PDA

View Full Version : Finally - Giants vs Steelers

coggsnyrnyg
10-20-2008, 11:02 AM
the game is upon us. Didn't see yesterday's giants game as I was in Detroit, but it didnt seem like they played that well. Saw part of the Steelers game. Steelers should have blown them out early. I like most of you guys on here, but sure hope you have a miserable sunday and next monday!!!!

AZ_Steeler
10-20-2008, 12:03 PM
:lol: Why do you say that?

memphissteelergirl
10-20-2008, 12:12 PM
the game is upon us. Didn't see yesterday's giants game as I was in Detroit, but it didnt seem like they played that well. Saw part of the Steelers game. Steelers should have blown them out early. I like most of you guys on here, but sure hope you have a miserable sunday and next monday!!!!

And may I wish the same for you (with all due respect, of course.) :lol:

Dean Denton
10-20-2008, 12:14 PM
I cant wait for this game. I think the Steelers are the better team, and should crush NY at in Pittsburgh. The game will be close, but I like our QB better if it comes down to who can win the game if its on the line. I'm still waiting for my friend to call me. I have not heard from him since the Browns beat the giants. I bet he calls if the Giants beat the Steelers. Thats what cowards do. But he is a Giants fan....

LatrobePA
10-20-2008, 12:37 PM
Nothing wrong with the Giants should be a good game. Who's the Giants back-up QB? He might want to start warming up early in the week, they'll need him B4 the end of the game.....

Good luck NY...

coggsnyrnyg
10-20-2008, 12:55 PM
Nothing wrong with the Giants should be a good game. Who's the Giants back-up QB? He might want to start warming up early in the week, they'll need him B4 the end of the game.....

Good luck NY...
True. When the Giants are up 35-0 after the 3rd quarter, it would be a good idea to pull the starters!!!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
10-20-2008, 01:18 PM
This is a big test, the Giants have a great pass rush and one of the best OL's in football. Im anxious to see how we stack up against a quality team like this.

Pressure on Eli will be of the utmost importance in this game, if we can't get to him it's going to be a looonnnnnggg game. This isn't a game where you can take the first quarter off and then just turn it on after halftime. We have to come out firing on offense and get the crowd into it and most of all score TD's not FG's.

Dean Denton
10-20-2008, 01:34 PM
True. When the Giants are up 35-0 after the 3rd quarter, it would be a good idea to pull the starters!!!!!
Touche...lol

--- Added 10/20/2008 at 11:34 AM ---

This is a big test, the Giants have a great pass rush and one of the best OL's in football. Im anxious to see how we stack up against a quality team like this.

Pressure on Eli will be of the utmost importance in this game, if we can't get to him it's going to be a looonnnnnggg game. This isn't a game where you can take the first quarter off and then just turn it on after halftime. We have to come out firing on offense and get the crowd into it and most of all score TD's not FG's.
Your right. Last time we played them Eli had a good game against Dick, and his Blitzes. Plus now they have a better running game. Their OL is good, but so is our DL. But, the way our OL matches up with their DL could be the difference in this game. Over all I know we are the better team, but that doesn't mean anything come kick off. We need to strike fast, and force them to pass. Bring pressure to Eli, and watch him become the Eli we all know he is. The one that fell apart against the Browns, and Bungles.

coggsnyrnyg
10-20-2008, 01:53 PM
This is definitely a test for both teams. It will come down to the pass rush. If Roethlisburger has all day to throw the way Derek Anderson did, then the Steelers will win big. If they can get to Roethlisbgurger, the Giants will win. On the other side of the ball. If Eli plays like he played against Cleveland, then the Giants will be in deep doo-doo.

Dean Denton
10-20-2008, 02:14 PM
This is definitely a test for both teams. It will come down to the pass rush. If Roethlisburger has all day to throw the way Derek Anderson did, then the Steelers will win big. If they can get to Roethlisbgurger, the Giants will win. On the other side of the ball. If Eli plays like he played against Cleveland, then the Giants will be in deep doo-doo.
I'm pulling for the latter....lol

LatrobePA
10-20-2008, 02:17 PM

LOL, good one...I like your sense of humor, you'll need it Sunday...

Like I said good luck to you guys, nothing wrong with your team, I like Eli...

ejsteeler
10-20-2008, 02:44 PM
This game is big and could very easily set the pace for the rest of our season for the good or bad. We need to show up mean and take it to them. We have the ability. If we let them stay in the game, I fear it will haunt us in the 4th quarter. The O has to be on their game, I'm not worried about the D. :2cents:

And kudo's to you coggs. It's nice to have a rival in hear talking crap with some sense. :yellowthumb:

coggsnyrnyg
10-20-2008, 03:16 PM
Yeah, past the point in my life where it is fun to simply go on to another team's site and randomly say $h!t just to p!ss people off. Was fun years ago, lost it's usefulness.

Anyways, the beginning of the game will be huge. bviously the crowd will be pumped, it will be difficult for the Giants. The Steelers capitalize on that and jump out to a 14-0, 14-3 lead, it could be difficult for the Giants to come back. Cleveland had the same thing, but early in the 2nd quarter they were down 7-3. Giants need to limit the damage early and try to get the crowd out of it.

ejsteeler
10-20-2008, 03:47 PM
Your right and that actually goes both ways. If the G-men jump out early and take the crowd out of it, it could be a long day.......
Not that I think that will happen though...:lol:

Dean Denton
10-20-2008, 04:30 PM
Your right and that actually goes both ways. If the G-men jump out early and take the crowd out of it, it could be a long day.......
Not that I think that will happen though...:lol:
No NO NO....If our crowd gets taken out early, then our QB will put them back in it like he did against the Ravens a couple weeks ago, and like he did agaist Jax last year in both games. Ben wants this more than any game so far this year. Whenever he plays Eli or Rivers you are going to get the best Ben we have. Dont think for a minute that he is over those two guys getting picked ahead of him in the draft, and he will rub it in the faces of those franchise for making the mistake, and there is nothing either one of those teams can do about it. This will be a street fight with the Steelers winning this by 17 or 21 points. Eli is getting caught with his pants down. If he thought the Browns were tough....Brother, this will be hell!!!!!

yinzer
10-20-2008, 05:39 PM
No NO NO....If our crowd gets taken out early, then our QB will put them back in it like he did against the Ravens a couple weeks ago, and like he did agaist Jax last year in both games. Ben wants this more than any game so far this year. Whenever he plays Eli or Rivers you are going to get the best Ben we have. Dont think for a minute that he is over those two guys getting picked ahead of him in the draft, and he will rub it in the faces of those franchise for making the mistake, and there is nothing either one of those teams can do about it. This will be a street fight with the Steelers winning this by 17 or 21 points. Eli is getting caught with his pants down. If he thought the Browns were tough....Brother, this will be hell!!!!!

:plus1: couldn't have said it better myself!! Damn!

Dean Denton
10-20-2008, 05:59 PM
:plus1: couldn't have said it better myself!! Damn!

Thanks. I had to get that off my chest. hahaha, dont get me wrong, I'm happy those teams took rivers and Eli. And I'm sure they regret it. I know the Chargers do. Hell, the regret getting rid of Breez...lol

steelerschick1220
10-20-2008, 06:08 PM
I am looking forward to this game. I think it will be a good game. I am most anxious to see how our oline plays after doing a pretty good job against the Bengals.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-20-2008, 06:26 PM
Touche...lol

--- Added 10/20/2008 at 11:34 AM ---

Your right. Last time we played them Eli had a good game against Dick, and his Blitzes. Plus now they have a better running game. Their OL is good, but so is our DL. But, the way our OL matches up with their DL could be the difference in this game. Over all I know we are the better team, but that doesn't mean anything come kick off. We need to strike fast, and force them to pass. Bring pressure to Eli, and watch him become the Eli we all know he is. The one that fell apart against the Browns, and Bungles.

That's a big key right there for us...yesterday against the Bengals Ben was not sacked at all if I remember right but this week they will be tested early and often. The Giants pass rush is very good and if they start getting through to Ben like the Eagles did we might as well pack it in. It is absolutely imperative that they protect Ben and give him time. It's also just as imperative that we keep the tempo of the offense upbeat and moving along. Allow Ben to do a lot of short drops, quick passes, roll outs, things of that nature to slow down the pass rush just like he did against the Jags and Bengals. If we can do that it will keep that pass rush in check and also help the running game too.

$teelersRule
10-20-2008, 08:52 PM
my girlfriend is a huge giants fan so i need the steelers to pull this one out or else i will be hearing about it till we beat them again...whenever that may be... plus i would LOVE to rub it her face too!:nahnah: haha :lol:

DIESELMAN
10-20-2008, 10:47 PM
Eli had better bring his A+ game, he hasn't seen a OLB tandem like he's gettin ready to feel come Sunday.

Stlrs4Life
10-21-2008, 12:06 AM
Should be a fun game to watch.

MOTORKRAFT
10-21-2008, 12:22 AM
I wonder if the Steelers win this game will the be mentioned on ESPN?

portcityblackandgold
10-21-2008, 09:56 AM
I like the the fact that we're going into a big game on a positive note and we have the Steeler Nation homefield advantage.:tt02:

steelcitysfinestXL
10-21-2008, 10:00 AM
This is priming to be the game of the year (regular season atleast)

1.Big Ben Vs. Eli
-same draft class
-both won a ring early
-both in the making to be the new elite qb class

2. Tenacious D Vs. Great Running attack
- Giants top 3 in the league in Rushing
-Steelers number one overall defense

3. Ben Vs. great pass rush/ limited secondary
- G-Men always bring pressure
-Ben is the football equivalant of Harry Houdini

Cant wait for this one to kick off!!!

$teelersRule
10-21-2008, 10:46 AM
Cant wait for this one to kick off!!!

i know is it sunday yet!?:popcorn:

i think Ward has a big game this week. their secondary is more than a little suspect and Ward is going to want to prove he was the better choice to sign than Plax was a few years ago.

Dean Denton
10-21-2008, 12:26 PM
I wonder if the Steelers win this game will the be mentioned on ESPN?

I know huh? I think this team is at the top too much so they get sick of talking about them. Still this is football season and the teams at the top need to be talked about. They seem to talk about all the winning teams but the Steelers. The Pats will get talked up more over their win then we will, and we have a much better team. OK, I understand the Titans and the Bills, they have not really been talked about all that much in years," not our fault they suck" but you still cant ignore the greatness that is the Pittsburgh Steelers.....Friggin Bitches....ggrrrr

steelerschick1220
10-21-2008, 02:16 PM
If we win, I have to think that we will get a mention on ESPN. And maybe they will finally say that we are a better team then they think. Whenever we get a mention it is that we have a good D, Ben is great, our oline is playing better, but they still are not certain about that schedule. If we win, I would think that they should realize we can handle the schedule.

Dean Denton
10-21-2008, 02:24 PM
This has to be Game of the Week. With Superbowl talk buzzing around it. This should be hyped more than any game so far this year. Ben-Eli, two rings, to destinys coming head to head. Who wants it more? Who will shine, and who will fall. You know, al that crap to sell it...lol

SteelerSteve
10-21-2008, 05:47 PM

Good luck NY... Same thing could happen to Ben if the Giants D-line destroys us like the Eagles did. I'm hopeful that Ben will have another good game though.

Dean Denton
10-21-2008, 06:31 PM
Same thing could happen to Ben if the Giants D-line destroys us like the Eagles did. I'm hopeful that Ben will have another good game though.
Thats fine because I know our back up is better than theirs. Who is their back up?

BlitzburghRockCity
10-23-2008, 05:24 PM
We really need to get Heath involved more; he's been a minimal factor the last 2 weeks and for being such great weapon Ben needs to find him more. He has the talent to completely take over a game if given the opportunity.

Dean Denton
10-23-2008, 07:10 PM
We really need to get Heath involved more; he's been a minimal factor the last 2 weeks and for being such great weapon Ben needs to find him more. He has the talent to completely take over a game if given the opportunity. I agree. The giants are a little week at LB right now and I would look for Miller over the middle alot in this game.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-23-2008, 07:36 PM
I would love to see Spaeth get involved more in the Red Zone especially but also on some sideline patterns and such; places you can really use that size of his to our advantage. Our WR's are generally on the smaller size but we've got 2 huge weapons at TE that have got to get involved more.

Dean Denton
10-23-2008, 07:43 PM
I would love to see Spaeth get involved more in the Red Zone especially but also on some sideline patterns and such; places you can really use that size of his to our advantage. Our WR's are generally on the smaller size but we've got 2 huge weapons at TE that have got to get involved more.I have been saying that for a couple years now. We are ranked like 31st in the redzone this year, and that needs to improve. Thats what it say on ESPN.com anyways.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-23-2008, 07:48 PM
One thing we never do is the Tackle eligible in the red zone, NOBODY would be expecting that play at all and what a great time to use it. Colon or Marvel would be wide open in the end zone if Arians would call that I'm sure.

Dean Denton
10-23-2008, 07:52 PM
One thing we never do is the Tackle eligible in the red zone, NOBODY would be expecting that play at all and what a great time to use it. Colon or Marvel would be wide open in the end zone if Arians would call that I'm sure. Do you really trust them to catch it?...lol Cowher was a little pissed that we kept throwing on the red zone last week. Three straight throws.

steelerschick1220
10-23-2008, 10:25 PM
One thing we never do is the Tackle eligible in the red zone, NOBODY would be expecting that play at all and what a great time to use it. Colon or Marvel would be wide open in the end zone if Arians would call that I'm sure.
Please. That is WAY to inventive for Arians to use.