PDA

View Full Version : Ravens Have a Bounty on Hines Ward?

BlacknGold Bleeder
10-21-2008, 11:20 PM
Posted Oct 21st 2008 6:06PM by JJ Cooper (author feed)
Filed under: Ravens, Steelers, AFC North

Hines Ward found out on Tuesday that he won't be fined for his hit that ended Keith Rivers' season. He also found out that the Ravens have put a bounty on him when the two teams face off in December.

According to Pro Football Talk on the 2 Live Stews radio show, linebacker Terrell Suggs said that the Ravens have put a bounty on knocking out Ward. The bounty was on Ward for the team's first meeting earlier this year, but Ward made it through that game unscathed. Actually Bart Scott had told Ward he was going to kill him during that game in revenge for Ward's legal hit on Scott in 2007, but Ward put Scott on his butt again.

What will Ward's reaction be? Probably a laugh and a smile, since he's a master at avoiding the big hit.

Continue Reading Ravens Have a Bounty on Hines Ward? http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2008/10/21/ravens-have-a-bounty-on-hines-ward/#cont

BlitzburghRockCity
10-21-2008, 11:25 PM
:blah: :blah: Bart Scott or Terrell Suggs are a couple of douchebags and the Ravens are a bunch of sore losers who have nothing better to do than trash talk. They run their mouths like they expect somebody actually cares or that they think Hines is going to lose sleep. Get over it already, Hines is a big hitter and has been that way forever. This is nothing new than worthless drivel from the overrated ratbird players who are tired of being embarrassed by Hines and his teammates year after year.

LarryNJ
10-21-2008, 11:39 PM
Didn't Buddy Ryan actually do that when he was a coach of the Eagles?

BlackGold4vr
10-21-2008, 11:40 PM
Perhaps they can all get together at Ray Rays house to watch the Steelers play in the playoffs! Maybe Hines can send them tickets so they can experience the intensity of playoff football. :lol:

LarryNJ
10-21-2008, 11:57 PM
It's really a non issue this year because we'll already have our playoff position wrapped up, the Ratbirds will already be eliminated. There will be nothing to play for so Hines won't play much more than a series.

ToothAche
10-22-2008, 12:12 AM
Perhaps they can all get together at Ray Rays house to watch the Steelers play in the playoffs! Maybe Hines can send them tickets so they can experience the intensity of playoff football. :lol:

maybe he could invite Ocho Stinko too.........

OC Steel Curtain
10-22-2008, 02:25 AM
lol.. ravens are just mad because 1 wr has them running with their head on a swivel the whole game.. haha wow

DanRooney
10-22-2008, 02:41 AM
They said the same thing last time we played them when they were crying about Ward's hit on the MNF game last season.:clap:

lloydfan4life
10-22-2008, 07:24 AM
:blah: :blah: Bart Scott is a douchebag and the Ravens are a bunch of sore losers who have nothing better to do than trash talk. They run their mouths like they expect somebody actually cares or that they think Hines is going to lose sleep. Get over it already, Hines is a big hitter and has been that way forever. This is nothing new than worthless drivel from the overrated ratbird players who are tired of being embarrassed by Hines and his teammates year after year.

:plus1: Good post!!

There's a reason why Hines has a Mighty Mouse tattooed on his arm! :flex:

As long as they make Ray Ray go through a metal detector before the game so we know he's not playing with a shank in his sock Hines has nothing to worry about. :lol:

BlitzburghRockCity
10-22-2008, 08:20 AM
The Rats are so stupid, u don't announce this **** to the media, you keep it in house so the NFL doesn't get wind of it...the last time they shout their mouths off about this the NFL contacted them and told them they'll be watched closely in that game. So now what do you think will happen :duh: God they're so stupid!

SteelerNC
10-22-2008, 08:32 AM
I HATE THE RAT-BIRDS

Moondog
10-22-2008, 08:44 AM
The Ravens are worthless, they can't even see that they are tipping their hand? It's now so evident that Hines owns them, he is in their head so deep that they are talking about him now instead of focusing on their upcoming opponent. What do they think, Ward is supposed to be scared of them? It's now painfully obvious that the Ravens are the ones living in fear.

ejsteeler
10-22-2008, 09:19 AM
Fine that bastiards!!!!! That's what the commish does best anyway. :lol:

memphissteelergirl
10-22-2008, 09:28 AM
:blah: :blah: Bart Scott or Terrell Suggs are a couple of douchebags and the Ravens are a bunch of sore losers who have nothing better to do than trash talk. They run their mouths like they expect somebody actually cares or that they think Hines is going to lose sleep. Get over it already, Hines is a big hitter and has been that way forever. This is nothing new than worthless drivel from the overrated ratbird players who are tired of being embarrassed by Hines and his teammates year after year.

:plus1:
What he said...what a couple of losers. They're like the school bullies who tell someone they're going to beat them up after class and don't end up doing squat. Just...plain...childish. :evilshake:

floodcitygirl
10-22-2008, 09:43 AM
With the fines that have been levied against players including fines for what they have said off of the field, shouldn't threatening to take someone out be worthy??? As for myself, I'd say it's free speech, but if it's good for the goose.......

Dean Denton
10-22-2008, 11:31 AM
This is the issue I have with this. If I'm the Ravens or any other team that has an issue with Hines crushing everyone, I dont go crying about it, or bitch about what I'm going to do to Hines. If I'm a Def player I'm yelling at my WR to learn how to be like Hines Ward. These teams are so busy getting pissed off at Hines for making the highlight reel every week that the fail to recognize he is a great teacher if people could pull their heads out of their asses.

AFC playbook said it best. Hines Ward gives his team something no other player does, and thats hidden yards. Players get so fixed on trying to get Hines that they get flagged for 15 yards after plays and it just adds to the play. Idiots....lol When all the smoke clears Hines might not have all the high end numbers of some of the great WR, not that he is far off from any of them, but there really is no WR more valuable to his team then Hines has been. To me Hines is the greatest WR to ever play. He's a real football player, and thats what you want. Jerry Rice....kiss my ***!!!!

lloydfan4life
10-22-2008, 12:04 PM
With the fines that have been levied against players including fines for what they have said off of the field, shouldn't threatening to take someone out be worthy??? As for myself, I'd say it's free speech, but if it's good for the goose.......

Great point FCG! :yellowthumb:

Goodell won't fine them because they're not threating the officials though. :evilshake:

Silverback 92
10-22-2008, 05:10 PM
no guy on D wants to be knocked about by a wr it makes them look bad

Dean Denton
10-22-2008, 05:24 PM
no guy on D wants to be knocked about by a wr it makes them look bad
Teams only have to worry when they play us because no other wide outs can do it like Ward. And It would be a bad idea to go putting a bounty on Ward. Dont these other teams know that we have a pretty good def too, and would not hesitate to get revenge right there on the spot. People better learn to just play the game within the rules and not be dirty. The Steelers play fair, and so does Ward..
P.S...I hate you Tom Brady...

Silverback 92
10-22-2008, 06:10 PM
ratbirds cant walk the walk so they talk the talk

DIESELMAN
10-22-2008, 06:46 PM
How much you want to bet, when we play them again, they'll come out with neck protectors and extra pads on? :hehheh:

I'll even bet they're not watching that hit Rivers took, cuz every time they do they wake in the middle of the night with nightmares of their heads being taken off by Hines. If they do decide to mess with Hines, I'm quite sure we'll see a long over due brawl that Silverback and company will take care without breaking a sweat.:cope::cope::cope::cope::cope:

**** THE RATBIRDS!!!!! :doublefinger:

Deb
10-22-2008, 08:41 PM
Quit Crying and Play The Game, Hines Ward Does! Bleacher Report - NFL

That's right the Baltimore Ravens have yet again called for the head of Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Hines Ward.

On the syndicated radio show 2 Live Stews this week, Terrell Suggs mentioned that there was a "bounty" out for Hines. This is the second Raven to complain about Ward this year. The first being Bart Scott, who couldn't stop crying after he was destroyed by Ward on a block and now Suggs.
...Really? A "bounty"?... I have one thing to say to the Ravens defense. Shut up and just play football. Hines will take your hits and stand up and smile and never say a word about it. You, on the other hand, get blocked and hit like you are supposed to hit once in your life and you have to complain.

Hines is the staple of what football should be! This is a league where WRs are defined by Chad Ocho-Cinco, Terrell Owens, and Randy Moss, and where blocking is defined as getting in the way of a corner and pushing them. Hines goes out and demonstrates game-in and game-out how football should be played and he does it with a smile on.
The man never complains about how many times he is thrown the ball. He doesn't refuse to go over the middle and when he is asked to block you better believe he is going to block! Ask Bart Scott, Ed Reed, Keith Rivers and the list goes on.

So what is so wrong about this? The true answer is nothing at all. There is not a coach out there that would say they wouldn't want Hines Ward on their team and there isn't a running back in the league that would not want Ward lined up wide blocking for him.
Unfortunately, in today's NFL it's viewed as "dirty" to lay a devastating block, especially when it's on a linebacker. That saddens me a lot because football is supposed to be a physical sport and Ward knows that and he loves that.

I read recently on a web site that said, "If Hines Ward would get hit like he has been hitting people he wouldn't do it anymore." I had to laugh at that because obviously this person doesn't watch Ward play. He welcomes the hits and loves to go across the middle. When he is lit up (and trust me he gets lit up) what does he do? Does he call for a "bounty"? No! Does he go out for revenge? No! He stands up, smiles, and goes back to the huddle. Ward demonstrates everything that is good in football!

He goes out there to play football. He smiles every play. After a touchdown, he gives out a ball and gives it to a fan with his jersey then takes the fine that is dealt out. He plays until the whistle is blown and he does all this without complaining.

When Hines Ward career is over he will have the stats to get some serious consideration for the Hall of Fame, but overall what will make him most appealing to voters is the fact that he played football the way it was supposed to be played.

So to the Ravens and everyone out there that can't stop complaining about how Ward plays, stop crying to the public. Go out and when he comes across the middle take your best shot and drive him into the ground. He will get up, slap you on the helmet with a smile on and run back to the huddle. Then he'll get ready for the next play, because he has a lot more football to play!

More... (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/72002-quit-crying-and-play-the-game-hines-ward-does)

SteelerSal
10-22-2008, 09:18 PM
So to the Ravens and everyone out there that can't stop complaining about how Ward plays, stop crying to the public. Go out and when he comes across the middle take your best shot and drive him into the ground. He will get up, slap you on the helmet with a smile on and run back to the huddle. Then he'll get ready for the next play, because he has a lot more football to play!

Excellent!! 90% of the wr's in the league are not finishers and take downs off when the ball is not intended for them. Rookie Rivers was welcomed to the NFL by a member of the remaining 10% that taught him a valuable lesson.........keep your head on a swivel when #86 is on the field and the ball is not in his hands.
Ward plays every down 110% until the whistle is blown the way EVERY football player was taught to do since they were in Pop Warner.
Ward is one of the few that earns his paycheck and he knows this......thats why he is always smiling.:greengrin:

SteelerNC
10-22-2008, 10:14 PM
I hate the Rat-Birds

MOTORKRAFT
10-22-2008, 10:36 PM
Suggs needs to shut up. You don't hear Keith Rivers talking about the hit do you? Oops, he can't. :banana: LMAO I couldn't pass that up.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-22-2008, 10:41 PM
If Hines Ward would, God forbid, become a FA and end up going elsewhere don't F'n tell me the Ratbirds wouldn't love to have him and every other team too just like the article said. Baltimore is a classless organization with punk *** players who don't know when to shut the hell up and just play. This has been going on ever since they moved from Cleveland to Baltimore and until Gay Ray retires and Suggs and Scott actually grow up it'll never change..and even after that it still won't because they are the ratbirds and always will be.

lloydfan4life
10-23-2008, 07:52 AM
Great article! :plus1:
Thanks for posting Deb!

Hines Ward is the definition of a Pittsburgh Steeler!!
I'm proud to have him on our team!
Keep kickin' *** Hines!! :cope:

memphissteelergirl
10-23-2008, 09:34 AM
ratbirds cant walk the walk so they talk the talk

There ya go....:yellowthumb:

ejsteeler
10-23-2008, 09:34 AM
Hines is da man!!! :yesnod: :yellowthumb:

memphissteelergirl
10-23-2008, 11:34 AM
Great article! :yellowthumb:

Dean Denton
10-23-2008, 01:09 PM
My buddy Velot, who by the way is a Seahawks fan said it best. "If I'm a Def player that got drilled by Ward, and they were going to fine him for it, I would call the league, and beg them not too. I would tell them to send the fine to me, and never bring it up again. I will do community service, extra practice, and pay double the fine if you forget sending it to Ward and give it to me."
My buddy who played semi-pro ball said, "As a Def player its all ready imbarrassing that you got laid out by a WR, but to highlight it be fining him makes it worse. If you are one of the guys that got blocked by a WR, "Ward", then he gets the fine...Go bury your head in the sand, and maybe think of playing baseball becuase you just got JACKED.....lol Come on, you know thats funny...

BlitzburghNation
10-23-2008, 01:13 PM
I hate the Rat-Birds

:ditto:
I heard hines Quote on sirius,,,,,he said he is used to being on teams bounty lists and they've have always tried to knock the smile off his face :lol:

When I heard this,,,,,I had to grab the wheel and hold it on the road from :haha: so hard

Dean Denton
10-23-2008, 06:23 PM
:ditto:
I heard hines Quote on sirius,,,,,he said he is used to being on teams bounty lists and they've have always tried to knock the smile off his face :lol:

When I heard this,,,,,I had to grab the wheel and hold it on the road from :haha: so hard That part of the interview was on NFL Network. It was funny. He said he didn't care, and was more worried about the Giants then anything those guys had to say.