PDA

View Full Version : Eli vs Ben

LatrobePA
10-22-2008, 12:00 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8706272/In-a-do-over,-Eli-still-gets-draft-nod-over-Big-Ben

SteelerNC
10-22-2008, 12:04 PM
nice, thanks

DBR96A
10-22-2008, 12:04 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8706272/In-a-do-over,-Eli-still-gets-draft-nod-over-Big-Ben

Has there ever been a good thing said about the Steelers on the FOX Sports website? (No, back-handed compliments don't count.)

Just yesterday, both Tony Kornheiser and Michael Wilbon said they prefer Ben -- and Wilbon even said that with Brady out this year, Ben is the best QB in the NFL.

They're happy with their QB, and we're happy with ours.

ejsteeler
10-22-2008, 12:07 PM
Can't fault his reasoning as it is his own, however, I am glad we got Ben and I will stick with him. His career will be better because he is consistantly getting better each year. Eli is still going in spurts and I think he will peter out, imo. :cope:

lloydfan4life
10-22-2008, 12:18 PM
Brady is the ultimate measuring stick??? :whatever:

Time will tell as far as Eli vs. Ben..... but I'm glad we got Big Ben and hope that we'd do it all over again! :cope:

steelerschick1220
10-22-2008, 12:27 PM
Hmmmmmm, the Ginats can have Eli. I am so happy with Ben and hope that he is our QB for years to come. Like someone above me stated, Kornheiser and Wilbon both picked Ben over Eli on PTI. Eli is still too inconsistent for me at times. With Ben most of the time we know what we are going to get.

ejsteeler
10-22-2008, 12:35 PM
Let me add another reason why I think Ben will end up with a better career.....he is just tougher. eli will not always have a good line in front oof him. When he doesn't, he will falter much more than Ben has when (maybe still) we have a shotty line. Ben is tough enough to work through it and be phenominal when he gets a solid line in front of him which will happen in a year, 2 max.

JensK
10-22-2008, 12:39 PM
Ian O'Connor is the biggest bandwagon writer in the history of football!!! -.- Honestly, just look at the states... They don't lie. Eli's even got a way better o-line than big ben have had.

Dean Denton
10-22-2008, 12:40 PM
Bias, thats all that is. Look at the body of work...I feel Bens up side is far greater than Eli's. Whatever.....I will take Ben over Eli any day. And that dude is full of it. If NY had it to do over they would have taken Ben. 10 other teams would have taken Ben. Yes eli had a better superbowl, but Ben was only in his second year. Come on. He was way better in the road to the Superbowl than Eli was. Ben won those games on the road. Eli didn't.

lloydfan4life
10-22-2008, 12:42 PM
Bias, thats all that is. Look at the body of work...I feel Bens up side is far greater than Eli's. Whatever.....I will take Ben over Eli any day. And that dude is full of it. If NY had it to do over they would have taken Ben. 10 other teams would have taken Ben. Yes eli had a better superbowl, but Ben was only in his second year. Come on. He was way better in the road to the Superbowl than Eli was. Ben won those games on the road. Eli didn't.

Great point! Ben kicked *** in those playoff games leading up to the Super Bowl! :yellowthumb:

Dean Denton
10-22-2008, 12:54 PM
Great point! Ben kicked *** in those playoff games leading up to the Super Bowl! :yellowthumb: He took them over, then left it up to the Def and the running game to finish it off. Those game were over before Half time. Lets not forget how we over came poor officiating in Indi, unlike Seattle, and still won that game. Thats right I said it. Do I think the ref's were bad in out superbowl? Yes, but it did not cost Seattle the game. Their poor play for three quarters cost them the game. Everyone always wants to talk about Ben only completing 9 pass in that game, but no one says how 8 of them were 3rd down conv...one of them being a 3rd and 24 inside the 5. I hate the world....grrr...lol

BlitzburghRockCity
10-22-2008, 01:28 PM
I wouldn't trade Ben for any QB in the league, period. He is the perfect fit for the team and the city. He's tough, never gives up, makes better and better decisions with each passing year and is really coming into his own. Ben falling to us in the draft was the best thing that has happened to this team since the 70's dynasty years.

DBR96A
10-22-2008, 01:44 PM

Actually, all the Giants' playoff games were on the road last year.

MOTORKRAFT
10-22-2008, 01:57 PM
Eli is a crybaby just ask Charger fans. You play for who drafts you.

DBR96A
10-22-2008, 02:17 PM

Actually, I think the whole QB class of 2004 must have some major personality flaws: Eli Manning is a crybaby; Philip Rivers is a douchebag, and Ben Roethlisberger is an idiot. They're all good QBs, though. *lol*

coggsnyrnyg
10-22-2008, 02:30 PM
Eli, Ben, who gives a $h!t? The real men are in the trenches, that is where the game is won. Both QB's were very good for their team when it counted. Ben in 2005, albeit he had a terrible Super Bowl although he still won and that is all that counted. Eli in 2007. Right now, Eli has better weapons on offense with which to work. Could Ben win in NY all else being equal? Yes. Can Eli win in Pitt all else being equal? Yes.

I could care less about the whole individual stuff. I want wins. If Eli wins another Super Bowl or two or several, it won't bother me if people think Ben was the better QB when all is said and done. I'm sure you would feel the same about Ben. Dolphin fans will argue all day that Marino was better than Montana, but I am sure they would all trade Marino's records for the 4 Super Bowls Montana won. Hell, they would trade his records for the one Super Bowl that Trent Dilfer won.

--- Added 10/22/2008 at 01:30 PM ---

Haha, as if there really were any Charger FANS. Do you say the same thing about Elway?

BlitzburghRockCity
10-22-2008, 02:36 PM
Eli, Ben, who gives a $h!t? The real men are in the trenches, that is where the game is won. Both QB's were very good for their team when it counted. Ben in 2005, albeit he had a terrible Super Bowl although he still won and that is all that counted. Eli in 2007. Right now, Eli has better weapons on offense with which to work. Could Ben win in NY all else being equal? Yes. Can Eli win in Pitt all else being equal? Yes.

I could care less about the whole individual stuff. I want wins. If Eli wins another Super Bowl or two or several, it won't bother me if people think Ben was the better QB when all is said and done. I'm sure you would feel the same about Ben. Dolphin fans will argue all day that Marino was better than Montana, but I am sure they would all trade Marino's records for the 4 Super Bowls Montana won. Hell, they would trade his records for the one Super Bowl that Trent Dilfer won.

Haha, as if there really were any Charger FANS. Do you say the same thing about Elway?

Actually right now I'd beg to differ on that statement, Ben has quite an arsenal on offense that is 2nd to none IMO. Hines, Santonio, Heath, Moore, Parker, and that's just the starters. Spaeth is a huge target at backup TE, Washington is coming along, and I can't wait to see what Sweed can do.

The Giants offense is as potent as any in the league but player for player I'll put our weapons up against anybody in the league :yellowthumb:

JensK
10-22-2008, 02:37 PM

I can't say that i agree with Eli having better weapons than Ben anymore. Especially not if parker gets healthy. Nate washington is starting to make plays. Big plays too. MeMo is running amazing, and both Hines and Holmes is playing the way we expected. Furtermore, Miller is doing an amazing job as usual. I'll give you, that NYG offence is good, no doub about it, but honestly i dont believe its better than Steelers.

And yes, i know that NYG is ranked better on offence that steelers, but you guys have had one team that knows how to play just a little defence, and thats washington (rams as of late, but not when you played them). We have had philly who are playing some evil evil defence. We have had Jaguars whos defence is pretty solid aswell. As much as i don't like Ravens, they have a pretty good defence aswell. So imo, its not strange that we havnt put up as many points as some would have wanted us too.

DBR96A
10-22-2008, 02:49 PM

There was a big difference in John Elway's situation: The front office of the Baltimore Colts was a tremendous cluster**** at the time thanks to Robert Irsay, who was a raging alcoholic who destroyed the brand equity of the franchise. (You can read a little bit about it here (http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/roch/blog/2007/01/the_irsays.html).) Basically, the Colts 25 years ago were like the Raiders today, except Al Davis isn't an alcoholic. I could understand if a QB said he didn't want to play for Al Davis today, just the same way I could understand why John Elway didn't want to play for Robert Irsay.

A.J. Smith is one of the more controversial GMs in the NFL, and he has made a couple of bad decisions (Norv Turner, anyone?), but he's also made plenty of good decisions if the last five years indicate anything. Simply put, A.J. Smith is nowhere near the monster that Robert Irsay was, or that Al Davis has become. When Eli Manning complained about not wanting to play in San Diego, I believed he was being a crybaby about it, especially when he got Archie involved, and especially considering there was no legitimate reason for him not to want to play in San Diego the way there was for John Elway in Baltimore, or the way there is for anybody in Oakland today.

Dean Denton
10-22-2008, 02:54 PM
Actually, all the Giants' playoff games were on the road last year.
Yes they were, but it was not Eli putting the women and children to bed like Ben did. Ben closed the show on all the games, and Eli didn't look all that special until the 4th Quarter of the Superbowl. Not a bad time to get hot, but Ben looked better on the road to the superbowl. Thats what I think I said. Either way, Ben did it first....lol

DBR96A
10-22-2008, 03:00 PM
Yes they were, but it was not Eli putting the women and children to bed like Ben did. Ben closed the show on all the games, and Eli didn't look all that special until the 4th Quarter of the Superbowl. Not a bad time to get hot, but Ben looked better on the road to the superbowl. Thats what I think I said. Either way, Ben did it first....lol

Ben had the better conference playoff games. Eli had the better Super Bowl.

Dean Denton
10-22-2008, 03:03 PM
I think the Giants have a better OL, but not better weapons. I do like Jacobs, wish we had him. Talk about a back that should be a Steeler. I dont think the Steeler brass felt Plexi was better than Hines either. Giants got a alot of go too guys and so do we. This is going to be a great game. I cant remember when I looked more forward to a game.
If the Steelers win then the better team won, if the Giants win then its a fluke...lol

steelcitysfinestXL
10-22-2008, 03:07 PM
Ben, by far, has better weapons. Plex in his prime isnt hines in his prime... Want proof: When it came time for the steelers to sign either Plex or Ward, ward got the deal and Plex moved on. Yeah it was also a money issue, Plex wanted more than what he was worth... but Hines is a better nfl player over the course of a career. At 6'5" Plex still has less redzone td's than Ward and thats plex's claim to fame!

TE's: Miller/Boss
RB's: Parker/Jacobs
Wr's: Ward/Plex
Holmes/Toomer
Washington/Moss-Smith

Dean Denton
10-22-2008, 03:18 PM
Ben had the better conference playoff games. Eli had the better Super Bowl. Your right, Eli did have a better SB, but it was against a team that cheated to get there, so I dont put too much stock in that. I look at the body of work when I look at both of these QB. Its a no brainer. Eli blows, and I really dont think he is all that good to tell you the truth. Eli seems to have more bad games then good ones, and his bad games are really bad. Everyone messes up, this is the NFL, and no one is perfect, but Eli to me still seems green. Who knows maybe he shines on Sunday, but I doubt it. If the Steelers lose this game I would be shocked. I really think it will be a blow out for Pitt. Should be over before halftime.

DBR96A
10-22-2008, 04:03 PM
Your right, Eli did have a better SB, but it was against a team that cheated to get there, so I dont put too much stock in that. I look at the body of work when I look at both of these QB. Its a no brainer. Eli blows, and I really dont think he is all that good to tell you the truth. Eli seems to have more bad games then good ones, and his bad games are really bad. Everyone messes up, this is the NFL, and no one is perfect, but Eli to me still seems green. Who knows maybe he shines on Sunday, but I doubt it. If the Steelers lose this game I would be shocked. I really think it will be a blow out for Pitt. Should be over before halftime.

Actually, New England finished 16-0 after they were caught with their cameras, so I seriously doubt they "cheated" their way to Super Bowl. I don't like the Patriots either, but your statement doesn't seem realistic to me.

Dean Denton
10-22-2008, 04:21 PM
Actually, New England finished 16-0 after they were caught with their cameras, so I seriously doubt they "cheated" their way to Super Bowl. I don't like the Patriots either, but your statement doesn't seem realistic to me.

Say what you want, they cheated to get there. Once a cheater always a cheater. They found another way. Cheaters always do. And the only people that dont think they cheated are New England fans, and now Giant fans because it takes away from the win against them. There is nothing the Pats will ever do to make me think they play the game straight up. The coach should be fired and removed from the league.
So I wonder if I went to a Pats or Giants forum if I would find you there trashing the Black and Gold. Maybe your a spy. Or maybe its those damn percocet again....lol

SteelfordWexler
10-22-2008, 04:43 PM

Not to be too picky, but Eli got pretty lucky in the fourth quarter as well. If you remember - I belieive it was Asante Samuel who had a gimmie interception at the beginning of the winning drive - and inexpilicably dropped it. Then there was the improbable impossible catch by David Tyre. It doesn't take the luster off the win - these things happen during the course of a game, but I dont buy that Eli took over. That was a team win. Not like when Joe Montana buried the Bengal franchise for a decade with the last minute drive for their first SB ("Hey, isn't that John Candy?")

This bias is clearly based upon market. We don't see it because we are saturated with Steeler news, but around the country - many still think we run the ball all of the time and Ben passes about 10 times a game. They haven't seen that he has carried this team for a good number of our wins the past few years.

Dean Denton
10-22-2008, 04:56 PM
Not to be too picky, but Eli got pretty lucky in the fourth quarter as well. If you remember - I belieive it was Asante Samuel who had a gimmie interception at the beginning of the winning drive - and inexpilicably dropped it. Then there was the improbable impossible catch by David Tyre. It doesn't take the luster off the win - these things happen during the course of a game, but I dont buy that Eli took over. That was a team win. Not like when Joe Montana buried the Bengal franchise for a decade with the last minute drive for their first SB ("Hey, isn't that John Candy?")

This bias is clearly based upon market. We don't see it because we are saturated with Steeler news, but around the country - many still think we run the ball all of the time and Ben passes about 10 times a game. They haven't seen that he has carried this team for a good number of our wins the past few years. Oh I know it was luck, and a total team effort to pull that off. Thats what I think made that win so special. The team came together and did it. Eli was just good enough not to lose the game for um. That Def won that Championship. You notice that the Giants were 0-2 before Strahan came back...lol

DocHolliday1989
10-22-2008, 07:50 PM
:stirpot: There Is No Way In :reddevil: I would Trade Ben for Eli:willybs:

MOTORKRAFT
10-22-2008, 08:17 PM
Haha, as if there really were any Charger FANS. Do you say the same thing about Elway?[/QUOTE]
Yes I do. I never had any respect for Elway because of that. You can't have college players picking and choosing their team. It undermindes the whole draft. I believe that a college player should be made to sit out a year if he doesn't go to the team that drafted him. After that year the team that drafted him still holds his rights. I'm sick of these rookies that make more than most vets at the same position, on top of that J.Elway and E.Manning are going to say no thanks I don't want to play in your city. Makes my want to :banging:.

steelerschick1220
10-22-2008, 09:43 PM
Eli played so so in the Super Bowl. As Wexler did point out, if Samuel hangs on to that INT, we aren't even comparing Ben and Eli's Super Bowl wins. And most people would probably think that Ben is the better guy because he has the ring and Eli lost the Super Bowl for his team.

coggsnyrnyg
10-23-2008, 09:10 AM
The only position where the Steelers are better than the Giants is at TE. Otherwise, the Giants backfield of Jacobs, Bradshaw, and Ward are better than the Steelers backfield. Burress is better than Hines Ward now. Burress is a huge match-up problem for most Dbacks. Then you have Toomer who is 948 years old and still solid, Smith is an excellent slot receiver, Dixon provides great depth. Moss isn't much, other than fast as hell, but not a bad for a 5th guy. Would be a 3rd on most teams. Then you have Tyree if he can play, and the rookie Manningham. Boss at TE, isn't terrible, but with the receiving corps the Giants have he doesnt figure into the passing game too often.

--- Added 10/23/2008 at 08:10 AM ---

Eli played so so in the Super Bowl. As Wexler did point out, if Samuel hangs on to that INT, we aren't even comparing Ben and Eli's Super Bowl wins. And most people would probably think that Ben is the better guy because he has the ring and Eli lost the Super Bowl for his team.For Samuel to hold onto that ball, would have required a great play. Secondly, no guarantee he comes down in bounds. As for XL, not too many people give Ben ANY credit for that win. Seattle played as poorly as they possibly could, and his teammates bailed out Ben's horrible play. Go around to boards of other teams and many thing Ben is very overrrated.

ejsteeler
10-23-2008, 09:44 AM
Well duh, :duh: of course other team boards think Ben is over rated. Ben is the best QB for this team and Sunday will show that your assessment of our TE being the only position better than the G-men's players is way off. Burris will be a non-factor after the first couple hits. The run game will be virtually non-existent for you causing a lot of short passes that will work for awhile, but not keep you in the game. Eli will taste grass probably as much as Ben, can see that happening, but Ben cam take it while it will throw Eli into a panic. Bring it on. :cope: :banana:

steelcitysfinestXL
10-23-2008, 11:03 AM
The only position where the Steelers are better than the Giants is at TE. Otherwise, the Giants backfield of Jacobs, Bradshaw, and Ward are better than the Steelers backfield. Burress is better than Hines Ward now. Burress is a huge match-up problem for most Dbacks. Then you have Toomer who is 948 years old and still solid, Smith is an excellent slot receiver, Dixon provides great depth. Moss isn't much, other than fast as hell, but not a bad for a 5th guy. Would be a 3rd on most teams. Then you have Tyree if he can play, and the rookie Manningham. Boss at TE, isn't terrible, but with the receiving corps the Giants have he doesnt figure into the passing game too often.

For Samuel to hold onto that ball, would have required a great play. Secondly, no guarantee he comes down in bounds. As for XL, not too many people give Ben ANY credit for that win. Seattle played as poorly as they possibly could, and his teammates bailed out Ben's horrible play. Go around to boards of other teams and many thing Ben is very overrrated.

Im talking about the best 5 skill positions you can put on the field at once. Jacobs,Ward nor bradshaw is better than Parker. Boss and Miller is no comparison. I will admit that the G-men have a quality/DEEP set of Wrs, but the only stand out is Burress. Even if you want to say Burress is better than Hines now, I still disagree. And im in the minority of steelers faithful (i know atleast) that are still and always have been Burress fans. Holmes is better than Toomer,Smith,Moss and Tyree. Im one of the biggest Nate Washington critics there is on this site... but he is still atleast equal with Steve Smith (who i have been a fan of since his USC days) and better than the rest.

Sorry man, i know i can be a bit of a homer but i i also watch ALOT of football. I really disagree that at the skill positions, the Giants are better than the steelers.

--- Added 10/23/2008 at 10:03 AM ---

ANYONE who thinks ben is over-rated, gets their knowledge of the steelers from ESPN/NFLN. Ben has intangebles (spelling,sorry) that arent measured when you talk about Manning or Brady. He can make ANY throw on the field. Minus Brett Favre, i dont think there is a tougher QB in the league. He CAN/WILL run, which is crazy for a QB thats almost 6'6" 240+ lbs. I shouldnt even have to mention his escape-ability. He does hold the ball too long, and i hate it. But when you look at plays where he holds onto the ball and has success, it more than evens out.

Ben takes knocks for things he couldnt help. The one i hate is "he walked into a great vet team as a rookie, of course he was gonna succeed" His best season statistically (2007) was with a different C,G,T,TE,2nd/3rd/4th WR, RB,FB, Head Coach,Off.Co and QB coach than 2004 when he started his career.

If you wanna see over-rated start in the NFCE, look up a guy named ROMO!!!

Dean Denton
10-23-2008, 11:58 AM
If Plexi was better than Hines I dont think the Steelers would have let him go. I know at the time I did not want to lose Hines over Plexi, and I glad we didn't. We have Miller who makes up for the loss of height in the red zone. Plexi is not fast and he's a head case with too many off the field issue's. Yes he is a difficult match up for any DB, but the negatives out weight the positives with that guy.
Hines ward is a HOF player, Plexi is not nor will he be.

SteelfordWexler
10-23-2008, 12:22 PM
If Plexi was better than Hines I dont think the Steelers would have let him go. I know at the time I did not want to lose Hines over Plexi, and I glad we didn't. We have Miller who makes up for the loss of height in the red zone. Plexi is not fast and he's a head case with too many off the field issue's. Yes he is a difficult match up for any DB, but the negatives out weight the positives with that guy.
Hines ward is a HOF player, Plexi is not nor will he be.

Truer words are hard to find Dean.

From the sideline last weekend:

Couch Coughlin (to Plex after picking up a PF): "What do you think you're doing?"
Plexiglass: "Whatever the F I want to"

He ignores team rules and openly challenges their coach on the sideline. Great veteran locker room presence :evilshake:.

I'm glad they have him.

steelerschick1220
10-23-2008, 12:48 PM
^ Yeah, the Giants can have Plex. I can't see Hines mouthing off to Tomlin like that.

I don't care if the fans of other team think that Ben is overrrated. I would even dare to say that talk like that stems from extreme jealousy over the fact that they want him on their team. He is never going to have eye popping numbers like some, but his all he does is WIN and that, imo, is more important.

Dean Denton
10-23-2008, 12:54 PM
Truer words are hard to find Dean.

From the sideline last weekend:

Couch Coughlin (to Plex after picking up a PF): "What do you think you're doing?"
Plexiglass: "Whatever the F I want to"

He ignores team rules and openly challenges their coach on the sideline. Great veteran locker room presence :evilshake:.

I'm glad they have him. I know. The Steelers dont put up with players like that. Sure Porter could be a pain in the *** sometimes, but it was never with his own team. Sure he was lippy, but again not with his team. He was loved by the coaches, and it could be that him and Bill were related in some way. That bond was strong.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-23-2008, 06:50 PM
One good thing is that now we have the QB and the offense to get into a shootout if we need to. If we were still playing musical quarterbacks like we were before we got Ben we could never do that. Both teams have good weapons around them and whichever QB has the cleanest jersey at the end of the game will probably be the winner.

Dean Denton
10-23-2008, 06:56 PM
I have been a fan for years, my first game was the 1979 SB againsts the Rams. Right now I feel that we are in every game because we have Ben. I have never felt like that for as long as I have been a fan of this ball club.

steelerschick1220
10-23-2008, 09:19 PM
^ I feel the exact same way(though I have only been a fan since 2005) that as long as we have Ben, we will have a great chance to win any game.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-23-2008, 11:23 PM

For Samuel to hold onto that ball, would have required a great play. Secondly, no guarantee he comes down in bounds. As for XL, not too many people give Ben ANY credit for that win. Seattle played as poorly as they possibly could, and his teammates bailed out Ben's horrible play. Go around to boards of other teams and many thing Ben is very overrrated.

You're just another person that doesn't have a ****ing a clue and your ignorance shows....I'm so sick of hearing about Ben's horrible Super Bowl XL performance.....Ben was a big part of the Steelers reaching the Super Bowl in the first place with his flawless play in the three play-off games before the Super Bowl....Here is Ben's stats from those three games...

14/19 208yds 3 TDs, 0 INTs against the Bengals
14/24 197yds 2 TDs 1 INT against the Colts
21/29 275yds 2 TDs 0 INTs (1 rushing TD) against the Broncos in the AFC Title game...

Yes Ben didn't have his best game in the Super Bowl but he was a big reason why the Steelers reached the Super Bowl....Plus the Steelers running game really didn't do much in the play-offs (except Parker's 75 yard run in the Super Bowl)...Ben was due for a bad game and it just happened it came in the Super Bowl...

Another poin Ben was only in his second year when leading the Steelers to a Super Bowl when Eli was in his fourth....I can't wait for Sunday and I can't wait to see the Steelers kick the shiat out of Eli and the G-Men.....

BlitzburghRockCity
10-24-2008, 12:23 PM
For anyone to say that the Giants are superior to the Steelers on offense in all those categories is ridiculous. The weapons Ben has around him are just as good as the weapons Eli has around them. Show me the stats anywhere that proves otherwise. We wouldn't have gotten to the SB without Ben and the Giants without Eli plain and simple. Both teams are pretty evenly matched across the board period!

Dean Denton
10-24-2008, 12:27 PM
For anyone to say that the Giants are superior to the Steelers on offense in all those categories is ridiculous. The weapons Ben has around him are just as good as the weapons Eli has around them. Show me the stats anywhere that proves otherwise. We wouldn't have gotten to the SB without Ben and the Giants without Eli plain and simple. Both teams are pretty evenly matched across the board period! I think the Giants would have gotten there without Eli to tell you the truth. It was those Book Ends, Osi and Strahan that got them there. I dont think much of Eli just yet. If not for the Manning name he would have been cut or benched 2 years ago.

ejsteeler
10-24-2008, 12:32 PM
I think the Giants would have gotten there without Eli to tell you the truth. It was those Book Ends, Osi and Strahan that got them there. I dont think much of Eli just yet. If not for the Manning name he would have been cut or benched 2 years ago.

You might be right about two years ago, but he is not hurting his team now like he used to then. I'm with you, I am still not sold on his supposed greatness.

Dean Denton
10-24-2008, 12:48 PM
You might be right about two years ago, but he is not hurting his team now like he used to then. I'm with you, I am still not sold on his supposed greatness. I do think the game has slowed down for Eli. He's not making the mistakes he did 2 years ago or even last year up until week 17. I'm saying it now, and if you watch Eli over the next 6 games you will see him fall apart. He will play like crap most of those games. If I'm wrong then whatever. I'm wrong. I just dont see the upside with him being better than say Cutler, or the dude in Atalanta. Yes Ben set the bar high, but there are a handle full of guys at QB that have come into this league and have played at a higher level than Eli. This is within the last couple years. So to make any comparisons between Ben and Eli to me just doesn't fit. Looking at the body of work I'm not sure where you can find any issues with Bens game. Then the flip side, Eli is just average, with Ben having a much higher upside.
I just want to know this...Tell me what Eli can do that Ben cant? Because there are plenty of things Ben is better at then Eli. No one can tell me one thing Eli is better at then Ben. Go ahead and try...please.

ejsteeler
10-24-2008, 12:52 PM
commercials....:yesnod:

Dean Denton
10-24-2008, 12:56 PM
commercials....:yesnod:
Clearly you never saw the American Idol commercial for Ben...lol Or his TV debut with Joe Montana...Come on now...give it to me brother...lol

ejsteeler
10-24-2008, 01:05 PM
well, I tried. :lol:

Dean Denton
10-24-2008, 01:07 PM
well, I tried. :lol:
It was a valiant effort, but just like Eli, you came up just short of greatness....lol

DanRooney
10-24-2008, 04:39 PM
A lot of people overlook this, but 2004's draft produced a lot of good players. It was probably the best draft of this decade.

Check out all of the quality players
Eli Manning
Larry Fitzgerald
Philip Rivers
Sean Taylor (RIP)
Kellen Winslow II
Roy Williams
DeAngelo Hall
Ben Roethlisberger
Jonathon Vilma
Lee Evans
Steven Jackson