PDA

View Full Version : Polamalu may miss Monday's game - **Update 11/1, will play vs Redskins

jpele
11-01-2008, 09:10 AM
Any moment now, Troy Polamalu will become a father.

First and foremost, he’s hoping his wife Theodora delivers a healthy son.

But the Steelers’ strong safety also wouldn’t mind if the baby boy is born sooner than later.

The Steelers fly to Baltimore on Sunday to play the Redskins Monday night. They’ll return home immediately after the game.

Last month, Kendall Simmons said he would miss the Sept. 21 game in Philadelphia if his wife went into labor.

Simmons’ daughter was born two days after the 15-6 loss to the Eagles.

When asked Thursday if there’s a chance he may miss Monday’s game, Polamalu said, “I don’t know. We’ll see what happens.”

When asked when his wife is due to deliver their first child, Polamalu said, “She’s due soon … any time now.”

Troy and Theodora Polamalu plan to name their son Paisios.

Link (http://www.timesonline.com/articles/2008/10/31/sports/steelers/doc490a867cc932f761985168.txt)

Hopefully he won't have to miss the game,but in either csae ,congrats to Troy and his wife.:tt02:

SteelerNC
11-01-2008, 09:11 AM
congrats troy, now go out and kick some redskin a$$

yinzer
11-01-2008, 09:42 AM
all the best to the polamalu's! hope troy plays monday night but family first.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-01-2008, 10:56 AM
I understand if Troy misses the game for a reason like that, how could you not...but please please please mr or mrs little baby, could you just kinda hang loose in there till maybe tuesday morning? LOL.

We really do need Troy in this game, with Clark already doubtful if not out we would be so unbelievably in trouble at that position it wouldnt even be funny.

AZ_Steeler
11-01-2008, 01:16 PM
Scared me... I thought it was because of an injury!!! Congrats to them though :clap:

spyboots
11-01-2008, 01:20 PM
Congrats to Troy and Theodora. Hope the baby comes in between games so that Troy doesn't miss a game. But family first.

steelerfan11
11-01-2008, 02:13 PM
New father Troy Polamalu will resume his duties as a football player Monday night after his wife gave birth to their first child on Friday.

Polamalu, the Steelers' four-time Pro Bowl free safety, missed practice Friday and today to be with his wife, Theodora. The couple had a son.

Today, Willie Parker went through another practice and should make his first appearance at halfback Monday night in more than a month. He has not played since Sept. 21, when his left knee was sprained.

Guard Chris Kemoeatu returned to practice after missing Friday with a sprained ankle. However, offensive tackle Marvel Smith again missed practice because of back problems, and Max Starks will make his third consecutive start on the left side for him.

Mitch Burger will return to punt Monday night, his two hamstrings healed sufficiently. The Steelers today released Ricky Schmitt, a punter signed early in the week, from their practice squad. Linebacker Donovan Woods, released last week from the 53-man roster, was signed to the practice squad today.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08306/924699-66.stm

BlitzburghRockCity
11-01-2008, 03:13 PM
Congrats to Troy and his new family, that's great !!

It's equally great that he'll be ready to go on Monday night as well, we're going to need him.

HUNT4SEVEN
11-01-2008, 06:56 PM
Scared me... I thought it was because of an injury!!! Congrats to them though :clap:
me to LOL, But family does come first:yellowthumb:, i just hope the little bundle of joy comes sunday or tuesday:tt02: LOL we need its daddy on the field monday night:lol:Congrats to Troys family:clap::clap:children are priceless:yellowthumb:oops i jsut read the update LOL

LarryNJ
11-02-2008, 08:15 AM
Congrats to Troy and his new family, that's great !!

It's equally great that he'll be ready to go on Monday night as well, we're going to need him.

You got that right! I think all the boys need to do a little better job in the family planning. March -August! :yellowthumb:

Best of luck to Troy and his family!

K Train
11-02-2008, 04:48 PM
its good he is playing since clark is out....but why the hell would he need to miss the game its not like he was hauling around a baby for 9 months lol, hes got college to pay for

DocHolliday1989
11-03-2008, 12:50 PM
Good Luck Troy, there is Nothing Like Becoming a Dad for the first time... Children are definitely a Blessing From God Above..
:cope:

memphissteelergirl
11-03-2008, 04:22 PM
Congrats to Troy and Theodora on the birth of their baby. I bet that's one cute kid! :greengrin: