PDA

View Full Version : Can we please stop having Davenport return kicks...

Troyisabeast_43
10-26-2008, 11:45 PM
I mean for crying out loud the guy cannot get passed the 25 yard line on every single kickoff he has and just adds no kick or no burst to the kickoffs what so ever. This is one area where the Steelers have a huge huge problem on this team and in a game of field position today it really cost them big time. I would rather have anybody returning kicks at this point then Davenport. Get somebody with some speed back there like a Nate Washington or Ike Taylor or just somebody other then Davenport who in my opinion is a complete and total load and has no business even being on this team when Willie Parker comes back.

HUNT4SEVEN
10-27-2008, 12:01 AM
Davenport is not the problem BLOCKING seems to be an BIG problem, the Special Teams players needs to BLOCK plain an simple:yellowthumb::imho::crossfingers:

Troyisabeast_43
10-27-2008, 12:22 AM
I disagree on kickoffs you need somebody back there who has that extra jolt or burst of breakaway speed and Davenport just doesnot have that period. He adds nothing plain and simple. I just cant believe they have nobody better or with more speed capable of returning kicks other then Najeh Davenport.

Koopa
10-27-2008, 12:32 AM
i was complaining all game about this......he had one good run the first year he was here and has been a piece of **** ever since........... i don't understand how they can't find some wr or cb out there with speed to do this...... it's just ****ing retarded to have him out there....... just pisses me off cause tomlin is to stupid to make a change....................

BR7
10-27-2008, 01:35 AM
Sounds like a job for Sweed. They have high hopes for the kid, why not stick him back there?

BlitzburghRockCity
10-27-2008, 07:27 AM
run up fall down, run up fall down, I mean hell if that's all they want out of a return guy in kickoffs then I'll do it! I'll come a helluva lot cheaper than Davenport.

Dallas Baker has return experience too, hell at this point anybody is better than what we have.

ejsteeler
10-27-2008, 12:36 PM
Agreed!!! We have plenty of options here and don't understand the need to stick with him.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-27-2008, 12:58 PM
If Moore wasn't our only running game right now I'd say put him back there but if he gets hurt doing that we are REALLY screwed.

ejsteeler
10-27-2008, 01:00 PM
Yeah, I don't like having Morre back there for punts or kicks. We need to keep him healthy. If not to start, to be a quality reliever for FWP when he is healthy.

Koopa
10-27-2008, 01:36 PM
Sounds like a job for Sweed. They have high hopes for the kid, why not stick him back there?

the commissioner actually banned sweed from returning kicks cause the fear of ppl getting paralyzed when they attempt to tackle him and the fact he'd score ever time just walking

Koopa
10-27-2008, 01:37 PM
Yeah, I don't like having Morre back there for punts or kicks. We need to keep him healthy. If not to start, to be a quality reliever for FWP when he is healthy.

it should be the other way around, parker needs to be the reliever, moore has stepped up against good defenses, parker has never done that

Troyisabeast_43
10-27-2008, 02:50 PM
run up fall down, run up fall down, I mean hell if that's all they want out of a return guy in kickoffs then I'll do it! I'll come a helluva lot cheaper than Davenport.

Dallas Baker has return experience too, hell at this point anybody is better than what we have.

At this point try anybody else but Davenport. What is wrong with putting Gary Russell back there and giving him a chance?? He at least is not soft and has some speed and can hit the holes with a burst. Davenport adds none of this and Tomlin just will not do anything about it and has this love fest thing with Davenport that I just do not understand.

SteelCityPride08
10-27-2008, 04:46 PM
im glad somebody finally said this

Troyisabeast_43
10-27-2008, 05:22 PM
im glad somebody finally said this

Well it's a huge problem right now at this point and it needs to be addressed and Tomlin should be asked this question tomorrow at his news conference. They need more production out of this area in terms of getting better field position during the course of each game. Tomlin cannot come out if asked about this and say that Davenport has done a decent job on returns and he is pleased with him. It's a bold face lie if he says this and it's an area on the field that needs to be addressed I think immediately to give the Steelers a better chance to get some kind of spark in the kicking game when they start drives. I mean every single drive starts no further then the 25-30 yard line since Davenport has been returning kicks and in my opinion that is completely unacceptable.

Ambridge
10-28-2008, 08:22 AM
Both kick-off and punt return teams are pitiful and do little to help get the ball in good field position and I'm sure are at the bottom of the league in return yardage.
Davenport does need to stop returning kicks and so does Santonio Holmes.

The Steelers really need to address the special teams return game in the off season.

$teelersRule
10-28-2008, 05:11 PM
we did pick up that kid onto the practice squad any word on how he is looking?