PDA

View Full Version : Steelers vs. Redskins MNF (Wk. 9) W 23-6

Pages : [1] 2

AZ_Steeler
10-30-2008, 04:07 PM
:towelwave: :towelwave: :towelwave: :towelwave: :towelwave:

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k250/azsteeler/teams/pit.gif vs. http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k250/azsteeler/teams/was.gif

Monday November 3, 2008
8:30 PM EST

Team Stats and Rankings
Steelers||Redskins
1st, AFC North|
Standings|2nd, NFC East
291.7 ypg (25th)|
Offense|364.3 ypg (7th)
184.4 ypg (24th)|
Passing|209.0 ypg (18th)
107.3 ypg (18th)|
Rushing|155.3 ypg (2nd)
236.0 ypg (1st)|
Defense|278.1 ypg (6th)
164.4 ypg (1st)|
Pass D|195.4 ypg (11th)
71.6 ypg (3rd)|
Rush D|82.8 ypg (5th)
155(22.1) (14th)|
PF|165(20.6) (23rd)
110 (3rd)|
PA|145 (8th)
Lost 1|
Streaks|Won 2

Last week the Steelers faced the number 1 rushing offense in the league and held them in check with only 83 total yards of rushing. This week the Steelers face the number 2 ranked rushing offense in the Washington Redskins, so it will be another tough matchup for the Steelers D. This time around though the QB's for the opposing teams are much different. Jason Campbell of the Redskins is definitely no Eli Manning and the Steelers D will should expose the huge difference in the two. Campbell though has yet to throw an INT this year in 230 attempts. Granted the Redskins rely on the running game so he is a Big Ben of 2004 and just manages the game and doesn't cost his team opportunities. As a matter of fact though, when the Redskins haven't been able to get their running game going and have had to rely on Campbell they have lost! The first loss came against the Giants where they only put up 84 yards and the second came against the Rams and they held the Skins to 76 yards rushing.

The Steelers offensive line has really been picking what weeks they feel like showing up and that's just not cutting it! At one point last week Ben had dropped back 28 times and had been knocked down 14 times, how can any QB sustain a high number of hits week in and week out and expect to make it the length of the season? Is Ben still holding onto the ball to long or is the line really that bad? I guess we won't know the answer until Ben gets hurt and misses a game and Byron has to start <<knock on wood that that doesn't happen>>.

Will Parker be back this week? Who knows and frankly I don't think it matters. Moore has been doing a phenomenal job and is actually leading the team in rushing by 60 yards. I know, you're saying "But Parker has missed the last three games!" and my response is "Moore has one less rushing attempt than Parker!". That's right! Moore is averaging 5 yards per carry where Parker is only at 4 per carry. Yes it would be nice to have Parker back but it should be as a backup to Moore so the Steelers can have the Crash and Flash duo. Also, this week Holmes will be returning to the starting lineup so maybe if he has a good game and scores a couple of touchdowns he can shut all of us up, including myself, for giving him crap by saying because he wasn't around is why the Steelers lost. Please... prove us wrong Holmes!

This week the Steelers not only need to keep it they also need to stop the run, so with that here are the things the Steelers need to do to get back into the win column:
Stop the Run
Eliminate Turnovers
Protect Ben

Join us this Monday night as we talk about the game and cheer our Steelers to a victory! :cope:

:towelwave: :towelwave: :towelwave: :towelwave: :towelwave:

BlitzburghNation
10-30-2008, 04:17 PM
Heard a stat on sirius and I could :barf:
We gained 2 yards inthe 4th Quarter in the Giants game :evilshake:

What really,really,really sucked :moon: for me,,,,:scratch: I was there along with Steelerlyn,Nova & his girlfiend and my cousins were there,,,,,I wanted to throw my towel at BA,,,,,,,,,,We have got to do a better job at play calling,our "D" should contain portis and hopefully our offense will get on track :crossfingers:

STEELERS 24
Skins 13

Dean Denton
10-30-2008, 04:55 PM
Did you just say 2 yards? How long did we have the ball?

This is going to be a tough game because our play calling sucks, BA sucks, our Oline sucks, and our Def cant play for 45 minutes and hope this team can win. Its clear Ben can not continue to play under this kind of Pressure and win games. He will be lucky to see a game in Dec if he keeps getting hit like this. With all that I still like the Steelers in this.

26-23 Steelers in OT......

NOVA STEELERS
10-31-2008, 07:02 AM
What really,really,really sucked :moon: for me,,,,:scratch: I was there along with Steelerlyn,Nova & his girlfiend and my cousins were there,,,,,I wanted to throw my towel at BA,,,,,,,,,,We have got to do a better job at play calling,our "D" should contain portis and hopefully our offense will get on track :crossfingers:

STEELERS 24
Skins 13

:ditto: What SAMICH said :hehheh: Like the stats have shown, you cutt out Portis and the skins will drop like a prom dress :rofl: http://i314.photobucket.com/albums/ll431/DevilDog5150/STEELERS/1261707284_s.gif http://i314.photobucket.com/albums/ll431/DevilDog5150/STEELERS/1261707284_s.gif http://i314.photobucket.com/albums/ll431/DevilDog5150/STEELERS/1261707284_s.gif http://i314.photobucket.com/albums/ll431/DevilDog5150/STEELERS/1261707284_s.gif

STEELERS 27
forskins 13

SteelerNC
10-31-2008, 09:30 AM
STEELERS 27
SKINS 21

yinzer
10-31-2008, 10:13 AM
i was watching the first game of the season against the texans last night. (recorded obviously) one thing i noticed was we were using heath A LOT more. we threw more screens, quick slants, and play-actions. where have these gone?? but, i feel good about this monday night!

Stillers 24
Deadskinz 14

AZ_Steeler
10-31-2008, 01:19 PM
Heath is far better when used in the passing game... they really need to get him involved and keep him involved! :bigthumb:

Dean Denton
10-31-2008, 01:45 PM
Heath is far better when used in the passing game... they really need to get him involved and keep him involved! :bigthumb:
I think we talk about this every week, yet we never see him used like we all think he should be. Why do you think that is? Do they know something we dont?

scott0326
10-31-2008, 01:54 PM
24-14, Willie Parker is supposed to play and split time with Moore, hopefully it works out.

I'm also going to this game, Go Steelers!

BlitzburghNation
10-31-2008, 10:31 PM
Heard on sirius from Adam Caplan that Willie's knee is not even close to a 100% and he will be wearing a knee brace,,,,,,After hearing this , I believe he'll be backing up Moore and only get around 10 carries :popcorn:

BlitzburghNation
10-31-2008, 11:02 PM
Santana Moss is a gametime decision,,,,,,He has a groin issue :popcorn:

yinzer
11-01-2008, 09:46 AM
by the way, the foreskinz aren't giving us too much respect. we need to throttle these jags! :tt02:

Steel Trap86
11-01-2008, 12:55 PM
Everybody watch Monday night as the Steelers Dee take apart the Washington offense. The Steelers are pissed about that loss against the Giants and know they should have won the game. We dont lose 2 in a row.....I think we go in to a hostile environment and dismantle the Skins, they dont stand a chance man. :cope::cope::cope::cope:

:tt02:

Brady Quinn
11-02-2008, 10:48 AM
SKINZ 24
STEELERS 17

SORRY GUYS

TEEMONT
11-02-2008, 03:08 PM
SKINZ 24
STEELERS 17

SORRY GUYS

awwww man...now all is lost...

Steel Trap86
11-03-2008, 10:28 AM
SKINZ 24
STEELERS 17

SORRY GUYS

haha dont apologize for being wrong man.

STEELERS - 28
REDSKINS - 13

thats how you do it! :cope:

jpele
11-03-2008, 12:51 PM
Series History

Series History: Series began in 1933
Overall: Washington leads 43-31-4
At Pittsburgh: Washington leads 22-19-1
At Washington: Washington leads 21-12-3
Neutral Sites: n/a
Last Regular-Season Meeting: Nov. 28, 2004 (in Pittsburgh)
Pittsburgh 16, Washington 7
Postseason Series: n/a
(postseason record included in overall series record)
Pittsburgh owns a 31-43-4 all-time record against the Washington Redskins, including a 12-21-3 record in Washington and a 19-22-1 mark at home...this game will mark the first time these two teams have played a regular-season game in Washington since 1988...Pittsburgh has won the last three versus the Redskins...the Steelers defeated the Redskins 16-7 on Nov. 28, 2004 behind three K Jeff Reed field goals and a four-yard TD run by RB Jerome Bettis...Washington was the Steelers’ opponent on Dec. 16, 2000, for the final game at Three Rivers Stadium, a 24-3 Steelers’ victory...Washington’s last victory in Pittsburgh was on Nov. 17, 1991 (41-14) when Chuck Noll was coaching the Steelers and Joe Gibbs was in his first stint with Washington...the Redskins won the previous meeting between these two teams in Washington on Sept. 11, 1988 (30-29)...overall, the Steelers have lost four straight games in Washington, with their last victory coming Dec. 6, 1964 (14-7).

Steelers-Redskins Connections

Steelers-Redskins Connections: Several Steelers have ties to the Redskins and the Washington D.C. area. Steelers with ties to the Redskins include S Ryan Clark, who played two seasons for the Redskins. Defensive backs coach Ray Horton coached defensive backs for the Redskins from 1994- 96 in his first coaching job. Running backs coach Kirby Wilson also coached for Washington as its running backs coach in 2000. QB Byron Leftwich grew up in Washington, D.C.

Redskins with ties to Pittsburgh include WR Antwaan Randle El, who was the Steelers’ second-round draft pick in the 2002 NFL Draft. He played with the team from 2002-05 and tossed the game-clinching touchdown pass to WR Hines Ward in Super Bowl XL. LB H.B. Blades played collegiately at Pitt while DE Jason Taylor is from Pittsburgh and played at Woodland Hills High. K Shaun Suisham was originally signed by the Steelers as an undrafted rookie free agent in 2005 before being released during training camp that same year. OG Justin Geisinger is from Pittsburgh and went to Mount Lebanon High. Redskins assistant head coach/offense Joe Bugel and special teams coach Danny Smith were both born in Pittsburgh. Offensive coordinator Sherman Smith was born in Youngstown, Ohio.

What To Look For

PITTSBURGH TEAM NOTES

• The Steelers look to improve to 32-43-4 all-time against the Redskins.
• The Steelers look for their first win over an NFC opponent this year.
• The Steelers look to improve to 4-1 on the road this year.
• The Steelers look for their fourth straight win over the Redskins in the series history and their first win on the road against Washington since a 14-7 victory in 1964.
• The Steelers look for their fourth straight win on Monday Night Football.
• The Steelers need six victories to become the first AFC team to reach 550 total victories. Pittsburgh’s all-time record is 544-518-21.

PITTSBURGH INDIVIDUAL NOTES

QB Ben Roethlisberger
• Needs 304 yards passing to move past Kordell Stewart (13,328 yards) into second place on the team’s all-time passing yardage list. Roethlisberger currently has 13,025 passing yards.
• Needs six touchdown passes to become just the second quarterback in team history to throw 100 career touchdown passes (Terry Bradshaw - 212). Roethlisberger currently has 94 career touchdown passes.
• Needs one 300-yard passing game to move into sole possession for second place on the team’s all-time list behind only Tommy Maddox. Roethlisberger currently has four and is tied with Neil O’Donnell.

WR Hines Ward
• Needs one 100-yard receiving game to move into sole possession of second place on the team’s all-time receiving list. He currently has 16, which is tied with Louis Lipps (1984-91).
• Needs 431 yards from scrimmage to reach 10,000 total yards for his career. He currently has 9,539 total yards from scrimmage (9,143 receiving, 426 rushing).

RB Willie Parker
• Needs 79 total yards from scrimmage to move into 10th place on the team’s all-time list. Parker currently has 5,081 total yards from scrimmage.
• Needs one rushing touchdown to move into a tie for eighth place for rushing touchdowns on the team’s all-time list with Rocky Bleier. Parker currently has 22 rushing touchdowns.
• Needs 15 rushing attempts to move into fourth place on the team’s career list ahead of John Henry Johnson (1,025). Parker currently has 1,011 career rushing attempts.

TE Heath Miller
• Needs three touchdown receptions to pass Bennie Cunningham (20) for third on team’s all-time touchdowns list for a tight end. Miller currently has 18 receiving touchdowns.

K Jeff Reed
• Needs two field goals to move past Roy Gerela (146) into second place on the team’s all-time field goals made list. Reed currently has 145 career field goals.

DE Aaron Smith
• Needs 1.5 sacks to move past Ernie Holmes (40) into eighth place on the team’s all-time sacks list. Smith currently has 38.5 career sacks.

Link (http://news.steelers.com/article/98678/)

Moondog
11-03-2008, 02:23 PM
Willie will show why he's a starter, Moore will continue on with his great play. Ben will get back to commanding the offense, the Skins have only 10 sacks all year, that bodes well for the Steelers. The D will blow up the Skin's running game and force Campbell to lose the game.LET'S GO STEELERS!!!!:tt02::tt02::lol::banana::yesnod::clap :

yinzer
11-03-2008, 03:11 PM
SKINZ 24
STEELERS 17

SORRY GUYS

bitter about the way you GAVE the game to the ratbirds sunday??? :lol:

blackngold29
11-03-2008, 03:28 PM
SKINZ 17
STEELERS 24

Fixed. :yellowthumb:

SportsTalkCentral
11-03-2008, 03:41 PM
Let's go Steelers! Take it to em tonight!

Steelers-31
Redskins-0

Yea, I went there.

memphissteelergirl
11-03-2008, 04:19 PM
Time to shut up all the doubters, guys!!

HERE WE GO STEELERS...HERE WE GO!!!

:steelersflag3::steelersflag3:

SteelerSteve
11-03-2008, 04:26 PM
This will be a big game for us and I really think we will bounce back nicely. I dont think that Washington will be able to score very easily due to the fact that Portis is the heart of that offense and running backs simply dont have good games against us.
Pitt-28
Skins-9(all field goals)

BlitzburghRockCity
11-03-2008, 05:45 PM
Must win game tonight, let's get this win and keep the Ratbirds in 2nd place!

SteelfordWexler
11-03-2008, 05:53 PM
Actually Portis had 129 yards against St Louis.

His three lowest games were weeks 1 (84yd L Dallas),2 (96 yds W NO) and 3 (68 yds W Arizona).

Campbell completed 55% v. Dallas, 66% v. NO and 73% v. Arizona.

Stoping the run is very important, but Campbell is not just managing the game. He is playing great football and can win the game for them himself. Stuffing the run will limit how effective play action will be - which will absolutely kill us if we over react to play fakes.

I think this is a very tough test for our D tonight.

lloydfan4life
11-03-2008, 05:56 PM
Let's go Steelers! Take it to em tonight!

Steelers-31
Redskins-0

Yea, I went there.

I like the way you think!! :yellowthumb:

NOVA STEELERS
11-03-2008, 07:03 PM
Portass is banged up, moss is banged up, so a couple of nice licks and they are watchin the game from the trainers table :cope:

steelersgal86
11-03-2008, 07:18 PM
:gosteelers: :steelflash: :gosteelers:

BlitzburghRockCity
11-03-2008, 07:19 PM
moss is going to play tonight according to espn.

but we have Santonio back too!!!

SteelerNC
11-03-2008, 07:20 PM
Must win game tonight, let's get this win and keep the Ratbirds in 2nd place!

Its not a must win yet, but getting close to be one. GO STEELERS!!!!!

Troyisabeast_43
11-03-2008, 07:24 PM
Just heard Chris Kemo is out tonight and Trai Essex will start for him. That could be a huge deal for an offensive line which is already struggling.

Troyisabeast_43
11-03-2008, 07:32 PM
Its not a must win yet, but getting close to be one. GO STEELERS!!!!!

I agree it's not a MUST win tonight by any means. Is it an important game?? Absolutely but at the end of the day whether the Steelers win or lose tonight they will still be in first place at the end of the night and remain the number 2 seed in the AFC. Keep in mind the Steelers still have a 5-0 AFC Conference record and have 3 straight AFC games in a row coming up at home starting Sunday against the Indianapolis Colts. The Steelers have no time whether they win or lose this game tonight to enjoy this win or dwell on the loss because it's a short week and they need to immediately start focusing on the Colts because Manning and company are going to be pumped up coming in here on Sunday after they just beat the Patriots last night. If the Steelers win tonight it will be a great win, but a loss tonight will not end the season or hurt the Steelers playoff chances or anything. They just move on if they lose and get ready for the Colts coming in here on Sunday.

$teelersRule
11-03-2008, 07:34 PM
i think essex has played well when he has stepped in so far this season. he might even be a better pass protector than kemo.

GO STEELERS!:towel:

Infern0
11-03-2008, 07:35 PM
It's been a while boys, but I am back :tt02: Tonights game should be one hell of a matchup, And Portis will put us to work, but the burgh will shut his five game 120 yard streak down. Here we go steelers!

Black@Gold Forever32
11-03-2008, 07:55 PM
See I hate this talk of its not a must win.....Every game is a must win in the NFL since a team only has 16.....Of course I don't expect the Steelers to finish 16-0 every year....But just saying since there is so few games that there should be a certain focus and sense of ergency with every game.....Dropping a game here and there is ok but no losing streaks......I hope the Steelers offense is sharp tonight....I have no worries about the defense even with Clark out....I think the D is ready to take out some frustrations out on the Skins...

blackngold29
11-03-2008, 08:06 PM
See I hate this talk of its not a must win.....Every game is a must win in the NFL since a team only has 16.....Of course I don't expect the Steelers to finish 16-0 every year....But just saying since there is so few games that there should be a certain focus and sense of ergency with every game.....Dropping a game here and there is ok but no losing streaks......I hope the Steelers offense is sharp tonight....I have no worries about the defense even with Clark out....I think the D is ready to take out some frustrations out on the Skins...

I agree about the winning. If we had to lose two games so far, we lost the right ones. Obviously, we wanna win everything we can but division games are most important, conference second, NFC least important. Hopefully we can get a few wins out of the NFC soon though.

lloydfan4life
11-03-2008, 08:09 PM
WTF??
Chris Carter just said Jeff George was a better QB than Ben! :duh:
What a friggen moron!

Black@Gold Forever32
11-03-2008, 08:10 PM
I agree about the winning. If we had to lose two games so far, we lost the right ones. Obviously, we wanna win everything we can but division games are most important, conference second, NFC least important. Hopefully we can get a few wins out of the NFC soon though.

Only tough division game that will be tough for this team left is in Baltimore........I think the Steelers will handle the Bengals and Browns in Pittsburgh.....Since Mike Tomlin has been HC this team hasn't beaten many quality teams and the Steelers have struggled on the road for the most part....So tonight is a big night for Tomlin to prove this team can win on the road and against a very good football team.....That is why the game is huge for me tonight...I have some doubts about Mike Tomlin and this game will ease some of my doubts some....

Stairwayto7
11-03-2008, 08:26 PM
Lets get it on! 5 minutes!

Stairwayto7
11-03-2008, 08:28 PM
I am ready for some football! Emmitt rocks, stuart and steve suck, Coach sucks. Key sucks. Chris is alright. Tom - rules. Boomer - love the guy

Troyisabeast_43
11-03-2008, 08:29 PM

I agree completely that this is definitely by no means a MUST win tonight at all. There should be a sense of urgency as you stated with this game tonight just to get back on track and beat a good team and that's it. As I stated all a loss means tonight is the Steelers are in a tie for first place with the Ravens and still ahead of them by virtue of beating them head to head. They still will not have an AFC loss after tonight if they do happen to lose to the Redskins, and have 3 straight AFC games in a row coming up at Heinz Field the next 3 weeks that are very winnable games. I know there will be a lot of panic on this board tonight should the Steelers lose, but keep in mind the Steelers will still be in very good shape going into the final 8 games of the season.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-03-2008, 08:30 PM
No game is a must game at the midway point in the season unless you are winless or only have 1 or 2 wins under your belt.

Still though this team needs to hold onto that lead in the division and get on a roll. We lose tonight and it will be harder to recover next week. We have to be consistent and that starts back up tonight.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-03-2008, 08:31 PM
lots of terrible towels out there at FedEx field tonight!! :tt02:

LarryNJ
11-03-2008, 08:31 PM
Let's do it! Get off to a quick start and shut that crowd up. That is a great stadium though, I went to a game there 2 years ago.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-03-2008, 08:32 PM
I agree completely that this is definitely by no means a MUST win tonight at all. There should be a sense of urgency as you stated with this game tonight just to get back on track and beat a good team and that's it. As I stated all a loss means tonight is the Steelers are in a tie for first place with the Ravens and still ahead of them by virtue of beating them head to head. They still will not have an AFC loss after tonight if they do happen to lose to the Redskins, and have 3 straight AFC games in a row coming up at Heinz Field the next 3 weeks that are very winnable games. I know there will be a lot of panic on this board tonight should the Steelers lose, but keep in mind the Steelers will still be in very good shape going into the final 8 games of the season.

I don't panic.......I will be my normal self.....If the team plays well and even loses then I will give them credit....If they stink up the joint then I will blast them.....That is the way I am....But Here We Go Steelers.....Lets Scalp The Skins.....lol

LarryNJ
11-03-2008, 08:35 PM
I hope none of those cheerleaders were stretching in front of Ben! ;)

BlitzburghRockCity
11-03-2008, 08:38 PM
lets start out strong and get the crowd out of it! Comon guys!!

BlitzburghRockCity
11-03-2008, 08:42 PM
you have GOT to be kidding me, an onside kick!!! can you tell me how we just did that and it didnt work!!!????? plus a 5yd penalty...we not just give them a TD right now

LarryNJ
WTF...that's not a good start

blackngold29
I dunno about that one

BlitzburghRockCity
11-03-2008, 08:43 PM
Reed did not sell that onside near enough, he slowed down and the skins saw it coming.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-03-2008, 08:44 PM
they're gonna go for it here 4th down

BlitzburghRockCity
nope nevermind, FG time.

BlitzburghRockCity
Thanks Tomlin you just gave them 3 free points to start the game.

LarryNJ
11-03-2008, 08:45 PM
Well now that we spotted them 3 points, let's play the game.

BlitzburghRockCity
Credit the D for stopping Portis, good series but should never have been that close.

blackngold29
Trivia time: IF the Steelers got the onside kick, but still had the off-side penalty what happens? Rekikc?

BlitzburghRockCity
11-03-2008, 08:46 PM
Good to see Moore back there returning kicks now.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-03-2008, 08:48 PM
they are blitzing already...look out

BlitzburghRockCity
11-03-2008, 08:48 PM
well isn't that just great, a **** poor onsides kick and now a batted pass that is intercepted.

$teelersRule
11-03-2008, 08:49 PM
come on!!!

LarryNJ
what the hell did Starks do there?

BlitzburghRockCity
good coverage by Ike to break up that sure TD

SteelersfaninPhilly
WTF DAM IT

blackngold29
what the hell did Starks do there?

Blocking a guy who didn't need it.

BlitzburghNation
11-03-2008, 08:50 PM
What a friggin start,,,,,,,,,,,guess we'll be sptting them 6 :rant2:

BlitzburghRockCity
11-03-2008, 08:51 PM
great breakup by Polamalu...another 3 and out but theya re in FG range again.

Black@Gold Forever32
Thanks Tomlin you just gave them 3 free points to start the game.

Tomlin is a stooge.....lol He is a joke.....I understand if we would have recovered it then it would have looked brilliant.....But I don't like starting the game off with a surprise onside......Thank God the defense is good...lol

BlitzburghNation
What a DEFENSE :towelwave:

LarryNJ
Blocking a guy who didn't need it.

He looked up at the ball than turned away and blocked? Why not bat it down?

We're lucky to only be down 6

BlitzburghRockCity
now for the love of God can we do something on offense please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SteelerNC
11-03-2008, 08:52 PM
skins 6-0

now its time to play

BlitzburghNation
now for the love of God can we do something on offense please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:ditto: What TG said :pray:

McNabbulous5
Steelers Defense definitely showed up to play tonight. Thats awesome that they only held them to 2 FG's

BlitzburghRockCity
if you're gonna do an onsides kick then you better sell it better....running up to kick and then slowing down just tells everyone what you're doing..I mean seriously!! jeebus that was bad!

Troyisabeast_43
11-03-2008, 08:53 PM
Man we might as well have handed the Redskins 6 points there because they didnt even get a first down yet in this game and have a 6-0 lead already. God that's very frustrating to watch...

BlitzburghRockCity
Hey Tippy!! good to see ya bro

MOTORKRAFT
Tomlin is a stooge.....lol He is a joke.....I understand if we would have recovered it then it would have looked brilliant.....But I don't like starting the game off with a surprise onside......Thank God the defense is good...lol
Agreed

Brady Quinn
11-03-2008, 08:54 PM
ONSIDE KICKS FOR OBAMA

BlitzburghNation
Steelers Defense definitely showed up to play tonight. Thats awesome that they only held them to 2 FG's

Holy Crap,,,,,,,,,,I love your name,been :haha: since i read it :clap:

blackngold29
What's our longest return this year? 20 yards? Starting on the 30 yard line?

Stairwayto7
I`m sick so far. I know its early but what the @#$%^&*()_

McNabbulous5
11-03-2008, 08:55 PM
Hey Tippy!! good to see ya bro

Hey good to see you too!

Stairwayto7
11-03-2008, 08:56 PM
I would have let MM start and played willie sparingly, MM has the hot hand.

Troyisabeast_43
What's our longest return this year? 20 yards? Starting on the 30 yard line?

I agree this return game just cannot muster up any kind of field position at all to help this offense out. Very important series here we gotta at least move the ball and pick up some first downs.

$teelersRule
alright guys im going to my friends room to watch the game, he has a bigger tv. i will be back later.

BlitzburghRockCity
looks like arians is going to run on first down all damn night again!!!

blackngold29
11-03-2008, 08:57 PM
I would have let MM start and played willie sparingly, MM has the hot hand.

They should alternate, Parker on 1st, M on 2nd. Like they said they would with Mendy...but never did.

LarryNJ
11-03-2008, 08:58 PM
you should never miss that pass

Stairwayto7
11-03-2008, 08:59 PM
Me must get Miller the ball

BlitzburghRockCity
11-03-2008, 08:59 PM
once again we can't block and ben goes down..nothing ever changes.

Stairwayto7
11-03-2008, 09:00 PM
How can they have 10 men on the line , and we cant get a man open?????????????

BlitzburghRockCity
this team just pisses me off to no end...for the love of God we cannot pickup the blitz!!

Stairwayto7
Can our defensive linemen block, maybe we should switch

Troyisabeast_43
Not a good start here at all to this game...Ben just continues to get sacked and hold onto the ball too damn long...

Stairwayto7
11-03-2008, 09:01 PM
Blitz? and thats all thier gonna do, they didn`t have to look far to see that we cant handle the blitz.

MOTORKRAFT
Getting outcoached pretty good right now.

Stairwayto7
How about no huddle all ready, something has to give.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-03-2008, 09:02 PM
looks like arians is going to run on first down all damn night again!!!

One of my biggest complaints......Its so predictable...You might catch the defense off guard if the Steelers actually called a pass play on first down....I must say I'm so tired of Arians.....Tomlin keeps rising on my list as well......Tomlin is over his head as a HC....

Stairwayto7
11-03-2008, 09:02 PM
Getting outcoached pretty good right now.

I could coach a defense against our O, just blitz

SteelerNC
11-03-2008, 09:04 PM
LETS GO PITTSBURGH

Troyisabeast_43
11-03-2008, 09:06 PM
Thats bullshit the false start occured before the timeout it should have been a penalty. There is no way that was at the sametime...

BlitzburghRockCity
11-03-2008, 09:06 PM
if our defense doesn't keep stepping up we're in trouble.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-03-2008, 09:07 PM
I could coach a defense against our O, just blitz

Yep....We have an OL that can't block, WR's that can't separate consistently and QB that can't read the bltiz to save his life......Yes the players have to excute but in my opinion our HC and OC are doing a **** poor job preparing them.....

MOTORKRAFT
Lets start the game with an onside kick. It's Monday night, their home field, they won't be ready.:banging:

BlitzburghRockCity
nice job Defense, batted it down. 4th down. punt FINALLY

Bombhunter
11-03-2008, 09:08 PM
Thank god for the defense...

BlitzburghRockCity
we're lucky that kick went into the endzone.

Stairwayto7
Something right wow

Bombhunter
11-03-2008, 09:09 PM
just avoided a safety right there with it bounding into the endzone...there is a positive...

Stairwayto7
we're lucky that kick went into the endzone.

Yeah that was our best gain of the night

BlitzburghRockCity
our defense can't keep this up all night without some help...Ben has got to do something now. Break out the no huddle and stop screwing around. get this offense moving!

Troyisabeast_43
11-03-2008, 09:10 PM
Defense has brought their A game thus far in this first quarter. With the exception of the Portis run the Skins have not been able to do anything so far. They gave them the 6 points with the onside kick and interception. I am confident if the offense can get things going that the Steelers can shut the Skins offense down enough to win this game...

Stairwayto7
11-03-2008, 09:10 PM
our defense can't keep this up all night without some help...Ben has got to do something now. Break out the no huddle and stop screwing around. get this offense moving!

Exactly! At this rate our D will be tired by half time

Bombhunter
11-03-2008, 09:11 PM
i bet if there was a pot leaf on there he would've caught it

BlitzburghRockCity
thats 2 drops for holmes..thanks buddy!

Bombhunter
punt it now...

Bombhunter
11-03-2008, 09:12 PM
outstanding series there

Stairwayto7
11-03-2008, 09:12 PM
Not even one @#$%^&*()_+ yard

BlitzburghRockCity
11-03-2008, 09:13 PM
Holmes didn't look back on the hot read...this team just absolutely is completely clueless on offense and Tomlin is a complete dipstick for not making a change and fixing it. 100 million dollar QB and we can't do a damn thing.

MOTORKRAFT
Ben is starting to get pissed. That's a good thing.

SteelersfaninPhilly
Nice gameplan :banging:

LarryNJ
11-03-2008, 09:14 PM
well it looks like the D is going to have to get a TO

Troyisabeast_43
11-03-2008, 09:14 PM
If Berger is not 100 percent healthy he should not be in there period. He is still limping bad after he punts everytime. Tomlin really looks like an idiot so far tonight in this game...

BlitzburghRockCity
11-03-2008, 09:15 PM
my God this quarter is dragging...

Bombhunter
11-03-2008, 09:16 PM
thank god for the defense....again

Bombhunter
11-03-2008, 09:17 PM
fumble? pick 6?

Troyisabeast_43
11-03-2008, 09:17 PM
The defense is doing the job tonight so far bigtime...Eventually the offense is going to move the ball here and the Skins not taking advantage of this good field position is going to cost them I think...

Bombhunter
11-03-2008, 09:18 PM
15 yards...on first down...

BlitzburghRockCity
11-03-2008, 09:18 PM
wait what's that, a first down??????????????

Bombhunter
11-03-2008, 09:19 PM
rotting christ...Ben had time that time...WTF is wrong with him?

LarryNJ
11-03-2008, 09:20 PM
3drop passes

BlitzburghRockCity
11-03-2008, 09:20 PM
can we suck anymore I mean how many times do we have to see the same thing.

Bombhunter
11-03-2008, 09:21 PM
I want an interception in the worst way...

BlitzburghRockCity
11-03-2008, 09:22 PM
end of the first quarter..atleast the defense is playing alright..that's about it.

Troyisabeast_43
11-03-2008, 09:22 PM
Portis appears to be hurt he was limping pretty bad off the field there....If the Skins lose him that will be huge...

Bombhunter
11-03-2008, 09:23 PM
this must be how Raiders fans feel...

Black@Gold Forever32
11-03-2008, 09:24 PM
Nobody defend Tomlin anymore........I'm sorry he is as much to blame as the OL, Ben, the WRs not separating...

Troyisabeast_43
The defense has not allowed the Skins to convert a 3rd down yet in this game...The Steelers at some point however have got to change the field position in this game because right now they are living on their own side of the field...

LarryNJ
Well I guess for as ****** as we played we are in pretty good shape after the 1st. I think we are going to need a score from the D tonight.

MOTORKRAFT
this must be how Raiders fans feel...
They expect it we don't.

blackngold29
BOOM!

Bombhunter
11-03-2008, 09:25 PM
goddamn I love watching this defense play

BlitzburghRockCity
nice sack by harrison and Farrior

SteelersfaninPhilly
here is hoping there is a better second quarter

Bombhunter
They expect it we don't.
we should by now...

LarryNJ
11-03-2008, 09:26 PM
Well there's a good move from Tomlin! He ultimately gets all the credit or grief but let the players start blocking, running & catching.

Bombhunter
11-03-2008, 09:27 PM
jesus f'n christ...

BlitzburghRockCity
11-03-2008, 09:28 PM
plays like that just epitomize this joke of an offense. 3rd and 2 and you throw a 1 yd pass that goes nowhere.

Troyisabeast_43
11-03-2008, 09:29 PM
Berger is clearly not 100 percent. That was a chance right there to gain field position punting from your own 40 and he only punts it to the 30 effin yard line...I mean does Mike Tomlin watch Berger punt in practice with a pair of blinders on or something...WTF

MOTORKRAFT
11-03-2008, 09:30 PM
Arians is Tomlins fault, Zeirlien is Arians fault, Tomlin is the Rooneys fault. LeBeau should b***h slap all of them.

TheButt
11-03-2008, 09:30 PM
We have to have the most poorly designed and executed plays in the entire NFL.

The Stillers are horrible right now.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-03-2008, 09:31 PM
Its safe to say the Steelers won't even win the AFC North if they continue to **** the bed against quality teams.....lol Baltimore Ravens 2008 AFC North Champs.....lol That is sad since they have Joe Flacco and no WRs worth a damn on offense....But the Ravens look like the 94 49ers on offense compared to our offense right now....lol

BlitzburghRockCity
11-03-2008, 09:32 PM
great persuit by the defense...outstanding effort.

Bombhunter
We have to have the most poorly designed and executed plays in the entire NFL.

The Stillers are horrible right now.

No...the Offense is horrible

LarryNJ
Keep in mind that the NFL top D
Steelers, Ravens, Giants, Redskins & Eagles. These are good defensive teams that we have played.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-03-2008, 09:33 PM
well that return is coming back, what else is new.

blackngold29
Gee Holmes, if you aren't gonna catch the ball atleast return one.

Dee Mca
Well at least our defense showed up. Someone needs to call the hotel and find the offense!!!!!

TampaSteelGirl
Another week we look like an offensive special olympics!! I'm getting sick of this inconsistency! If Baltimore takes over the division they deserve it, we look horrible and don't deserve it playing this way! THis is so frustrating!

blackngold29
11-03-2008, 09:36 PM
WWoooooooo

LarryNJ
Thank goodness..finally a break.

Bombhunter
should get at least 3 here

SteelerNC
11-03-2008, 09:37 PM
we need 7

Bombhunter
11-03-2008, 09:38 PM
oh wow, look, he didn't catch it...again...***

blackngold29
Get that man some drugs, he needs to concentrate

SteelerNC
catch it holmes

Bombhunter
go smoke some more pot you worthless pos...

Black@Gold Forever32
Keep in mind that the NFL top D
Steelers, Ravens, Giants, Redskins & Eagles. These are good defensive teams that we have played.

Your point.......If this team wants tom compete in the play-offs then I'm sure they will run into some good defenses in the play-offs....I judge this team against the best and when they play like shiat against the best its not a good sign....

SteelerNC
we need a 1st down here

LarryNJ
11-03-2008, 09:39 PM
How can they call that a great D play? Holmes shoould of caught that ball. That's 3 tonight he should have.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-03-2008, 09:39 PM
Ben, Holmes, Ward, the OL, Tomlin, and Arians can **** themselves right now...What a bunch of crap from all of them.....

TampaSteelGirl
11-03-2008, 09:40 PM
Roll the man another fatty!

Bombhunter
11-03-2008, 09:41 PM
that'll do

blackngold29
11-03-2008, 09:42 PM
Where's Heeeeeth?

Bombhunter
11-03-2008, 09:43 PM
oh, now there is a surprise

Bombhunter
11-03-2008, 09:43 PM
at least they won't be shutout

BlitzburghRockCity
11-03-2008, 09:44 PM
wow an offensive explosion for a whole 3 points!

LarryNJ
Well that's a win..used some clock, got the D a little rest and got 3 points.

TampaSteelGirl
Could there have been a bigger hole for Ben to run to to get tothe first down? What the hell was he waiting for??? He could have had the first down!!!!

Dee Mca
Heath was the guy that talked spaeth on 2nd down. He must be confused.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-03-2008, 09:45 PM
each QB has a total of 27 yds passing tonight

Troyisabeast_43
Matt Spaeth is a complete stiff he should have got that first down as big of a guy that he is at 6'7 he shouldnt be afraid of running into people like he looked like he was on that play there...

Black@Gold Forever32
Ben had Moore along the side line on that 3rd down...He didn't see him as usual.....lol Moore had a chance to pick up the first.....Ben get your head out of your ***....

MOTORKRAFT
11-03-2008, 09:46 PM
Only down by 3. amazing.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-03-2008, 09:49 PM
holding offense, move it back!! i love the way the D is playing gap sound and not letting Portis get going.

Bombhunter
11-03-2008, 09:51 PM
slipped on that patch of weed...you see that?

LarryNJ
Kornhole is annoying again,

Dee Mca
Only reason we still in this game is b/c of the "D". Need to shake the "O" up go no huddle put moore in do something trick play, put sweed in!!!

BlitzburghNation
well our offense is better than Oaklands,,,,,They had 77 total yards yesterday :haha:

Bombhunter
oh, that was too close

BlitzburghRockCity
for God sake who in the **** were you throwing too!!

Dee Mca
11-03-2008, 09:52 PM
Ward was wide open across the middle

Bombhunter
11-03-2008, 09:53 PM
please....come on!

BlitzburghRockCity
once again a dysfunctional offense sputters again.

Bombhunter
inept...

Bombhunter
11-03-2008, 09:54 PM
retkofski is having a rough day...

Black@Gold Forever32
11-03-2008, 09:55 PM
Ben is seeing the field like ****.......Hines drops a key 3rd down pass....Holmes must be high tonight.....No more passing since I have lost complete faith in our QB, WRs....lol I never thought I would say that but right now they suck big fat donkey balls.....

MOTORKRAFT
Did you see Tomlins reaction to Bens (should have been pick 6)? Smile, little wink, hand clap. That's the problem. He will never be coach Noll or even Cower. Too weak, too soft.

LarryNJ
Yes he is...but he's making much more this week than last! :)

Bombhunter
11-03-2008, 09:56 PM
4th down...

BlitzburghRockCity
11-03-2008, 09:56 PM
wow that should be close....we held em, whew. punt it away.

Bombhunter
11-03-2008, 09:57 PM
for the love of god THIS DEFENSE RULES!!!!!!

blackngold29
Haha! YEah!!!

Dee Mca
Blocked punt baby goooooo special teams

BlitzburghRockCity
WOW a blocked punt!!! Now THAT was great !!! comon Ben let's score right now don't blow this!

LarryNJ
What a call by Tor! hahahaha

Bombhunter
positive vibes...lets go STEELERS!@!!@!@

Bombhunter
11-03-2008, 09:58 PM
customary sack...

LarryNJ
11-03-2008, 09:58 PM
Who fell down on that play?

BlitzburghNation
11-03-2008, 09:59 PM
:cursin: DAMMIT :cursin: Throw it away :rant2:

Bombhunter
11-03-2008, 09:59 PM
Who fell down on that play?

Ben...gravity is pulling extra hard on him this year...

Black@Gold Forever32
11-03-2008, 10:00 PM
Ben will never throw the ball away...I know its a chip shot for skippy Reed right now but still I don't want to lose yards.....Ben is playing like a complete dolt...lol Any hope the offense actually scores a TD....lol

Troyisabeast_43
Put Leftwich in if they dont score here because I am getting really irritated with Ben holding on to the effin ball and not throwing it away or doing something with it...This is a MUST score here...You cannot get a punt block and get the ball the opponents 10 yard line and not score off of it....FOR GOD'S SAKES ARIANS AND TOMLIN USE HEATH MILLER DOWN HERE IN THE ****ING RED ZONE WHAT THE **** ARE YOU WAITING FOR....

Bombhunter
field goal is simply unacceptable....need a td...

LarryNJ
A reciever on the right

Dee Mca
Is it leftwhich or dixion time yet?

Bombhunter
11-03-2008, 10:01 PM
oh...they are gonna blow it...

BlitzburghRockCity
11-03-2008, 10:01 PM
...as we squander away this perfect chance to score a TD

LarryNJ
11-03-2008, 10:02 PM
They were looking for Miller on the sack..he fell

Bombhunter
pot head caught it...

blackngold29
Alert the Presses! He caught one

Dee Mca
I've seen better playcalling in highschool football game

blackngold29
11-03-2008, 10:03 PM
Holy close Batman!

Bombhunter
beautiful throw!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
That was the best pass by Ben in 2 weeks..a perfect strike to Hines.

Bombhunter
where is Jarome? we need him right here...

Troyisabeast_43
11-03-2008, 10:05 PM
Did Heath Miller get hurt I do not see him there they are using Spaeth it looks like now...If that is the case its a huge huge blow...

Dee Mca
Put Mchugh and Davis in backfield with Moore

BlitzburghRockCity
Don't blow this chance Tomlin, we need a TD here plain and simple.

LarryNJ
Kornhole doesn't like all the terrible towels! hahahaha

Bombhunter
11-03-2008, 10:06 PM
TOUCHDOWN BENNY!!!

SteelerNC
TOUCHDOWN>>>>YES

BlitzburghRockCity
Touchdown, nice job Ben on the sneak. Im afraid to get mroe excited than that.

blackngold29
Here we go Stillers! HERE WE GOOOO!

Moondog
Allehuia!

SteelerNC
thank god

blackngold29
11-03-2008, 10:07 PM
This lead brought to you by the letter: D

Black@Gold Forever32
How in the flying **** are the Steelers winning this game?....Of course the defense but by no means should this team be winning....lol

Black@Gold Forever32
Ben to the locker room....lol

LarryNJ
11-03-2008, 10:08 PM
Under valued? Play beter Ben. They aren't under valued.

Dee Mca
11-03-2008, 10:08 PM
That don't sound good Byron warming up

blackngold29
11-03-2008, 10:09 PM
Under valued? Play beter Ben. They aren't under valued.

Maybe not all on Ben, but O-line. Definately agree. He shouldn't say stuff like that, just win the game.

BlitzburghRockCity
Wood with the sack, that's 4 tonight for the D.

MOTORKRAFT
I like Tomlin because he is likeable. He needs to grow a back bone because he just refered to Arians before that touchdown. Don't believe it look at the replays.

LarryNJ
11-03-2008, 10:10 PM
Maybe not all on Ben, but O-line. Definately agree. He shouldn't say stuff like that, just win the game.

You're right, I only said Ben because they quoted him.

LarryNJ
11-03-2008, 10:13 PM
I'd rather see yesterdays highlights

Troyisabeast_43
11-03-2008, 10:13 PM
Craig Wolfley just said Miller left the game with an ankle sprain...That cannot be good news at all you know how long those can take to heal sometimes especially if they are high ankle sprains...

Black@Gold Forever32
11-03-2008, 10:17 PM
Craig Wolfley just said Miller left the game with an ankle sprain...That cannot be good news at all you know how long those can take to heal sometimes especially if they are high ankle sprains...

They don't use Miller in the passing game anyway and is vastly over-rated as a blocker....Spaeth is worse but just saying Miller is so under used it won't even matter....lol

BlitzburghRockCity
11-03-2008, 10:17 PM
Well it's up to Spaeth then to pick up the slack. He's got the size and now he needs to deliver. Hopefully it's not a high ankle sprain for Heath though.