PDA

View Full Version : Dumb mistakes all day long especially in the 3rd quarter

BlitzburghRockCity
10-26-2008, 07:33 PM
The drive at the end of the 3rd quarter was the back breaker. We had the TD to Nate and then it gets called back, false starts, holding, you name it. This team had their chances today to get up big and could not convert.

This offense just could not respond when they had too, you can't let stupid mistakes kill you and they did it today. Ben did his best to give the game away all day long and the defense just finally could not keep up.

SteelfordWexler
10-26-2008, 07:37 PM
On first impression, the protection was ok for BB today. He double clutched over and over. He couldn't find anyone. He just didn't know where to go with the ball. Maybe the loss of Holmes had something to do with it but BB looked like a rookie out there. He has made so many plays after the play breaks down - I wonder if he can pass in rythum on a regular basis. Blame the coaches if you want, but BB laid an egg.

DBR96A
10-26-2008, 07:40 PM
Ben is an old-school QB. They never passed in rhythm.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-26-2008, 07:41 PM
The protection was ok in the 1st half but it sucked in the 2nd half. Ben didn't respond when he had too and the OL didn't give him time. That is on both of them no question. Ben did his best to give the game away today and we just couldn't over come it in crunch time.

This stuff happens sometimes and today it bit us.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-26-2008, 07:43 PM
Ben is the main reason for the loss no doubt....This is no surprise....You put Ben up against a very good DC like the Giants have and he usually shiats the bed....I'm a big fan of Ben....But this is becoming the norm for Ben when faced against a very good defense and DC he fails to step up.......I don't know why and I can't say but it gives you the impression that maybe Ben doesn't put in the work to be great....Again I don't know for sure but with performances like this it does get me thinking...lol

KSSteelerfan
10-26-2008, 07:45 PM
I agree that BB and the O-Line ram dumped in the second half. On a lighter note I think that our D was awesome. But sadly because of the Steelers lack luster offensive performance in the second half, the Steeler D was on the field way too long.

OC Steel Curtain
10-26-2008, 07:52 PM
bad decisions.. he panics too often.. he has no confidence in his wr and linemen.. and after every screwed up play he need to stop trying to find excuses.. He will shake this off and things will start falling on our side.. everything just seems to go wrong for us.. from the long snappers awkward knee bend to our secondary falling apart.. its sad and a loss, but we will be back and once we are healthy again.. good luck NFL

DBR96A
10-26-2008, 07:59 PM
bad decisions.. he panics too often.. he has no confidence in his wr and linemen.. and after every screwed up play he need to stop trying to find excuses.. He will shake this off and things will start falling on our side.. everything just seems to go wrong for us.. from the long snappers awkward knee bend to our secondary falling apart.. its sad and a loss, but we will be back and once we are healthy again.. good luck NFL

I disagree with one thing: Ben doesn't spread the blame. Hell, sometimes he even blames himself when he doesn't have to. He was certainly to blame today; he just wasn't throwing the ball well at all.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-26-2008, 07:59 PM
If I'm Ben I don't have confidence in them either. Santonio is out so we're down a weapon, Parker is out, and the line was starting to crumble late in the 2nd and then went to **** in the 3rd and 4th.

SteelerFan87
10-26-2008, 08:06 PM
The protection was ok for a while. There were a few coverage sacks. I'd give alot of criticism to the WRs for not getting open. But at the end, when we needed to just get SOMETHING, the Oline just completely collapsed.

:evilshake:

Moondog
10-26-2008, 08:12 PM
You are right TG, the third quarter is what made the difference. The Steelers had the Giants on the ropes, they outgained them at one point in the third 100-16 and had oportunities to put the Giants away for good, but they couldn't get it done. Man, that drove me nuts when they got that TD called back, that would have changed the whole complexion of that game. Coulda, woulda, shoulda. Oh well.

NCSteeler
10-26-2008, 08:14 PM
I think the thumb was hurting badly enough to distract him. What was wrong with Ward, he wasn't his usual smiling self. It felt like the offense was just out of sync. Maybe they should have ran more no huddle.

NCSteeler
10-26-2008, 08:16 PM
They really did GIVE this one away in the 3rd. I think there were positive plays called back on penalties 3 in a row I think. The TD, the nice first to Sweed adn I can't remember the other, but you just can't give up those oppurtunities against a good team , when your D is playing lights out.

DBR96A
10-26-2008, 08:18 PM
I think the thumb was hurting badly enough to distract him. What was wrong with Ward, he wasn't his usual smiling self. It felt like the offense was just out of sync. Maybe they should have ran more no huddle.

Absolutely, considering it's our only chance of moving the ball against any defense that's worth a ****.

SteelerNC
10-26-2008, 08:22 PM
Was that a true holding call on Nate Washington's 2nd TD that was called back? I have seen worst holds not called than that. Agree/Disagree?

BlitzburghRockCity
10-26-2008, 10:06 PM
It was holding, the refs are cracking down on that a lot more. Colon is the king of false starts and with him defending Tuck all day he just couldn't keep up in the 2nd half.

Clevelandsux
10-26-2008, 10:14 PM
Colon is terrible.

Troyisabeast_43
10-26-2008, 11:03 PM
It was holding, the refs are cracking down on that a lot more. Colon is the king of false starts and with him defending Tuck all day he just couldn't keep up in the 2nd half.

Dont forget it all started after Chris Kemo had that personal foul after the 3rd down conversion to Limas Sweed. That set us back 15 yards and then the very next play Colon has the holding call against him as you said on the Washington TD. I was at the game today and you can feel the momentum change right there in the stadium after the Steelers failed to convert on that series. It completely gaves the Giants new life when they completely and totally on the ropes that whole entire 3rd quarter.

NCSteeler
10-26-2008, 11:21 PM
Kemo's penalty was just plain stupid.

ejsteeler
10-27-2008, 12:51 PM
:willybs:
I counted at least 5 clear holding penalties against us in the first half that were not called. All of a sudden in the second half they start calling it and look who it was againts!!!!:evilshake::banging:
I'm not saying our calls were bad but it would be nice to have it called on the other team when it freakin happens all game.

Silverback 92
10-27-2008, 02:01 PM
it all starts at the O-Line and ours SUX plain and simple

Ambridge
10-27-2008, 05:29 PM
Am I the only one who notices that when Ben does take a short drop-back he takes what looks like a step and a half and maybe a hop and doesn't get enough clearance away from the center.
If the center and guards take only one step backwards in their pass protection then Ben is already being crowded and feeling some slight pressure and then starts the double clutching and looking to run around to make a play on the run.

It doesn't look like Ben takes a true 3 step in the shortest drop and pretty much kills the play from the start.

LatrobePA
10-27-2008, 06:33 PM
38.5 passer rating, 4 INT's and 5 sacks and we only loss by a TD to the defending SB champs!!

It's like this, at least our O didn't play it's best and come up short!

This is something they will work off of and expect to see a diffrent team here on out!!

On another note, remember last years game against the AZ Steelers, Ben wanted so bad to smear whiz's face in poop that it made him force things and play like crap???

Ben wanted to prove he was the better QB Sunday thus forcing the ball too much and holding on to it too long waiting for a play to open....Cost us the game last year and again this year!!

Like I said we'll be a much better team now knowing we can hang with on of the better team in the league...