PDA

View Full Version : What do the Steelers need to do to beat the Giants?

SteelerNC
10-20-2008, 02:02 PM
What do the Steelers need to do to beat the Giants?

Dean Denton
10-20-2008, 02:16 PM
You can start by telling me the story behind that avitar....

SteelerNC
10-20-2008, 02:53 PM
I got lucky searching one night on google.:DANCE04:

ejsteeler
10-20-2008, 03:04 PM
meh, I like yours better Dean.....:yesnod:

anyway, what we need is to score TD's not FG's, and contain or just simply manhandle Eli. Those two things will bring it home. :2cents:

Troyisabeast_43
10-20-2008, 03:24 PM
Score early in this game, and make Eli beat you throwing the football and eliminate Brandon Jacobs from being a major factor. If Eli has to throw the ball in this game playing from behind to win I believe he will definitely make enough mistakes and turn the ball over and the Steelers will win. We saw Derek Anderson pick apart the Giants defense last week, I believe that if Ben has the time and protection next week he can do exactly the samething. This should be a close game but in the end I like the Steelers at home to win...

lloydfan4life
10-20-2008, 03:33 PM

They need to score more points than them! j/k

#1 - They need to give Ben time and protection.
#2 - Stop the Giants run game.
#3 - Have Hines smack the **** out of Plexico on the fourth play from scrimmage!

coggsnyrnyg
10-20-2008, 03:34 PM
Score early in this game, and make Eli beat you throwing the football and eliminate Brandon Jacobs from being a major factor. If Eli has to throw the ball in this game playing from behind to win I believe he will definitely make enough mistakes and turn the ball over and the Steelers will win. We saw Derek Anderson pick apart the Giants defense last week, I believe that if Ben has the time and protection next week he can do exactly the samething. This should be a close game but in the end I like the Steelers at home to win...

You do realize how many comeback victories Eli has in his short career while he was forced to throw the ball?

ejsteeler
10-20-2008, 03:45 PM
You do realize how many comeback victories Eli has in his short career while he was forced to throw the ball?

Yeah, but not against a stingy D like ours. :yellowthumb:

LatrobePA
10-20-2008, 03:47 PM
Pressure Eli all day long, stop the run...

AZ_Steeler
10-20-2008, 03:49 PM

Ben has just as many and actually leads the league in come back wins since joining the NFL. :D

Troyisabeast_43
10-20-2008, 04:06 PM

Not saying he wont be able to do it but it's going to be very tough for him to do it against a very very good Steelers defense on the road at Heinz Field should he fall behind in this game and dig himself an early hole...

SteelerNC
10-20-2008, 04:15 PM
Do you also realize how many games he has lost trying to comeback?:steelersflag4:

$teelersRule
10-20-2008, 04:20 PM
#3 - Have Hines smack the **** out of Plexico on the fourth play from scrimmage!

.... they both play in offense :scratch: maybe clark can give him a nice hit though!

Dean Denton
10-20-2008, 04:42 PM
meh, I like yours better Dean.....:yesnod:

anyway, what we need is to score TD's not FG's, and contain or just simply manhandle Eli. Those two things will bring it home. :2cents:

like mine too, but there is someting about hot women in Steeler gear that gets me feeling a little silly.

Yes, you are right we need TD's not FG's. If its a close shootout, I'm not counting Eli out of this game. He played well the last time he had to take to the air against us...remember???? That game was close. Still, this Def is solid, and should shut down the run, and force them to pass more than they want to, and that will be the end of them. 34-16 Steelers.....Too much fire power for the Giants

memphissteelergirl
10-20-2008, 04:49 PM
DEFENSE, DEFENSE, DEFENSE!!

LatrobePA
10-20-2008, 04:52 PM
.... they both play in offense :scratch: maybe clark can give him a nice hit though!

Duh!! LOL

Dean Denton
10-20-2008, 05:03 PM
You do realize how many comeback victories Eli has in his short career while he was forced to throw the ball? Bens leads the league in comebacks since 2004. I think its like 16 or 17. How many does eli have?

HUNT4SEVEN
10-20-2008, 05:37 PM
We need to do what we've been doing score early an often, an bring the heat to that sissy eli just like we do to his sissy brother peyton:lol::lol::tt02::helmet::yellowthumb::imho:

LarryNJ
10-20-2008, 08:36 PM
1 simple thing, PROTECT BEN. Even with their injuries and retirement the Giants know how to get after the QB. If we have another day similar to Philly we'll be in for a long day. If we can keep the sacks under 3 we should win.

NCSteeler
10-21-2008, 04:25 AM

Maybe Hines would be the best bet to fill in for Troy....

lloydfan4life
10-21-2008, 08:22 AM

My bad. :duh: What was I thinkin'? :evilshake:
Thanks for straightening me out!

Everyone says Hines is a dirty player though.... maybe he should just hit Plex in the tunnel on the way out to the field! :cope:

$teelersRule
10-21-2008, 08:45 AM
My bad. :duh: What was I thinkin'? :evilshake:
Thanks for straightening me out!

Everyone says Hines is a dirty player though.... maybe he should just hit Plex in the tunnel on the way out to the field! :cope:

yeah no worries buddy. :yellowthumb: i do hope he gets rocked though.

steelcitysfinestXL
10-21-2008, 09:48 AM
To beat the Giants, 2 things:

1. Stop the three headed monster!! Ward, Bradshaw and Jacobs make up one hell of a backfield. Its a good thing for the rest of the league that Caughlin is STILL trying to get these guys (ward and bradshaw) equal carries, instead of just riding 2 backs a game. Its seems like when one of them gets on a roll he comes out to give another some carries.

If we shut down the run (which we can if we fly to the ball and wrap up) I REALLY dont see Eli being able to beat us all game. NYGs have a phenominal o-line so we may finally see more of our "exotic" blitz packages to confuse a very stout front.

2. Give Ben Time. Im honestly not sure if the G-men are a blitzing style d or not but they always get pressure. Their secondary is suspect to say the least, so every extra second Ben gets will be precious. Nate is coming into his own right now so in our 3 wr sets we have 5 lethal weapons at Bens disposal. Moore is gonna have to have his head on a swivel when asked to stay in and block. When he gets out in the flats and gets his hands on the ball, we're gonna need more of the same from him!

Containing the man-child that is Justin Tuck. He's like Mario Williams with more speed and a motor that NEVER quits. I think our Olines worst day are behind them, so i dont expect to see a repeat of the PHI game. Stapelton and Colon will have their hands full with Tuck. On the other side Kiwanuka is no slouch either. Max is gonna have to have another solid game or Bens blindside is in BIG trouble.

This game is very win-able. I hate to make the browns comparison (PIT beat CLE + CLE beat NYG = PIT beat NYG) cause that means nothing. But they look awful against the browns. That alone tells me they are very beatable for us!

JensK
10-21-2008, 10:07 AM
To me its really simple. This game is going to be decided by the o-lines. Both Steelers and NYG have evil evil defences, who both have proven that they are capable of getting to the QB and getting the job done. Its a fact, that no QB (maybe Big Ben ;) ) can make a play, when he is slammed to the ground. So the team who can keep their QB more safe is going to be the winner of this game, because both teams have equal (imo) talent on offence. Both have good RB's, both have good WRs' and both have a good QB (i know some ppl hate Eli, but no matter what, he normally gets the job done to a certain degree).

Over all take:

Steelers Defence vs. NYG's offence:

Jacobs have been pretty good this season so far, and he have had a few really good games ( Car Yds Avg TDs
96 516 5.4 6), however you don't run against the steelers. I don't see Jacobs being such a big force against our defence, in which case it'll be up to Eli to lead the NYG to TD's. This should lead to some interessting match-ups in the backfield, where Burress is a constant problem. Further more, he is going to be fired up against hes previous club. Don't expect our secondaries to shut down Burress, cause you can't do that. What we'll have to do is to force Eli to make mistakes. Expect Harrison and Woodley to be all over him in this game. I also think that Timmons is going to get used a lot, due to the fact that he is stupid fast, and we need to get to Eli quick, so he could be the ideal weapon for that. Over all i like the Steelers here. Its not going to be easy, seing that they do have some strong offensive weapons, but the steel curtain is strong(est) this year!!!

NYG defence vs. Steelers offence:

We know for a fact, that Big Ben will be there. He always is. He may not play good throughout the game, but he'll make plays when its really needed. What is going to be the key against this NYG defence is, that we can get our running game going, which might not be too easy. NYG is 5th overall against the run, which means that Willie (if he returns) and Moore will have to have some good days. Id love to see both on the field at the same time. That should make some missmatches, because willie is fast and NYG will HAVE to take that into concideration, however, Moore have been running really great aswell, and he is a beast at the short screenpass game, so the Giants will have to figure which of the RB's will get the ball and how. Further more, Moore (no pun intended!) is a good blocker too, which will help Willie alot (since he really needs blocking..)!

Expect the Giants to be all over Ben next sunday. They'll do whatever it takes to slam him to the ground all day long. They know it can be done. Eagles showed them that already. A lot of the steelers succes (as i stated) will be weather they can contain their defence or not.

Its a tough call here. It can go both ways, but i am confident in the Steelers and Big Ben. He seems to step up when most needed, which it will be against NYG.

ST vs ST

whatever... Non of the teams have been a huge ST threat so far this seaon, so i don't see the game being decided here. The Steelers have improved alot here so yeah... whatever :P

Over all i like the steelers over giants here, but it sure as hell will get tough! HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!

(im sorry for all the spelling mistakes... >.>)

BlitzburghRockCity
10-23-2008, 12:29 AM
Our secondary will be tested and I expect Burress to get a lot of looks in this game which means Ike will have to be ready. We're probably going to have to play a good amount of nickel defense in this game because the Giants have a lot of weapons but either way I expect Lebeau to bring the heat and get pressure on Eli. Fortunately they don't see a lot of the 34 each year so that is to our advantage but still their OL is as tough as they come so it's going to be a test. Whoever can control the trenches wins this game for sure.

Dean Denton
10-23-2008, 07:34 PM
They only need to show up, wink at Eli, and let the games begin. This game should be over before the coin toss. The Giants are out matched here, and will be lucky not to get beat by many points. blood will flow, tears will stream, and hearts will break, Eli will feel like his in an earthquake....lol

Axeman
10-25-2008, 10:38 AM
Ball control Offense, stop the run and rip Eli's friggin head off. put Hines in at CB for one play to take Plax. out. j/k on the Plax thing. I still like him.

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
10-25-2008, 10:51 AM

#1.Don't drive around town 3 days before the game with weed in your car.

#2.Don't step in any holes working out right after a bye week.

#3.Don't lead with your helmet every play giving yourself your 7th concussion.

Really though this should be a defensive showcase..with both teams pressuring the QB's..I think Ben wins that match-up,He's more of a playmaker when the pocket collapses than Eli. I think it will be ugly..Pitt 17- GeeeMen- 14

coggsnyrnyg
10-25-2008, 11:02 AM
Bens leads the league in comebacks since 2004. I think its like 16 or 17. How many does eli have?

Not sure off the top of my head, but he had 6 4th quarter comeback victories last season. That includes play-off game vs Da**as and the Super Bowl.

--- Added 10/25/2008 at 09:02 AM ---

#1.Don't drive around town 3 days before the game with weed in your car.

#2.Don't step in any holes working out right after a bye week.

#3.Don't lead with your helmet every play giving yourself your 7th concussion.

Really though this should be a defensive showcase..with both teams pressuring the QB's..I think Ben wins that match-up,He's more of a playmaker when the pocket collapses than Eli. I think it will be ugly..Pitt 17- GeeeMen- 14
You forgot to not ride a motorcycle without a helmet!

BLEIER20
10-25-2008, 12:08 PM
I personally think the score is going to be higher than you all think. It will be points scored on long plays, prefferably on the run. Special teams on both sides will contribute as well. A couple long pass plays will happen and I feel Eli will hit Plax on a couple for the G-Men and Ben will give Ward a few tosses for a couple scores. Look for Heath Miller across the middle to pull in those 3rd and longs, plus a score! Also If Limas plays and Nate will get a few touches as well. The arsenal is there if we use it right and the O Line does their job of protecting Ben and the run! Keeping Moore healthy and Parker back in the swing on limited plays will be an asset!