PDA

View Full Version : Will Anthony Smith get any playing time this year?

BlitzburghRockCity
10-30-2008, 08:44 AM
Other than if injuries are the cause, which I hope to God we don't have any more especially at that position. Reading this article in the PG (http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08304/923970-66.stm) this morning it talks about Smith and how he's frustrated with the lack of playing time this year.

Did he really think with Clark coming back and Troy being healthy and playing well again that he was going to get the nod over either of those too???? Now with Clark down it looks like he'll continue to ride the pine.

yinzer
10-30-2008, 10:15 AM
sadly....................NO. maybe the coaches see something we don't. ty, i like to miss tackles and get burnt regularly, carter is NOT the answer this week.

memphissteelergirl
10-30-2008, 10:27 AM
Maybe he (Smith) hasn't been that productive in practices, or still paying the price for that idiotic shot he took on Hines in TC. Who knows?

I think talent-wise he is leaps and bounds over Tyrone. But still a knucklehead...he has a lot of maturing to do.

:imho:

AZ_Steeler
10-30-2008, 12:57 PM
I wish he would get to play... that's really the only way is going to matutre and learnt he ropes is to get in there and play. Yes, he has made a bunch of mistakes but most people learn from them.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-30-2008, 01:16 PM
He was playing pretty good last year right up until he guaranteed that win over the Pats. After Brady burnt him twice for TD's everything fell apart and he hasn't been the same since. Carter is just average at best and is always out of position. Either way we're screwed but right now starting either one is probably not going to be any better or worse than starting the other.

scott0326
10-31-2008, 02:52 PM
Anthony Smith could be playing sooner then thought, Troy Polamalu's wife is expecting a baby soon and there is a chance Polamalu will miss Mondays game.
http://rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&hl=129137&id=681

roy Polamalu's wife is close to delivering a baby boy and he wouldn't commit Thursday to playing on Monday night if she goes into labor.
"I don’t know. We’ll see what happens," Polamalu said. "She's due soon...any time now." Steelers coach Mike Tomlin typically makes exceptions for players tending to personal matters and is supportive. However, the odds that Polamalu's wife has the baby just before game time probably aren't all that great.

Dean Denton
10-31-2008, 04:48 PM
Dude, I'm sorry but does he lose a game check if he misses the game for this? I dont think he should be excused if he is having a baby. Sorry this is how I feel about it. He gets paid alot of money to be on that field,and his wife, and himself should understand that. They make more than enough money to plan out having babies,and this should have been done during the off season...IMO
Someone for the Red Sox went through this, this last year, and the city was up in arms over this. And thats just Baseball, where they play 2000 games in a season. Fottball you only get 16, and each game matters alot.

Troyisabeast_43
10-31-2008, 04:56 PM
Dude, I'm sorry but does he lose a game check if he misses the game for this? I dont think he should be excused if he is having a baby. Sorry this is how I feel about it. He gets paid alot of money to be on that field,and his wife, and himself should understand that. They make more than enough money to plan out having babies,and this should have been done during the off season...IMO
Someone for the Red Sox went through this, this last year, and the city was up in arms over this. And thats just Baseball, where they play 2000 games in a season. Fottball you only get 16, and each game matters alot.

I agree with you Dean and I am one of the biggest Troy fans there is around but like you said this was just poor preperation by Troy in terms of having a kid. This secondary is already a mess with McFadden out and Clark out as well. If Troy has to miss this game that is a major major blow. How many more hits does this secondary have to take?? If this game is close and the secondary of Carter and Smith gives up a key play in this game which very well could happen I will be really irritated. I dont want to hear Tomlin coming out after the game saying that the standard of expectation doesnt change bullshit that he always uses when guys are out and fill in. Maybe for one guy that is legit to say but when you're missing McFadden,Clark,and Troy and replacing them essentially with Gay,Carter and Anthony Smith it's not even close to being the same. And if Mike Tomlin thinks that and says otherwise he has no business even coaching this Steelers team.

Dean Denton
10-31-2008, 05:00 PM
I agree with you Dean and I am one of the biggest Troy fans there is around but like you said this was just poor preperation by Troy in terms of having a kid. This secondary is already a mess with McFadden out and Clark out as well. If Troy has to miss this game that is a major major blow. How many more hits does this secondary have to take?? If this game is close and the secondary of Carter and Smith gives up a key play in this game which very well could happen I will be really irritated. I dont want to hear Tomlin coming out after the game saying that the standard of expectation doesnt change bullshiat that he always uses when guys are out and fill in. Maybe for one guy that is legit to say but when you're missing McFadden,Clark,and Troy and replacing them essentially with Gay,Carter and Anthony Smith it's not even close to being the same. And if Mike Tomlin thinks that and says otherwise he has no business even coaching this Steelers team. Thank you...I thought I was going to get called a Nazi for thinking he needed to play. Glad I'm not the only one that feels Troy is obligated to play.

And dont be so fast to say your the biggest Troy fan because that guy is my HERO....

Troyisabeast_43
10-31-2008, 05:23 PM
Thank you...I thought I was going to get called a Nazi for thinking he needed to play. Glad I'm not the only one that feels Troy is obligated to play.

And dont be so fast to say your the biggest Troy fan because that guy is my HERO....

No I totally agree with you completely. It's not a knock on Troy having a kid or anything because I think it's great for him and his wife. This just has been a bizzare couple of weeks here with Holmes and the drug thing, Aaron Smith and his kid being sick, the constant injuries during the game especially the one to Greg Warren which you would never see coming and expect it to cost the Steelers a game which it did . I mean it's getting very aggrevating enough and now to hear that Troy might miss this game when the secondary is a complete mess and a big reason why the Steelers lost last week to the Giants is very disturbing to hear. I mean it's not a MUST win game against the Skins this week but a win here puts the Steelers at 6-2 and either a game up still on Baltimore if they win at 5-3 and 3 games up on Cleveland at 3-5. Or if the Browns win it keeps the Steelers up 2 full games on both of them at 6-2 to their 4-4 records with 3 straight home games coming up.

Thank goodness this is the last Monday night game and late night game other then the Thursday night game against the Bengals in a few weeks which I wont mind much since it will be happening right after another game. The Steelers I swear to god are the only NFL team this season that has not played 3 straight Sunday afternoon games at either 1 or 415. I swear the NFL gave the Steelers this whacky times schedule on purpose to make the schedule even more difficult then it already was to begin with. I mean you look around the league no other team in the NFL has had to play this many night games so far this season on different days and times, and so few Sunday afternoon games in a row except the Steelers.

MOTORKRAFT
10-31-2008, 05:37 PM
Does Troy have other children? Has he ever witnessed the birth of a child? If the answers to these questions are yes, he needs to play. If the answer is no, he needs to take my advice and play. People say seeing that happen is a miracle, what happens may be a miracle, but seeing it happen is not so good.:yikes:

Dean Denton
10-31-2008, 06:11 PM
Does Troy have other children? Has he ever witnessed the birth of a child? If the answers to these questions are yes, he needs to play. If the answer is no, he needs to take my advice and play. People say seeing that happen is a miracle, what happens may be a miracle, but seeing it happen is not so good.:yikes:
Thats funny... I was there for the birth of both of my daughters, and I loved it. Its a great feeling cutting the cord and watching them come into the world. I did most of the work on the second child. Hell, the DR only really would come to check on her, then to pull Baby Lambert out. I was having to do all the breathing, talking to her, all that jazz.

Still, I'm not a football player making millions, and Troy should be at the game. Only people like Shawn Alexander miss games for this, and he even came late to the game because of it. Only missed about 2 quarters...

JensK
11-01-2008, 12:01 PM
I just kind of stumpled over this, but i thought ya'll should see it..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLTXH5ZNDwg

I miss Anthony on the field!

ejsteeler
11-03-2008, 11:33 AM
You guys are nuts. Familiy is more important than anything, I don't care what you're getting paid. Planning a family, yeah, that's real easy. Get a grip folks! :rant2: