PDA

View Full Version : Aaron Smith's status unknown for Giants game... Marvel Smith out.

Richmond Rukus
10-24-2008, 02:50 PM
"Also, defensive end Aaron Smith was excused from practice for personal reasons for the third day in a row, increasing the possibility he also will not play against the Giants."

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08298/922566-100.stm

I was told, albeit from an unreliable source, that he was going to miss the game. but this is coming from nothing more than a guy on another board stating he heard it on Pittsburgh 1250. More than his status, I hope everything is ok with his family. Word around the press is this is family related. Family comes before football.

HUNT4SEVEN
10-24-2008, 03:01 PM
I hope that's it's nothing serious, an hopes that he play sunday we need him:crossfingers:

LatrobePA
10-24-2008, 03:13 PM
<QUOTE>In other news, running back Willie Parker (knee), tackle Marvel Smith (back) and defensive end Aaron Smith all missed practice yesterday.

Marvel Smith is out for the Giants game and Parker is doubtful. Tomlin said that Aaron Smith, who has missed practice all week because of personal reasons, is questionable for the game.

If Aaron Smith is out we are not gonna WIN, point simple, he's the run stopper as proved last year!!

Dean Denton
10-24-2008, 03:26 PM
This is the first I have heard of this. I googled the info and Aaron has not practiced all week, and could be out for sunday.

LatrobePA
10-24-2008, 03:29 PM
I got it off the front page.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-24-2008, 03:47 PM
Aaron will probably play on Sunday but that's just my opinion. He isn't injured but is dealing with some personal issues.

Marvel is out and that means Starks will again get the nod at LT..if there was a ever a time for to earn that 7 million backup salary it is right now. He absolutely MUST play well if we are going to win this game.

ejsteeler
10-24-2008, 03:49 PM
Aaron will probably play on Sunday but that's just my opinion. He isn't injured but is dealing with some personal issues.

Marvel is out and that means Starks will again get the nod at LT..if there was a ever a time for to earn that 7 million backup salary it is right now. He absolutely MUST play well if we are going to win this game.

Agreed, and if Aaron ends up out, the outcome will be bleak I believe. :evilshake:
However, unless it is life or death, I think he will play also.

memphissteelergirl
10-24-2008, 04:14 PM
I hope that's it's nothing serious, an hopes that he play sunday we need him:crossfingers:

Agreed...I hope whatever it is gets worked out soon. Stay encouraged, Aaron!

Dean Denton
10-24-2008, 04:32 PM
I'm sure he's going to be ok. I know that guy has already gone through so much with his father, and all the challenges that came from that. He's a strong man and there really isn't much I dont think that guy can overcome. Not only is he a physical phenom, he's mentally tough as hell too. He's a Steeler....

Troyisabeast_43
10-24-2008, 05:04 PM

Well first off let's hope that everything is okay personally with Aaron Smith. I mean if he has to miss one game due to a major issue in his family so be it. There is really nothing that can be done about this the Steelers are just going to have to deal with it for a week and move on. If Smith doesnt play along with Holmes and Parker who we both know are now out it will definitely make this game a lot tougher to win. But once again this will be a test here to see how good this Steelers team really is. Good news if Aaron Smith doesnt play Hampton is suppose to be back so just because Aaron Smith is not playing doesnt mean that Brandon Jacobs is going to run wild on Sunday. The Steelers still have a lot of capable players on defense that can make plays and contain the run. I still like the Steelers chances in this game despite all of these guys being out. It will make them look that much better as well as a football team if we do happen to win this game with all these key players out...

SteelerNC
10-24-2008, 05:06 PM
this sux, i hope we wont miss him too much.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-24-2008, 05:27 PM
If Aaron doesn't go, stopping the run just got 50% more tough that it looked like it already would be coming into this game. We all saw how badly we missed him last year and that was with the rest of the OL healthy. Granted our depth is playing better this year which is just what we need but they'll be tested out the wazoo this week. The Giants won't shy away from the run even if we stop it early on so it's going to be a game long battle and we'll have to see how it turns out.

I wouldn't expect Aaron to come out and talk to the media about this anytime soon, if ever. He doesn't like the camera's too much and is more of a loner when it comes to the media and interviews so we may never know. Hopefully he's able to get things sorted out enough to play this weekend.

Troyisabeast_43
10-24-2008, 05:33 PM
If Aaron doesn't go, stopping the run just got 50% more tough that it looked like it already would be coming into this game. We all saw how badly we missed him last year and that was with the rest of the OL healthy. Granted our depth is playing better this year which is just what we need but they'll be tested out the wazoo this week. The Giants won't shy away from the run even if we stop it early on so it's going to be a game long battle and we'll have to see how it turns out.

I wouldn't expect Aaron to come out and talk to the media about this anytime soon, if ever. He doesn't like the camera's too much and is more of a loner when it comes to the media and interviews so we may never know. Hopefully he's able to get things sorted out enough to play this weekend.

It will be hard to stop the run in this game without Smith in there but like I said in my other post it wont be impossible. Guys like Woodley and Timmons are in there this year and Troy is healthy along with Ryan Clark and they are all playing at a high level. Plus, the Steelers D is going to feed off the crowd a lot in this game I believe to stopping the run and playing well on defense. I will be at the game and I can assure you that I will do everything in my power sitting behind the Giants bench to make sure that Eli's life is a complete and total living hell from a noise standpoint on Sunday. Steelers fans who are going to this game bring the NOISE We are going to need it more then ever Sunday...

Stlrs4Life
10-24-2008, 06:16 PM

I hear ya, losing Smith stinks, see last seasons results.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-25-2008, 10:47 PM
I'll believe our ability to stop the run minus Aaron Smith when I see it, and I sure as hell hope we don't have to see it. I know our Defense is healthier now and that's a big thing but the Giants OL very good and they can run the ball so if we line up to stop the run we're going to have to be ready for the pass too. Smith can occupy a double team virtually every play and that is huge vs the run.

Im anxious to see how we do this week, we've got the players and the scheme to do it we just have to execute and not let ourselves get out of our gameplan.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-26-2008, 05:11 PM
Aaron Smith was just introduced and is playing today!!! Good luck man!

NCSteeler
10-26-2008, 09:17 PM
Good to see Aaron in there, he was really solid agains the run, but Max did not earn his game check today.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-26-2008, 09:29 PM
Max looked like **** today he was beaten like a rented mule from midway through the 2nd quarter on.

Troyisabeast_43
10-27-2008, 03:44 PM
Hats off to Aaron Smith for having a rough week with family issues and playing the game and doing a fantastic job in a great defensive performance. It was a great moment seeing him come out of that tunnel yesterday being the last guy introduced and seeing the emotion in his eyes. The crowd erupted when he was introduced and it really shows what kind of stand up man and professional Aaron Smith really is. Hopefully things come around for you and your family!