PDA

View Full Version : Holmes Statement

BR7
10-27-2008, 03:38 PM
http://news.steelers.com/article/98168/

Statement by Steelers Wide Receiver Santonio Holmes

I would like to apologize to my teammates, the Steelers organization, my family and the fans for my actions that caused me to miss Sunday’s game. I recognize that I made a mistake and understand the significance of my actions, and will not make any excuses for my behavior. I look forward to putting this behind me and to being accepted by my teammates and the fans as part of this team.

At this time, I plan to focus all of my efforts on helping our team win on the field and achieve its ultimate goal, and will not address this situation publicly in the future.

hmm. Thought there would be a little more to it. Looks like the typical cookie cutter reply for doing bad things in the NFL. Pacmans is a little more indepth.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-27-2008, 03:42 PM
Less is better, if you ramble on too much people think it's fake..if you don't ramble on enough people think you don't really care so either way you're screwed. In case though he said enough IMO and he'll be welcome back to the team and the fans Im sure without an issue. As soon as he makes a big play or scores a TD they'll be cheering like always.

ejsteeler
10-27-2008, 03:44 PM
Actions speak louder than words. Stay clean and contribute and all will be forgiven. Screw up like that again, cut him like a bad habit. :2cents:

SteelerSal
10-27-2008, 03:47 PM
Just a script written by someone else, heard the same old thing a thousand times. The league office must have a stack of those that they hand out for each offense and the player just has to pay 10 cents for the copy machine.

AZ_Steeler
10-27-2008, 03:53 PM
It's to the point, he f'd up, he admitted it and he wants to move on! :bigthumb:

Iron City South
10-27-2008, 04:35 PM
Santonio wrote that while high ....

memphissteelergirl
10-27-2008, 05:08 PM
Actions speak louder than words. Stay clean and contribute and all will be forgiven. Screw up like that again, cut him like a bad habit. :2cents:

What he said! :yesnod:

Clevelandsux
10-27-2008, 05:15 PM
Just a script written by someone else, heard the same old thing a thousand times. The league office must have a stack of those that they hand out for each offense and the player just has to pay 10 cents for the copy machine.

Just what I thought too.

SteelfordWexler
10-27-2008, 05:57 PM
It is a good idea - not addressing it further to the public.

It doesn't matter what he says anyway. As EJ points out - actions are all that are important.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-27-2008, 06:01 PM
Shiat I already put the whole episode behind me......All I care about is Holmes coming back and helping this team win games...

Clevelandsux
10-27-2008, 06:12 PM
I agree. I think Holmes will get a fine, maybe a games suspension (if they don't include yesterdays game). If that's all he's gets it's a slap on the wrist. Hopefully he'll grow up and learn from it.

HUNT4SEVEN
10-27-2008, 06:58 PM
http://news.steelers.com/article/98168/

hmm. Thought there would be a little more to it. Looks like the typical cookie cutter reply for doing bad things in the NFL. Pacmans is a little more indepth.

Nice Signature LOL, I'm still **** at Holmes for his selfish behavior:evilshake:

steelerschick1220
10-27-2008, 09:08 PM
I am still upset that Santonio did this, but I am willing to move on. Hopefully the league just gives him a fine and one game suspension. If he does this again though, I hope we cut his butt and teach hima real lesson.

Hburg
10-30-2008, 08:55 PM
Damn, I'll bet he had the good **** too....

BuFu

MOTORKRAFT
10-30-2008, 09:55 PM
I really can't believe all the negativity being put on Santinio Holmes for this. This was a victimless crime. When James Harrison had a brush with the law it was all brought on by him and there was a victim.
I guess it's O.K. to go home and do some spousal abuse but don't even think about going home, getting a buzz and relaxing.
I see a pitiful double standard taking place.