PDA

View Full Version : Rod Woodson Picks The Giants

Dean Denton
10-24-2008, 12:06 PM
Can you believe this guy? He calls himself a Steeler, but really thinks the Giants are going to win this game in Pittsburgh. He's not giving us any credit. Says our secondary is too hurt and Eli will take advantage of it. Thinks our O-line is soft and played like SHIAT all year. I guess the last two and a half games dont count. Rod has picked against the Steelers like 4 games this year. Does he know something we dont? Even Jamie Dukes likes the Steelers in this game, and he never likes them. Those 2 goof balls on AFC Playbook took the Giants too. I guess this game is where we learn what our team is all about because these so call experts think this Giants team is going to roll our asses up. Do they all think this game is being played in NY? Do they all think what the Browns did to the Giants was a fluke?

I was fired up for this game before, but now I'm just down right steamed, and if given the chance to put the pads on, I would take out Eli myself. You know what? You could put that beast Jacobs in front of me right now and I would clean his clock too. Friggin soft *** bitches. They can all go get stuffed.....That means you too Rod Woodson. Show some faith.

ejsteeler
10-24-2008, 12:25 PM
I'm piulling for our boys, but you cannot deny their points. This is a tough Giants team we are playing. Both teams have to play mistake free football to win.
Let's go Steelers!!!! :cope:

LatrobePA
10-24-2008, 01:14 PM
Giants didn't look to tough playing the Stains!! I think the tension will get to Eli and he makes a few bad plays that cost them the game!! Yea yea he won the SB, who cares that was last year!! He's still Eli at heart!!

Dean Denton
10-24-2008, 01:17 PM
Giants didn't look to tough playing the Stains!! I think the tension will get to Eli and he makes a few bad plays that cost them the game!! Yea yea he won the SB, who cares that was last year!! He's still Eli at heart!! Thank you. Thats what I say. What the hell has crawled up Woodson's ***? OK, he picked the Eagles to beat us, but that was because of Johnsons Def. I get it. That was also in Philly. I dont get it. I would think since Rod played in the Steel city he would understand how hard it is to win there. I really believe he doesn't think much of this team.

ejsteeler
10-24-2008, 01:24 PM
Giants didn't look to tough playing the Stains!! I think the tension will get to Eli and he makes a few bad plays that cost them the game!! Yea yea he won the SB, who cares that was last year!! He's still Eli at heart!!

Thank you. Thats what I say. What the hell has crawled up Woodson's ***? OK, he picked the Eagles to beat us, but that was because of Johnsons Def. I get it. That was also in Philly. I dont get it. I would think since Rod played in the Steel city he would understand how hard it is to win there. I really believe he doesn't think much of this team.

Guys, WE didn't look so tough against the stains. I'm not saying they have a better team, they do have a respectable team though. :nahnah:

Dean Denton
10-24-2008, 01:27 PM
We still won the game. The Giants gave up 35 points, and only scored 14...hhmmm

AZ_Steeler
10-24-2008, 01:42 PM
I've been a Woodson fan for as long as I can remember and I'm not going to let something like this bother me. He's an analyst now so he has to try and stir things up and go against the grain. If he picked the Steelers all the time he would make his job boring and people wouldn't tune in to watch because they would think he was a homer!

HUNT4SEVEN
10-24-2008, 01:49 PM
I'm piulling for our boys, but you cannot deny their points. This is a tough Giants team we are playing. Both teams have to play mistake free football to win.
Let's go Steelers!!!! :cope:
Yep i agree 1000%:tt02::tt02: GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!

LatrobePA
10-24-2008, 01:55 PM
Woodson is OK, he's looking at it on "paper" hell on paper you would think this would be no match. I'm hoping our O-line has had time to gel and they can keep pressure off Ben. Ben has to realize too, he can't hold the f'n ball all dang day....

Look for alot of hurry up O and some wildcat, yes wildcat...Remember in preseason, Ben split out wide Willie took the snap...We were first!! Didn't work great then but it was the pre season...

Troyisabeast_43
10-24-2008, 04:28 PM
Can you believe this guy? He calls himself a Steeler, but really thinks the Giants are going to win this game in Pittsburgh. He's not giving us any credit. Says our secondary is too hurt and Eli will take advantage of it. Thinks our O-line is soft and played like SHIAT all year. I guess the last two and a half games dont count. Rod has picked against the Steelers like 4 games this year. Does he know something we dont? Even Jamie Dukes likes the Steelers in this game, and he never likes them. Those 2 goof balls on AFC Playbook took the Giants too. I guess this game is where we learn what our team is all about because these so call experts think this Giants team is going to roll our asses up. Do they all think this game is being played in NY? Do they all think what the Browns did to the Giants was a fluke?

I was fired up for this game before, but now I'm just down right steamed, and if given the chance to put the pads on, I would take out Eli myself. You know what? You could put that beast Jacobs in front of me right now and I would clean his clock too. Friggin soft *** bitches. They can all go get stuffed.....That means you too Rod Woodson. Show some faith.

Dont let it get to you Dean. The NFL Network has been giving the Steelers the shaft for weeks now. Woodson also picked against the Steelers the Monday night game with the Ravens too. People can keep saying this offensive line is weak and blah blah but the bottom line is the Steelers record is 5-1 and that is all that matters. Terrell Davis a few weeks back when they were talking about playoff teams in the AFC didnt even mention the Steelers at all. He said its all about Tenn and Buffalo. That's fine by me and I hope it keeps up. These clowns on there will start recognizing the Steelers are for real as long as they keep racking up W's in the Win column and right now the Steelers have 5 of them to 1 loss. That's pretty damn good and not a fluke at all. Much like you I hope we pound the Giants into the ground and destroy them. A big win over the Giants and guys like Woodson will start giving the Steelers the respect they deserve.

Dean Denton
10-24-2008, 04:42 PM
Dont let it get to you Dean. The NFL Network has been giving the Steelers the shaft for weeks now. Woodson also picked against the Steelers the Monday night game with the Ravens too. People can keep saying this offensive line is weak and blah blah but the bottom line is the Steelers record is 5-1 and that is all that matters. Terrell Davis a few weeks back when they were talking about playoff teams in the AFC didnt even mention the Steelers at all. He said its all about Tenn and Buffalo. That's fine by me and I hope it keeps up. These clowns on there will start recognizing the Steelers are for real as long as they keep racking up W's in the Win column and right now the Steelers have 5 of them to 1 loss. That's pretty damn good and not a fluke at all. Much like you I hope we pound the Giants into the ground and destroy them. A big win over the Giants and guys like Woodson will start giving the Steelers the respect they deserve.I know I get a little heated sometimes, but Rod is a Steeler, and should know how tough it is to win in Pitt. If the game is close there is no way a Steeler should go against his own. Or is he just a Steeler when its convenient for him? Or is he just trying not to show what he really thinks about this bad *** ball club? I understand that he's got a job to do, but everyone calls it like a homer if its their old team. Faulk and Davis always pick the Broncos and Rams...The Rams suck, come on...

TEEMONT
10-24-2008, 04:45 PM
I'm sure Rod Woodson did it to personally insult you.

God I really hate some Steeler fans.

Who gives a **** who he picked?

LarryNJ
10-24-2008, 04:46 PM
The Giants rush the passer much better than the Eagles. If they have their way with our O line, (which is certainly a possibilty) than Eli won't have to play great, McNabb didn't. If we can protect Ben we'll win. Our defense won't lose the game for us. Rod is simply doing his job. I agree Dean that this game we'll learn what the Steelers & for that matter the Giants are all about.

BLEIER20
10-24-2008, 05:10 PM
Eli hasn't had the Blitzburgh Defense in his face yet! All it's going to take is a series of downs and he won't know what to do! He is definitely not Peyton!

Dean Denton
10-24-2008, 05:32 PM
I'm sure Rod Woodson did it to personally insult you.

God I really hate some Steeler fans.

Who gives a **** who he picked?Hate is a rather harsh word. Maybe you should find Jesus, or go smoke a fat blunt with Holmes. The rage is apparent. Breath in and out man. I cant stand Steeler fans that prejudge. Did you notice my choice of words? Not as threating as yours. It doesn't matter if he didn't do it to personally insult me or hurt my feelings. He shows lack of faith in his team, when the others stay the course and back there teams. Thats what my point was. So I give a shiat who he picked.

Its ok I'm not going to hate you. I have love in my heart for all Steeler fans...Even the *** holes that take cheap shots because of lack of medication or they are just mean from growing up without enough attention from the family. Shame on you.

SteelfordWexler
10-24-2008, 06:24 PM
I'm actually getting pretty anxious about this game. There has been a lot of bad juju this week - Hines and Troy getting a visit from NFL brass (and Hines getting his feelings hurt about being called cheap), Santonio auditioning for a Cheech and Chong camio, Aaron Smith being absent all week - (even if he can play he hasn't practiced), Marvel Smith and FWP are not likely to play.

Another test for Tomlin and the veteran leadership - can they keep this team focused?

lloydfan4life
10-24-2008, 06:35 PM
Rod Woodson got brainwashed when he played for the Ratbirds.

Dean Denton
10-24-2008, 06:35 PM
I'm actually getting pretty anxious about this game. There has been a lot of bad juju this week - Hines and Troy getting a visit from NFL brass (and Hines getting his feelings hurt about being called cheap), Santonio auditioning for a Cheech and Chong camio, Aaron Smith being absent all week - (even if he can play he hasn't practiced), Marvel Smith and FWP are not likely to play.

Another test for Tomlin and the veteran leadership - can they keep this team focused?I have been too...Until today when the Shiat all hit the fan. Next thing we are going to find out Ben has IBS, and will need to wear a diaper for the game...this will really be a test to Tomlin. Can he get this team ready to play, or are they going to fall apart. The Captians will need to step up too.

WoodsonsGirl
10-24-2008, 07:01 PM
I've been a Woodson fan for as long as I can remember and I'm not going to let something like this bother me. He's an analyst now so he has to try and stir things up and go against the grain. If he picked the Steelers all the time he would make his job boring and people wouldn't tune in to watch because they would think he was a homer!

:woodson: :plus1:

Dean Denton
10-24-2008, 07:07 PM
:woodson: :plus1:
Its his job to call it fair, not stay away from a pick because of fear of what people would think. Like I said, faulk and Davis have no issues picking the Rams and the Broncos every week. I just think Rod has little faith in this team, and its starting to show. He picks against them every week. and yet they are 5-1, about to be 6-1. He knows what its like to play in Pittsburgh, and how hard it is to win. Alot harder than to win in Cleveland...Thats all I'm saying...

SteelersWoman
10-24-2008, 07:37 PM
What I DID notice was that he and Jamie both kept talking about OUR offense, and the Giants defense...it could easily go the other way, I mean what about OUR defense against their offense? Our defense IS ranked #1 right now...

But maybe Rod knows how the Steelers are, and that they (usually) play at their best when we're the underdogs--so it could be like a reverse psychology maybe?

MOTORKRAFT
10-24-2008, 08:13 PM
I don't get the NFL network so I haven't seen alot of Rod Woodsons work as a commentator. I don't know if he is good or bad at his job. I do respect his decision to pick against the Steelers. I have no problem at all with that. If I did watch the show I would prefer his honesty over favoritism any day. I wouldn't even care if he said he liked the Ravens more that the Steelers.

Iron City South
10-24-2008, 08:53 PM
I'm with Woodson on this one. Call it a hunch, but I see the Giants taking this game by a TD

lloydfan4life
10-24-2008, 08:59 PM
Its his job to call it fair, not stay away from a pick because of fear of what people would think. Like I said, faulk and Davis have no issues picking the Rams and the Broncos every week. I just think Rod has little faith in this team, and its starting to show. He picks against them every week. and yet they are 5-1, about to be 6-1. He knows what its like to play in Pittsburgh, and how hard it is to win. Alot harder than to win in Cleveland...Thats all I'm saying...

See post #17!! :yesnod:

TEEMONT
10-24-2008, 09:06 PM
Hate is a rather harsh word. Maybe you should find Jesus, or go smoke a fat blunt with Holmes. The rage is apparent. Breath in and out man. I cant stand Steeler fans that prejudge. Did you notice my choice of words? Not as threating as yours. It doesn't matter if he didn't do it to personally insult me or hurt my feelings. He shows lack of faith in his team, when the others stay the course and back there teams. Thats what my point was. So I give a shiat who he picked.

Its ok I'm not going to hate you. I have love in my heart for all Steeler fans...Even the *** holes that take cheap shots because of lack of medication or they are just mean from growing up without enough attention from the family. Shame on you.

Its not his team anymore you mook.

His team in the NFL network, which pays him a lot of money to call it how he see's it. Take you Black and Gold colored glasses off for two seconds. Why should every ex-Steeler be Terry Bradshaw and pick them week in and week out. After a while you lose credibility.

If Woodson thinks the Giants will win, good for him.

And for the record, since you cried about TD and Marhsall always picking their team. Faulk ripped the Rams earlier this year saying they were terrible.

Quit your whining....you do a lot of that.

Gettysburgh_Steel
10-24-2008, 09:24 PM
We all have opinions correct? I like our boys in this one. Let the G-men bring thier defensive on-slaut. There are ways to get around that scheme,and i think we have weapons to combat that. We can stop thier pass rush in its tracks!!!!!We keep thier defense honest with some good old fashioned offense,and they will have to respect what we can do to them.I have all the confidence in the world that we can get the job done. I expect our defense to show up and adjust accordingly. If our offense executes,and the play calling is on the money,we win this game 29-23. Big day for Jeff Reed!:tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02:

BlitzburghRockCity
10-25-2008, 12:17 AM
Woodson is a media guy now, he's not loyal to any team in particular. He criticizes the Steelers, 49ers, Raiders, Ratbirds, you name it. He's just another personality on NFLN throwing in his :2cents:

Axeman
10-25-2008, 10:07 AM
Woodson is a media guy now, he's not loyal to any team in particular. He criticizes the Steelers, 49ers, Raiders, Ratbirds, you name it. He's just another personality on NFLN throwing in his :2cents:

oh how very true this is. Bradshaw don't even pick the Steelers every game.

Silverback 92
10-26-2008, 08:51 AM
who cares what woodson says let the Team do the talkin out on the field where it matters

SteelfordWexler
10-26-2008, 12:03 PM
I understand Woodson's opinion. The Steelers have won - but the offense has been maiking it look hard sometimes - particularly against better opponents. Very few people feel like we have really solved the protection issues from earlier in the season - play calling and improved play up front have made things better, but we haven't kept Ben clean much - and #7 has pulled the rabit out of his hat a few times making plays with defenders all over him. No one would expect that is something to count on to make your offense work. Until we can run our offense against a front like the Giants have - there will be questions and doubts.

Our Defense is typically solid against the run - and protects against the big play pretty well. The trade-off is that they give up those dinks and dunks under the d-backs. In theory a good offense can move the chains and keep us on the field - which would cause problems with sustaining the run defense in the second half as we wear down.

The Giants have the balance to put some pressure on us on both sides of the ball. They could roll on us - its a valid opinion.

There are two sides to this argument - we have weapons to attack the Giants too. Our pass rush is unique and we can attack them well with the pass if we can protect.
This is a barometer for our championship outlook - it comes down to whether our Oline can play well enough. Win or lose - we've got to be playing our best football in January. Today we find out where we are right now. I'm a homer - but I picked Pittsburgh to win today. I think the oline is a work in progress, but the progress has been significant.

Clevelandsux
10-26-2008, 01:35 PM
Most people are picking the Steelers from what I see. He does have valid points. No Holmes, no Smith, no Parker. Alot of distractions this week. It will be a test.

Dean Denton
10-29-2008, 12:58 PM
He's loyal when it fits his needs. He calls himself a Steeler first and foremost, even though he won a SB with the Ravens.

--- Added 10/29/2008 at 11:58 AM ---

Its not his team anymore you mook.

His team in the NFL network, which pays him a lot of money to call it how he see's it. Take you Black and Gold colored glasses off for two seconds. Why should every ex-Steeler be Terry Bradshaw and pick them week in and week out. After a while you lose credibility.

If Woodson thinks the Giants will win, good for him.

And for the record, since you cried about TD and Marhsall always picking their team. Faulk ripped the Rams earlier this year saying they were terrible.

Quit your whining....you do a lot of that.Dude, you are so right. What was I thinking? I'm going to pray every night before bed that I can be as smart, and strong mentally as you. I just hope that oneday I can share that same kind of wisdom with the rest of the world. Thank you for taking the time to set a whinner like me straight. you know how us mooks can be....

ejsteeler
10-29-2008, 01:01 PM
He's loyal when it fits his needs. He calls himself a Steeler first and foremost, even though he won a SB with the Ravens.

Dude, you are so right. What was I thinking? I'm going to pray every night before bed that I can be as smart, and strong mentally as you. I just hope that oneday I can share that same kind of wisdom with the rest of the world. Thank you for taking the time to set a whinner like me straight. you know how us mooks can be....

:rofl: Yeah, sometime I think TEEMONT should be called TEEOFF :rofl: but, you always know where he stands. :yellowthumb:

Dean Denton
10-29-2008, 01:32 PM
:rofl: Yeah, sometime I think TEEMONT should be called TEEOFF :rofl: but, you always know where he stands. :yellowthumb:
Yeah I can see where he stands too. And I think its sad. He likes to pick on mentally weaker people because he has an ugly personality, and it makes him feel better to call people names like,
MOOK= ******* idiot mookie moron jackass mooks stupid jerk fool douchebag midriff loser culture twat idiots dumbass mooky narby taint feeb thug goon oaf dork....
I think Germany had a ruler in the 1930-40's that was the same way. Cant think of his name though. It eludes me at the present time.:nono:

TEEMONT
10-29-2008, 01:53 PM

Dude, you are so right. What was I thinking? I'm going to pray every night before bed that I can be as smart, and strong mentally as you. I just hope that oneday I can share that same kind of wisdom with the rest of the world. Thank you for taking the time to set a whinner like me straight. you know how us mooks can be....

dont be a bitch.

Woodson was right, he ha no reason to be loyal when it comes to picking games. Especially when the team gave up on him.