PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Coach Mike Tomlin To Staff: 'What If Ben Roethlisberger Is Bad?'

LarryNJ
11-06-2008, 02:05 AM
It's amazing the articles you find at 1:00am! :)

Tomlin (http://www.theonion.com/content/news_briefs/steelers_coach_mike_tomlin)

SteelersWoman
11-06-2008, 03:48 AM
Yeah, the Onion has some pretty funny articles lol

BlitzburghRockCity
11-06-2008, 08:27 AM
Pssstt, hey Tomlin..what if Bruce Arians is really bad too? :lol:

yinzer
11-06-2008, 08:30 AM
is that for real??

HUNT4SEVEN
11-06-2008, 03:27 PM
Pssstt, hey Tomlin..what if Bruce Arians is really bad too? :lol: It is both of em:yellowthumb:, but ben started out the season ok the sacks an hits has taken an toll on Ben:imho: but Bruce Arians sucks period:yellowthumb:we are not going go win anything with Arians as our O-Coordinator:evilshake:

Dean Denton
11-06-2008, 03:33 PM
Well if Arians sucks so does Tomlin because he lets it continue. What kind of coach wouldn't make the change? What are we talking about here? Is Tomlin just a filler until Bill deceides he wants to coach again? I dont get any of this. Tomlin has no problen sitting players, why not a coach?

LatrobePA
11-06-2008, 05:21 PM
You can't make your team learn a new O mid-season, but his *** better fire him at the end of the season!

LarryNJ
11-06-2008, 05:56 PM
Pssstt, hey Tomlin..what if Bruce Arians is really bad too? :lol:
That would go into SI, not the onion! :)

You can't make your team learn a new O mid-season, but his *** better fire him at the end of the season!

I agree, I realize it's frustrating but it wouldn't make sense to fire a OC mid season.

Mike Tomlin
11-06-2008, 06:10 PM
Seems like the offense moved pretty well against the Texans , it also looked good the half that Byron came in. So is it the offense or the quarterback? Offense was fine until Ben hurt the shoulder then the O just stopped until Byron stepped in. Say what you want about Arians but these last few games aren't all his fault you gotta put some blame where it belongs and thats with Ben. Remember this Tomlin is a defensive minded coach and look what he's done for defense the last 2 years. i notice how people on here claim to be film gurus do you see the difference in the secondary and where that Tampa 2 fits now?

Number99
11-07-2008, 09:11 AM
ahhh, this was posted on Onion what sports ? sponsed by Jose Cuervo ! lmao they are drinking while they thought this up

:willybs: :cope: :hilarious:

ejsteeler
11-07-2008, 09:58 AM
It amazes me how quick fans, any fans, will turn on a player. We are Steeler Nation and the best fans in the world. I am not going to jump ship on Ben. He has his issues, but he is still extemely capable and will get us to at least one more SB. :markit:
Now Arians is another story......sorry, I just do not think this o-scheme is built to our players strengths. It is asking them to do things that are not within their realm. 3 steps, roll outs, smashmouth running not this slick a$$ trickery shiat is what we need. Ben likes to throw the ball, no surprise, get him moving so he can find the open man. Not many D's are going to give him the time to do that standing in the pocket. Again, it goes bvack to our strengths. Our o-line simply does not grant the time, so taylor plays to accoiunt for that. :2cents:

JensK
11-07-2008, 02:23 PM
It amazes me how quick fans, any fans, will turn on a player. We are Steeler Nation and the best fans in the world. I am not going to jump ship on Ben. He has his issues, but he is still extemely capable and will get us to at least one more SB. :markit:
Now Arians is another story......sorry, I just do not think this o-scheme is built to our players strengths. It is asking them to do things that are not within their realm. 3 steps, roll outs, smashmouth running not this slick a$$ trickery shiat is what we need. Ben likes to throw the ball, no surprise, get him moving so he can find the open man. Not many D's are going to give him the time to do that standing in the pocket. Again, it goes bvack to our strengths. Our o-line simply does not grant the time, so taylor plays to accoiunt for that. :2cents:

In this case, i really don't see too many people turning on ben.. It is, however, a matter of getting the wins, and if Ben is hurt bad, he won get us wins. As i said in another topic... I love ben, but i love victory even more... If Ben dosnt win, then he needs a break to get healthy and reread all blitzschemes in the NFL ;P

Im all about having Ben for years to come, but i want him to produce, not loose!

Dean Denton
11-07-2008, 02:54 PM
I agree. I would never turn on a player, coach maybe, but not the players. I love all the guys we got, but I love the team a hell of a lot more than anyone playing for them. If Ben one day left to go play somewhere else I would no longer be a Ben fan,and would pray for him to get bounced out of the league. My loyalty is with the Steelers, not the players. I want us to put out best foot forward, and if its Ben, then lets do it. If not, then we need to go another way. Looking at the Ravens next 8 games we might have room to only lose one game if we want to win the North.