PDA

View Full Version : McFadden to miss the next 5 games...Polamalu questionable for this weekend

Troyisabeast_43
10-20-2008, 07:53 PM
http://www.postgazette.com/pg/08294/921391-66.stm

This is a big big loss for the Steelers in my opinion considering how well McFadden had been playing and also that he finally solidified himself as a starter at the other corneback position when Townsend was out. If McFadden and Troy are both out for a extended period of time it really weakens the Steelers secondary especially at the safety position with Tyrone Carter starting for Troy who I think is absolutely terrible and should not even be on this team. Hopefully Troy's injury is not serious and he can play this week against the Giants. I guess we will find out for sure tomorrow when Tomlin has his news conference. Nonetheless, not very good news here for the Steelers today at all.

Stairwayto7
10-20-2008, 08:08 PM
This really sucks, but we know Townsend can play descent, so get well soon

Troyisabeast_43
10-20-2008, 08:16 PM
This really sucks, but we know Townsend can play descent, so get well soon

I am not as confident as you are with having Deshea Townsend back in there starting instead of McFadden. When Deshea has been in there this season he has given up a lot of big plays in the passing game especially in the Baltimore game. McFadden has been about as solid as you can be since becoming the starter. He tackles well, has broken up a lot of key passes late in games, and has just been very solid in coverage. Deshea Townsend while I dont think it's a huge drop off from McFadden I do think not having McFadden in there the next month or so will hurt them more then people think.

Dean Denton
10-20-2008, 08:19 PM
Didn't Troy just get his bell chimbed? He's ok. I think they just didn't need him to go back out there. so he sat out. He was talking on his phone ok. They didn't seem to be in any kind of panic over him on the sideline. Whats going on, are you guys holding out info on me? No one has said anything today about Troy being hurt....Talk to me...

SteelfordWexler
10-20-2008, 08:39 PM
Didn't Troy just get his bell chimbed? He's ok. I think they just didn't need him to go back out there. so he sat out. He was talking on his phone ok. They didn't seem to be in any kind of panic over him on the sideline. Whats going on, are you guys holding out info on me? No one has said anything today about Troy being hurt....Talk to me...

I don't think there has been any news on Troy. He has a history -mostly in college - of concussions, so there is a good chance he got another one, but no one has said officially that I'm aware of. They reported McFads injury on KDKA radio, but said they didn't have news on Troy as of about 15 minutes ago.

steelerfan11
10-20-2008, 08:42 PM
http://nflfromthesidelines.blogspot.com/

They say Troy had a serious concussion. He couldn't remember the play where he got hurt. This may just be speculations idk. I am sure there will be more information tomorrow after Tomlin's press conference.

Is Townsend completely healthy?

Troyisabeast_43
10-20-2008, 08:53 PM
http://nflfromthesidelines.blogspot.com/

They say Troy had a serious concussion. He couldn't remember the play where he got hurt. This may just be speculations idk. I am sure there will be more information tomorrow after Tomlin's press conference.

Is Townsend completely healthy?

If Troy and McFadden are both out this week against the Giants that will be a huge blow...You dont want to start having Troy missing games again like last season and depending on guys like Carter and Anthony Smith to take his place...

LatrobePA
10-20-2008, 08:58 PM
Where is Anthony Smith??

BlitzburghRockCity
10-20-2008, 09:15 PM
If Troy is out they'll put in either Carter or Smith. So far according to the PG Tomlin said he was dinged and they'll reevaluate him this week and see how it goes.

McFadden though is a blow because he was playing really well for us and we had tons of depth at CB, it's compounded with the fact that we're entering the toughest stretch of our schedule coming up with a lot of high powered offenses. This is where our depth will need to come through for us again. We're starting to get healthy everywhere else on this team now the DB's are banged up.

This is a big chance for Gay to really step up to the plate; he's shown good potential and improvement and we'll need him more and more. He'll be tested often and he'll have to be ready.

Zachintosh66
10-20-2008, 09:36 PM
Townsend will be fine... the scary thing is maybe having to stomach Carter back there...

BlitzburghRockCity
10-20-2008, 09:38 PM
Yeah Im not too worried about Townsend, he's a veteran and he'll step up. Im interested to see if they give Anthony Smith the nod if Troy goes out or if it will be Carter. Im wonder how bad Smith is still in Tomlin's doghouse.

K Train
10-20-2008, 09:42 PM
http://www.postgazette.com/pg/08294/921391-66.stm

This is a big big loss for the Steelers in my opinion considering how well McFadden had been playing and also that he finally solidified himself as a starter at the other corneback position when Townsend was out. If McFadden and Troy are both out for a extended period of time it really weakens the Steelers secondary especially at the safety position with Tyrone Carter starting for Troy who I think is absolutely terrible and should not even be on this team. Hopefully Troy's injury is not serious and he can play this week against the Giants. I guess we will find out for sure tomorrow when Tomlin has his news conference. Nonetheless, not very good news here for the Steelers today at all.

carter is not a bad fill in at all, hes always done well for us. He'll share time with smith whos a beast at SS in his own right. Townsend will start like he did a few weeks ago and gay will play townsends nickle spot

DIESELMAN
10-20-2008, 10:37 PM
If Carter plays anything like he did towards the end of last year, I'll say no thanks. He was slow and out of place to often.

HUNT4SEVEN
10-20-2008, 11:12 PM
Townsend will be fine... the scary thing is maybe having to stomach Carter back there...
Right can't we get Ryan Mundy back on the team?

Troyisabeast_43
10-20-2008, 11:24 PM
carter is not a bad fill in at all, hes always done well for us. He'll share time with smith whos a beast at SS in his own right. Townsend will start like he did a few weeks ago and gay will play townsends nickle spot

If Tyrone Carter has to play safety for any length of time if Troy is out that secondary will be in trouble...Especially with 3 of the next 4 games being against good passing teams like the Giants,Colts,and Chargers, and you can even include the Redskins in that group who have a lot of weapons such as our old buddy Randle El,Cooley,and Santana Moss.

steelerfan11
10-20-2008, 11:42 PM
Well hopefully Troy isn't out at all. We will hopefully find out tomorrow so no reason to over react at all right now.

Although if he is out i would rather see what Anthony Smith can so at SS with Ryan Clark still at FS. Anthony can have the ability to roam and we all know he likes to hit. IMO he would be a much better option than the slow Carter.

Stlrs4Life
10-21-2008, 12:04 AM
This stinks, the injuries are getting old!

NCSteeler
10-21-2008, 04:22 AM
I agree with most here, that Smith is a much betetr SS filliong in for Troy than a FS. They can use a Ryan as a safety net for Smith. The boy can come in and support the run game with big hits and likely not cover that well, but make a few impact hits to break up some plays. Hopefully Ryan can be over the top to protect the deep zone.
I don't think Tyrone is the answer for more than a one game fill in.

Dean Denton
10-21-2008, 01:34 PM
I like Carter coming in over Smith. Carter is better in pass coverage IMO. However I like smith against the run. He's a big hitter, but his mouth seems to get him in trouble. More with maybe taunting and that kind of thing.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-21-2008, 06:43 PM
Got a text from KDKA that Polamalu did indeed suffer a concussion but Tomlin expects him to be able to practice later this week.

Dean Denton
10-21-2008, 06:48 PM
Praise Jesus....Let it rain baby...Giants are in trouble if Troy plays. Thats huge for us..yeah baby...Sorry, I dont go to church, but it came out anyways...lol

Phenomenal TJ
10-21-2008, 10:09 PM
We're really going to need Polamalu the next few weeks. Townsend's slow as **** though, he's decent in zone, but when he has to man up against some of the faster, taller receivers, we're going to be in a world of hurt.