PDA

View Full Version : Holmes busted for drug possession..**Update, hearing set for Feb. 26

LatrobePA
10-24-2008, 12:46 AM
http://nflfromthesidelines.blogspot.com/

Black@Gold Forever32
10-24-2008, 12:48 AM
Holmes was caught with three blunts....The rest of the article explains the rest......I'm not judging Santonio and really don't care.....But with Nazi Roger Goodell and the way he has been suspending player then he might just suspend Holmes for up to four games....Four games without Holmes would cripple this team....That is why its always to early to talk Super Bowl....To much can happen....I hope for the best....:crossfingers:

PITTSBURGH -- Police cited Steelers receiver Santonio Holmes on charges of marijuana possession Thursday afternoon.Pittsburgh police said Holmes was driving a SUV with out-of-state license plates near Mellon Arena. The vehicle matched the description of one linked to a crime, so officers made an investigatory stop.“When they pulled him over, they found there was a smell of burnt marijuana in the vehicle," said Sgt. James Vogel. “Mr. Holmes was very cooperative with officers and turned over some items to us and was subsequently summoned for those items...a couple of marijuana blunts.”Police said Holmes turned over three marijuana cigars. Officers charged Holmes with one misdemeanor count of possession of a small amount of marijuana. Holmes was given a summons to court and released.Vogel said Holmes was very cooperative, respectful and wasn’t impaired. He thinks that should be taken into account when it comes to any potential action taken against him by the Steelers and the NFL.“We wouldn't expect a steelworker to be laid off or suspended without pay,” said Vogel. “I wouldn't expect a police officer, firefighter or a member of the Steelers.”The Steelers did not have any comment.The NFL policy for substance abuse says for a first violation, the NFL could fine and suspend a player without pay for up to four regular games or six games for a second violation.
http://www.wpxi.com/news/17791739/detail.html (http://www.wpxi.com/news/17791739/detail.html)

BlitzburghNation
10-24-2008, 01:06 AM
:evilshake: Who would've thought it,,,,,,,,,:rant2::rant2::rant2::rant2:
Cannot believe this:cursin: All that talent & gotta pull a friggin ricky williams shiat :rant2:

Koopa
10-24-2008, 01:09 AM
it's just weed calm down..........

Black@Gold Forever32
10-24-2008, 01:13 AM

Yea I agree its just weed.....But you would have to think Roger Goodell is going to suspend Santonio Holmes for this......Even up to 4 games which would suck for this team....I'm hoping he only gets 1 or 2 games....:crossfingers: Even if it his proven that the weed wasn't his or he didn't have it in his system I would still expect him to be suspended....****ing Goodell has been on a power trip since becoming NFL Commish...I really can't stand the douche bag....lol

Koopa
10-24-2008, 01:16 AM
oh i was referring to all those smilies about calming down........ but if he gets suspended, this will be sweeds oppertunity to start his soon to be hof career, and when holmes comes back we can trade every wr we got cause all you need is sweed and holmes to complement him, hell we don't even need a qb, sweed can throw the ball run and catch himself.......... sweed could save the rooneys a lot of money lol

Black@Gold Forever32
10-24-2008, 01:21 AM
oh i was referring to all those smilies about calming down........ but if he gets suspended, this will be sweeds oppertunity to start his soon to be hof career, and when holmes comes back we can trade every wr we got cause all you need is sweed and holmes to complement him, hell we don't even need a qb, sweed can throw the ball run and catch himself.......... sweed could save the rooneys a lot of money lol

I know who you were referring to....I agree that weed isn't a big deal.....I use to smoke weed myself...lol But it just sucks that Holmes could get suspended....Plus Holmes has to think hey I'm an NFL player and I shouldn't put myself in these situations especially with power trip nazi Roger Goodell as NFL Commish....lol

BlitzburghNation
10-24-2008, 01:27 AM
Yeah,it's just weed & gets your :moon: suspended & gets players kicked off the team,,,,,

No big deal "huh" whats the use of getting :whiz: off,,,,,Our team & organization doesn't put up with crap and i've never condoned any type of illegal drugs PERIOD,,,,They don't have time for the bullshit & I don't either,"Some point in your life,you gotta grow up and be a man"

Probably just another "MISTAKE" that's what everyone seems to call it when you get caught doing drugs,drinking & driving,,,,,,,,What a disgrace to the fans,team and above all there familys,,,,,,,,,**** like this makes me :barf:

Steelerlyn
10-24-2008, 01:28 AM
It may be "just weed" to you two but the bottom line is it is against the law.....noone said it is right......I said it is the law. Bam Morris comes to mind.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-24-2008, 01:34 AM
Yeah,it's just weed & gets your :moon: suspended & gets players kicked off the team,,,,,

No big deal "huh" whats the use of getting :whiz: off,,,,,Our team & organization doesn't put up with crap and i've never condoned any type of illegal drugs PERIOD,,,,They don't have time for the bullshiat & I don't either,"Some point in your life,you gotta grow up and be a man"

Probably just another "MISTAKE" that's what everyone seems to call it when you get caught doing drugs,drinking & driving,,,,,,,,What a disgrace to the fans,team and above all there familys,,,,,,,,,shiat like this makes me :barf:

Yea I'm so sure no players from the Steel Curtain era smoked weed or did lines of coke.....lol They were all perfect stand up men....lol Was is Fat Holmes that shot at a police helicopter?..........The Steelers Organization doesn't put up with crap even in the past.....Biggest crock ever......Quit this thinking that the Steelers are this noble organization......They have skeletons in their closet like every other team....Personally I don't care...I'm far from perfect....But I guess your not?

TEEMONT
10-24-2008, 01:43 AM
personally, I think weed and I say no big deal....

but as a fan, its gotta be a big deal. As a group of fans we are always the firs tto call out bungle fans for their ****** record with arrests and crap, so to say no big deal is pretty hypocritical.

--- Added 10/23/2008 at 11:43 PM ---

on the bright side...this could be Sweed's time to shine....

Koopa
10-24-2008, 01:47 AM

but as a fan, its gotta be a big deal. As a group of fans we are always the firs tto call out bungle fans for their shiatty record with arrests and crap, so to say no big deal is pretty hypocritical.

better wear your sunglasses sunday, cause he's gonna be shinning pretty damn bright........ they might make an exception and put him in the hof on monday

Black@Gold Forever32
10-24-2008, 01:49 AM

but as a fan, its gotta be a big deal. As a group of fans we are always the firs tto call out bungle fans for their shiatty record with arrests and crap, so to say no big deal is pretty hypocritical.

I have been one of the few not making fun of the Bengals and their arrests.....I made fun of Chris Henry and Pac Man for being idiots....But smart enough to realize the Steelers have players that are human beings that will make mistakes from time to time....

BlitzburghNation
10-24-2008, 01:57 AM
Yea I'm so sure no players from the Steel Curtain era smoked weed or did lines of coke.....lol They were all perfect stand up men....lol Was is Fat Holmes that shot at a police helicopter?..........The Steelers Organization doesn't put up with crap even in the past.....Biggest crock ever......Quit this thinking that the Steelers are this noble organization......They have skeletons in their closet like every other team....Personally I don't care...I'm far from perfect....But I guess your not?
:nono:
Never said i was perfect,so don't put words in my mouth,,,,,You got your opinion & i got mine !!!!!! :whatever:

I'm sure you know that the N.F.L. is the biggest it's ever been and everything you do now is in under a microscope and we got a commisioner that loves handing down fines & suspensions,,,,,,,,So why shouldn't I be pissed and why shouldn't all steeler fans be pissed over his selfish bullshit ,,,,,,,,,,, :evilshake:

TEEMONT
10-24-2008, 02:02 AM
Never said i was perfect,so don't put words in my mouth,,,,,You got your opinion & i got mine !!!!!! :whatever:

I'm sure you know that the N.F.L. is the biggest it's ever been and everything you do now is in under a microscope and we got a commisioner that loves handing down fines & suspensions,,,,,,,,So why shouldn't I be pissed and why shouldn't all steeler fans be pissed over his selfish bullshiat ,,,,,,,,,,, :evilshake:

he aint playing for you dude....no one plays for the fans....I would be willin to bet 90% of those players would play the game even if there weren't fans in the stands....

its unfortunate, but dont make it about you. its about a young guy makin a dumb mistake, that could affect him and his family, which is much more important than us or the team...

Black@Gold Forever32
10-24-2008, 02:04 AM

I'm sure you know that the N.F.L. is the biggest it's ever been and everything you do now is in under a microscope and we got a commisioner that loves handing down fines & suspensions,,,,,,,,So why shouldn't I be pissed and why shouldn't all steeler fans be pissed over his selfish bullshiat ,,,,,,,,,,, :evilshake:

I guess you missed my posts about Roger Goodell and his power trip....So yea I know all about the NFL....But I'm tired of your believe that the Steelers are this noble organization and they don't put up with this crap....You really think in the 70s the Steelers didn't have players that used weed or coke?...lol But that was ok since they won four Super Bowls....lol

Holmes didn't make a wise choice but I won't nail him to a cross for this either.....

NCSteeler
10-24-2008, 04:01 AM
Recon the Steelers may look to cut ties with the oft in trouble Holmes? I've smoked weed and I don't buy the it's just weed argument,it's illegal, you have to know the consiquences<sp> of your actions. The Sweed pick may have been some fore thought on this after the assult charges on Holmes. I just don't see the Steelers putting up with much more form him. A great talent,a great player, but dumb dumb dumb.

OC Steel Curtain
10-24-2008, 05:15 AM
It may be "just weed" to you two but the bottom line is it is against the law.....noone said it is right......I said it is the law. Bam Morris comes to mind.

Bam Bam was busted for coke.... not buddha. Also Kevin Faulk plead guilty to the same exact charge a while ago had a 1 game suspension.

Dee Mca
10-24-2008, 05:49 AM
My ? is why drive around with it? This guy is a multi million dollar football star. Call up your dealer have him bring it to your house and smoke it their. Don't disgrace the city team and fans by driving around and breaking the law. What would have happened if he was impaired and he hit a kid? Or if he hit someone on a motorcycle? Remember how P.O.'d we got when Ben got hit by someone not paying attention. Well this is one of OUR players doing something stupid. I don't care if he smokes dope. Just don't endanger those around you. B/c of Pacman and the Bungholes and mr. Ricky Williams I think Holmes going to get hit hard. Don't matter what the Pittsburgh PD has to say. I think we back to the days of the NoFunLeague!!!!!!

Captcoolhand
10-24-2008, 06:40 AM
no one plays for the fans....I would be willin to bet 90% of those players would play the game even if there weren't fans in the stands....You got that **** right! :stirpot:

lloydfan4life
10-24-2008, 07:29 AM
I know who you were referring to....I agree that weed isn't a big deal.....I use to smoke weed myself...lol But it just sucks that Holmes could get suspended....Plus Holmes has to think hey I'm an NFL player and I shouldn't put myself in these situations especially with power trip nazi Roger Goodell as NFL Commish....lol

Recon the Steelers may look to cut ties with the oft in trouble Holmes? I've smoked weed and I don't buy the it's just weed argument,it's illegal, you have to know the consiquences<sp> of your actions. The Sweed pick may have been some fore thought on this after the assult charges on Holmes. I just don't see the Steelers putting up with much more form him. A great talent,a great player, but dumb dumb dumb.

Weed Police. :busted1:
You both have just received a 4 Post suspension!
Stand up and back away from your keyboard!

Santonio...... :smoking:....... that was just stupid! :duh:

NOVA STEELERS
10-24-2008, 07:32 AM
:evilshake: :evilshake: :duh: :wtf: is up with Santonio :scratch: how you going to drive around in a vehicle with wackie tabackie in it, was he thinking about using it to dull his mind because he isn't getting thrown the ball :duh:

:wtf: about this driving an out of state SUV matching the discription to one linked to a crime, did he take it from one of his boys :dunno: while they are running from :busted1: makes you :evilshake: about some of these kids who have off the field issues getting some bling bling while still hanging with the old crowd......... IE Mike Vick :2cents:

SteelerNC
10-24-2008, 09:06 AM

I agree it is just weed, but he will get fined and suspended.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-24-2008, 09:40 AM
This could not have come at a worse time, I mean honestly right now heading into the biggest stretch of the toughest schedule in the NFL in decades (past on last years records). We need Holmes to play a big part in this and now that means Sweed is going to be thrust into a starring role on this offense. Is he ready? Right now we don't know, he had the 1 catch last week and it was a good one but the 3rd WR does get some looks in our offense.

This is really a huge blow to us and that means the depth is going to have to respond big time now because Holmes is no joke in the offense and he warrants a double team many times.

drucifer
10-24-2008, 09:41 AM
There is no such thing as "just weed", it has a deeper and longer-lasting effect on a person than some of you may be willing to admit. There's no doubting the effects that it has on the brain, and if you think it wouldn't have an effect on his performance, then you're either a weed apologist (i.e., stoner) or are misinformed. Stupid, stupid move for an athlete attempting to excel at professional football.

LatrobePA
10-24-2008, 09:52 AM
It's just weed, but what kind of message does this send to the kids (mine too) that look up to him and support him by wearing his jersey etc etc....

It's bigger than oh man it's just weed!! What a knuckle head!!

MOTORKRAFT
10-24-2008, 09:52 AM
There is no such thing as "just weed", it has a deeper and longer-lasting effect on a person than some of you may be willing to admit. There's no doubting the effects that it has on the brain, and if you think it wouldn't have an effect on his performance, then you're either a weed apologist (i.e., stoner) or are misinformed. Stupid, stupid move for an athlete attempting to excel at professional football. I choose weed apologist (i.e., stoner). I disagree with every thing you just said.

ejsteeler
10-24-2008, 10:07 AM
I choose weed apologist (i.e., stoner). I disagree with every thing you just said.

You can disagree all you want, that doesn't take away from the truth of it. It negatively effects your brain and body, period. If you think different, you are not very bright. I say not very bright because STUPID is rude. :yesnod:

This can easily sink our season. Butter it up all you want, but Sweed will not come in and make the impact Holmes does. I believe he will be a future star player, but now is not when we needed that stint to start.
Let's hope I'm wrong....:crossfingers:

steelcitysfinestXL
10-24-2008, 10:18 AM
Let's not get off the important matter at hand here, OUR team!! I've smoke ALOT of pot in my life... ALOT! I have to say, in atheletics, it doesnt really effect you as much as SOME posters here have said. Really it pretty much has the same effects on atheletes smoking cigarettes do, your stamina/lung capacity.

He made a very bad decision, no way around that. But IMO this doesnt KILL our team if he is suspended for 1-4 games. It will only make our team stronger (giving sweed and baker much needed reps) We can win our division w/out Santnio at this point. Thats all we need, win our division and keep people healthy. A suspension wouldnt come down from GODell until monday or tues. at the earliest. The Steelers, on the other, hand may choose to take action sooner. But they are more likely to wait until the legal end of it is cleared up first, basically meaning they would wait to see if he is infact guilty of anything.

Lets hope he realizes he is gonna be suspended (deserves to be) and he makes a statement this game Sunday before he is forced to sit out!

ejsteeler
10-24-2008, 10:24 AM
I've smoke ALOT of pot in my life... ALOT! I have to say, in atheletics, it doesnt really effect you as much as SOME posters here have said. Really it pretty much has the same effects on atheletes smoking cigarettes do, your stamina/lung capacity.

Which is huge in professional sports. And again, if you think it does not effect your mind and it's ability to process and retain information such as routes and play responsibilities in this case, then your are fooling yourself. It is a major let down. :cursin:

And as far as this bs about them playing without the fans, you need to wake the f*** up. There would be no football without the fans. :evilshake:

Special K 55
10-24-2008, 10:30 AM
:eek1:The news said a little marijuana....it was more like 3 blounts. He an adult and he has to deal with the consquences of his actions....but don't be a blow hole and do it during the football season. You actions now affect an entire team. Grow up and be responsible. You must really have a bad life, that you need to resort to drugs. Why did we ever let Burress get away?:eek1:

Steelerlyn
10-24-2008, 10:35 AM
Bam Bam was busted for coke.... not buddha. Also Kevin Faulk plead guilty to the same exact charge a while ago had a 1 game suspension.

Yea I do know what I'm talking about-

Byron "Bam" Morris (born January 13, 1972 in Cooper, Texas) is a former American football running back who played for the Pittsburgh Steelers, Chicago Bears, Baltimore Ravens, and the Kansas City Chiefs.

Morris attended Texas Tech where he won the 1993 Doak Walker Award as the top running back in college football. Among other accomplishments while playing for the Red Raiders, Morris was ranked second in the nation in rushing yards per game in 1993.[1] He was drafted by the Pittsburgh Steelers with the 91st overall pick in the 1994 NFL Draft (3rd round). His older brother Ron Morris played for the Chicago Bears.

During his NFL career, he would record 3,809 yards in 974 attempts and scored 35 touchdowns during 75 games. He also caught 103 passes for 790 yards and one touchdown. He played for the Steelers in Super Bowl XXX gaining 73 yards in 19 carries. He wore uniform number 33 for the Steelers.

Morris has become more well known for his off field legal troubles than his football prowess. On June 27, 1996, Morris pleaded guilty to felony possession of marijuana in a plea bargain deal in front of a Rockwall County, Texas judge. Police testified that they found 4 kilograms of marijuana and one gram of cocaine in his car during a traffic stop. He was fined $7,000 and sentenced to 200 hours of community service and six years probation.

He was cut by the Steelers after the guilty plea and signed as a free agent with the Baltimore Ravens. He wore uniform number 33 as a Raven. After two seasons, both marked with suspensions concerning the NFL's substance abuse policy, Morris was released. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bam_Morris

memphissteelergirl
10-24-2008, 10:37 AM
As a group of fans we are always the firs tto call out bungle fans for their shiatty record with arrests and crap, so to say no big deal is pretty hypocritical.

:plus1:

Santo had to know the consequences of his actions, and for some inexplicable reason did not care. That to me says a LOT about his maturity level, despite his amazing athletic talent.
And yeah, I know there were a lot of past Steeler players who were not model citizens, but as an organization the Steelers have managed to at least make an attempt to keep themselves above this kinda crap. I hope Tomlin lowers the boom on him in addition to any punishment the league hands down.

*Sigh* what great news to start off this weekend on! :banging::banging::banging:

Iron City South
10-24-2008, 10:52 AM
In Santonio's defense ...... he says he only does one bowl a day.

http://media.pegasusnews.com/img/photos/2007/08/23/huge-pothead.jpg

steelerschick1220
10-24-2008, 11:24 AM
Stupid, stupid stupid move on Santonio's part. He should have known better then this. He needs to grow up and consider the consequences of his actions. Honestly, weed? At least be smart enough and don't go driving around with it.

floodcitygirl
10-24-2008, 11:28 AM
The just weed or not argument doesn't even matter in this case. The fact is he is NOT like everybody else. He has certain responsibilities that come with the profession he chose. The consequences aren't just on him. It effects a hell of a lot of people. He gets paid an incredible amount of money and has alot of perks in exchange for those responsibilities. I don't care how young he is...he's paid NOT to be so stupid! There are too many freakin ways he could have avoided, at least, getting caught. Uggghhhh!

ejsteeler
10-24-2008, 11:36 AM
In Santonio's defense ...... he says he only does one bowl a day.

http://media.pegasusnews.com/img/photos/2007/08/23/huge-pothead.jpg

:rofl: :hilarious:

--- Added 10/24/2008 at 09:36 AM ---

The just weed or not argument doesn't even matter in this case. The fact is he is NOT like everybody else. He has certain responsibilities that come with the profession he chose. The consequences aren't just on him. It effects a hell of a lot of people. He gets paid an incredible amount of money and has alot of perks in exchange for those responsibilities. I don't care how young he is...he's paid NOT to be so stupid! There are too many freakin ways he could have avoided, at least, getting caught. Uggghhhh!

:plus1:

Stairwayto7
10-24-2008, 11:44 AM
bad news is, Santonios days with us are now limited! This is his third run in with the law, Steelers front office hates bad press.

--- Added 10/24/2008 at 09:44 AM ---

What great OSU wide receiver has been busted for pot????

LatrobePA
10-24-2008, 11:51 AM
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed

Special K 55
10-24-2008, 12:04 PM
Hey Stiller Nation.......Fear not. Follow this game plan: Let's give Limas Sweed a blount to smoke and maybe he will play like Santonio.

steelcitysfinestXL
10-24-2008, 12:08 PM
Which is huge in professional sports. And again, if you think it does not effect your mind and it's ability to process and retain information such as routes and play responsibilities in this case, then your are fooling yourself. It is a major let down. :cursin:

Im in no way promoting/advocating pro atheletes using any illegal substances. But the whole "affecting his abilty and retaining information" thing is a lil exagerated IMO. Theres a difference (physically not morally) in blazing 3 blunts a day, and having 3 blunts on your person. If those 3 blunts were even his, who knows, but im not gonna say he is your typical pothead/burn-out based on this event.

As far as stamina/lung capacity, i think its obvious he is in damn good shape whether he gets high or not... my main point of that post is that everyone is concetrating on shiat the team can change. The main point is when and how long he is suspended. Hopefully he can play (and play well) sunday, cause he will be suspended as soon as monday or tues.

After that, we need Sweed,Baker and Nasty Nate to step up! Im sorry to say it (homes is one of my favorite players) but he hasnt been putting up huge numbers so farthis season. I know he is doing the intangebles ie: stretching the field, dictating coverage and drawing double teams. But we have guys that (hopefully) are gonna step up and take his place. Theres no better time than now to get these guys reps... its better than this happening in December/January.

Dean Denton
10-24-2008, 12:26 PM
I cant believe he did this. How stupid can you be? Somke your weed in the off season. Didn't everyone learn anything from Ricky Williams? Doubt the Rooney's will put up with him. Go Sweed...

Nobody's perfect. Well there was that one guy, but we killed him...lol

ejsteeler
10-24-2008, 12:27 PM
Im in no way promoting/advocating pro atheletes using any illegal substances. But the whole "affecting his abilty and retaining information" thing is a lil exagerated IMO. Theres a difference (physically not morally) in blazing 3 blunts a day, and having 3 blunts on your person. If those 3 blunts were even his, who knows, but im not gonna say he is your typical pothead/burn-out based on this event.

As far as stamina/lung capacity, i think its obvious he is in damn good shape whether he gets high or not... my main point of that post is that everyone is concetrating on shiat the team can change. The main point is when and how long he is suspended. Hopefully he can play (and play well) sunday, cause he will be suspended as soon as monday or tues.

After that, we need Sweed,Baker and Nasty Nate to step up! Im sorry to say it (homes is one of my favorite players) but he hasnt been putting up huge numbers so farthis season. I know he is doing the intangebles ie: stretching the field, dictating coverage and drawing double teams. But we have guys that (hopefully) are gonna step up and take his place. Theres no better time than now to get these guys reps... its better than this happening in December/January.

Good post and good points. :yellowthumb:

Iron City South
10-24-2008, 01:36 PM
Just released .... Santonio's breathalizer test caught from the dashboard cam:

http://www.thehomegrown.com/gallery/3/small_joint.jpg

ejsteeler
10-24-2008, 01:38 PM
Relink, can't see the pic.......

SteelerBee43
10-24-2008, 02:17 PM
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x285/Gremdizzle/mrmackay.jpg

BlitzburghRockCity
10-24-2008, 02:19 PM
Just got the text from KDKA that Tomlin has deactivated Holmes for sundays game. :cursin:

ejsteeler
10-24-2008, 02:25 PM
Thats going to hurt, period. :evilshake: :banging:

Dean Denton
10-24-2008, 02:25 PM
I can only shake my head. Or lower it in shame. I really have mixed feelings on this. Part of me says fire his ***, and the other part says give him a chance. To me, right now I feel that he could care less about the fans or the team to do this. I have saids many times I would not wont someone like T.O or Plexi on this team because of the off field crap, so I guess the same thing has to apply to Holmes as well. God Speed....buster!!!

memphissteelergirl
10-24-2008, 02:27 PM
Just got the text from KDKA that Tomlin has deactivated Holmes for sundays game. :cursin:

Well that really can't be too much of a surprise....

HUNT4SEVEN
10-24-2008, 02:58 PM

:lol::lol::lol::rofl::rofl::rofl::yellowthumb::cla p:

LatrobePA
10-24-2008, 03:16 PM
I personally have lost a TON of RESPECT for this guy now!! We need all the starters for this game!!

SteelfordWexler
10-24-2008, 03:48 PM
Holmes worked extremely hard this offseason and is in tremendous shape- he also put on some muscle mass to stand up the schedule a little better than in the past. Such a shame.

It is very possible that he wasn't using the drug. Even so he still associates with those that do (in his car). It really doesn't matter much.

This is the thing that seems to bring down young players as much as anything else. It is difficult and morally questionable to turn your back on old friends when you make it, but the old friends are still living the old life - and don't have multi-million dollar high visibility careers to protect. This is really sad for a fan - and probably more so for #10.

I don't expect him to miss many games but - lets look forward to seeing the others step up in the meantime. Washington is coming on and is a great athlete. Sweed and Baker will need to step it up a notch and I think they are ready to do so. This team will continue to demonstrate championship caliber depth as we don't miss a beat.

LatrobePA
10-24-2008, 03:54 PM
He admitted to smoking it in his car the day earlier (that's how he explained the smell), so he uses it....It's on the police report!

MOTORKRAFT
10-24-2008, 04:17 PM
I personally have lost a TON of RESPECT for this guy now!! We need all the starters for this game!!Tomlin or Holmes?

LatrobePA
10-24-2008, 04:19 PM
Tomlin or Holmes?

Holmes, Coach T did the right thing....

Dean Denton
10-24-2008, 04:23 PM
What do all of you think should happen to him? I guess what I'm really asking is do you think he should be removed from the team, and or do any of you really want him here any more?

LatrobePA
10-24-2008, 04:29 PM
They will keep him, and I bet he'll be suspended and forced into a drug rehab joint...Just a guess!!

Dean Denton
10-24-2008, 04:34 PM
They will keep him, and I bet he'll be suspended and forced into a drug rehab joint...Just a guess!!
I'm sure they will. But I want to know what you think should happen. do you still want him?

LatrobePA
10-24-2008, 04:56 PM
I can't believe he's that stupid! I really like the damn guy but he's on my **** list now!!

BLEIER20
10-24-2008, 05:02 PM
You know something........YES it is BIG DEAL! HUGE DEAL! I mean come on, yeah you say it's only weed! But people the last time I checked or heard, Holmes doesn't have glaucoma and the **** is illegal anyhow! Plus being an NFL SUPERSTAR for a MAJOR ORGANIZATION like the PITTSBURGH STEELERS, these pro athletes are ALWAYS in the limelight of every move they make! GOOD OR BAD!

I think it's just friggin plain stupidity on his part. Anyone for that matter in any PROFESSIONAL Sport caught with any amount of an illegal substance, should be suspended first off, fined, on a first offense, and if it happens again, there is no Strike 3 here, YOU'RE DONE! Simple as it gets! You want to be a PRO, then friggin act like a PRO! Not some little punk *** kid trying to get high! Get High on the FIELD in a GAME like the SUPER BOWL! WAKE UP PEOPLE!

It's ILLEGAL, people do go to JAIL for it!

coggsnyrnyg
10-24-2008, 05:03 PM
:evilshake: Who would've thought it,,,,,,,,,:rant2::rant2::rant2::rant2:
Cannot believe this:cursin: All that talent & gotta pull a friggin ricky williams shiat :rant2:

Friend of mine works for the J-E-T-S, SUCK SUCK SUCK, anyways, he told me there was a huge coke issue in the NFL. I'm sure more than 75% of the league smokes pot, the key is not getting caught.

Troyisabeast_43
10-24-2008, 05:11 PM
Holmes was caught with three blunts....The rest of the article explains the rest......I'm not judging Santonio and really don't care.....But with Nazi Roger Goodell and the way he has been suspending player then he might just suspend Holmes for up to four games....Four games without Holmes would cripple this team....That is why its always to early to talk Super Bowl....To much can happen....I hope for the best....:crossfingers:

PITTSBURGH -- Police cited Steelers receiver Santonio Holmes on charges of marijuana possession Thursday afternoon.Pittsburgh police said Holmes was driving a SUV with out-of-state license plates near Mellon Arena. The vehicle matched the description of one linked to a crime, so officers made an investigatory stop.“When they pulled him over, they found there was a smell of burnt marijuana in the vehicle," said Sgt. James Vogel. “Mr. Holmes was very cooperative with officers and turned over some items to us and was subsequently summoned for those items...a couple of marijuana blunts.”Police said Holmes turned over three marijuana cigars. Officers charged Holmes with one misdemeanor count of possession of a small amount of marijuana. Holmes was given a summons to court and released.Vogel said Holmes was very cooperative, respectful and wasn’t impaired. He thinks that should be taken into account when it comes to any potential action taken against him by the Steelers and the NFL.“We wouldn't expect a steelworker to be laid off or suspended without pay,” said Vogel. “I wouldn't expect a police officer, firefighter or a member of the Steelers.”The Steelers did not have any comment.The NFL policy for substance abuse says for a first violation, the NFL could fine and suspend a player without pay for up to four regular games or six games for a second violation.
http://www.wpxi.com/news/17791739/detail.html (http://www.wpxi.com/news/17791739/detail.html)
Shame on Santanio Holmes for putting himself in that kind of situation knowing what the NFL is doing with these kinds of situations now. He has got to be smarter then that and know what he is getting into at all times. This Steelers team is too good this year and has a very very realistic shot to win the Super Bowl. Things like this can take those dreams and flush them right down the toilet. For Holmes to put in himself in this kind of position and risk suspension and hurting his team is just flat out inexcusable and really stupid. He gets what he deserves in a situation like this as far as I'm concerned. Coach Tomlin is doing the right thing not playing him and sitting him out for the game on Sunday. Let's just hope that this thing calms down and that Holmes can come out of it without missing any games.

BLEIER20
10-24-2008, 05:18 PM
The league should just put in effect the "ZERO TOLLERANCE"!

No breaks, you break the law/rules you suffer! You're released from the NFL indefinitely!

There are too many young athletes that are trying hard to achieve a dream and get one of those spots in a PRO Sport such as the NFL, the NBA, MLB, NHL and so on! But these are the ones that basically suffer because there are no spots, the spots are being taken up by constant rule breakers!

It makes me sick!

BlitzburghRockCity
10-24-2008, 05:22 PM
Holmes will get fined by the courts and be on probation, he won't do any jail time and then get fined by the NFL. He's already deactivated for this game and then I guess it'll be up to the NFL to decide if they want to suspend him for 2 games after that or what. It would be nice for the NFL to allow Tomlin to handle this in house completely but that won't happen.

He's not our entire team but he gets the benefit of Hines' double teams and vice versa. Nobody is going to double cover Nate so which means he'll have to come through because teams will be rolling coverage Hines' way now.

Iron City South
10-24-2008, 05:28 PM
Holmes won't be on this team long ... it's just not the Rooney way. Holmes has had law problems 3 times now. I'm willing to bet that 1 more strike earns him a trade.

Koopa
10-24-2008, 05:30 PM
The league should just put in effect the "ZERO TOLLERANCE"!

No breaks, you break the law/rules you suffer! You're released from the NFL indefinitely!

There are too many young athletes that are trying hard to achieve a dream and get one of those spots in a PRO Sport such as the NFL, the NBA, MLB, NHL and so on! But these are the ones that basically suffer because there are no spots, the spots are being taken up by constant rule breakers!

It makes me sick!

if those young athletes were worth a damn they'd get a spot, all those young athletes fighting for a spot are bums and would make the league worse....... that's why there isn't a zero tolerance policy, so just in case a star does **** up they don't get punished to bad.......

holmes ****ed up......so what, he's human...... he wasn't exactly tearing it up this year anyway, let him miss a couple of games so he'll be rested for the playoff stretch.... if aaron smith doesn't play this week then we are ****ed, we can win without holmes.......

BlitzburghRockCity
10-24-2008, 05:30 PM
I don't think the Rooney's are ready to give up on his just yet. He's been clean since we initially drafted him for the most part and the charges for the other 2 incidents were dropped. This though is not a good thing, how in the world did he think he wouldn't get caught at some point??? I mean honestly players have to go through random drug testing during the year so sooner or later he was going to be caught....and driving while smoking it no less!!!

Koopa
10-24-2008, 05:31 PM
Holmes won't be on this team long ... it's just not the Rooney way. Holmes has had law problems 3 times now. I'm willing to bet that 1 more strike earns him a trade.

if the rooneys trade him they need to die, cause you don't trade your best wr cause he got caught with a harmless illegal drug.......the only way i'd agree with a trade is if we got what the lions got for roy williams

Koopa
10-24-2008, 05:33 PM
I don't think the Rooney's are ready to give up on his just yet. He's been clean since we initially drafted him for the most part and the charges for the other 2 incidents were dropped. This though is not a good thing, how in the world did he think he wouldn't get caught at some point??? I mean honestly players have to go through random drug testing during the year so sooner or later he was going to be caught....and driving while smoking it no less!!!

and those two cases were just him being famous black and on a holiday weekend, gilbert arenas and his teammate got in trouble with the law the same weekend in the same area

and the other case was just him finally becoming rich and his ex bitch trying to get money cause she's a whore and can't get her own damn job

Dean Denton
10-24-2008, 05:33 PM
I dont think he can be trusted not to screw up again. If you dont know the rules after three years in the league...come on. If you cant see what the other misfits like Pacman or Ricky W. have done to their careers, then clearly Holmes is too stupid to play for the Steelers and needs to be shipped to Oakland ASAP. No Chances....

BLEIER20
10-24-2008, 05:34 PM
Oh so now you call it a "harmless Illegal Drug" and that makes it ok? Man you are a friggin moron!

BlitzburghRockCity
10-24-2008, 05:34 PM
The Rooney's don't deal with players who are constant trouble makers, locker room cancers, guys that are me first, can't control their tempers on the field, etc. Holmes is a good player and this team needs him and he's generally not much of a problem so Im sure they'll be willing to work with him. The leash will be shorter though after this that's for sure.

Yes he should have known better, but this kind of thing goes on in the NFL every year with virtually every team at some point so it's nothing new. He screwed up, got caught, and perhaps he got alittle cocky thinking he was above getting caught or what but regardless from what we've read so far he feels pretty bad about it and he knows he let his team down.

Koopa
10-24-2008, 05:35 PM
Oh so now you call it a "harmless Illegal Drug" and that makes it ok? Man you are a friggin moron!

bitch, it is a harmless drug, it's no more harmful then ****ing beer.......

BLEIER20
10-24-2008, 05:40 PM
Hey Dean, I agree to a point, but once you push the buttons of the league and are caught, they will always have their eye on you. You push the buttons again, YOU'RE DONE! There is no trade! This is the NFL, you don't just go to another team and everything is ok, these athletes need to take on the responsibility and act accordingly! Smoking weed in your truck or behind a barn, is not being responsible! The crap is Illegal, no debate on that! It's Illegal, DON'T DO IT!

--- Added 10/24/2008 at 03:40 PM ---

POOKA....

Harmless? Can you explain that to me! Beer is just as harmless you say right? That is why accidents happen, DUI's, kids getting killed at bus stops, yep...you're a MORON for real! You need to quit now before you bring more embarrassement to yourself!

Silverback 92
10-24-2008, 05:46 PM
rooney hates this kindda stuff , its not the image he wants for the team .. holmes just wasnt thinkin of his team or career here what a idiot what a waste

Koopa
10-24-2008, 05:50 PM
POOKA....

Harmless? Can you explain that to me! Beer is just as harmless you say right? That is why accidents happen, DUI's, kids getting killed at bus stops, yep...you're a MORON for real! You need to quit now before you bring more embarrassement to yourself!

it's a message board ****tard, i don't bring embarrassment to myself on here, i could care less wtf you think of me

accidents happen to sober ppl too, how often do kids get hit by a drunk/stoned driver at a bus stop?? i've never heard of one around here, never see that happening on the news, i see where dumb ****s ignore the stop sign on the bus and might hit someone but they ain't drunk/stoned.......... dui's don't need to be given, it's just dumb *** cops trying get money.........

the fact that some of y'all are acting like he ****ing killed someone is ridiculous, he didn't do nothing no one else is doing in the league, the only **** up he commited was not smoking it at home.... i've been around marijuana all my life, i've never smoked it, but there was never no accidents that you white folks always worry are gonna happen......... you need to stop watching those truth commercials..........

BLEIER20
10-24-2008, 05:51 PM
Silver,

That's right...but these players in the league SHOULD BE THINKING ALL the time! There's absolutely NO EXCUSE for this type of action. It is a waste!

http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/9854/lyngotringstz2.gif

Dean Denton
10-24-2008, 05:51 PM
bitch, it is a harmless drug, it's no more harmful then ****ing beer.......Clearley its not a harmless drug. Its illegal in this country. And clearly it has an effect on players because they cant even put it down until the off-season. Some people are just too weak minded to handle it, and I think Holmes is one of them.

BLEIER20
10-24-2008, 05:56 PM
Dean,

One more comment.......You say "put it down till the off-season"........I disagree, put it down permenantly! I mean come'on. You said so yourself, it's harmless and Illegal! That's enough to just stay away from it!

I guess POOKA is too stupid to realize that as well! He's probably high himself, can't put it down! LOL

Koopa
10-24-2008, 05:56 PM
Clearley its not a harmless drug. Its illegal in this country. And clearly it has an effect on players because they cant even put it down until the off-season. Some people are just too weak minded to handle it, and I think Holmes is one of them.

it's illegal cause there's way to much money involved, the government gets a **** load of money on all these raids, if they made it legal all they'd get was the tax.......

i'll agree that he is to weak minded cause he should have waited, but i guess he's been getting away with it his whole football career (high school, college, pro) that he figured it was just another day.......... now he knows to just smoke it at home or wait till the offseason

NOVA STEELERS
10-24-2008, 05:59 PM
Put his A** on the Trading Block, Get a couple high round picks and get ready for the ..

SWEED!!!!!!

Koopa
Dean,

One more comment.......You say "put it down till the off-season"........I disagree, put it down permenantly! I mean come'on. You said so yourself, it's harmless and Illegal! That's enough to just stay away from it!

I guess POOKA is too stupid to realize that as well! He's probably high himself, can't put it down! LOL

no, unlike holmes, i care about my future, i don't do that ****........ i just think y'all are overrating, y'all trying to act all high and mighty like y'all haven't ever ****ed up before...... this is his first real legit run in with the law.....give the dude a break....... and again it's just weed, it's not like it was cocaine or heroin or something bad like that, and it's not like he was selling it to little kids

Koopa
Put his A** on the Trading Block, Get a couple high round picks and get ready for the ..

SWEED!!!!!!

i don't think y'all are ready for the greatness that sweed will bring......that's why tomlin had him deactivated for so long........... y'all just aren't ready.......

Dean Denton
10-24-2008, 06:05 PM
it's illegal cause there's way to much money involved, the government gets a shiat load of money on all these raids, if they made it legal all they'd get was the tax.......

i'll agree that he is to weak minded cause he should have waited, but i guess he's been getting away with it his whole football career (high school, college, pro) that he figured it was just another day.......... now he knows to just smoke it at home or wait till the offseason
Agreed. He gets paid alot of money NOT to smoke weed and he needs to understand that. The NFL is not a Daycare, and this is something I doubt the Rooney's will let slide for long. Yes, young kids F*&% up, but dude, how many times do we keep having to see this crap in the league? I'm pretty sure everyone knows the rules. We has fans pay alot for these guys to play football, not to smoke weed. The only reason Holmes has a job is because we support his dumb ***. So as fans I think we have every right to bitch about what a loser F$@* up he is. And if he should get to stay or go....IMO

BLEIER20
10-24-2008, 06:07 PM
I'm sure Limas will fit in JUST FINE and we will all Soon see. But as for smoking! Never have never will. Not like I need to explain that to you....you seem to know all about it. Taxes, Government, etc...

....and you say again........it's JUST WEED, not like it heroin or cocaine. Yes it is! it's just like them! ILLEGAL! Enough said!

--- Added 10/24/2008 at 04:07 PM ---

Dean,

EXACTLY! If the NFL had ZERO TOLLERANCE, this would cut this out DRASTICALLY! Also see an improvement of players as well!

Koopa
10-24-2008, 06:14 PM
I'm sure Limas will fit in JUST FINE and we will all Soon see. But as for smoking! Never have never will. Not like I need to explain that to you....you seem to know all about it. Taxes, Government, etc...

....and you say again........it's JUST WEED, not like it heroin or cocaine. Yes it is! it's just like them! ILLEGAL! Enough said!

--- Added 10/24/2008 at 04:07 PM ---

Dean,

EXACTLY! If the NFL had ZERO TOLLERANCE, this would cut this out DRASTICALLY! Also see an improvement of players as well!

sweed doesn't have to worry about fitting in with the team, they have to worry about fitting in with him, sweed might just go out and beat the giants on his own the rest of the team can stay at home....

i know it's illegal, but weed isn't that bad as everyone makes it out to be, i see no difference between weed and alcohol, other then the fact that one is legal and the other isn't

are you a cop or something??

and the league would be worse if there was a zero tolerance, we'd have all these bum *** no bodies that can barely make the practice squad playing.......that's no fun

Black@Gold Forever32
10-24-2008, 06:29 PM
I wonder if the majority of self righteous *** holes in this thread would nail Ben to the cross like they are doing to Holmes if it was Ben who was busted?....I doubt it since Ben is God.....I'm sure the 70s Steelers were clean and just a bunch of choir boys...lol I'm sure the Steel Curtain had their players that liked to smoke weed and do lines of coke....But that was ok since they won four Super Bowls...

BLEIER20
10-24-2008, 06:39 PM
Man bro, you make no sense....in one sentence you see no difference and a few words later, you say one is illegal and one isn't........well NEWS FLASH BRAINTRUST, that is a DIFFERENCE!

The Zero Tollerance would be very efficient for the league....and this is not just about fun! It's a JOB....not an adventure! This isn't little league! It's the NFL!

--- Added 10/24/2008 at 04:39 PM ---

Black N Gold...........

That's where you're wrong! If it was any Player in the NFL! Take Steroids, Blood Doping, CERA, HGH, usage in the TOUR DE FRANCE.....yes I like Lance and would like to see him come clean, if he has done so.....But my main reason for my comments is this........The YOUTH of today are FOLLOWERS, the follow their superheros of the Professional Sports of today! They want to be like Mike, run fast like Ben Johnson, Throw a ball like Peyton Manning, drive a ball like Tiger Woods.....and so on......but if these athletes of today are out doping themselves up, the media will get ahold of it and tear these people up and the Youth sees this!

This is not good people!

I'm not bad mouthing the Team in which I love........I'm talking about a players actions and where it could take them!

SteelCityPride08
10-24-2008, 06:52 PM
damnit holmes

it is just weed, but he plays football for the NFL, is he smokes he needs to wait untill the offseason to smoke and then before the season comes, stop, because weed affects your lungs worse than cigarettes, you hold it in for longer or for as long as possible, also he shouldnt be smoking because of **** like this, well hopefully his suspension isnt that long and Limas will get to play a little bit more

--- Added 10/24/2008 at 04:52 PM ---

sweed doesn't have to worry about fitting in with the team, they have to worry about fitting in with him, sweed might just go out and beat the giants on his own the rest of the team can stay at home....

i know it's illegal, but weed isn't that bad as everyone makes it out to be, i see no difference between weed and alcohol, other then the fact that one is legal and the other isn't

are you a cop or something??

and the league would be worse if there was a zero tolerance, we'd have all these bum *** no bodies that can barely make the practice squad playing.......that's no fun

you think there is no difference between weed and alcohol?

are you kidding me?

Dean Denton
10-24-2008, 06:53 PM
Man bro, you make no sense....in one sentence you see no difference and a few words later, you say one is illegal and one isn't........well NEWS FLASH BRAINTRUST, that is a DIFFERENCE!

The Zero Tollerance would be very efficient for the league....and this is not just about fun! It's a JOB....not an adventure! This isn't little league! It's the NFL!

--- Added 10/24/2008 at 04:39 PM ---

Black N Gold...........

That's where you're wrong! If it was any Player in the NFL! Take Steroids, Blood Doping, CERA, HGH, usage in the TOUR DE FRANCE.....yes I like Lance and would like to see him come clean, if he has done so.....But my main reason for my comments is this........The YOUTH of today are FOLLOWERS, the follow their superheros of the Professional Sports of today! They want to be like Mike, run fast like Ben Johnson, Throw a ball like Peyton Manning, drive a ball like Tiger Woods.....and so on......but if these athletes of today are out doping themselves up, the media will get ahold of it and tear these people up and the Youth sees this!

This is not good people!

I'm not bad mouthing the Team in which I love........I'm talking about a players actions and where it could take them! This is where me are so screwed up as a society. Pro athletes should not be the role models for our youth, it should be the parents. Most kids cant be Manning's or Jordans, so its wrong to look to them as role models, and we as parents need to do a better job teaching our children that. Stay in school and dont do drugs. That goes for fat *** blunts in the truck on the way to practice.

steelerfan11
10-24-2008, 06:53 PM
koopa your noy sweed better be ready to play and NOT drop the damn ball!!!

I heard on dve on the way home that holmes isn't even allowed to be near the field on Sunday!

Black@Gold Forever32
10-24-2008, 06:58 PM
Agree 100 percent athletes are not role models......Parents should be....Of course our brave men and women in the armed forces are role models....

But people Holmes was caught with three blunts....lol That isn't ****.....Plus his driving wasn't impaired....lol It was stupid to have it on him while he was driving and getting pulled over......Since Goodell as NFL Commish has been on such a power trip.....But this doesn't make Holmes out to be a bad person...Come on you guys are totally over reacting....

For the record I only care about wins and loses.....I don't care about a players character....He could be the biggest ******* and I wouldn't care if the team wins...

Dean Denton
10-24-2008, 07:12 PM
I dont have any issues with these guys or any other athletes smokin weed, but rules are rules. They all know them, and yet they choose to break them. They get alot of money to obey these rules and it should be taken serious. Do any of you remember Greg Haugen? Get light weight champ in the 80's. He won a title on weed, and they stripped it from him after the fight because of the weed in his system. Just say no man...it wont do your career any good at this point.

Koopa
10-24-2008, 07:36 PM
being a criminology major i've studied the effects of marijuana pretty good and i've studied the affects of alcohol, and shiat of that nature............ marijuana just puts you in a calm stat, it doesn't **** you up like cocaine and heroin and other serious drugs like that..... alcohol does the same shiat in the same sense that it ain't that serious, hell if i had to, i'd say alcohol is probably more dangerous cause it makes ppl violent at times......... weed doens't really do that from what i've been told in my classes........ the only reason marijuana is illegal is cause of the money factor...........

and referring to 32's comments about ben, you are totally right, all these fools would be acting like it didn't even happen there wouldn't be this long *** thread about how bad of a person he is, it would be, it's a mistake blah blah blah blah bullshiat

Koopa
10-24-2008, 07:37 PM
koopa your noy sweed better be ready to play and NOT drop the damn ball!!!

I heard on dve on the way home that holmes isn't even allowed to be near the field on Sunday!

sweed doesn't drop the ball, the ball just sometimes fears it's not good enough to be in his hands so it drops itself...........

Dean Denton
10-24-2008, 07:47 PM
being a criminology major i've studied the effects of marijuana pretty good and i've studied the affects of alcohol, and shiat of that nature............ marijuana just puts you in a calm stat, it doesn't **** you up like cocaine and heroin and other serious drugs like that..... alcohol does the same shiat in the same sense that it ain't that serious, hell if i had to, i'd say alcohol is probably more dangerous cause it makes ppl violent at times......... weed doens't really do that from what i've been told in my classes........ the only reason marijuana is illegal is cause of the money factor...........

and referring to 32's comments about ben, you are totally right, all these fools would be acting like it didn't even happen there wouldn't be this long *** thread about how bad of a person he is, it would be, it's a mistake blah blah blah blah bullshiat Then you should know that if you are some kind of drug baby, that marijuana can have the same kind of effect on you that the other drugs like cocaine and herion do. Or it can be far worse in some cases. These are facts that you should know if you are a criminolgy major. Where is it alot of these Football players come from? Its not like the NFL has a bunch of upper class people in their league. Alot of these kids come from broken homes with crackhead moms that were messed up on drugs and these kids fought their way out of that by playing ball. So to say that weed wont have the same effect as alcohol is just your assumption because you dont know the personal history of each player. Or what type of effect weed will have on them. If you dont believe me you can ask any of your teachers or any theropist that deals with child abuse or drug use.

Koopa
10-24-2008, 08:29 PM
i got all my views on marijuana from my teachers.............. and from the fact that i have been around marijuana all my life.......... i may have never tried it, but i seen what it does, and i've seen what alcohol has done.... i'd rather my family be stoned then drunk cause they are all ****tards when drunk........... that's why i don't think weed is that bad compared to the other illegal drugs........ and that's why i don't think holmes did anything that bad........ he ****ed up, there is no reason to go saying trade him and all this other bs, he's to talented to just give up, for one legit run in with the law........... y'all are putting him on chris henrys level...........and that's stupid

Dean Denton
10-24-2008, 08:32 PM
i got all my views on marijuana from my teachers.............. and from the fact that i have been around marijuana all my life.......... i may have never tried it, but i seen what it does, and i've seen what alcohol has done.... i'd rather my family be stoned then drunk cause they are all ****tards when drunk........... that's why i don't think weed is that bad compared to the other illegal drugs........ and that's why i don't think holmes did anything that bad........ he ****ed up, there is no reason to go saying trade him and all this other bs, he's to talented to just give up, for one legit run in with the law........... y'all are putting him on chris henrys level...........and that's stupid Might be a good time to transfer schools. We have pretty good schools in the Pacific Northwest. We got the best weed too...

Koopa
10-24-2008, 08:34 PM
Might be a good time to transfer schools. We have pretty good schools in the Pacific Northwest. We got the best weed too...

why would i do that?? i'd never leave texas, and i love my professors, they are bad asses

BlitzburghRockCity
10-24-2008, 10:47 PM
Agree 100 percent athletes are not role models......Parents should be....Of course our brave men and women in the armed forces are role models....

But people Holmes was caught with three blunts....lol That isn't shiat.....Plus his driving wasn't impaired....lol It was stupid to have it on him while he was driving and getting pulled over......Since Goodell as NFL Commish has been on such a power trip.....But this doesn't make Holmes out to be a bad person...Come on you guys are totally over reacting....

For the record I only care about wins and loses.....I don't care about a players character....He could be the biggest ******* and I wouldn't care if the team wins...

Goodell would probably try to throw the book at Holmes and give him the max of 4 games but hopefully Rooney and Tomlin can convince him to lesson the blow to a max of 2 games and a fine. He's already going to miss one so maybe he'll count that as time served..lol.

Honestly it's not the end of the world for him to be caught as you said, but it does suck that he's going to miss the biggest game of the year so far when we're already short handed on offense. It was a stupid decision on his part for sure especially now in the regular season.

Iron City South
10-25-2008, 01:13 AM
if the rooneys trade him they need to die, cause you don't trade your best wr cause he got caught with a harmless illegal drug.......the only way i'd agree with a trade is if we got what the lions got for roy williams

We won't get what the Lions got for Williams because Holmes doesn't have the size and strength of Williams. Just because Williams hasn't put up the numbers that were expected of him, doesn't mean he's not good ... It just means he hasn't been on the right team. For the love of Christ ... he's been on the Lions!! They can make LT look like a UFA!

We would get decent value for Holmes however. I'd certainly look at it ...

Troyisabeast_43
10-25-2008, 01:17 AM

But people Holmes was caught with three blunts....lol That isn't shiat.....Plus his driving wasn't impaired....lol It was stupid to have it on him while he was driving and getting pulled over......Since Goodell as NFL Commish has been on such a power trip.....But this doesn't make Holmes out to be a bad person...Come on you guys are totally over reacting....

I agree with you 100 percent all I care about as well are results on the field. Hopefully this is just a one game thing for Holmes and this whole thing blows over once all the facts come out. But for the time being it's just something the Steelers are going to have to deal with an overcome without him being in the lineup on Sunday. The Steelers have found ways to overcome a lot of injuries and guys out so far this season and I believe that they will find a way once again come Sunday without Holmes in the lineup to get the job done and beat the Giants.

Silverback 92
10-25-2008, 01:35 AM
buttom line , all these guys know the rules of the league and its view on drugs . # 10 made a chose to not follow that and as a result he let down his team and his fans .

MOTORKRAFT
10-25-2008, 01:53 AM
buttom line , all these guys know the rules of the league and its view on drugs . # 10 made a chose to not follow that and as a result he let down his team and his fans .
B.S. I think Tomlin is letting his team and fans down more this week than Santinio is.

Stairwayto7
10-25-2008, 09:07 AM
Holmes should be suspended the maximum, 3 games, screw him! I`m pissed! This is his third arrest, although all different. He put himself before the team, he let his team mates down. I would be a hypocrite if I said something about weed, I haven`t in a few years, but I`ve smoked POUNDs of it. I`m sure Holmes has a big beautiful house somewhere, take a few hits and relax at home. Why drive around with blunts? He cost his team this week and probably for a month. Hines Ward took Holmes under his wing and I thought he taught him everything, I guess not. If Chad Johnson or Terrel Owens had three arrest and the latest was for smoking weed, they would be the butt of all the jokes here, and everyone would want the book thrown at them, Holmes is no different.

I look at it like this, if your lucky, you may get a 10 year NFL career, say from age 22 to 32. So somebody tells me, you give us 10 years of your life, don`t be a jerk off, and don`t do drugs, and we will give you MILLIONS, then your free to do whatever you want the rest of your life. I`m in! I`ve done alot of drugs when I was younger, and drank, but have ZERO arrest, its not that hard to be a descent perosn.

Once again he let the Steelers down, and he let us the fans down. This could shape up to be a great season for the Steelers, we need Santonio Holmes on the field. He should have thought about that. Also trading him just became less of an option, his stock just drop some, unless we traded him to Dallas in the off season

lloydfan4life
10-25-2008, 09:11 AM
I agree with you 100 percent all I care about as well are results on the field. Hopefully this is just a one game thing for Holmes and this whole thing blows over once all the facts come out. But for the time being it's just something the Steelers are going to have to deal with an overcome without him being in the lineup on Sunday. The Steelers have found ways to overcome a lot of injuries and guys out so far this season and I believe that they will find a way once again come Sunday without Holmes in the lineup to get the job done and beat the Giants.

Great point! The Steelers always seem to be able to overcome injuries to starters without missing a beat and IMO this is no different and they'll do the same this week w/o Holmes. It's just going to be an even more impressive win when we do it without all of our starters. This team seems to thrive under adversity.

B.S. I think Tomlin is letting his team and fans down more this week than Santinio is.

B.S. back at ya.... Mike Tomlin is a man of character and expects his team to follow suit. IMO he did the right thing! Besides... this may have been a joint (no pun int) decision between Tomlin & the Rooneys.

Axeman
10-25-2008, 10:34 AM

I don't think it will cripple the team but it will not be a good thing without him, Nate Washington (from my home town of Toledo) will fill the void very nicely, plus they got Baker back and Sweed finally gets a shot ( although he played last week), I predict that Miller will get some TT him as well (he should see 7-8) Hines will get double teamed which will eventually lead to Nate having a great game. I just hope that Moore can get the job done like he has the last few weeks.

DIESELMAN
10-25-2008, 01:16 PM
These players are human just like the rest of us, he ****ed up, now he'll suffer the consequences. Not a big deal, nothin to get all emotional about. The Steelers have been in worse shape, this will show us what some of the other players are made of, whether they step up or not. Going to be a good game.

steelersgal86
10-25-2008, 02:02 PM
These players are human just like the rest of us, he ****ed up, now he'll suffer the consequences. Not a big deal, nothin to get all emotional about. The Steelers have been in worse shape, this will show us what some of the other players are made of, whether they step up or not. Going to be a good game.

:iagree: Very well said....:gosteelers: it will be good to see what the other players can do....

Stairwayto7
10-25-2008, 02:31 PM

There is a noticeable difference! They get paid $$$$$ Millions, and they have to follow the rules, not just the law. Besides if I pay damn good money to go to a Steelers game, I expect to see thier best players on the field , barring injury of course. Like I said you get paid millions, and your expected for 10 years out of your life, to not break the law, I wish I had it that easy

TEEMONT
10-25-2008, 03:35 PM
There is a noticeable difference! They get paid $$$$$ Millions, and they have to follow the rules, not just the law. Besides if I pay damn good money to go to a Steelers game, I expect to see thier best players on the field , barring injury of course. Like I said you get paid millions, and your expected for 10 years out of your life, to not break the law, I wish I had it that easy

having a moral high ground at 40+ doesn't mean you would have acted that way in your 20's with millions of dollars....hindsight is 20/20.

floodcitygirl
10-25-2008, 03:55 PM
Once again, he gets paid millions and has all the perks of playing in the NFL to NOT be as stupid as the average 20-something. If he isn't smart enough on his own to figure out a way to enjoy his recreational activities without getting caught then he should pay people to handle him. lol

Stairwayto7
10-25-2008, 04:49 PM
having a moral high ground at 40+ doesn't mean you would have acted that way in your 20's with millions of dollars....hindsight is 20/20.

The reality is that when your given an oppurtunity as such, you should be able to control yourself. I didn`t control my self at his age, but I didn`t have near the oppurtunities that they have. Its like the old question What would you do for a million dollars? All they have to do is play football and stay clean. Most of my employers have had a one strike policy.

Ambridge
10-25-2008, 07:47 PM
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/35/103226219_b6c586a161.jpg?v=0

Put your hat on Santonio.......Jackass!!

Thanks for being Selfish!!:evilshake:

TEEMONT
10-25-2008, 08:32 PM
The reality is that when your given an oppurtunity as such, you should be able to control yourself. I didn`t control my self at his age, but I didn`t have near the oppurtunities that they have. Its like the old question What would you do for a million dollars? All they have to do is play football and stay clean. Most of my employers have had a one strike policy.

Fact of the matter is, he can afford to make such mistakes, he will still be a millionaire.

You probably couldn't really afford to make those same mistakes and you still did.

It's easy to be irresponsible when people are paying you millions to play a game. Dont be a ****in hypocrite.

The moral high ground here is ridiculous. No one here is really depending on Holmes, he plays football, it doesn't affect your life at all. If anything, you people should be more worried about how his drug use is affecting him and his family. You all are so concerned about a ****ing football game, that you don't stop to think about what's important. yeah he was irresponsible, people make mistakes. The game will go on without him. I guess millionaire football players can't make mistakes, but regular people can.....

--- Added 10/25/2008 at 06:33 PM ---

Then you should know that if you are some kind of drug baby, that marijuana can have the same kind of effect on you that the other drugs like cocaine and herion do.

Is Holmes pregnant?

DIESELMAN
10-25-2008, 11:06 PM

Bottom line is, he is still young in the head, something millions of dollars will never fix.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-26-2008, 07:16 AM
No word yet on what Tomlin and/or the NFL will do after this week. Coach said they'll address it on Monday so I guess we'll learn more then as to how long they might suspend him and how much of a fine he'll get.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08299/922794-66.stm

Stairwayto7
10-26-2008, 10:02 AM
Fact of the matter is, he can afford to make such mistakes, he will still be a millionaire.

You probably couldn't really afford to make those same mistakes and you still did.

It's easy to be irresponsible when people are paying you millions to play a game. Dont be a ****in hypocrite.

The moral high ground here is ridiculous. No one here is really depending on Holmes, he plays football, it doesn't affect your life at all. If anything, you people should be more worried about how his drug use is affecting him and his family. You all are so concerned about a ****ing football game, that you don't stop to think about what's important. yeah he was irresponsible, people make mistakes. The game will go on without him. I guess millionaire football players can't make mistakes, but regular people can.....

--- Added 10/25/2008 at 06:33 PM ---

Is Holmes pregnant?

To me its less about morals and more about letting a team down, and a city. It is time to grow up, and if he was planning on smoking some hooch, then the off season would be best, and not driving around in a car.

Nice role model for those four young kids of his also.

Moondog
10-26-2008, 11:24 AM
I don't think you can call weed harmless or harmful, it depends more on the person who is using it as to what effect, good or bad, it will have. In this case, weed has not done Holmes any favors. It looks like his "4:20" will be spent on the couch during this afternoon's game.

JensK
10-26-2008, 01:09 PM
The only good thing about all this is, that i had a good laugh off Koopa's Sweed comments :)

BlackGold4vr
10-26-2008, 01:32 PM
First of all driving around in your car smoking weed is about as smart as driving around sipping Jack Daniels. It is a proven fact that drugs, including marijuana impair your driving abilities. Driving while stoned is bad and shows poor judgement.

Secondly risking your NFL career to do something that can potentially end your career and risk the many millions of dollars in earning potential for you and your entire family is again displaying very poor judgement.

Santonio Holmes will now join others on the list of high risk players that the NFL will undoubtedly spring surprise tests on to ensure he is not still smoking. So if he indeed has a drug habit this might not be the last suspension.

I don't care if Santonio buys a farm and grows the stuff after his NFL career is over, that is his business. But if he is going to turn into a Ricky Williams like embarassment for the team I'd rather we cut our losses now and move on. I am not saying that he will do that but history has shown that the players who have been caught up in these things generally tend to get caught more than once! :yesnod:

Santonio........just say NO! :rant2:

Clevelandsux
10-26-2008, 02:33 PM
Holmes is a P.O.C. There are enough distractions this week. The bounty stuff, Smith and his situation with his son, and not to mention the New York Giants.

I watched CBS, and they expect Holmes to be suspended one game (outside of being inactive this week) and of course fined.

Stairwayto7
10-26-2008, 02:57 PM
First of all driving around in your car smoking weed is about as smart as driving around sipping Jack Daniels. It is a proven fact that drugs, including marijuana impair your driving abilities. Driving while stoned is bad and shows poor judgement.

Secondly risking your NFL career to do something that can potentially end your career and risk the many millions of dollars in earning potential for you and your entire family is again displaying very poor judgement.

Santonio Holmes will now join others on the list of high risk players that the NFL will undoubtedly spring surprise tests on to ensure he is not still smoking. So if he indeed has a drug habit this might not be the last suspension.

I don't care if Santonio buys a farm and grows the stuff after his NFL career is over, that is his business. But if he is going to turn into a Ricky Williams like embarassment for the team I'd rather we cut our losses now and move on. I am not saying that he will do that but history has shown that the players who have been caught up in these things generally tend to get caught more than once! :yesnod:

Santonio........just say NO! :rant2:

Thank You

BlackGold4vr
10-26-2008, 08:48 PM
Holmes is a P.O.C. There are enough distractions this week. The bounty stuff, Smith and his situation with his son, and not to mention the New York Giants.

I watched CBS, and they expect Holmes to be suspended one game (outside of being inactive this week) and of course fined.

I thought it was an automatic 4 game suspension for the first offense? By the way that won't include the 1 game that the Steelers inactivated him for this week. :nono:

Thanks Santonio! Coulda used your help today. :rant2:

OC Steel Curtain
10-26-2008, 08:55 PM
if the steelers are trying to avoid distractions then why send him home? thats a bigger distraction then letting him play and wait on the NFL decision..

JensK
11-25-2008, 06:02 AM
Holmes' hearing set for Feb. 26
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

A hearing for Steelers wide receiver Santonio Holmes on a misdemeanor charge of marijuana possession has been postponed until Feb. 26, which will be after the NFL season concludes.

Holmes originally was scheduled to appear in Municipal Court yesterday. He was cited after a stop on Oct. 23 near Mellon Arena when police found three marijuana-filled cigars in his sport utility vehicle. When officers detected the odor of marijuana, Holmes said he had been smoking the day before.

Holmes was made inactive for the Oct. 26 game against the Giants and addressed the team the following day to apologize for his actions.

This is good :) Then he can focus on playing football without having off-field issues to deal with! :)