PDA

View Full Version : Moore is better than Parker .... much better.

Iron City South
10-27-2008, 02:50 PM
Mewelde Moore is a much better back than Willie Parker.

Better hands

Better blocker

Better interior runner

Better shedding blocks

Better vision

Better at making people miss

Thank you ...... that is all. :tt02:

BlitzburghRockCity
10-27-2008, 03:22 PM
Here we go again I knew a thread like this would come up sooner or later, it was way overdue..lol...Willie was doing just fine this year till he got hurt, can we please stop writing this guy off before he even has a chance to get back. We need Willie, this team needs him. We can't have just Moore back there all year long and having Russel in once and awhile. Moore is flat out awesome, he's the best FA pickup we've had in quite a long time and worth every penny we pay him and then some. Russel is coming along and getting better with each rep he gets on the field. FWP is no slouch and let's not start the whole Willie sux thing again. When Parker comes back both he and Moore are going to be a great combo threat in the running game. If anything Davenport is the expendable one and the odd man out here.

Moore does everything you ask and then some and does it well but give Parker his credit for being a good running back too. Moore has always produced every chance he's got and fortunately for us that trend is continuing but FWP can be and is just as productive when he's healthy. Moore is a much better guy out in the flat and receiving the ball in general and he does see the field well. Parker's stregths are his speed, agility, ability to cut back and he's getting better at running between the tackles. Moore also solid in traffic and sure handed. Everything you mentioned in your post Moore does do a great job at there's no doubt but FWP is not just some slob off the street who can't produce too. Both backs compliment each other well and both are game changers when given the chance.

the main thing about Willie is that it does tend to take him alittle while to get into a groove where as Moore is generally ready to right out of the gate. Im a big Parker fan and a Moore fan, we need them both. If Parker is playing right now and not hurt who's to say he doesn't have 6 or 7 TD's at this point easily and around 700 yds rushing.

BR7
10-27-2008, 04:47 PM
If Parker is playing right now and not hurt who's to say he doesn't have 6 or 7 TD's at this point easily and around 700 yds rushing.

:imhere: Ill say it.

Fast Trippin Parker would be lucky to have 3TDs at this point.

AZ_Steeler
10-27-2008, 04:49 PM
Moore is by far better than FWP!!! Explain how Moore has 1 less total carry than Parker but yet has 59 more total yards... I'll explain it, YARDS PER CARRY! Moore is averaging 5.0 per carry where Parker is only at 4.0 a carry. As for the receiving Parker has not caught a ball yet so it's hard to compare to Moore's 13 receptions for 70+ yards and a TD.

I'm all for Moore being the starter and FWP backing him when he gets back, if he ever does! Moore just has more to offer as a complete back and trying to elude a would be tackler... FWP tries to use his speed and if that doesn't work he just falls to the ground...

Koopa
10-27-2008, 04:54 PM
of course he's better, willie is a one trick pony and that is just running fast........ willie has never stepped up against teams that are worth a damn defensively, moore has..... it's been so nice seeing a legit running back in there...........

SteelerNC
10-27-2008, 04:57 PM
no way...Parker is far better than Moore

SteelerSal
10-27-2008, 04:59 PM
I like Willie and this is not meant as a bash on him but FWP just has straght line speed, no moves(jukes, slashing)....nothing but straight speed, PERIOD.
Moore on the other hand has above average speed,so he don't outrun his blocks, better "football quickness" to find openings and better moves to make the first guy miss......and I haven't even gotten to the the part where he actually becomes an option out of the backfield on passing downs.

JahKaz
10-27-2008, 05:22 PM
boyz, our steelers gotta have that 1-2 punch if they wanna win the big one. we all know steelerville has always been home to the running game. az said it right, and indeed fwp may be backing up moore on his return. but shouldn't we be applauding the possible depth at the rb position the black & gold may soon have back? anyone need reminding of willie's sb record running td?

find it hard so many are easy to write off poor willy!! big ben gonna need all the help he can get,,,cause we all know the D is gonna get it done. moore for 5, moore for 5...willie for 55!!! gotta love that speed.

yinzer
10-27-2008, 05:26 PM
agreed. waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better vision than willie.

SteelerSal
10-27-2008, 05:35 PM
boyz, our steelers gotta have that 1-2 punch if they wanna win the big one. we all know steelerville has always been home to the running game. az said it right, and indeed fwp may be backing up moore on his return. but shouldn't we be applauding the possible depth at the rb position the black & gold may soon have back? anyone need reminding of willie's sb record running td?

find it hard so many are easy to write off poor willy!! big ben gonna need all the help he can get,,,cause we all know the D is gonna get it done. moore for 5, moore for 5...willie for 55!!! gotta love that speed.

I also remember Timmy Smith had a 200 plus yard game as a rookie in the Superbowl for the Redskins and that was not enough for him to stay a starter.
No one is writing him off, only making comparisons and the way our o-line has been playing, Moore is the better option now with better moves and vision.

Clevelandsux
10-27-2008, 06:22 PM
Moore can also pick up the tough yards when needed. Parker cannot. And they are pretty close to the same size.

Steelersfan
10-27-2008, 06:38 PM

Better hands

Better blocker

Better interior runner

Better shedding blocks

Better vision

:plus1:

Can't believe I'm agreeing with ICS but I had thought about this same thing over the past few weeks.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-27-2008, 06:44 PM
He already had 3 TD's before he went down with the injury. LOL.

Moore's production numbers speak for themselves there is no denying that. He's a good, tough, smart player. We're lucky to have him and Im as big a Moore fan as any other Steeler fan because he gets the job done every time you call on him. Willie started out the season playing pretty darn well too so you can't compare them in a fair manner when Parker has been out the last month.

The offensive line was crap then when he was in there; granted they are alittle better now (not by much) so that certainly helps the cause. All Im saying is don't write off Parker, he'll be the starter when he comes back and Moore will be the primary backup I would imagine. Either way if one of them falters the other will be there. We need fresh legs in December from both guys and Im have confidence in both of them to get the job done.

Steelersfan
10-27-2008, 06:52 PM
I'm not knocking Willie. Moore just gives us way more options at RB and as you have seen he can run pretty well too. We would be stupid not to have him start and bring FWP in to spell him. Gives us more options on offense while also keeping Parker fresh to hit those HR's from time to time. IMO Parker can not handle being the main back in an offense that likes to run the ball a lot.
Just imagine getting the D all tired chasing Moore around on screens and ****. Then you bring a fresh Parker in for a few plays!

Clevelandsux
10-27-2008, 07:09 PM
I'm happy to have both of them back there.

HUNT4SEVEN
10-27-2008, 07:56 PM
Mewelde gives us the better chance of winning, speed is an plus but with out vision speed does you no good, now i see why Willie sat at North Carolina, kinda of reminds me of our offense you can have great weapons but if u can't call the right plays you won't win against good teams, Hint Hint:evilshake::evilshake::evilshake::evilshake::i mho:

Iron City South
10-27-2008, 07:57 PM

Can't believe I'm agreeing with ICS but I had thought about this same thing over the past few weeks.

See, there's a groundswell of moment already starting. More intelligent fans can clearly see the difference between the two of them.

There's was a reason Parker was an UFA and Moore an early 4th round pick.

Zachintosh66
10-27-2008, 08:19 PM
Moore should be starting and Parker the 3rd Down back...

Can we cut Dookie yet?

SteelfordWexler
10-27-2008, 08:45 PM
Moore has been very good but take away the TD run Sunday and Moore had a pretty average night. He was awful in the second half. The defense had something to do with that - as did the line play and play calling. Oh yeah - that would have something to do with FWP's numbers as well.

Bottom line is we need two good backs and we have them. Moore is so much better suited to be the third down back than FWP - due to his pass catching - that I'd bet quite a bit that he won't become the starter, but he should see the ball a lot moore.

TEEMONT
10-27-2008, 09:48 PM

B/C 4th round RB's always turn out to be badasses!

lol...its the same argument with you every time..."FWP wasnt even drafted!!'

Yes somehow he has managed to go to the Pro-Bowl. How many times has 4th round MM been there?

BlitzburghRockCity
10-27-2008, 09:54 PM
See, there's a groundswell of moment already starting. More intelligent fans can clearly see the difference between the two of them.

So I guess you're calling the rest of us dumb who think Willie can still get it done? Nobody on this board will argue that Moore is a great back. Maybe he's going to be better than Willie in the long run and maybe not but if you'd actually be able to make a fair comparison based on both of them playing then you'd have a valid point. You're basing Moore's performance with a better (not great mind you by any means) but a better unit that what Willie has run against over the last few years. Give FWP time to get back on the field before you continue.

Steelersfan
10-27-2008, 10:10 PM
So I guess you're calling the rest of us dumb who think Willie can still get it done? Nobody on this board will argue that Moore is a great back. Maybe he's going to be better than Willie in the long run and maybe not but if you'd actually be able to make a fair comparison based on both of them playing then you'd have a valid point. You're basing Moore's performance with a better (not great mind you by any means) but a better unit that what Willie has run against over the last few years. Give FWP time to get back on the field before you continue.

I'm not sticking up for ICS or calling anyone dumb. We all have our opinions and that is what they are.

I don't see where the O-Line is any better (at all!) now than it was at the start of the season. What I do see is a RB (Moore) who can spot the wholes better when they actually appear. And someone who has run well against a couple of the better D's in the league (Jax, NY). He also is a far better pass catcher than Parker which ads another weapon to the offense. I have seen Moore fall forward way, way more than Parker on runs.

The Steelers have some tough games coming up so when Parker is back it will be very interesting to say the least.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-27-2008, 10:13 PM
Im still amazed you actually agreed with him :lol:

I see the interior line as much improved since the season began. Chris K is getting better, Hartwig is solid right now and Stapleton is continuing to progress. That's a vast improvement over last year and earlier this year. Now the tackles yeah they still suck and it's killing us.

I just want to see what Parker can do when he comes back and we can get a good look at them both under similar circumstances :D

Steelersfan
10-27-2008, 10:30 PM
Is it just me or does Moore seem to have his best runs between the tackles.......lol

Iron City South
10-27-2008, 10:35 PM
its the same argument with you every time..."FWP wasnt even drafted!!'

Yes somehow he has managed to go to the Pro-Bowl. How many times has 4th round MM been there?

Are you seriously going to use the Pro-Bowl as your defense of Parker? The Pro-Bowl? ... Somebody, please tell me Teemont just didn't pull the pro-bowl card out of his anal orifice and play it.

The Pro-Bowl is the equivalent of the American Idol. It's a flipping popularity contest. I thought everybody already knew that. Hell, Polamalu had probably the worst year of his career last year and was hurt half the time yet managed to get enough American Idol votes to earn him a trip to Honolulu. Troy actually felt guilty and commented on it in the press. He said he had no business being there. Same could be said for about a dozen others who go each year.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-27-2008, 11:06 PM
Is it just me or does Moore seem to have his best runs between the tackles.......lol

I think so too, even off tackle he is able slice between the Tackle and Guard or between the Tackle and TE and really find the hole and make something happen. He's got a good burst too which really helps, especially last night against the Giants on that first TD run.

MOTORKRAFT
10-27-2008, 11:26 PM
This topic makes Parker, Moore, Russell, or Mendenhall expendable at the end of the year. Russell's salary and trade value give him a pass. Can't trade Mendenhall because of salary and little trade value. Moore is a keeper. Parker seems to be the odd man out. I think he still has trade value and should be used as trade bate to either move up in the draft or a simple trade for a lineman that can block.

Iron City South
10-27-2008, 11:33 PM
This topic makes Parker, Moore, Russell, or Mendenhall expendable at the end of the year. Russell's salary and trade value give him a pass. Can't trade Mendenhall because of salary and little trade value. Moore is a keeper. Parker seems to be the odd man out. I think he still has trade value and should be used as trade bate to either move up in the draft or a simple trade for a lineman that can block.

Look at this .... we have a thinker! :thinking: Somebody who thought it through and arrived at the logical and correct answer. :clap:

Teemont - Take note.

TEEMONT
10-28-2008, 12:49 AM
Are you seriously going to use the Pro-Bowl as your defense of Parker? The Pro-Bowl? ... Somebody, please tell me Teemont just didn't pull the pro-bowl card out of his anal orifice and play it.

The Pro-Bowl is the equivalent of the American Idol. It's a flipping popularity contest. I thought everybody already knew that. Hell, Polamalu had probably the worst year of his career last year and was hurt half the time yet managed to get enough American Idol votes to earn him a trip to Honolulu. Troy actually felt guilty and commented on it in the press. He said he had no business being there. Same could be said for about a dozen others who go each year.

Yeah I did, since you use the same tired *** "undrafted free agent" argument over and over again, and Willie proves you wrong over and over again.

You have a thing for pedigree's and that's cool, I really wouldn't expect much else from a simple-minded guy like you. You actually used the argument that Moore was better than Parker b/c he was a 4th round draft pick......4TH ROUND...lol.

So is Moore a better RB than Tom Brady is a QB since Brady was a 6th rounder?

Oh wait, I'll bet Moore is better than Preist Holmes was too right?

The fact, and this, unlike the opinion you posted at the beginning of this thread is this, it doesn't matter who the RB is when this team faces a squad that has an above average defense.

Moore has not started against a strong defense, with the exception of the Giants, and he didn't look that good yesterday. The Jags D, after watching the clowns beat them, is just average.

I don't give a **** if our RB was Jim Brown right now. Moore has been thriving against weak D's, just like Willie has in the past. It has nothing to do with the talent they have, it has everything to do with what our O-Line can or can't do.

memphissteelergirl
10-28-2008, 12:06 PM
Here we go again I knew a thread like this would come up sooner or later, it was way overdue..lol...Willie was doing just fine this year till he got hurt, can we please stop writing this guy off before he even has a chance to get back. We need Willie, this team needs him. We can't have just Moore back there all year long and having Russel in once and awhile. Moore is flat out awesome, he's the best FA pickup we've had in quite a long time and worth every penny we pay him and then some. Russel is coming along and getting better with each rep he gets on the field. FWP is no slouch and let's not start the whole Willie sux thing again. When Parker comes back both he and Moore are going to be a great combo threat in the running game. If anything Davenport is the expendable one and the odd man out here.

Moore does everything you ask and then some and does it well but give Parker his credit for being a good running back too. Moore has always produced every chance he's got and fortunately for us that trend is continuing but FWP can be and is just as productive when he's healthy. Moore is a much better guy out in the flat and receiving the ball in general and he does see the field well. Parker's stregths are his speed, agility, ability to cut back and he's getting better at running between the tackles. Moore also solid in traffic and sure handed. Everything you mentioned in your post Moore does do a great job at there's no doubt but FWP is not just some slob off the street who can't produce too. Both backs compliment each other well and both are game changers when given the chance.

the main thing about Willie is that it does tend to take him alittle while to get into a groove where as Moore is generally ready to right out of the gate. Im a big Parker fan and a Moore fan, we need them both. If Parker is playing right now and not hurt who's to say he doesn't have 6 or 7 TD's at this point easily and around 700 yds rushing.

:plus1: What he said.

Iron City South
10-28-2008, 01:48 PM
Yeah I did, since you use the same tired *** "undrafted free agent" argument over and over again, and Willie proves you wrong over and over again.

You have a thing for pedigree's and that's cool, I really wouldn't expect much else from a simple-minded guy like you. You actually used the argument that Moore was better than Parker b/c he was a 4th round draft pick......4TH ROUND...lol.

So is Moore a better RB than Tom Brady is a QB since Brady was a 6th rounder?

Please allow me to direct your attention to my origonal case for why Moore is much better than Parker.

Better hands

Better blocker

Better interior runner

Better shedding blocks

Better vision

I didn't say he was better simply because he was a 4th rounder. That may be the way you intrepted it, but then again .... you're retarded .... so I'm very understanding as to why you seemed to have distorted my comments. I was merely pointing out the fact that Parker was an UFA while Moore had significant value for a team to use a 4th round pick on him.

NFL teams are looking for pedigree, they want to know what they're getting based on what you've shown. Most teams wouldn't take a risk on some "Willie come lately" because the odds are too great that they won't even make the team yet alone start.

As I said many-a-time, Willie is a good RB, but he's very one dimentional in the fact that speed is his only game. He would make a quality #2 back on our team.

LatrobePA
10-28-2008, 02:13 PM
Heres my question:

Will parker be back this season? Is his injury more than what T is saying??

TEEMONT
10-28-2008, 04:24 PM
Please allow me to direct your attention to my origonal case for why Moore is much better than Parker.

I didn't say he was better simply because he was a 4th rounder. That may be the way you intrepted it, but then again .... you're retarded .... so I'm very understanding as to why you seemed to have distorted my comments. I was merely pointing out the fact that Parker was an UFA while Moore had significant value for a team to use a 4th round pick on him.

NFL teams are looking for pedigree, they want to know what they're getting based on what you've shown. Most teams wouldn't take a risk on some "Willie come lately" because the odds are too great that they won't even make the team yet alone start.

As I said many-a-time, Willie is a good RB, but he's very one dimentional in the fact that speed is his only game. He would make a quality #2 back on our team.

Yup, I'm retarded.

The FACT is, Willie is very good at picking up blitzers. He was hurt early in the Philly fiasco, which hurt us when it came to the sacks. His career YPC is 4.4, which is nothing to sneeze at. His YPcatch as Steeler is 8.3 and Moore's is 6.0, which shows me that WHEN Ben isn't staring downfield, and he throws the ball to Willie, Willie makes plays with it.

Moore is also not better at running the middle, there is literally no way to prove this. If you go by body type, Willie is more stout, being an inch shorter and weighing the same as Moore. Willie can run in the middle, and he has proved it time and time again. People like you choose not to pay attention when he does it.

I like Moore, he is a very good change of pace back, and is more shifty than Willie. However, Willie is a proven vetran RB, who has had the injury bug as of late, which is y only concern with him.

I personally do not care that
Moore had significant value for a team to use a 4th round pick on him.

The FACT is Parker has been a better pro than Moore. That is all I care about. Sure Moore was good enough at Tulane to merit a 4th round pick, and Willie didn't see the field much at UNC, but since Willie has been in the NFL, he has been proving haters like you wrong every season.

Final stat:

total rushing yards:

Willie: 4,461
Moore: 1,607

Moore couldn't even crack the starting line-up in Minnesota.

Great 3rd down back, but he won't be starting when Willie comes back.

DocHolliday1989
10-28-2008, 04:34 PM

Better hands

Better blocker

Better interior runner

Better shedding blocks

Better vision

There is No Way that I will Agree with that statement... Sorry, dont see it all!
:evilshake:

Iron City South
10-28-2008, 05:14 PM
What can I say, other than the "homers" always have to learn the hard way.

TEEMONT
10-28-2008, 07:18 PM
What can I say, other than the "homers" always have to learn the hard way.

lol....thinkin willie is better than moore is being a homer?

they play for the same team assjack

$teelersRule
10-29-2008, 01:04 AM
lol....thinkin willie is better than moore is being a homer?

they play for the same team assjack
man i dont know why you even bother with this guy, he has never put fourth an intelligent statement since i have been here.

TEEMONT
10-29-2008, 03:50 AM
man i dont know why you even bother with this guy, he has never put fourth an intelligent statement since i have been here.

me...or ICS?

Ambridge
10-29-2008, 08:43 AM
Declaring Moore better than Parker after only 7 games with the Steelers is complete Lunacy.

Willie Parker is a proven product with a pretty respectable resume......while Mewelde Moore(who is contributing well beyond what I thought he'd deliver)still has to be productive for the rest of his first season with the Steelers.

Number99
10-29-2008, 01:37 PM
this is a funny thread - comparing Parker to Moore

Is Moore a better "all around" back ? Possibly so , his pass catching ability has been better then Parker. On the other hand Parker is a more dynamic runner. His big run ability is far higher.

But really after only 7 games, why is this a topic ? Has Moore ever been a feature back before ? No. And there is a reason why. Can you figure it out ?

TEEMONT
10-29-2008, 02:54 PM

Is Moore a better "all around" back ? Possibly so , his pass catching ability has been better then Parker. On the other hand Parker is a more dynamic runner. His big run ability is far higher.

But really after only 7 games, why is this a topic ? Has Moore ever been a feature back before ? No. And there is a reason why. Can you figure it out ?

ICS hates Parker b/c he was an UDFA.

Steelersfan
10-29-2008, 03:41 PM

Parker has had almost no big runs the past couple seasons and I think they both have the same longest run so far this year. Parkers is 32 yds for his long and that was also his longest last year. Not very dynamic.

Neither was Parker for awhile but people wanted him to start when they saw what he could do. Right now Moore has more yards on less carries, can catch better and IMO see's the holes a lot better. That is not to say Parker is a waste. And not to mention Moore has been one of the few good spots with the Steelers offense this year. I'm beginning to wonder if the injuries to Parker as well as all the carries he has been getting the past few years are taking a toll on him.

Iron City South
10-29-2008, 04:44 PM
I'll take a RB with better attriubtes, both tangable and intangable, that get's me better YPC any day of the week over a RB that has "potential" to give me a homerun once in a blue moon.

The essance of the question boils down to: "Who do you want on your offense?":

A) A RB that will give you 5.8 YD's per carry (via rushing and receiving) showing net positive yardage on nearly EVERY carry?

or

B) A RB that is pretty much "rushing only" that can't break tackles or run in between the tackles thus giving you more negative yardage plays .....but.... can break a long one now and then?

I'll tell you who I want .... I want a "chain mover" I'll take "A" every day of the week and twice on Sunday's. :yellowthumb:

The notion that Parker is that much faster than Parker is 100% pure bullshiat to begin wtih. Look at their 40 times .... so close it's not even a relevant discussion.

$teelersRule
10-29-2008, 05:49 PM
me...or ICS?

not you, ICS

Iron City South
10-29-2008, 05:54 PM
not you, ICS

:whatever: ....yeah whatever. I probably forgot more about this game than you'll ever aspire to know about it.

I look forward to your future posts when you lay down some insightful knowledge and share it with us. :hilarious:

BR7
10-29-2008, 06:25 PM
Fact of the matter is... this is a "what have you done for me lately?" league.

Right now, Moore is the man. Moore should keep the starting job and Willie should relieve him. Moore is more than capable of carrying the load and has proven himself with our porus line. If Willie shows signs of his old self (the good FWP who led the league in rushing before breaking his leg), he should be weened back into the starting job.

I'm all for using whoever is productive. Right now, its Moore. One Trick Willie can be the relief.

Dean Denton
10-29-2008, 06:29 PM
I'll take Parker. He can at anytime take it to the house. Moore can not.

BR7
10-29-2008, 06:36 PM
I'll take Moore, he hits the hole betwen the tackles in an upright positon. And can actually see the hole.

TEEMONT
10-29-2008, 06:42 PM
:whatever: ....yeah whatever. I probably forgot more about this game than you'll ever aspire to know about it.

I look forward to your future posts when you lay down some insightful knowledge and share it with us. :hilarious:

funny I've been looking forward to those from you too.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-29-2008, 06:48 PM
I just don't see Tomlin not giving Willie the reigns back when he's healthy, he's under the same philosophy as Cowher was that you don't lose your starting job to injury. Certainly if FWP comes back and he's not producing like Moore was then Mewelde should get the starting nod but I would think Willie is the starter when he comes back no question. Perhaps he eases Parker back into the role while putting him in as a relief for Mewelde for a game or too till he gets his sea legs again in game time but either way we cant run Moore into the ground or we'll end up with another Parker in December with no fresh legs.

Dean Denton
10-29-2008, 06:53 PM
OK, now I'm getting jealous. You cant just go from member to member starting fights. Pick a lover, and stick with them.

TEEMONT
10-29-2008, 07:18 PM
OK, now I'm getting jealous. You cant just go from member to member starting fights. Pick a lover, and stick with them.

you're just a side project....

Dean Denton
10-29-2008, 07:47 PM
you're just a side project.... I feel used, and cheap. Thanks alot. Like I wasn't having a hard enough time sleeping after Eli ruined my weekend, now this. Friggin heart breaker....sigh....

Iron City South
10-29-2008, 08:47 PM

Thanks Pot, tell Kettle I said "Hi" ... and whatever you do, don't call him BLACK!

:haha:

Don't bother me, I'm busy looking through the SA archives of all the threads you actually started that inspire good football discussion and debate.

It shouldn't take me long though .... :popcorn:

TEEMONT
10-29-2008, 08:54 PM
Thanks Pot, tell Kettle I said "Hi" ... and whatever you do, don't call him BLACK!

:haha:

Don't bother me, I'm busy looking through the SA archives of all the threads you actually started that inspire good football discussion and debate.

It shouldn't take me long though .... :popcorn:

so I have to start threads now? it's ok....im still waiting for u to contribute out of your pocket a little bit....

Iron City South
10-29-2008, 08:59 PM
What exactly am I contributing to?

TEEMONT
10-29-2008, 09:09 PM
What exactly am I contributing to?

ask TG not me

Iron City South
10-29-2008, 09:15 PM
ask TG not me

If you can't even tell me what its for, why then are you trying to broker a deal? Are you on commission or something? ... Let me guess, you get a free set of SA dinnerware? ...... shower curtain rings? :thinking:

BlitzburghRockCity
10-30-2008, 08:36 AM
OMG can you 3 just relax, it's really ok...I've heard, even once in awhile that sometimes maybe a little bit here and there that some people can actually just agree to disagree? :reddevil:

oh and for the record, we don't have any SA dinnerware or shower rings.........................yet. :rolleyes:

Iron City South
10-30-2008, 10:12 AM
Teemont is just mad because he knows there's a groundswell of support for Moore becoming the starter ... even when Parker returns at 100%

People see Mewelde Moore is the complete package and his "all around" skills are just .... .better.

floodcitygirl
10-30-2008, 11:08 AM
oh and for the record, we don't have any SA dinnerware or shower rings.........................yet. :rolleyes:SA dinnerware?! What a great idea!

Steelersfan
10-30-2008, 01:39 PM
I've got an SA coffee mug from the first store we had. That was until the NFL wanted sue me over it.......lol

TEEMONT
10-30-2008, 04:24 PM
Teemont is just mad because he knows there's a groundswell of support for Moore becoming the starter ... even when Parker returns at 100%

People see Mewelde Moore is the complete package and his "all around" skills are just .... .better.

I'm not mad about, what would be the point of me getting mad?

I just disagree, simple enough.

I don't think anywhere in this thread I ever said Moore wasn't a good RB, I just think Parker should be kept as the starter until it is proven he can't carry the load. If he comes back and has a bad game, then put Moore in, I'm all for that. But Parker should be the starter until that happens.

Dean Denton
10-30-2008, 05:43 PM
He's right. Parker has not lost his job, he got hurt. What makes anyone think Parker wouldn't have done the same. However, I do want the HB that gives us the best chance to win. Trust me this is a good argument for all of us to be having.....

BlitzburghNation
10-30-2008, 05:58 PM
Little Late on this argument :popcorn:

Just happy we have a back playing well,,,,,,,,,,Gotta side with TG though, give FWP a chance,,,,,Remember last year :scratch: he was leading the league in rushing until he broke his leg !

Glad Moore has resurected his career and hope he continues playing great for us,,,,,Nice problem we have "two really good backs" If we had decent play calling we would be 7-0 right now as BR7 shows us all in his avatar & sig :clap:

Iron City South
10-30-2008, 08:30 PM
I want you homers to listen, and listen good:

Some of you need to stop the "Willie Parker as an elite RB in the NFL" nonsense .... Why?, because it's simply not true.

Let's look at some numbers from last year:

In comparing him to RBs with over 100 carries in the NFL in 2007, Willie Parker was 28th in the NFL in YPC at barely 4.1. WORSE than such high profile beasts such as Kenny Watson, Kenton Keith, and the vaunted Maurice Morris. :sHa_sarcasticlol:

Let's move on to some other stats, shall we? :yesnod:

In terms of RBs with 100 carries or more, Willie Parker ranked 45th in the NFL in first down run percentage ... fourty "freaking" fifth! :evilshake:

This means he averaged a first down run a little over 15% of the time. In other words, for every 20 carries, he averaged only 3 first downs! :evilshake:

Needless to say, that's not what you would expect from someone you're saying is a great runningback. This puts him behind such studs as Jesse Chatman (oohhh!), Kolby Smith (aahhhhh!), and Adrian Peterson (not the Vikes "Stud" Adrian Peterson, I'm talking about the Bears reject!).

In TDs he was tied for 43rd in the NFL. In 321 carries, he only had 2 TDs. So, in 0.006% of his runs, he ran for a TD (sorry, I just had to see that as a percentage ). Tom Brady had as many rushing TDs as Parker did last year. :lol:

He's simply not good enough to be deserving of getting the ball 25-30 times a game! ... EVER!!! :nono:

But why ICS? .... because he doesn't extend drives, he doesn't score TDs, he's poor in pass protection and he lacks versatility in a third down role. (So let the truth set you free!)

How many times did the Steelers have to depend on Ben to bail them out on third and longs last year? Anyone? .... anyone? .... Buhler? .... Buhler? :thinking:

If not for Ben's heroics for most of last year, these problems would have been a lot more pronounced. All I hear about is how "if he hadn't been hurt he would have led the league in rushing last year". And yes, that's likely true. But the ONLY reason for that, and I do mean only, was because he had 80-100 more carries than his nearest competitor at that point before he went down in St. Louis. Even though he missed the last two games of the season (went down his first carry against St. Louis, then missed the Ravens game), he still was third in the NFL in rushing attempts (only 4 behind the league leader), and was still ahead of RB's like Joseph Addai, Brian Westbrook, and Frank Gore by 40 to 60+ carries.

This is not even factoring in the injury questions that now surround him. For the last two seasons before this year, the Steelers ran Parker into the ground, handing him the ball off to him a unprecidented 658 times. :evilshake:

Three other RBs had more carries than him over that time period. Two were powerbacks that probably outweigh Parker by 30-40 pounds in Larry Johnson and Edge James, both of whom have suffered various injuries since then. The other back was LT, who has completely fallen off from the runner he used to be and has faced several injuries as well. History shows that when you start giving a RB 300+ carries a year, the injuries start to hit quick and they tend to linger for a long time. My big concern is that his body just can't handle it anymore, and so far from what we have seen it's hard to argue against it.

I'm going to end class today by saying this ...

Either way, Parker is seriously overrated by most Steelers fans. :yesnod:

I'm not saying he's a bad running back, far from it. What I'm saying is that he's not an elite back in this league, and Steelers fans who think he is need to get their collective heads out of the sand.

Parker has benefited from the Steelers system that has allowed him to amass stats through quantity, not quality. :yesnod:

Sooner or later, Rashard Mendenhall will be the starting RB for the Pittsburgh Steelers, and hopefully he'll prove to be a more effective runner carry to carry than Parker has been. With Moore's recent performance and proven versatility .... this will make Parker the odd man out.

Class dismissed ....

:2cents:

AZ_Steeler
10-30-2008, 08:38 PM
That is probably the best post I have ever seen from ICS! :clap: I could not agree more...

I think I need to go get me head checked now after agreeing with an ICS post :D

Steelersfan
10-30-2008, 08:53 PM
That is probably the best post I have ever seen from ICS! :clap: I could not agree more...

I think I need to go get me head checked now after agreeing with an ICS post :D

I hate to say it AZ but I have to agree with you...... Now off to see the shrink......

TEEMONT
10-30-2008, 10:45 PM
Now all of those stats you gave us (with the exception of the YPC) show me what Moore's is as well, and then while you are at it, site your sources.

You have a habit of talking out of your ***, and then not backing it up with fact.

Also, just a sidenote. Aren't you one of the ones always calling for Arians head? I'm sure Willie's predictable play has nothing to do with BA's gameplans when he is in the game.

Fact is, if we would have had Willie for the Jax game last year, we go to NE to play in the 2nd round of the playoffs.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-31-2008, 12:46 AM
You keep forgetting one thing here ICS, since Willie has been here with the exception of the SB year he has played behind a tin foil offensive line and we all know it. You put Moore behind that line and see if does as well as he's doing this year. The fact is that the OL has gotten better atleast the interior 3 as the year has gone on and that combined with Moore being a very good RB has served us well. If Willie is in this lineup all year without being hurt you can't say that he wouldn't have 100 yd games, scoring TD's, etc. Maybe he's not the best blitz pickup RB in the NFL but he's not the worst either.

Considering the lines that he has played behind it's a credit to him for having gotten the yards that he did so far in his career. I agree with you that he can improve and be a better running back, Im sure anybody would but he doesn't get enough credit for far he's come in this league and how much he's improved with each year. The work load that was put on him the last 2 years leading up to this one is insane and he definitely wore out by December thus making him more prone to injury and lower stats.

If Rashard is the future of this team and he comes in next year and takes the job,so be it. I'll cheer for him like any fan would and be behind him 100%. If neither he nor Parker can steal the job away from Moore at any point then so be it as well. We'll be a better team for it with all this talent. Don't write off Parker as a 2nd rate bench warmer just yet.

Dean Denton
10-31-2008, 12:31 PM
I want you homers to listen, and listen good:

Some of you need to stop the "Willie Parker as an elite RB in the NFL" nonsense .... Why?, because it's simply not true.

Let's look at some numbers from last year:

In comparing him to RBs with over 100 carries in the NFL in 2007, Willie Parker was 28th in the NFL in YPC at barely 4.1. WORSE than such high profile beasts such as Kenny Watson, Kenton Keith, and the vaunted Maurice Morris. :sHa_sarcasticlol:

Let's move on to some other stats, shall we? :yesnod:

In terms of RBs with 100 carries or more, Willie Parker ranked 45th in the NFL in first down run percentage ... fourty "freaking" fifth! :evilshake:

This means he averaged a first down run a little over 15% of the time. In other words, for every 20 carries, he averaged only 3 first downs! :evilshake:

Needless to say, that's not what you would expect from someone you're saying is a great runningback. This puts him behind such studs as Jesse Chatman (oohhh!), Kolby Smith (aahhhhh!), and Adrian Peterson (not the Vikes "Stud" Adrian Peterson, I'm talking about the Bears reject!).

In TDs he was tied for 43rd in the NFL. In 321 carries, he only had 2 TDs. So, in 0.006% of his runs, he ran for a TD (sorry, I just had to see that as a percentage ). Tom Brady had as many rushing TDs as Parker did last year. :lol:

He's simply not good enough to be deserving of getting the ball 25-30 times a game! ... EVER!!! :nono:

But why ICS? .... because he doesn't extend drives, he doesn't score TDs, he's poor in pass protection and he lacks versatility in a third down role. (So let the truth set you free!)

How many times did the Steelers have to depend on Ben to bail them out on third and longs last year? Anyone? .... anyone? .... Buhler? .... Buhler? :thinking:

If not for Ben's heroics for most of last year, these problems would have been a lot more pronounced. All I hear about is how "if he hadn't been hurt he would have led the league in rushing last year". And yes, that's likely true. But the ONLY reason for that, and I do mean only, was because he had 80-100 more carries than his nearest competitor at that point before he went down in St. Louis. Even though he missed the last two games of the season (went down his first carry against St. Louis, then missed the Ravens game), he still was third in the NFL in rushing attempts (only 4 behind the league leader), and was still ahead of RB's like Joseph Addai, Brian Westbrook, and Frank Gore by 40 to 60+ carries.

This is not even factoring in the injury questions that now surround him. For the last two seasons before this year, the Steelers ran Parker into the ground, handing him the ball off to him a unprecidented 658 times. :evilshake:

Three other RBs had more carries than him over that time period. Two were powerbacks that probably outweigh Parker by 30-40 pounds in Larry Johnson and Edge James, both of whom have suffered various injuries since then. The other back was LT, who has completely fallen off from the runner he used to be and has faced several injuries as well. History shows that when you start giving a RB 300+ carries a year, the injuries start to hit quick and they tend to linger for a long time. My big concern is that his body just can't handle it anymore, and so far from what we have seen it's hard to argue against it.

I'm going to end class today by saying this ...

Either way, Parker is seriously overrated by most Steelers fans. :yesnod:

I'm not saying he's a bad running back, far from it. What I'm saying is that he's not an elite back in this league, and Steelers fans who think he is need to get their collective heads out of the sand.

Parker has benefited from the Steelers system that has allowed him to amass stats through quantity, not quality. :yesnod:

Sooner or later, Rashard Mendenhall will be the starting RB for the Pittsburgh Steelers, and hopefully he'll prove to be a more effective runner carry to carry than Parker has been. With Moore's recent performance and proven versatility .... this will make Parker the odd man out.

Class dismissed ....

:2cents: I can not argue with any of the facts that you have posted when it comes to the stats of Willie. Stats dont lie.

However to say he is not an elite back is WRONG. One of the many attributes required to be an elite back in the NFL is toughness. And you posted it yourself by sharing with us how many times Willie carries the ball. The object of the game is to run the ball, eat the clock, and keep the opponents Off on the bench. We try and do this with Willie, and it has worked most of the time. Do you really think LT, Johnson, Bush, or any other HB could carry the ball that much? Hell no. Look at our own Mendenhall. He carried the ball less then 10 times and got put out for the season. And you really think this guy is the future???? please..we got rid of the cheer leaders years ago.....
When people talk about Emmitt Smith the first thing they say besides "He was only good because of his OL," is how tough he was, and it was that toughness that made him a great player, and will get him into the HOF.
Willie Parker is P4P the toughest HB in the league, and can take it to the house at any time. Moore is not posting such good numbers that we should pull Willie. Thats stupid. Our OL sucks ***, and that has alot to do with Willie's production. I really do agree with alot of what you are saying because the numbers dont lie, but if parker was playing last year in the Playoffs we would have gotten our rematch with the Patriots.

Here ends the lesson......

Richmond Rukus
10-31-2008, 01:12 PM
OK, by that logic, Jerious Norwood was the premier back in the league last year, averaging 6 yards a carry, and a 24.3 first down percentage. The second highest 1st down percentage out of the top 10 backs, sorted by ypc with over 100 carries. And apparently, we have a back that should not only be starting in front of Parker, but in front of any back on our roster. That's right, our elite back is no other than Najeh Davenport. Over 100 carries, ranked 13th in ypc at 4.7, with the 2nd highest 1st down percentage in the league with backs over 100 carries at 34.6%. So now I ask you. With this logic, why shouldn't Najeh be our starter.

Dean Denton
10-31-2008, 01:24 PM
OK, by that logic, Jerious Norwood was the premier back in the league last year, averaging 6 yards a carry, and a 24.3 first down percentage. The second highest 1st down percentage out of the top 10 backs, sorted by ypc with over 100 carries. And apparently, we have a back that should not only be starting in front of Parker, but in front of any back on our roster. That's right, our elite back is no other than Najeh Davenport. Over 100 carries, ranked 13th in ypc at 4.7, with the 2nd highest 1st down percentage in the league with backs over 100 carries at 34.6%. So now I ask you. With this logic, why shouldn't Najeh be our starter.
I would think it has something to do with him not being all that good. Thats why he was cut. He's too slow, and should be short yardage only, unless we play the Rams...lol

Iron City South
11-01-2008, 02:17 PM
I can not argue with any of the facts that you have posted when it comes to the stats of Willie. Stats dont lie.

However to say he is not an elite back is WRONG. One of the many attributes required to be an elite back in the NFL is toughness....

You predicated your whole arguement on "toughness" when truth be told, toughness is probably down near the bottom somewhere in terms of inherent attributes for a RB. The natural assumption is ... if you made it to the NFL and you're starting .... you're TOUGH. That doesn't mean you're not injury prone, but mentally, you're tough enough to have made it to the professional ranks.

The NFL is a league of "What have you done for me lately?" .... If you're not producing, you're either watching from the sidelines, or worse yet ..... from home because you didn't make the team.

My case for Moore is solid and I've not yet heard any substinative refute to lead me to believe otherwise. :popcorn:

K Train
11-01-2008, 02:31 PM
ok i havent posted in this one yet but heres what i think, willie is a good player, hes a hard runner and hes really fast.....thats what he is, he does a good job for what he is. hes a solid option at RB but hes hit a plateau and ive said that for 2 years now, he doesnt have any upside, hes not gonna get better, he is what he is which is an average back...not a bad option at all, but not elite by any means. what you see with willie is what you get. Moore is a hard runner, hes got great inside vision something that willie has never had and he really does all the little things better than parker...blocking and recieving and what not. both together is a very strong duo, alot of us thought moore could be a FA steal this year and so far its worked out nicely. mendenhall will be better than both of them imo but were gonna have to wait to see that story unfold.

TEEMONT
11-04-2008, 04:08 AM
4 carries -2 yards....Moore is an excellent 3rd down back, and I love him catching the ball out of the backfield, but thats all.

Willie had a solid game tonight. I think he was running very tentatively, but I expected that. The Colts dont have much of a run D, so he should go nuts next weekend.

Oh and did anyone happen to see which Rb picked up the blitz on the Leftwich bomb to Nate?

Yeah, it was #39....

Undrafted Free agent schooling a 4th round draft pick....

AZ_Steeler
11-04-2008, 04:12 AM
Willie didn't do crap tonight... I don't really call 21 carries for 70 yards a stellar game! That's 3.3 ypc... there were a couple of times I wish I had the 360 controller in my hand to control him because had he bounced a couple outside he probably would have broke 100 tonight... his vision sucks, his ypc sucks... Moore didn't have a chance to get in a groove, that's all!

TEEMONT
11-04-2008, 04:16 AM
Willie didn't do crap tonight... I don't really call 21 carries for 70 yards a stellar game! That's 3.3 ypc... there were a couple of times I wish I had the 360 controller in my hand to control him because had he bounced a couple outside he probably would have broke 100 tonight... his vision sucks, his ypc sucks... Moore didn't have a chance to get in a groove, that's all!

Washington was also the number 5 run D going into this game, giving up 80 yards a game. I'm happy with Willie's 1st game back, and with Moore's receiving out of the backfield, which is something we are going to need to exploit to beat these blitzes.

Moore got 4 carries and did squat...absolutely nothing. Willie's first game back, I expected rust, and he showed it. Willie will have a huge game against Indy....take that shiat to the bank. He's the type that thrives off of the haters. He did the little things tonight, picking up blitzes, and he bounced a few to the outside.

4 runs minus 2 yards.....nuff said....

AZ_Steeler
11-04-2008, 04:18 AM
I hope Willie does good against Indy... the game is in Pittsburgh where Parker seems to only have his 100 yard games.

TEEMONT
11-04-2008, 04:21 AM
I hope Willie does good against Indy... the game is in Pittsburgh where Parker seems to only have his 100 yard games.

he runs better on grass than he does on that bitch *** field turf....lol

Steelersfan
11-04-2008, 08:27 AM
Washington was also the number 5 run D going into this game, giving up 80 yards a game. I'm happy with Willie's 1st game back, and with Moore's receiving out of the backfield, which is something we are going to need to exploit to beat these blitzes.

Moore got 4 carries and did squat...absolutely nothing. Willie's first game back, I expected rust, and he showed it. Willie will have a huge game against Indy....take that shiat to the bank. He's the type that thrives off of the haters. He did the little things tonight, picking up blitzes, and he bounced a few to the outside.

4 runs minus 2 yards.....nuff said....

Moore was never giving the chance to get into a rhythm while Parker once again had to get a crap load of carriers just to have a below average game yardage wise. I could just as easily take 4 runs of his and he would have the same or worse stats as Moore. I will give Parker some credit though, this was one of his better road games and he didn't get hurt.

And saying Parker will have a big game at home is no big call when he has all his big games at home.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-04-2008, 08:42 AM
Im proud of Willie and happy he was able to come back and make some things happen. I would have liked to see them use him more sparingly though and spot check him with Moore so they both could make plays. If they start giving Willie 30 carries a game again he's going to wear out. Parker should be the starter, no question in my mind, however Moore makes plays too and a lot of them at that so they both need to be used to make this offense more versatile.

Steelersfan
11-04-2008, 09:04 AM
They will run Parker into the ground again and he will most likely end up hurt at some point because of it. He just isn't big enough to take that kind of pounding. I also think that is why he hasn't had any big runs in a long time. Just getting worn down and that was and still is one of the biggest reasons I'd rather see him get around 10-14 carries a game. Keep his legs fresh so he can break one.

Iron City South
11-04-2008, 12:46 PM
Anyone using 1 game and 4 carries to discredit Moore after what Moore just did the past few weeks in order to make a case for Willie Parker is an idiot.

Parker was missing hole after hole the entire game .... holes that were staring him in the face and inviting him to run through. If Parker had the natural instincts to follow his blockers and not improvise the run, there's no reason he couldn't have had 150 yd game yesterday. Once again, Parker's vision and running instincts are in question.

Had Moore been given the bulk of the work last night ... make no mistake about it .... he would have been the more productive back.

ToothAche
11-04-2008, 12:47 PM
The good thing about this, is that we have both Parker and Moore on our team. But, if we all remember, Moore was on the Vikings and didnt really wow us, Parker has amazed us for a few years now. It would be nice to have a bigger back for short-yardage situations. Maybe we could trde Willie for Ron Dane, since he isnt that great.

TEEMONT
11-04-2008, 12:57 PM
Anyone using 1 game and 4 carries to discredit Moore after what Moore just did the past few weeks in order to make a case for Willie Parker is an idiot.

Parker was missing hole after hole the entire game .... holes that were staring him in the face and inviting him to run through. Once again, Parker's vision and running instincts are in question.

Had Moore been given the bulk of the work last night ... make no mistake about it .... he would have been the more productive back.

What holes!?

I sure as hell didnt see any, and the only time he was able to gain yardage was when he busted the play to the outside, which he should have done more often. The FACT of the matter is this, people who get paid to evaluate players, think Willie is better than Moore, and thats why he is starting, so your opinion is moot here.

Willie put up 70 yards on the 5th best rushing D lasst night, I guaran-****ing-tee Moore would have done no better. He runs too soft. He is an excellent 3rd down back, and not an every down back.

Moores 3 starts came against:

the bungles (24th run D)

the jags (20th run D)

and the giants (7th run D) worst game

Moore should be catching passes out of the backfield, and maybe the occasional draw, and getting 9-10 carries a game, tops.

memphissteelergirl
11-04-2008, 01:01 PM
Willie had a solid game tonight. I think he was running very tentatively, but I expected that. The Colts dont have much of a run D, so he should go nuts next weekend.

Willie could have run for 100yds and scored 2 TD's last night and there are some here who would have called it a fluke. They are gonna think what they want to....

As it was, Willie did have a decent game for someone coming off a knee injury, which means he can still be a productive member of this offense. Having him and Moore as options in the backfield can open up some creative playcalling...oh, but wait, BA is still the OC, isn't he? *Sigh*...oh well...

While I don't think FWP will "go nuts" against the Colts next weekend. I still think he will have a good game.

ejsteeler
11-04-2008, 01:17 PM

Well, to be fair, you were talking up Moore before he did anything at all after what Willie did the last few years, not 1 game and 4 carries, so your argument is just as idiotic. They both need to be in there pluggin away. Willie is and will remain the starter while he is healthy.

Iron City South
11-04-2008, 01:22 PM
Well, to be fair, you were talking up Moore before he did anything at all after what Willie did the last few years, not 1 game and 4 carries, so your argument is just as idiotic. They both need to be in there pluggin away. Willie is and will remain the starter while he is healthy.

Because I knew what many others who followed his career already knew about Moore ..... his potential is off the charts and well beyond where Parkers will ever be. He is one of the most complete backs in the league who happened to be behind a super-star like Adrian Peterson in Minnesota which is why he didn't get his break there. This is exactly why many analysts were saying Pittsburgh probably got the best FA RB on the market when we signed him.

ejsteeler
11-04-2008, 01:24 PM
Because I knew what many others who followed his career already knew about Moore ..... his potential is off the charts and well beyond where Parkers will ever be. He is one of the most complete backs in the league who happened to be behind a super-star like Adrian Peterson in Minnesota which is why he didn't get his break there. This is exactly why many analysts were saying Pittsburgh probably got the best FA RB on the market when we signed him.

I don't deny that, but Willie was the best UDFA RB pick up before that.....:yesnod:

They will both be needed to finish out the year, no doubt about it.

TEEMONT
11-04-2008, 01:28 PM

you obviously didnt follow his career too closely, seeing as he was only behind AP for one season.

Zachintosh66
11-04-2008, 01:54 PM
imho... i thought willie looked really tenative... i must of counted 4+ times where he just flat out got caught with his feet not moving at all... i mean isnt that one of the first things they teach you in pee wee football always keep your feet moving?

I thought there was also a statement on the scoring drive to holmes... when Moore was in over 90% of those plays. I mean 4thQ with 10-11 minutes left... and Moore is getting the work

anyone else feel the same or am i over "thinking" things?

ejsteeler
11-04-2008, 01:56 PM
I don't know i you are over thinking things or not, but it is probably more related to the game being pretty secure and giving Willie some time off to keep him healthy. :dunno:

SteelersWoman
11-04-2008, 02:16 PM
About Moore not doing well with the Vikes and them letting him go--sometimes it takes changing teams for true ability to show up. Wes Welker is a prime example.

I think it's great that we've got several backs that can do a good job. I'm still waitin' for that "pony backfield" though. I'd LOVE to see that wrinkle introduced, and thought maybe we'd see it last night...oh well, maybe they're saving it for the playoffs--or the Super Bowl? :grin1:

Dean Denton
11-04-2008, 02:55 PM
You predicated your whole arguement on "toughness" when truth be told, toughness is probably down near the bottom somewhere in terms of inherent attributes for a RB. The natural assumption is ... if you made it to the NFL and you're starting .... you're TOUGH. That doesn't mean you're not injury prone, but mentally, you're tough enough to have made it to the professional ranks.

The NFL is a league of "What have you done for me lately?" .... If you're not producing, you're either watching from the sidelines, or worse yet ..... from home because you didn't make the team.

My case for Moore is solid and I've not yet heard any substinative refute to lead me to believe otherwise. :popcorn: Really??? Because Shawn Alexander had all the attributes other than toughness thats why he got cut.

Steelersfan
11-04-2008, 03:23 PM
What holes!?

I sure as hell didnt see any, and the only time he was able to gain yardage was when he busted the play to the outside, which he should have done more often. The FACT of the matter is this, people who get paid to evaluate players, think Willie is better than Moore, and thats why he is starting, so your opinion is moot here.

There were a few holes I thought he missed but it wasn't as bad as I have seen him in past games. And nobodys opinion is moot. We should all be happy we have two good backs we can argue about.

Willie put up 70 yards on the 5th best rushing D lasst night, I guaran-****ing-tee Moore would have done no better. He runs too soft. He is an excellent 3rd down back, and not an every down back.

Moore runs softer than Parker????? What games you been watching? In all three starts Moore had he was consistently falling forward when tackled. Neither of these two are going to be like Bettis and run people over but any back that falls forward isn't running soft.

Moores 3 starts came against:

the bungles (24th run D)

the jags (20th run D)

and the giants (7th run D) worst game

Moore should be catching passes out of the backfield, and maybe the occasional draw, and getting 9-10 carries a game, tops.

You do that for Parker and I bet you see him start breaking some long runs again. Again, I'm not saying get rid of Parker, just to use him to his strength which is speed. And to keep is edge he needs to have fresh legs.

Willie could have run for 100yds and scored 2 TD's last night and there are some here who would have called it a fluke. They are gonna think what they want to....

I don't see where anyone is calling him a fluke. I know when I say things about Parker it is because I want the Steelers to use him the best way possible and for as long as possible. You can think what you want and I'll think what I want.

As it was, Willie did have a decent game for someone coming off a knee injury, which means he can still be a productive member of this offense. Having him and Moore as options in the backfield can open up some creative playcalling...oh, but wait, BA is still the OC, isn't he? *Sigh*...oh well...

I agree, don't think they are using either to the best of their abilities.

While I don't think FWP will "go nuts" against the Colts next weekend. I still think he will have a good game.

These are just my opinions only and if you don't like them I could care less.

MPYOUNG33
11-04-2008, 03:46 PM
Parker is hands down a better athlete than Moore

Steelersfan
11-04-2008, 03:48 PM
Parker is hands down a better athlete than Moore

WOW!!

TEEMONT
11-04-2008, 04:01 PM
These are just my opinions only and if you don't like them I could care less.

No back in the NFL is going to fall forawrd when he is hit in the backfiled....none of them. Moore is not as big as Parker and does not run as hard. Moore may be a bit more shifty but thats it.

Willie is plenty shifty though. We all saw him make about 3 guys miss on a 5-6 yard run in the 1st half.

Steelersfan
11-04-2008, 04:17 PM
No back in the NFL is going to fall forawrd when he is hit in the backfiled....none of them. Moore is not as big as Parker and does not run as hard. Moore may be a bit more shifty but thats it.

Willie is plenty shifty though. We all saw him make about 3 guys miss on a 5-6 yard run in the 1st half.

Moore and Parker are almost the same exact size so don't be saying Parker is bigger. You go watch the game again and tell me when it was they started moving the ball. That's right, when Moore got involved with the passing game. You go ahead and keep the one dimensional Parker and have a below average offense.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-04-2008, 04:25 PM
Ok.....Here is my take.....Both Parker and Moore are not franchise RB's......But I think both are good RBs with different skill sets.....I also think both need to be involved in the game plan and get their share of touches.......Willie shouldn't have to be asked to carry the ball 20-25 times a game......I would suggest 15-20.......Then Moore to have around 10+ and use Moore in the passing game......In my opinion Moore is a better all around RB then Willie Parker but I still would start Parker and us Moore in the role that I suggested.....

I don't understand the knocks on Parker from last night....He was the only offense we had until Leftwich replaced an injured Big Ben....Considering Parker has been battling his own injuries and hasn't played since week 3....I thought Parker did a solid job last night.....

Dean Denton
11-04-2008, 04:37 PM
I agree with you. I thought Parker played well. And I really think your idea of playing both of them sound good to me. I think thats what they were doing. Moore does seem like a more complete back only because you can throw to him. But pure running talent I really give it to Parker. Better speed, better stiff arm, and just over all better feet.
Moore however seems to have better vision. Better at hitting the hole. They need to take advantage of this and come together and run the table. If Parker is 100% I have a hard time not wanting him in there except against the Ravens.....

Iron City South
11-04-2008, 04:49 PM
Moore and Parker are almost the same exact size so don't be saying Parker is bigger. You go watch the game again and tell me when it was they started moving the ball. That's right, when Moore got involved with the passing game. You go ahead and keep the one dimensional Parker and have a below average offense.

This man is exactly 100% correct. The tides turned when Moore started seeing some action.

Oh, and let it be said that on paper, Moore is just as almost as Parker too believe it or not.

TEEMONT
11-04-2008, 04:50 PM

they started moving the ball when Leftwich came in the game, that's when they started moving it. Besides I have said about 15 times in this thread that Moore is better catching the ball, but he cannot run the ball.

Willie is still bigger and a lot better built to take the long haul.

I don't follow anyone (much like ICS has done to me since he has been here).

If I disagree with someone I tell them, I could care less if they like it or not, that includes everyone, and I would expect the same from anyone else on this board. Some people can't take having their opinion being not totally agreed with. Some other people have no clue about the game of football. I'm not going to agree with someone just b/c its the popular opinion, never have, never will. I form my own opinions from what I see, and from what I have seen over the pat three years, Willie is a better back than Moore. Hands down.

Moore was stuck on the bench in Minnesota long before AP got there. Willie is obviously impressing the men who get paid to make football decisions.

Steelersfan
11-04-2008, 05:01 PM
they started moving the ball when Leftwich came in the game, that's when they started moving it. Besides I have said about 15 times in this thread that Moore is better catching the ball, but he cannot run the ball.

Willie is still bigger and a lot better built to take the long haul.

I don't follow anyone (much like ICS has done to me since he has been here).

If I disagree with someone I tell them, I could care less if they like it or not, that includes everyone, and I would expect the same from anyone else on this board. Some people can't take having their opinion being not totally agreed with. Some other people have no clue about the game of football. If you don't like the fact that I disagree with you (which I did respectfully until you turned into a bitch) then you can go eat one. I'm not going to agree with someone just b/c its the popular opinion, never have, never will. I form my own opinions from what I see, and from what I have seen over the pat three years, Willie is a better back than Moore. Hands down.

Moore was stuck on the bench in Minnesota long before AP got there. Willie is obviously impressing the men who get paid to make football decisions.

I could care less if you agree with me.Why don't you tell me what it is I said that hurt you so bad?

AZ_Steeler
11-04-2008, 05:03 PM
Stats don't lie:
Name|G|Rush|Yds|Y/G|Avg|Lng|TD
Willie Parker|4|87|333|83.3|3.8|32|4
Mewelde Moore|8|69|320|40.0|4.6|32|3

It's not even debatable... Moore's numbers far exceed that of a Willie Parker! For the record... Moore averaged 90 ypg while starting.

TEEMONT
11-04-2008, 05:10 PM
Stats don't lie:
Name|G|Rush|Yds|Y/G|Avg|Lng|TD
Willie Parker|4|87|333|83.3|3.8|32|4
Mewelde Moore|8|69|320|40.0|4.6|32|3

It's not even debatable... Moore's numbers far exceed that of a Willie Parker! For the record... Moore averaged 90 ypg while starting.

against D's rated in the lowest 3rd of the league, with the exception of NY. Teams that Willie more than likely would have averaged 100+ yards per game against.

Moore is good CATCHING BALLS out of the backfield, and he proved that last night. Put a stiff D in front of him, and not only does he not fall forward, he runs backwards.

Judging by those stats he should have had about 19 yards on his 4 carries last night.

--- Added 11/4/2008 at 03:10 PM ---

I could care less if you agree with me. I disagreed with you and you have to resort to the name calling like you always do. If anyone is a bitch here when people don't agree with them it's you. Talk about thin skinned........sorry if I hurt your little feelings. Why don't you tell me what it is I said that hurt you so bad?

Dean Denton
11-04-2008, 05:17 PM
If the coaches thought Moore was better I'm pretty sure they would start him over Willie. I have to agree with the ever lovable Teemont on this.

jpele
11-04-2008, 06:25 PM
:imhere: Ill say it.

Fast Trippin Parker would be lucky to have 3TDs at this point.

He got 3 before he got hurt

I like Willie and this is not meant as a bash on him but FWP just has straght line speed, no moves(jukes, slashing)....nothing but straight speed, PERIOD.
Guess you missed the play were he juked 3 defenders to gain 9 yards. The announcers even mentioned that his knee must be better to make those moves.

I'm not going to argue over who's the better back,I'm glad we have both of them. If you think Moore is better because of the fact he was drafted in the 4th round,explain to me why he was a bench warmer the past three years ?

Stairwayto7
11-04-2008, 07:55 PM
We have to give our run blocking line some credit, no matter who we out in, they get us the needed yards

BlitzburghRockCity
11-04-2008, 08:21 PM
This is/was a good thread; we're going to clean it up and move it back out.

OK, I cleaned it up and moved it back out in the open. This is a great debate that went south so let's get it back on track and be cool, ok ?

Anyways...

I've always been a Parker fan, everyone knows that but Moore is as solid a back is there is and we couldn't have won the games we did without him with Parker was out. Willie is back but if Tomlin and Arians don't get a clue and start using them both we're not going to have 1 of them in December. Willie got some good rest so he'll benefit from that but you can't run one of them into the ground when the other is there to help out. Moore should get carries and looks in the passing game and Willie should too. Why wouldn't you want to have fresh legs who are both into the flow of the game in the 4th quarter?