PDA

View Full Version : Is there anyone more fickle than sports media?

BlitzburghRockCity
10-16-2006, 10:41 PM
NFL in particular since we're a Steelers forum but the same can be said for any sports media outlet. We were 1-3 and everybody ragged on us, said we're terrible, what's wrong with us, Ben has lost it :blah: ..now we win a game and all of the sudden everybody says we're back. I got news for ya people, we'll be here all year long ! :tt02:

Same with the ratbirds, they were 4-0 and everybody jumped on the bandwagon, oh McNair is go great, the defense is so great, Billick is a great coach, now they lose 2 in a row and everybody wakes and see's what we've been saying since opening weekend.

Stayin in the AFCN, the bengals were 3-0 and touted as a top 3 team in the league, now they lose 2 games and everybody sees they can't stop the run and they can't put teams away.

Make up mind already people !!!!! :nono:

House of Steel
10-16-2006, 10:42 PM
Media are idiots. Plain and simple.

On the verge of 3,000.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-16-2006, 10:43 PM
I wonder what they'll say if the Cards beat the Bears tonight :nonod:

Black@Gold Forever32
10-16-2006, 10:45 PM
I don't pay attention to the media. Look at the Colts they are the media darlings every year and they fall apart in the playoffs.

House of Steel
10-16-2006, 10:51 PM
Good Point, B@GF32. I don't listen to ESPN anymore. I do watch the NFL Today just to listen in on the Steelers news. I get my Steelers news mainly from Steelers.com and Post-Gazette since they both are legit and truthful.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-16-2006, 10:56 PM
Good Point, B@GF32. I don't listen to ESPN anymore. I do watch the NFL Today just to listen in on the Steelers news. I get my Steelers news mainly from Steelers.com and Post-Gazette since they both are legit and truthful.

I'm a member of ESPN Insider since being an Insider memember I can look up articles from the Post- Gazette and other Pittsburgh area newspappers. But I could care less what the media thinks about the Steelers. I love when they dog the Steelers anyway.

House of Steel
10-16-2006, 10:57 PM
Sometimes when they Dog the Steelers, they see that stuff and it fires them up, I guess something pissed them off this past week to fuel the fire enough to steamroll over the Chiefs, now I hope this keeps up.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-16-2006, 10:59 PM
Sometimes when they Dog the Steelers, they see that stuff and it fires them up, I guess something pissed them off this past week to fuel the fire enough to steamroll over the Chiefs, now I hope this keeps up.

Yep the players always say they don't pay attention to the media. But they do and when they read negative stuff they get pissed. I hope it keeps up as well.