PDA

View Full Version : The Next Games I Worry About

BlackGold4vr
11-04-2008, 09:03 AM
I don't see the Colts, Patriots, Chargers, or Bengirls as huge threats. Granted we could always come out and lay an egg against any one of these teams, I just don't see it happening. The Ravens followed by the Titans are the two games that jump out at me back to back. Both extremely tough defenses that will more than likely give our offense fits. :2cents:

Stlrs4Life
11-04-2008, 09:18 AM
The Steelers never make it easy on themselves, I'm still not sold on our Offense. Thank goodness we have the #1 Defense in the league.

ejsteeler
11-04-2008, 10:45 AM
Agreed, our O can lose it for us too easily. But I am still not sold on the Titans.....I can't explain it though, so maybe I'm just hoping, but they do not jump out at me as a team that can make it all the way. Yes, they have the W's which is all that counts when it comes down to it, but I still think they will be a late season disappointment. :2cents:

steelerschick1220
11-04-2008, 10:52 AM
The next three games don't scare me at all. We could totally screw purselves out of a win, but I don't see it happening right now. Pats worry me a little, just because they seem to have our number. Cowgirls, unless they start playing as a team, they don't worry me either. Ravens and Titans are the two that jump out at you just because both games will be so physical.

Stairwayto7
11-04-2008, 11:58 AM
One week at a time! Bring on the colts

Dean Denton
11-04-2008, 04:06 PM
You know looking over the Ravens Schedule they only have 2 games on there that seem to be a real threat to them. The Giants, and the Eagles. They still have all 4 NFC games to play, but I doubt the Cowboys or the Skins will give them much of a game. Also the play the Texans, Bengals, jags, and the Mighty Steelers. Because of the way they are playing we need to treat every game like a playoff game at this point. We could very easily lose the AFCN to these bastards if were not careful. We could need 13-3 to win the North. We need to spank the Colts this week.

One thing I will let you all know is the Steelers always kick *** on my Birthday and my special day is Nov 9th. So there ya go.....Lets get it.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-04-2008, 05:43 PM
Colts, Patriots, Chargers..those 3 teams can potentially steal one for us or just crush us outright. LT isn't the same this year but he's still a threat, the Pats are an odd case because they are still solid but if you can get up on them they aren't as able to come back without Brady, and the Colts are up and down every week. If we show up and play like last night on defense and the 2nd half on offense then we can win. If we show up like the first half on offense there is no guarantee about anything.

Troyisabeast_43
11-04-2008, 06:04 PM
You know looking over the Ravens Schedule they only have 2 games on there that seem to be a real threat to them. The Giants, and the Eagles. They still have all 4 NFC games to play, but I doubt the Cowboys or the Skins will give them much of a game. Also the play the Texans, Bengals, jags, and the Mighty Steelers. Because of the way they are playing we need to treat every game like a playoff game at this point. We could very easily lose the AFCN to these bastards if were not careful. We could need 13-3 to win the North. We need to spank the Colts this week.

One thing I will let you all know is the Steelers always kick *** on my Birthday and my special day is Nov 9th. So there ya go.....Lets get it.

The Ravens are not going 12-4 Dean so you can take that to the bank right now. They are going to have a hard time beating the Texans I think this week in Houston. The Texans always play tough at Reliant Stadium and are in desperate need of a win to keep their wildcard chances alive. By no means is that game a gimmie win for the Ravens. Then, the following week they have to go on the road and play the Giants which is a game they definitely will not win I think. The Redskins and Eagles games are not gimmies either for the Ravens even though they are in Baltimore, and the game with the Cowboys is in Dallas in late December when the Cowboys should be completely healthy and have Romo back. So while I do think the Ravens will be able to hang around long enough in this division to make things interesting they are still a flawed team and not as good as everybody thinks they are. Dont be shocked and Ill call it right here right now if the Texans beat the Ravens in Houston on Sunday it very well could happen.

jpele
11-04-2008, 06:07 PM
But I am still not sold on the Titans.....I can't explain it though, so maybe I'm just hoping, but they do not jump out at me as a team that can make it all the way. Yes, they have the W's which is all that counts when it comes down to it, but I still think they will be a late season disappointment. :2cents:

I have to agree with you, they seem to be benefiting from a soft schedule.

Troyisabeast_43
11-04-2008, 06:23 PM
Agreed, our O can lose it for us too easily. But I am still not sold on the Titans.....I can't explain it though, so maybe I'm just hoping, but they do not jump out at me as a team that can make it all the way. Yes, they have the W's which is all that counts when it comes down to it, but I still think they will be a late season disappointment. :2cents:

Much like I stated last night on here that game against the Redskins last night was not only a huge statement to the Baltimore Ravens in the North Division but I also believe it was a huge statement to the Tennessee Titans as well. The statement to the Titans was that the Steelers and this defense are for real and are not going away anytime soon and are not ready to conceed the number 1 seed and homefield advantage just yet after 8 games just because the Titans havent lost a game yet. This game also showed the Titans if they want to go to the Super Bowl they are going to have to go through the Steelers in the AFC to do so...

Dean Denton
11-04-2008, 06:39 PM
Well, right now we would have to go through them twice in their house if they get the #1 seed. That is going to be tough. Thats a good team, that has not lost a game. It doesn't matter that they have not played the top NFC teams yet because they only need to beat up the AFC to get to the Superbowl. They do not have as tough of a schedule as we do, and if they continue this type of play they will be the #1 seed easy. There is no one on the schedule that looks to really beat them. We know it will happen, but 15-1 sounds about right to me. I really cant see them losing more than 3 games either way. We will need to go through them to get to the Superbowl, not the other way around.

Troyisabeast_43
11-04-2008, 07:37 PM
Well, right now we would have to go through them twice in their house if they get the #1 seed. That is going to be tough. Thats a good team, that has not lost a game. It doesn't matter that they have not played the top NFC teams yet because they only need to beat up the AFC to get to the Superbowl. They do not have as tough of a schedule as we do, and if they continue this type of play they will be the #1 seed easy. There is no one on the schedule that looks to really beat them. We know it will happen, but 15-1 sounds about right to me. I really cant see them losing more than 3 games either way. We will need to go through them to get to the Superbowl, not the other way around.

The Steelers are definitely going to have to go through the Titans in the playoffs that is if they dont choke the week before the AFC Title game like so many other teams have done when they are the number 1 seed. The Titans are playing well right now and have won every single game they have played but they have yet to see a defense like the Steelers that can shut down that running game of Chris Johnson and Lendale White. I know Kerry Collins has been proving he can win games throwing the ball,but I just am not sure that Collins alone will be enough to beat the Steelers when these two teams do meet.

Iron City South
11-04-2008, 07:41 PM
As long as we have Bruce Arians .... I worry about EVERY game.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-04-2008, 08:10 PM
As long as we have Bruce Arians .... I worry about EVERY game.

Isn't that the truth; this offense scares me regardless of who is out there. You never know we're going to go into stupid mode.

Captcoolhand
11-04-2008, 08:16 PM
Isn't that the truth; this offense scares me regardless of who is out there. You never know we're going to go into stupid mode.I wonder if Ben or even Heath will still be around when they finally put an O-Line together....:scratch:

HUNT4SEVEN
11-05-2008, 01:46 AM
Our defense will allways give us an chance to win an game, It's the offensive play calling i'm worried about:evilshake: