PDA

View Full Version : Is Ben a target ?

jpele
11-05-2008, 10:27 AM
Where was the flag on this play ? Does it seem to anyone else that the officials allow defenders to take shots at Ben ?

It wasn't just this play, week after week I watch Ben get hit late and never a flag. Yet look at the call against James Farrior and earlier in the season against Harrison,just seems awful onesided to me.

http://img10.imagehosting.gr/out.php/i318760_Hit.jpg (http://imagehosting.gr)

ejsteeler
11-05-2008, 10:31 AM
Absolutely!!!! I was screaming at the tv on this play. No doubt in my mind we would have been hit for the hands to the face. Serious :willybs: going on. :yesnod:

LatrobePA
11-05-2008, 10:32 AM
Every QB is a target, but I'd say BB is more so being hurt and slowed down (much easier one)!!

Steel Trap86
11-05-2008, 10:38 AM
Ya I think that is why Tomlin was freaking out when Farrior got called for that helmet to helmet on Jason Campbell. Even after 3 or 4 plays he was still yelling "are you ****in kidding me!?!?!?!" Ben takes hit after hit and almost NEVER is there a call on it. Its true. looks like some bullshit calls to me

:cope: :cope: :cope: :cope: :cope: :cope: :cope: :cope: :cope: :cope: :cope: :cope:

Dean Denton
11-05-2008, 11:32 AM
OK, thats fair. But now tell me how many of you were screaming for a flag when we had 2 of our Defenders hit their QB in the knees at the same time on that play where we got that first INT. I bet we get fined for that. I think it goes both ways. We got away with one there too. You cant tell me no one saw us hit that guy low. For me I care about the players, and I never want to see our guys go low or hit dirty. It comes back at you 2 fold.....

ejsteeler
11-05-2008, 11:37 AM
OK, thats fair. But now tell me how many of you were screaming for a flag when we had 2 of our Defenders hit their QB in the knees at the same time on that play where we got that first INT. I bet we get fined for that. I think it goes both ways. We got away with one there too. You cant tell me no one saw us hit that guy low. For me I care about the players, and I never want to see our guys go low or hit dirty. It comes back at you 2 fold.....

Can't comment on the hit, I didn't see it, but I agree with the jist of your post.

steelerschick1220
11-05-2008, 11:54 AM
It does seem that Ben doesn't get many calls go his way, while our guys get called for roughing the passer and all that jazz a ton. What's done is done now.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-05-2008, 04:54 PM
Absolutely he's a target. Every team since we played the Eagles has blitzed the hell out of us and taken cheap shots at Ben. Browns did it, so did the Giants and Bengals.

The Steelers as a whole are targets for the NFL officials these days if you ask me.

Dean Denton
11-05-2008, 05:20 PM
The league has confused our colors with that of the Silver and Black.....lol

BlitzburghRockCity
11-05-2008, 05:23 PM
I really wonder what went on during that meeting with Troy, Hines, Tomlin and the NFL a few weeks ago. Im sure it was pretty amicable and that Tomlin told them not to stir the pot anymore but damn the way these refs are throwing these flags for incidental contact and not letting these guys just play the game really pisses me off. It's happening all around the league but seems to be especially hard on us. This is a contact sport for God sakes just like Troy said; protecting players is one thing but handicapping them is another.

Dean Denton
11-05-2008, 05:31 PM
I agree 100% on this but like a said earlier in the thread, we got away with a huge no call againsts them when we crushed that QB's knees Monday night. He got the Malachi Crunch from both sides on his kness, and I thought thats what they were going to review when we got that first INT. My dad was shacking his head saying, " you guys just broke that dudes legs."...