PDA

View Full Version : Ben's shoulder injury..**11/5**Update, MRI shows no damage, listed as day to day.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-04-2008, 12:25 AM
All we know at this point was that he went to the locker room just before halftime, had xrays, and came back out still suited up but never returned. All the team is saying right now is that it's a shoulder injury. Ben was on the sidelines clapping and cheering but there was a noticeable inability to raise his arm above his head. He may have done it either on the sneak or possibly when he hit his hand on the helmet of the Washington defender coming thru the pocket; his arm came down awkwardly and got caught up on the other player.

Stlrs4Life
11-04-2008, 12:44 AM
He has taken a serious beaten on that shoulder all season. I sure hope it hasn't caught up to him.

BlacknGold Bleeder
11-04-2008, 01:03 AM
Tomlin ain't giving up no info on Ben's shoulder tonight , says check with him tomorrow. He did say he could have come back in if necessary ...

Stairwayto7
11-04-2008, 01:06 AM
I say sit him next week, just next week

Black@Gold Forever32
11-04-2008, 01:07 AM
I say sit him next week, just next week

I say bench Ben for the next 2-3 games.....Let him rest and get healthy......Seeing things on the side line also could help Ben to......

BlitzburghRockCity
11-04-2008, 01:12 AM
There is no way they are going to bench Ben for 2 or 3 games unless that injury dictates bro..LOL. 1 week might not be a bad thing just to help him get healthy and get some rest from the beating he's taken but this guy is your franchise QB and while he's struggled this year he's still the guy as long as he can go. Leftwich played very well tonight there is no question and God knows we needed him but when Ben is healthy and ready to go he goes right back in there.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-04-2008, 01:22 AM
There is no way they are going to bench Ben for 2 or 3 games unless that injury dictates bro..LOL. 1 week might not be a bad thing just to help him get healthy and get some rest from the beating he's taken but this guy is your franchise QB and while he's struggled this year he's still the guy as long as he can go. Leftwich played very well tonight there is no question and God knows we needed him but when Ben is healthy and ready to go he goes right back in there.

You honestly think 1 game is going to cure all of Ben's physical and mental woes?.....Did you hear Byron tonight after the game.....He stated him being healthy for the first time in a long time was a big reason on why he looked so solid tonight....

You can use all the lol you want.....But I'm sorry you're flat out wrong......Ben needs rest...I'm convinced...If he starts the next couple weeks then this team could lose some games...I rather go with the hot hand with the way this defense is playing....You honestly think I like stating the Ben needs to be benched?

I followed Ben in college and he is one player that I will always support....But in my opinion he is harming the team and more importantly himself....I just don't think he is right mentally and physically and one freaking game isn't enough of a break for him....

I'm not blasting him or ripping him....I'm more interested in his long term health more then anything....I'm seriously concerned about Big Ben....QBs get shell shocked.....Plus I think that shoulder was more serious then originally led on to be and his shoulder might have popped out tonight.....

I'm honestly shocked on how you can suggest playing Ben for the next couple games.....**** football for the moment....I'm more concerned about his long term health at the moment to.....

Troyisabeast_43
11-04-2008, 01:25 AM
You honestly think 1 game is going to cure all of Ben's physical and mental woes?.....Did you hear Byron tonight after the game.....He stated him being healthy for the first time in a long time was a big reason on why he looked so solid tonight....

You can use all the lol you want.....But I'm sorry you're flat out wrong......Ben needs rest...I'm convinced...If he starts the next couple weeks then this team could lose some games...I rather go with the hot hand with the way this defense is playing....You honestly think I like stating the Ben needs to be benched?

I followed Ben in college and he is one player that I will always support....But in my opinion he is harming the team and more importantly himself....I just don't think he is right mentally and physically and one freaking game isn't enough of a break for him....

I'm not blasting him or ripping him....I'm more interested in his long term health more then anything....I'm seriously concerned about Big Ben....QBs get shell shocked.....Plus I think that shoulder was more serious then originally led on to be and his shoulder might have popped out tonight.....

I'm honestly shocked on how you can suggest playing Ben for the next couple games.....**** football for the moment....I'm more concerned about his long term health at the moment to.....

Let's just take this thing one week at a time here 32 with Ben before we start worrying about sitting him for 2-3 games like you are talking about. We got a short week this week playing the Colts on Sunday so I definitely would have no problem starting Leftwich Sunday against the Colts if Ben is not 100 percent ready to go. Leftwich definitely has a lot more confidence now after this win tonight against a pretty good Redskins team so Im sure he will more then ready to go and answer the bell Sunday here at home against the Colts if he gets the start...

Zachintosh66
11-04-2008, 01:28 AM
maybe thats what Troy kept praying for... WTF?!?

BR7
11-04-2008, 01:30 AM
Bryon definatly looked confident and poised. The line seemed to block better too, or it was Bryon getting rid of the ball on time? Either way, I wouldn't mind Ben sitting a week.

I'll have to watch it again, but I don't think the injury came when he hit the helmet, I think it was from the sneak.

BlitzburghNation
11-04-2008, 01:30 AM
I say bench Ben for the next 2-3 games.....Let him rest and get healthy......Seeing things on the side line also could help Ben to......

Kinda agree with this,,,,,,,,,It was exactly what i've been thinking, we all have been giving BA hell and just maybe it's Ben :dunno:

But I do think a couple of game rest would do wonders for his health and maybe he'll come back to his old-self :crossfingers:

Black@Gold Forever32
11-04-2008, 01:31 AM
Let's just take this thing one week at a time here 32 with Ben before we start worrying about sitting him for 2-3 games like you are talking about. We got a short week this week playing the Colts on Sunday so I definitely would have no problem starting Leftwich Sunday against the Colts if Ben is not 100 percent ready to go. Leftwich definitely has a lot more confidence now after this win tonight against a pretty good Redskins team so Im sure he will more then ready to go and answer the bell Sunday here at home against the Colts if he gets the start...

Ok I care about Big Ben's health first......Then his importance to the franchise is second....He has a huge contract and is our franchise QB......But I honestly think 2-3 or even a month whatever it takes to get him healthy and confident again is in the best interest for Ben and the team in the long run.....

1 game isn't enough with all the beating this man has taken the last few years.....Byron playing solid behind the same OL and with the same OC convinced that Ben has some serious issues right now....If Leftwich would have stunk then I could say well its the OL and Arians....

Now don't get me wrong I don't think the OL is suddenly great and Arians is some offensive genius....But a heatlhy confident QB can make plays and move the ball with this offense....Which Big Ben isn't right now....

BR7
11-04-2008, 01:34 AM
1 game isn't enough with all the beating this man has taken the last few years.....Byron playing solid behind the same OL and with the same OC convinced that Ben has some serious issues right now....If Leftwich would have stunk then I could say well its the OL and Arians....

Couldn't agree more :plus1:

maybe thats what Troy kept praying for... WTF?!?

He does that before each play. Kind of his pre play ritual which I believe goes back to his USC days, if not earlier.

HUNT4SEVEN
11-04-2008, 01:36 AM
Yo Byron made it happen tonight, i say bench Ben also an let him get healthy, rest is what Ben needs seriously he has taken an beaten this year, i'd rather rest him now then risk losing him for the season 2-3 weeks of rest will help him more than hurt him:yellowthumb::tt02::tt02: But great win way to go STEELERS:tt02::cope::banana:

--- Added 11/3/2008 at 11:36 PM ---

Kinda agree with this,,,,,,,,,It was exactly what i've been thinking, we all have been giving BA hell and just maybe it's Ben :dunno:

But I do think a couple of game rest would do wonders for his health and maybe he'll come back to his old-self :crossfingers:
It's both Ben an Bruce, Bens problem is he's been hit to much this year, he started out great but really got hurt the 1st game, an it went down hill every since.:imho:

BlitzburghNation
11-04-2008, 01:38 AM
Ok I care about Big Ben's health first......Then his importance to the franchise is second....He has a huge contract and is our franchise QB......But I honestly think 2-3 or even a month whatever it takes to get him healthy and confident again is in the best interest for Ben and the team in the long run.....

Now don't get me wrong I don't think the OL is suddenly great and Arians is some offensive genius....But a heatlhy confident QB can make plays and move the ball with this offense....Which Big Ben isn't right now....

Very well put :clap: Oh Yeah ~~~~ :ditto:

Troyisabeast_43
11-04-2008, 01:39 AM

You make some excellent points and I do agree for the most part so let's just wait and see how things play out over the course of the next few days and later on this week...I do think that as of right now tonight that Byron Leftwich should be the starter on Sunday against the Colts coming off a short week and with Ben most likely not 100 percent.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-04-2008, 01:45 AM
You make some excellent points and I do agree for the most part so let's just wait and see how things play out over the course of the next few days and later on this week...I do think that as of right now tonight that Byron Leftwich should be the starter on Sunday against the Colts coming off a short week and with Ben most likely not 100 percent.

Trust me it really pains me to suggest sitting Ben Roethlisberger for 2-3 games......But I always say what I think and base it on what I watch....I just think Ben is hurting physically and mentally which is doing damage to himself and the team.....

BlitzburghRockCity
11-04-2008, 08:20 AM

Let's not get over zealous here, I knew this was going to happen if Byron came in and played well. The dude did a great job for us, I couldn't be happier with the outcome. he did exactly what we needed him to do. The backup Qb is always the most popular guy on the team no matter who you are.

Ben has struggled and if he's not healthy then sit him till he is; but if Ben is healthy then he needs to be in there it's as simple as that. You can't say that Ben would be "cured" in 2 or 3 weeks any more than he would be cured after 1. Comon man! Leftwich had 1 good game, the first time he's seen action all year but lest you forget he is carbon copy of Ben in many ways if Ben gets killed behind that line then Byron will too, just give it time. If you think otherwise just go back and watch the highlights. You can't say he'll win the next 2 or 3 game or he won't but benching your starter IF he's healthy is not the right move here. If he's not, like I said, Im all for letting him sit till he does but don't think for one second that Byron is some type of saving grace for a sputtering offense just because he had 1 good game.

We're all concerned about Ben's health right now, the line stinks and he's not seeing the field as well as he should and making those great throws like we're used to seeing him make. Nobody wants him to be healthy for the long run more than us fans. Ben is going to be a banged up QB all year long, he's been beat up enough already to the point where he'll be somewhat limited the rest of the year with this shoulder and hand. There are many things you can point too on the offense besides Ben that needs fixing, if anything we should bench Arians.

So if Byron comes in because Tomlin benches ben for a couple games and then next week he gets sacked 5 times, throws 2 picks, and can't do anything else what are you going to say, put Ben back in? Either way we just need to do things consistently on offense that we did before regardless of who's in there.

SteelerNC
11-04-2008, 08:58 AM
dont rush ben back, especially what we saw from byron last night

Stlrs4Life
11-04-2008, 09:24 AM
Also, Ben doesn't move with the ball anymore like he used to. Another reason why he is getting sacked alot.

memphissteelergirl
11-04-2008, 10:32 AM
I say rest him for the Colts game and see how it goes. I agree with most here that we need him for the long term, and we need him at full strength. Leftwich came in and turned in a solid performance. I think he can hold his own against the Colts. :imho:

ejsteeler
11-04-2008, 10:54 AM
With our D being so dominant, I'm all for letting Ben rest on this short week. After that, I don't see it happening. What's more likely is that we will be dealing with this the rest of the year off and on. Ben will start all he can and Lefty will come in and finish the deal when he can't.
His shotty play lately is a direct result of his shoulder injury imo. His throws have been off and his zip is gone. He will not get the rest he needs until we get a bye for the playoffs or the off season.

steelerschick1220
11-04-2008, 11:03 AM
With the short week, I say we should let Byron start. I think it would do Ben good to have a week of rest. However, I am really not for having him sit out a month or so. Byron had a very good game and he played better then I thought he would. However, just because he had one good game does not mean he will have two or three good ones in a row.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-04-2008, 01:24 PM
Let's not get over zealous here, I knew this was going to happen if Byron came in and played well. The dude did a great job for us, I couldn't be happier with the outcome. he did exactly what we needed him to do. The backup Qb is always the most popular guy on the team no matter who you are.

Ben has struggled and if he's not healthy then sit him till he is; but if Ben is healthy then he needs to be in there it's as simple as that. You can't say that Ben would be "cured" in 2 or 3 weeks any more than he would be cured after 1. Comon man! Leftwich had 1 good game, the first time he's seen action all year but lest you forget he is carbon copy of Ben in many ways if Ben gets killed behind that line then Byron will too, just give it time. If you think otherwise just go back and watch the highlights. You can't say he'll win the next 2 or 3 game or he won't but benching your starter IF he's healthy is not the right move here. If he's not, like I said, Im all for letting him sit till he does but don't think for one second that Byron is some type of saving grace for a sputtering offense just because he had 1 good game.

We're all concerned about Ben's health right now, the line stinks and he's not seeing the field as well as he should and making those great throws like we're used to seeing him make. Nobody wants him to be healthy for the long run more than us fans. Ben is going to be a banged up QB all year long, he's been beat up enough already to the point where he'll be somewhat limited the rest of the year with this shoulder and hand. There are many things you can point too on the offense besides Ben that needs fixing, if anything we should bench Arians.

So if Byron comes in because Tomlin benches ben for a couple games and then next week he gets sacked 5 times, throws 2 picks, and can't do anything else what are you going to say, put Ben back in? Either way we just need to do things consistently on offense that we did before regardless of who's in there.

I just can't believe you think starting Ben is the right move for the next couple games....I'm not calling Ben to be benched for the rest of the season.....But I do think letting him rest and heal is the right move for him and the team......

I stated in another thread that the OL still sucks and Arians is still an idiot.....But Byron moved the offense better with that same OL and Arians calling the plays.....Big reason Leftwich is healthy and confident were Ben isn't......

To answer about Leftwich being sacked 5 times and throwing 2 picks....Well Ben has been getting sacked and throwing picks anyway so who cares if Leftwich does also.....My point is I'm more concerned about Ben's long term health then losing a couple of meaningless football games.....The man isn't right mentally or physically right now so **** football....Football is second right now when it comes to Big Ben for me.....

Ben is hurt physically more then origninally believed and he is shell shocked mentally....He shouldn't play period for the next few weeks or even a month.....

ejsteeler
11-04-2008, 01:27 PM
I just can't believe you think starting Ben is the right move for the next couple games....I'm not calling Ben to be benched for the rest of the season.....But I do think letting him rest and heal is the right move for him and the team......

I stated in another thread that the OL still sucks and Arians is still an idiot.....But Byron moved the offense better with that same OL and Arians calling the plays.....Big reason Leftwich is healthy and confident were Ben isn't......

To answer about Leftwich being sacked 5 times and throwing 2 picks....Well Ben has been getting sacked and throwing picks anyway so who cares if Leftwich does also.....My point is I'm more concerned about Ben's long term health then losing a couple of meaningless football games.....The man isn't right mentally or physically right now so **** football....Football is second right now when it comes to Big Ben for me.....

Ben is hurt physically more then origninally believed and he is shell shocked mentally....He shouldn't play period for the next few weeks or even a month.....

I agree with you mostly, but to be devils advocate, you can't sit there and say you don't care about football when what you're wanting to do is sit Ben so we can win more games......:lol:

Black@Gold Forever32
11-04-2008, 01:38 PM
I agree with you mostly, but to be devils advocate, you can't sit there and say you don't care about football when what you're wanting to do is sit Ben so we can win more games......:lol:

When did I say I cared more about the team winning games?......Answer me that.....I even stated so what if Byron throws picks and is sacked at an alarming rate in the next few weeks if he is the starter....Since Ben has been throwing picks and being sacked anyway.....

The Steelers need to protect our franchise QB who isn't 100 percent healthy and is battered mentally right now......He is still the franchise so when it comes to a football perspective it makes sense to sit him for the next few weeks to....But bottom line I really don't care about football when it comes to Big Ben right now......I'm not saying I'm rooting for the team to lose.....But I think the team will be fine anyway with the way the defense is playing.....Right now this team just needs a game manager and not a franchise type QB....Leftwich can manage the games with this game.....

As a fan of the Steelers I do want to win......I think Leftwich can do the job with the way the defense is playing.....

But I'm also a huge Ben fan....So in his best interest I want him to sit for him to get healthy and so he doesn't further damage himself.....We have to think about Ben's career to....

I'm looking at the situation from both perspectives......

Steeling
11-04-2008, 01:47 PM
Are you kidding me? He'll never be ready for the Colts!

:nahnah:

Edited by the staff of Steeler Addicts, because you're a jackass

ejsteeler
11-04-2008, 01:48 PM
When did I say I cared more about the team winning games?......Answer me that.....I even stated so what if Byron throws picks and is sacked at an alarming rate in the next few weeks if he is the starter....Since Ben has been throwing picks and being sacked anyway.....

The Steelers need to protect our franchise QB who isn't 100 percent healthy and is battered mentally right now......He is still the franchise so when it comes to a football perspective it makes sense to sit him for the next few weeks to....But bottom line I really don't care about football when it comes to Big Ben right now......I'm not saying I'm rooting for the team to lose.....But I think the team will be fine anyway with the way the defense is playing.....Right now this team just needs a game manager and not a franchise type QB....Leftwich can manage the games with this game.....

As a fan of the Steelers I do want to win......I think Leftwich can do the job with the way the defense is playing.....

But I'm also a huge Ben fan....So in his best interest I want him to sit for him to get healthy and so he doesn't further damage himself.....We have to think about Ben's career to....

I'm looking at the situation from both perspectives......

Take a deep breath......I didn't say you said that, I said we need Ben healthy to be a winning team, which is what you want, Ben healthy. A vicious cycle. I was just tying the ends and trying to lighten things up. :nahnah:

Black@Gold Forever32
11-04-2008, 02:05 PM
Take a deep breath......I didn't say you said that, I said we need Ben healthy to be a winning team, which is what you want, Ben healthy. A vicious cycle. I was just tying the ends and trying to lighten things up. :nahnah:

I don't have to take a deep breath.....I'm fine...I just responded to your post....

Dean Denton
11-04-2008, 02:10 PM
I think Ben should sit too. What good will it do the team if he is hurt? Whats the point of even having Back Up QB's if you dont use them when needed? Also, Lefty has played against the Colts more then Ben, and might do a better job of beating them right now. Our Def is playing at a high level, and should be able to handle the next 3 or 4 teams without too much difficulty. We need Ben later in the playoffs, and it would be stupid to let him get more hurt.

Ditka and the boys before the game I think said it best. If we dont start giving Ben better protection he will start seeing ghost. He is getting so use to getting hit, sacked hurried, and everything else that he is going to start making too many mistakes down the field in an attempt to get rid of the ball too soon. I felt the same way last year.
I dont know how any of you felt about David Carr when he came into the league, but I thought the guy showed alot of talent and potential. Now he cant even get a solid Back Up spot on a team. The guy is gun shy, and its from getting sacked 40+ times in a year for 5+ seasons, and the million + knock downs he took. Now I'm not saying that Carr is on the same level as Ben, but maybe he could have been if he wasn't beat to death. I fear that this could happen to Ben, and I think everyone else should fear it too. This is not uncommon at the QB position.

ejsteeler
11-04-2008, 02:46 PM
Roethlisberger has MRI, status uncertain
Associated Press

PITTSBURGH -- Ben Roethlisberger underwent an MRI exam Tuesday on his injured right shoulder, and the Pittsburgh Steelers won't know if he can play Sunday against the Colts until they get the results.

Roethlisberger, whose throwing shoulder was slightly separated in the first game of the season, was injured on a quarterback sneak near the end of the second quarter of Pittsburgh's 23-6 victory in Washington on Monday night.

Roethlisberger did not play the rest of the game. Byron Leftwich, in first extensive action for the Steelers, replaced Roethlisberger to throw a touchdown pass while leading two TD drives in the second half.

If Roethlisberger can't play, Leftwich would make his first start since last Nov. 18 with Atlanta.

Roethlisberger has started 38 of the Steelers' last 39 games, missing only a season-ending loss at Baltimore last season that didn't affect the team's playoff position.

Here's hoping it's not too bad.....:crossfingers:

Steelersfan
11-04-2008, 03:37 PM
Hope Ben is ok! :cope:

yinzer
11-04-2008, 05:24 PM
hope he's ok. he is somewhat of a drama queen, though.

memphissteelergirl
11-04-2008, 05:59 PM
edit'd by the staff because he's a jackass

Who the f*ck are u???

Dean Denton
11-04-2008, 06:51 PM
I think Sunday would be a good game to start Dennis Dixon. Its my Birthday and we cant lose. We can run the wildcat like everyone else is doing. It would be fun. Maybe let our LB play TE and catch a couple TD's. We should go out there and just have fun this weekend. Its only football.....Why So Serious??????

lloydfan4life
11-04-2008, 07:52 PM
Who the f*ck are u???

:troll:
Just another loser fan of another losing team who is obviously very jealous of our glorious Steelers!! :yesnod:

I think Sunday would be a good game to start Dennis Dixon. Its my Birthday and we cant lose. We can run the wildcat like everyone else is doing. It would be fun. Maybe let our LB play TE and catch a couple TD's. We should go out there and just have fun this weekend. Its only football.....Why So Serious??????

Let's just not let Harrison do the long snapping! :lol:

Let me be the first to wish you a Happy Birthday! :yellowthumb:

Hope the Steelers give you a big win against the Colts for your birthday!

Here's to hoping Ben's MRI results return showing nothing serious!! :pray:

Captcoolhand
11-04-2008, 08:10 PM
Are you kidding me? He'll never be ready for the Colts!

Edited by the staff of Steeler Addicts, because you're a jackass :clap: :clap: :clap:

:tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

steelerschick1220
11-04-2008, 09:24 PM
I highly doubt that Ben will be playing sunday. Here's to hoping that it isn't too serious and he will be back soon.

$teelersRule
11-04-2008, 11:56 PM
if ben cant go i think this would be the perfect game for byron to step in he should know the colts D pretty well he only played in Jax his whole career! :2cents:

DanRooney
11-05-2008, 03:19 AM

:nono:

BlitzburghRockCity
11-05-2008, 06:11 PM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08310/925609-100.stm

Wednesday, November 05, 2008
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
The MRI taken on Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger showed no significant difference than it has all season and coach Mike Tomlin called him "day to day."
"His injury status is no different," Tomlin said after Roethlisberger did not practice today. "The MRI was very similar if not the same as it has been."
Roethlisberger's right shoulder was slightly separated in the season opener, but he has not missed a game since. He did not play in the second half of Monday night's 23-6 victory in Washington because the shoulder was re-injured when he scored a touchdown on a 1-yard quarterback sneak near the end of the first half.
Byron Leftwich finished the second half and took his place in practice this afternoon.
Roethlisberger said after practice that he wants to play against Indianapolis Sunday, but will have to see how his shoulder feels as the week goes along.

DBR96A
11-05-2008, 06:24 PM
I want Ben to sit down for a week. He needs it. Besides, wasn't Jim McMahon's career effectively ended by a separated shoulder?

spyboots
11-05-2008, 06:26 PM
Keep in mind that Leftwich (when with the Jaguars) has played the Colts and didn't do well against them.

I'm not local and wondering if anyone has heard this. Per PFT, Tim Benz of WXDX in Pittsburgh is reporting the following:

Ben Roethlisberger had his right arm in a sling and his left thumb in a brace on Wednesday.

An MRI supposedly showed no additional significant damage to the shoulder, which originally was injured in Week One and became aggravated on Monday night.

Roethlisberger has torn ligaments in his non-throwing thumb, and he didn’t rule out the possibility of surgery after the season. He originally suffered the thumb injury during Week Eight, against the Giants.

Coach Mike Tomlin said that Roethlisberger’s availability for Sunday’s game against the Colts could come down to a game-time decision.

Benz also tells us that tight end Heath Miller was limping in a walking boot, and that “a ton of guys didn’t practice.”

Safety Troy Polamalu cut his thumb during practice.

LatrobePA
11-05-2008, 06:41 PM
Ben should only play if he can contribute to the team 100%

If we could match our D with O we'd be unstoppable!!

Dean Denton
11-05-2008, 06:50 PM
I think we take our chances with Lefty and let Ben heal up. I really dont think we need Ben until 11/30/2008. "PATS"!!!!! We should be able to handle the teams up to that point. I know we could lose to any team, but Lefty is a gamer, and is looking to start in this league next season. We are going to get the best of this guy right now, and I think we take advantage of it. I bet he could run the table. He's been hurt the last couple of seasons, he healed up and wants to start, and feels he can get it done. You guys all saw what he did against a really good Def Monday. What team over the next month do we face that has a better Def than the Skins? I say turn Lefty Loose...I'm all about the team winning, and Ben has not looked all that sharp in his last few outings. Not like Lefty did.

NOVA STEELERS
11-05-2008, 07:01 PM
:ditto: let Ben sit and realize that he needs to step up his play, get rid of the :cursin: ball quicker and RUN when he has too instead of stopping and getting hammered, when he could have walked the 6 yards for the 1st down :duh: I think his feet and arms are heavy after that 100M contract........... I am and always will be a Big Ben Fan, but he needs to stat playing the way he did to earn this contract :2cents:

spyboots
11-05-2008, 07:22 PM
Hopefully his shoulder and hands will heal up so that he can be more confidant in his throwing and will be his old self again.

steelerschick1220
11-05-2008, 09:08 PM
I have a feeling that Ben will play even if he isn't totally ready to go. I think we can beat the Colts with Byron at QB. I would feel better about the Chargers if Ben could go in. ben, should you read this, I have a message: If you are hurt, DON'T PLAY!!!!!!! We are gonna need you for the playoffs.

JensK
11-06-2008, 06:59 AM
Roethlisberger wants to play Sunday
Thursday, November 6, 2008

By Teresa Varley
Steelers.com
The biggest question mark for the Steelers heading into the Colts game is who will start at quarterback.

Ben Roethlisberger sat out of practice on Wednesday after he aggravated his shoulder against the Redskins. Byron Leftwich got the snaps with the first team, something that has been commonplace on Wednesdays this season as Roethlisberger has been given a rest here and there.

“It’s good to get those reps,” said Leftwich. “I am getting more comfortable with the offense, more comfortable with the system. But those Wednesdays I try to use that time to try to throw to Nate (Washington), Santonio (Holmes) and Hines (Ward). Coming into this thing I didn’t have the chance to throw to those guys.”

Time will tell if those Wednesday reps extend into Thursday and Friday of this week. Roethlisberger said he was feeling sore still, but that has been the case throughout the season after he suffered the injury against the Houston Texans in the season opener.

“(I’ll practice) as soon as I can, as soon as I’m able to,” said Roethlisberger. “We’ll see when that is. We’ll see how it is (Thursday) and go from there. I’ll let coach know how I feel and then he obviously makes the ultimate decision on what happens.”

Roethlisberger is hoping to play against the Colts this week and doesn’t like to even think about missing a game, even if it means giving the shoulder a rest to get healthy.

“We took a week off for the bye week and it still didn’t get to 100 percent so I don’t think it would help,” said Roethlisberger. “That would hurt me. That would hurt my heart more than anything. I told my guys before until they carry me off the field, I want to be out there with you guys. I’m going to do everything I can to be out there.”

Roethlisberger stressed that despite the team’s 6-2 record that he isn’t pleased with his performance in the first half of the season and that he plans on improving during the home stretch.

“This is the second half of the season for us and for me,” said Roethlisberger. “You’ll see a different quarterback and a different offense I think.

“I have played sub-par football to date. It’s time for that to change and it will change. I think as my performance changes, I think you’ll see some changes in the offense because we’ll be clicking more, we’ll be making more completions and things will happen nice.”

I suppose its good that he knows he have been playing bad..

portcityblackandgold
11-06-2008, 09:36 AM
Ben needs to rest the shoulder. It will also give him time to sit and observe. At this point Leftwich reads the blitz and pressure much better than Ben and he seems to know where the open receiver is. Leftwich is far more confident in his reads than Ben, at this point in the season. He has been observing the problem from the sideline and it has helped him and the offense tremendously. :tt02:

SteelerNC
11-06-2008, 10:23 AM
Thank God...no damage