PDA

View Full Version : Time to fire the offensive coordinator

tenToesUp
10-26-2008, 08:26 PM
We need someone who knows how to put a team away. This guy is pathetic.

Iron City South
10-26-2008, 08:29 PM
If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times ...

Any Off. Coord. who was fired from Cleveland should NEVER have been considered in teh first place. The guy is pure vanilla .... he has no creative depth to him whatsoever.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-26-2008, 08:35 PM
Call out Arians if you want but tell me how they are supposed to do anything when they can't protect the QB and a QB who can't get rid of the ball when he has too. I love Ben to death but too many times today he just held onto it way too long.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-26-2008, 08:35 PM
I agree that Bruce Arians called a terrible game as usual.....But Ben and his 4 INTs are as much to blame as Bruce for this loss....A total **** performance by our franchise QB....

Koopa
10-26-2008, 08:36 PM
it's not that they couldn't protect him, it's that ben is to ****ing stupid to dump it off quick, he only wants big plays............. and that last drive ben called the plays and it was his **** up, i hate arians but ben is at fault here cause they are letting him call the plays and he's to stupid to do anything

Black@Gold Forever32
10-26-2008, 08:37 PM
Call out Arians if you want but tell me how they are supposed to do anything when they can't protect the QB and a QB who can't get rid of the ball when he has too. I love Ben to death but too many times today he just held onto it way too long.

Well Arians didn't throw the ball on first down to maybe even throw the Giants D off....He waited until it was 14-12 to throw the ball on first down...lol He is an idiot and I hope he is fired....But Ben was total **** today....

BlitzburghRockCity
10-26-2008, 08:38 PM
Ben was total **** today nobody can deny that, 3 INT's in a game is unacceptable in a defensive contest like this one. The line didn't do him any favors though either especially late in the game.

tenToesUp
10-26-2008, 08:39 PM
Arians has Ben in cement shoes. Ever hear of a designed roll out or a screen pass Bruce?

DBR96A
10-26-2008, 08:42 PM
Arians has only recently heard of a three-step drop.

As for Ben, he's the third-best QB of the draft class of 2004 until proven otherwise.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-26-2008, 08:45 PM
We only used the no huddle once today...why we weren't using it all during the 2nd half to slow down that pass rush I'll never know. This team just goes into stupid mode at the wrong times, put the game in Ben's hands and let him run it. Yeah he sucked today but the pressure was getting there and you have to combat that and atleast give your team a chance.

BlackGold4vr
10-26-2008, 08:53 PM
One of the pre-game shows somebody said that the team that protects their QB better wins the game. Turns out to be very prophetic! We will continue to struggle with all the good teams with our crappy O-line. Nobody should be surprised as we all knew it sucked last year. I don't believe we will be able to go far in the playoffs with the current O-line play. Either they get a lot better or we will be an early exit from the playoffs. They are starting to remind me of the Ravens, great defense and an offense that can't get out of its own way. :thinking:

BR7
10-26-2008, 09:00 PM
Willie Colon can eat a big bag of dicks.. He couldn't block my 5 year old. He's to blame more than Clevelands cast off.

DBR96A
10-26-2008, 09:06 PM
Willie Colon can eat a big bag of dicks.. He couldn't block my 5 year old. He's to blame more than Clevelands cast off.

Max Starks can eat an even bigger bag of dicks, considering he wasn't even good enough to win the starting job from Colon!

We need a pair of offensive tackles in the worst way.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-26-2008, 09:09 PM
I'm tired of hearing the OL excuses....Yes they deserve some of the blame.....But Ben dropped the ball today....He was flat out terrible....I don't how anybody can't see that.....Yes Willie Colon is a fat useless slob of a RT...Problem is there is no other option at RT on the roster...He is the king of the false start.....But one point on the holding call by Colon.....Yes he held and did cost us 6 points.....But I don't know if Ben gets that ball off if Colon doesn't hold Tuck....So I don't think we would have scored that TD anyway.....

Arians sucks and needs to go....Ben needs to learn to stop looking for Hines Ward most of the damn time.....That 4th down INT Ben was looking at Hines the whole way after the intial pressure....

BR7
10-26-2008, 09:12 PM
I don't disagree at all BG. Ben sucked, Bruce.. well.. we all know. Colon, Starks etc etc. I love Bens three step drops and eventually eats it. WRs? Arians? Ben? All of the above.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-26-2008, 09:20 PM
I don't disagree at all BG. Ben sucked, Bruce.. well.. we all know. Colon, Starks etc etc. I love Bens three step drops and eventually eats it. WRs? Arians? Ben? All of the above.

The whole offense besides Moore, Miller and Washington....They're the only ones that consistently made plays today on offense today....lol Plus Miller isn't used enough.....To quote Koopa....lol Plus he is right....Miller is such a weapon when he is given a chance....

The Steelers better draft an OT within the first two rounds and maybe sign a quality vet OT......This team needs to be upgraded at the OT position bad in the off-season....I agree with that and I have said all along the OL is average at best....I just can't sugar coat the performance by the franchise today Big Ben....

lloydfan4life
10-26-2008, 09:23 PM
I agree w/Top Gun. I thought we would've seen the no huddle at least a little bit in the 2nd half. It seemed like they made some good adjustments at half time and came out really strong in the third quarter. Then it was back to the same ol' same ol'. :duh:

Injuries are really startin' to kill us too.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-26-2008, 09:41 PM
One of the pre-game shows somebody said that the team that protects their QB better wins the game. Turns out to be very prophetic! We will continue to struggle with all the good teams with our crappy O-line. Nobody should be surprised as we all knew it sucked last year. I don't believe we will be able to go far in the playoffs with the current O-line play. Either they get a lot better or we will be an early exit from the playoffs. They are starting to remind me of the Ravens, great defense and an offense that can't get out of its own way. :thinking:

The Giants Def Coor. runs his defense the same way Johnson does with the eagles. Pressure Pressure Pressure and blitz like crazy...you would think we'd have learned something the first time around.

steelerschick1220
10-26-2008, 10:51 PM
We need to do the no huddle more!!!!!! I don't know why Arians can't see that. Seriously, if he didn't work in Cleveland why here? He has no creative outlet whatsoever. Ben isn't always going to be our great franchise game winning QB. He is going to have bad games. And then he will totally redeem himself and we will forget about the bad games. You wait and see.

Clevelandsux
10-26-2008, 11:11 PM

Colon is a live abortion. He and Simmons are the two headed monster. I say when Smith comes back, drop colon and try Starks at his position.

HUNT4SEVEN
10-27-2008, 12:33 AM
I never liked the ideal of 3 tightends anyway:willybs::willybs::willybs:, Bruce Arians is an **** poor excuse of an human:cursin::cursin::cursin::cursin::cursin::curs in::cursin::cursin:

ToothAche
10-27-2008, 09:43 AM
.............terrible. That game plan sucked, Arian sucks, Ben sucks, the receivers sucked, not getting the ball the Heath Miller more sucked, the 15 yard cushion on the Giants wide receicers sucked, Tomlin's half-time adjutments sucked, and SpecialTeams sucked!!!

portcityblackandgold
10-27-2008, 09:51 AM
I hope that he is making adjustments to the passing game that includes teaching the other receivers how to recognize the blitzand the definition of a hot route. Ben needs to get his head out of that tunnel that where it is stuck.:nono:

Number99
10-27-2008, 09:52 AM
with all the problems the OL is having, why not give Tony Hills a chance ? he cant do that much worse

ejsteeler
10-27-2008, 01:29 PM
:popcorn:

Man, there is some serious hatre flowing out of this thread.

Bottom line, Ben was one of if not the main reason we lost this game. He knows, he said as much. This ones behind us and hopefully we can learn from it which is not something we seem to have done on offense. Ben and Arians both need to pull the respective butts from their arses and get it together. :imho:

Troyisabeast_43
10-27-2008, 04:08 PM
Did anyone else notice especially on the last 2 drives that all the play call had the wr's going down field atleast 30yds? i never saw a reciever underneath. I never saw Heath run a little 10yd route that works everytime. I never saw Moore as an outlet. It was like Arians just figured lets draw it up like we are playing school yard football and everyone just go long on every play.

We also saw the glaring weakness that is the oline. When a good defense knows that they are going to just drop back and pass they were just teeing off on Ben, who by the way had a terrible game, but he was getting his *** kicked all day.

If Tomlin doesnt see the lack of good play calling after watching that game than he may never see it. This Steeler team has to many weapons on it to look so bad.

Heath Miller gains 10 plus yards everytime he touches the ball. Why oh why is this guy not getting atleast 10 catches a game? Aside from the fact that he has to stay in to help block so much, he should still be getting the ball more. Another reason Arians needs to go. He has one of the best recieving TE's in the game and a pretty good backup as well and niether guy gets the ball nearly enough it's absolutely ridiculous.

BR7
10-27-2008, 04:33 PM
Heath Miller gains 10 plus yards everytime he touches the ball. Why oh why is this guy not getting atleast 10 catches a game? Aside from the fact that he has to stay in to help block so much, he should still be getting the ball more. Another reason Arians needs to go. He has one of the best recieving TE's in the game and a pretty good backup as well and niether guy gets the ball nearly enough it's absolutely ridiculous.

Well said.

I've very dissapointed in the lack of using Heath. He rarely drops a ball, he gets the tough yards and he's a mismatch for just about anyone trying to cover him. We have plenty of TEs on the team we don't throw too (Spaeth/McHue), no need for another.

Where's the Arians that lit us up like a Christmas tree in the playoffs (2002)? I don't see any of that type of ****. Granted our Oline resembles swiss cheese, but wtf?!? Miller needs to do a TO and complain he's not getting the ball enough or he might be a cast off come contract time.