty much it.

Hopefully Willie will come back and give us some depth, b/c **** knows Moore cannot do it.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-10-2008, 12:30 AM
Im willin got bet Najeh is brought back before Wednesday.

Anyways, with Willie.....him being hurt sucks, but at least he isn't hurting the team by trying to gut it out (I.E. Ben), and I know you sid not to bring him up, but his ego is killing this team.

I read that Willie denied the report that his lebrum (labrum?) is tornso so who knows what will happen with him.

My whole point in the Moore is better than Parker thread is, well Moore isnt better than Parker. Moore is better at what he does, which is catch the ball out of the backfield, and thats pretty much it.

Hopefully Willie will come back and give us some depth, b/c **** knows Moore cannot do it.

I have stated many times this past week that Ben should be benched for a few weeks....But we know this won't happen.....Which sucks but no way Tomlin benches the 100 million man.....It won't happen.................So I'm done with the whole Ben debate...Ben needs to step the **** up.....

As for Parker and Moore......The 2006 Willie Parker is better then Moore but right now Parker isn't better.....Moore has played well despite you're dogging of him....Moore has been called upon every week to carry the whole offensive load....When he isn't that type of RB....This team would be screwed without Moore this year and you know it....Yes the defense would have still carried this team but Moore has made plays to win some games this year....The Ravens and Bengals games come to mind...He deserves some credit.....

Sorry Willie Parker is a non factor right now and if he isn't playing then I really don't give a flying rats *** about him......Ok so Willie denied this report about the torn lebrum......Who knows if he can even sustain any type of punishment without suffering another injury?.....

Moore isn't the savior of the Steelers offense or running game....But has been some kind of savior.....Without him this team could have maybe lost two more games this year.....Ok resigning Davenport won't help at all.....Davenport is a bum......But the Steelers do need another body at RB just in case Parker remains injured....Which at this point its almost a given.....

TEEMONT
11-10-2008, 12:37 AM
I really hate myself for not dogging Willie, I do, but I just can't bring myself to do it.

You of everyone here knows I have no problem dogging someone on this team, but when it comes to Willie, I just won't (I swear it has nothing to do with the fact I own two of his jerseys). Anyways, Moore has stepped up and given us a stopgap, but that's it. Najeh has proven in the past he can carry the ball more than 15+ times a game, so I say why not hand it to him and let him get beat the **** up, and save Moore for what he is good for, late in the game, catching the ball.

****, for that matter, why not hand gary ****ing russell the ball once in a while too? Why does Tomlin insist on killing his starting RB?

****!

****ing ben......

AZ_Steeler
11-10-2008, 12:39 AM
Had FWP played this game he probably would have had 24 carries for 30 yards if he was lucky! This Indy team was playing with desperation and show up to play today!

TEEMONT
11-10-2008, 12:43 AM
Had FWP played this game he probably would have had 24 carries for 30 yards if he was lucky! This Indy team was playing with desperation and show up to play today!

and if the sky wasnt blue it would probably be purple.

We can say probably all day, but all we know for sure is this....Moore is not an every down back.

Willie might not have had a 100 yard game....but he would have made the colts respect the run game.....

**** i hate ben

BlitzburghRockCity
11-10-2008, 12:50 AM
Russel doesn't get enough carries in the game for us to even know how well he can be. All we know is that he's shown some promise and has a good upside. With FWP in it adds another dimension because you can bring Moore in to a multitude of options besides just carrying the ball. Willie and Moore are better together for this offense than they are a part. With Heath and Willie out our weapons are diminished and combined with Ben playing with blinders on it's just not a good thing.

TEEMONT
11-10-2008, 12:52 AM
Russel doesn't get enough carries in the game for us to even know how well he can be. All we know is that he's shown some promise and has a good upside. With FWP in it adds another dimension because you can bring Moore in to a multitude of options besides just carrying the ball. Willie and Moore are better together for this offense than they are a part. With Heath and Willie out our weapons are diminished and combined with Ben playing with blinders on it's just not a good thing.

the funny thing is ....with heath out...the TE's cuaght more balls today than they usually do....

How nice would a pont backfield with Moore and Parker be?

**** willie....get better

****in ben....