PDA

View Full Version : Warning! PFT Rumor.

suitanim
10-17-2006, 10:37 AM
A lot of what that site posts is junk, but I thought this was worthy of posting if only for the "what if?" implications, since the Falcons are next up for the Steelers.

FRACAS AT FLOWERY BRANCH
We're hearing that there was a huge blowup in Falcon-land after Sunday's loss to the Giants, and that the problems spilled over into Monday.
The issue arose shortly after the 27-14 loss to the Giants, when defensive coordinator Ed Donatell got in offensive coordinator Greg Knapp's face regarding the inability of the offense to sustain drives, which resulted in the defense being on the field for too long.
Word is that Donatell blamed several injuries sustained by his troops on the poor play of the offense, because the defensive players were exhausted late in the game.
We're also told that, on Monday, owner Arthur Blank summoned Donatell and Knapp to his office, and that Blank wouldn't allow head coach Jim Mora inside the room until Blank had a chance to talk with them. After the four men met, Knapp was angry -- and word is that Knapp is openly blaming the performance of the offense on the limited passing skills of quarterback Michael Vick.
Stay tuned, folks. This one could get very ugly, and the Falcons have a big decision to make, especially since backup Matt Schaub will be eligible for restricted free agency after the season.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-17-2006, 01:04 PM
PFT blows everything so out of proportion it's not even funny. I can't imagine this was all that bad as they make it out to be.

AZ_Steeler
10-17-2006, 01:45 PM
Cool! :bigthumb: The Steelers are playing a team in turmoil if this is in fact the case! Could be good, but at the same time it could be bad... but then again it is coming from PFT so you kind of gotta pick and choose what you want to believe!

House of Steel
10-17-2006, 01:46 PM
I hate PFT, but after that crazy Moss and Porter melee and NBC, FOX confirming it about the Steelers, I think that was a pick and choose also. Can you imagine the New England Patriots may go after them? OH MAN!!!

suitanim
10-17-2006, 04:48 PM
I could see something like this happening though...I'd be none too pleased if I had Mike Vick as my QB.

House of Steel
10-17-2006, 04:59 PM
Vick has streaks and he is too risky, suit. I wouldn't want him on any fantasy team of mine, of course, I have him on one as a bye replacement. I am trading the fool this week. Seeing if I get any bites.

suitanim
10-17-2006, 05:07 PM
He's the greatest RUNNING QB of all time, so I give him his props, but I want a QB who can throw accurately first and foremost.

House of Steel
10-17-2006, 05:08 PM
That is my point, Suit, Hell of a great runner but he sure sucks throwing that ball accurately. I think Randall Cunningham is greater than Vick. No one could do it better than Randall.