PDA

View Full Version : Foote wins custody battle for his son

BlitzburghRockCity
10-17-2006, 01:05 PM
http://www.woodtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=5548916&nav=menu44_2

Steelers linebacker Larry Foote wins custody of son

PONTIAC, Mich. -- A Michigan judge has awarded Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker Larry Foote full custody of a 10-year-old son Foote said he did not know existed until two years ago.

Foote filed earlier this year for custody of Trey-veion Hammond. The boy's mother, Khalila Shanese Hammond of Inkster, did not attend Monday's custody hearing.

Oakland County Circuit Judge Cheryl A. Matthews gave full legal and physical custody of the boy to Foote. Hammond is to have "reasonable parenting time" with her son.

"Larry is excited and thrilled by the judge's decision. All he wants is to care for the boy and provide him with everything he needs to grow and succeed," Foote lawyer Francis X. Bujold II told The Detroit News.

Hammond said earlier that she appreciated Foote's actions on behalf of their son but said the boy should not stay with Foote full-time.

Foote, 26, has homes in Pittsburgh and the Detroit suburb of West Bloomfield Township.

The 6-foot, 239-pound Foote played at the University of Michigan and was part of the Steelers team that beat the Seattle Seahawks in the Super Bowl on Feb. 5 at Detroit's Ford Field.

It's good to see Larry be able to care for his son and win the court case. Hopefully his boy and him will be able to grow together and have a great relationship.

House of Steel
10-17-2006, 01:49 PM
:iagree: That is a touching story.

Steelersfan
10-17-2006, 01:57 PM
If the mother didn't think he should have full custody why didn't she show for the hearing? I'm glad he won and will get to spend time with his son. He should be able to provide a good life for him.

AZ_Steeler
10-17-2006, 02:03 PM
I remember when this story first surfaced... I was so mad at the mother because she was like "Oh yeah, by the way you and I had a son many years ago but I never told you about him, but now that you're making money I think you I want a piece of it!"

I'm am extremely happy that she got what was coming to her! It's good to see the courts making this case an example for all these gold digging women who only want to inform the father once he starts making money!

Congrats Mr. Foote!!! :clap:

Prosdo
10-17-2006, 03:38 PM
Good for Larry! The mother does not sound good for the kid. Way to step up to the plate Larry.

K Train
10-17-2006, 05:49 PM
Good for him :bigthumb:

Hburg
10-17-2006, 06:06 PM
Good for Foote! I think he'll be able to provide a good life for the kid.

BuFu

BBG7
10-17-2006, 06:08 PM
I'm happy for Larry. Hopefully he can make up for the time he missed with his son when he didn't even know he existed.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-17-2006, 09:33 PM
I remember when this story first surfaced... I was so mad at the mother because she was like "Oh yeah, by the way you and I had a son many years ago but I never told you about him, but now that you're making money I think you I want a piece of it!"

I'm am extremely happy that she got what was coming to her! It's good to see the courts making this case an example for all these gold digging women who only want to inform the father once he starts making money!

yeah that was awhile back I remember it also. Wasn't it right around the super bowl when the the information started coming to the surface? He'll have the opportunity to give his son everything he needs..and maybe one day we'll be looking at the next Steeler MLB :tt02:

Koopa
10-18-2006, 01:19 AM
i like foote more and more.....with this article i'll never lose respect for him. i know what it's like to have a dad that doesn't want you, so i'm glad foote stepped up and did what he had to do to take care of his kid.

BBG7
10-18-2006, 01:22 AM
yeah you definately have to respect him. He is doing the right thing and I am very happy for him that he is getting this chance!

SteelersWoman
10-18-2006, 09:23 AM
Glad to hear that another father wants to be so involved in his child's life!

My husband had had custody of his son for 3 years when I met him (son was 7 when we met).

He had went through court to prove he was a better parent than his ex-girlfriend, and won--so it CAN be done when the ex wife (or girlfriend) is an unfit parent--it's just that most father's don't want the bother or hassle of raising their children if the relationship with the mother doesn't work out, so it's sure nice to know there are some that care that much.

Captcoolhand
10-18-2006, 09:41 AM

I followed this story from the start. First she didn't want to tell him.Then,after telling him,she didn't want the boy around Him. Seen that she couldn't keep Foote away,she tried to go after for Back child support:cursin: Now that was F*cked up
Good going Foote I hope the best for ya!:clap:

AZ_Steeler
10-18-2006, 12:46 PM
I followed this story from the start. First she didn't want to tell him.Then,after telling him,she didn't want the boy around Him. Seen that she couldn't keep Foote away,she tried to go after for Back child support:cursin: Now that was F*cked up
Good going Foote I hope the best for ya!:clap:

I think we beat this story to death over on Steelers.com when it came out :D