PDA

View Full Version : Wasted effort

Clevelandsux
10-26-2008, 09:41 PM
:cursin:A loss like this is hard to swallow. We had the giants on the ropes. Our defense had a valiant effort. Our offense was terrible.How many yards backwards did we go on that particuliar drive? We were going into score the knockout punch, but then all of a sudden we're back on our own 30? Too many mistakes and penalties. Willie Colon sucks. He's the other half of the two headed monster (Simmons the other) the needs to go. Melde Moore is a gem. I'm starting to think "Willie who?".

The difference was Eli outplayed Ben. Ben threw 4 Ints. He forced the ball all day. Plus we gave up 5 sacks. Props to Aaron Smith for playing. Our defense folded in the end, but they were just on the field way too long. Plus our secondary became even more depleted.

The injuries just keep mounting. Our long snapper went down, and that ended up being the turning point in the game. Been a long hard week for the Steelers starting with the bounty thing, Holmes getting busted, Smith's situation etc. Plus this game.

Just goes to show you have to play a complete football game in order to beat a quality team like the Giants. Hopefully we can regroup. I'm over and out.

DBR96A
10-26-2008, 09:44 PM
QBs tend to force throws if they think they're going to get creamed every time they drop back.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-26-2008, 09:48 PM
Eli didn't have a great day either, lets not get crazy here. What he did have was time to throw and for the most part made good decisions or atleast just enough to get the win. Our defense had him on the ropes countless times but was always a half step away. Credit both him and his line for that.

Clevelandsux
10-26-2008, 10:15 PM
No the Giants offensive unit did not play great either. But, Eli didn't throw 4 Int's. He came through in the end. Ben did not.

DBR96A
10-26-2008, 10:45 PM
No the Giants offensive unit did not play great either. But, Eli didn't throw 4 Int's. He came through in the end. Ben did not.

They didn't run-block well, but they did well in pass protection. Put Eli behind our offensive line and he'd throw 4 INTs too.

steelerschick1220
10-26-2008, 10:45 PM
Ben isn't going to always win us the game. Today was one of those games. I bet he will redeem himself on Monday night.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-26-2008, 11:21 PM
I'll tell you who should be pissed off and feel like they gave a wasted effort, that's the defense. They shut down the Giants for 3 quarters and get little help from the offense, then in crunch time they need help and the offense is nowhere to be found.

HUNT4SEVEN
10-27-2008, 12:31 AM
No the Giants offensive unit did not play great either. But, Eli didn't throw 4 Int's. He came through in the end. Ben did not.:imho:that was the difference 4 INT'S that will kill any team, it killed the Giants when Eli threw 3 againts the Clowns, Our problem was play calling an Bens INT'S:evilshake:

steelersgal86
10-27-2008, 08:47 AM
I'll tell you who should be pissed off and feel like they gave a wasted effort, that's the defense. They shut down the Giants for 3 quarters and get little help from the offense, then in crunch time they need help and the offense is nowhere to be found.

:iagree: Isn't that the truth....

ejsteeler
10-27-2008, 01:32 PM
Eli didn't have a great day either, lets not get crazy here. What he did have was time to throw and for the most part made good decisions or atleast just enough to get the win. Our defense had him on the ropes countless times but was always a half step away. Credit both him and his line for that.

Your right, but I give the credit to not getting to Eli to the NFL for making everyone afraid to play into the whistle. :evilshake:

BlitzburghRockCity
10-27-2008, 02:01 PM
I fully expected this team to come out in the 2nd half the same way we did against the Bengals. We gave them everything in the 1st half and then rallied like we were capable of. We came out in the 3rd quarter and didn't do that bad until the last drive in that quarter when kept moving backwards and had the TD called back. The worst part about all that was we run like 6 minutes off the clock and came up empty.

coggsnyrnyg
10-27-2008, 06:17 PM
Ben threw 4 Ints. Before you hang Ben. Of the 4 INT's, one the receiver dropping the ball into the LB's hands, hard to blame that on Ben. Two were on 4th down, with the last one being a desperation throw on 4th and 15 from his own 5 with a minute or so left. If those are incompletes, it is the same result with different stats.