PDA

View Full Version : Willie & Najeh..looking like a good combination

BlitzburghRockCity
10-15-2006, 09:55 PM
Willie ran hard today like he always does, he just keeps getting better and better every week...but Najeh really showed he's got something to prove as well. He ran hard, strong, and showed good speed today. If he keeps this up we may have found the jem that we've been looking for to compliment Willie.

Najeh showed good power getting across the goal line in the 4th quarter on 4th down.

Koopa
10-15-2006, 09:57 PM
what sucks is davenport is on a one year deal, and if he continues to impress ppl, he might cash in somewhere else.....but him and willie could be badass together if they keep him for more then a year

K Train
10-15-2006, 09:58 PM
Every time Najeh has touched the ball, its been positive...he had one go for 0 in SD, but he breaks free for us...and Willie...man willie was running with a fire under his ***.

Even if some were to say Najeh didnt do good on the goal line...Kreider wasnt playing and hes one of the best blocking FBs in the league... not many are gonna think about that, but its actually huge.

House of Steel
10-15-2006, 09:59 PM
He might want to stay in the Burgh, Koopa, you never know.

Hburg
10-15-2006, 10:00 PM
Yea, I'm startin to like that combination. I'm curious as to where Duce is hidin but at this point I am not in any hurry to rush him back. He didn't impress me earlier this year and Willie has been tough as steel carryin all the weight on his shoulders. I like the Davenport addition to give some relief to Willie.

BuFu

BlitzburghRockCity
10-15-2006, 10:00 PM
If he does have a good year the organization should have plenty of money to keep him with the team. We're in good shape as far as FA goes next year. I hope he continues to do well, he's got good feet & hands, and seems to have a nice burst getting through the hole too.

Koopa
10-15-2006, 10:01 PM
He might want to stay in the Burgh, Koopa, you never know.

if he doesn't want money he'll stay, but we ain't gonna pay him what he can get else where if he has a badass season

K Train
10-15-2006, 10:13 PM
We'll have plenty of money after we cut duce:lol:

Koopa
10-15-2006, 10:14 PM
oh yeah, i forgot about that fat worhtless peice of **** lol

BlitzburghRockCity
10-15-2006, 10:15 PM
Duce who ??????

House of Steel
10-15-2006, 10:15 PM
oh yeah, i forgot about that fat worhtless peice of **** lol

:tt02: :tt02: :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious:

SteelersfaninPhilly
10-15-2006, 10:57 PM
Duce this Duce that. Someone care to do the Salary cap?

BlitzburghRockCity
10-16-2006, 12:21 AM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06289/730416-66.stm

Monday, October 16, 2006

By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Someone suggested to Fast Willie Parker that he and 247-pound Najeh Davenport could combine for some Thunder & Lightning in the Steelers backfield.

Parker laughed.

"I think there are two lightnings,'' he said.

Davenport won't be confused with having the kind of speed Parker does, but he flashed some nevertheless in his most extensive playing time since the Steelers signed him after their opening game.

Davenport ran 12 times for 78 yards, including runs of 48, 18 and a one-yard touchdown.

"Najeh ran hard,'' coach Bill Cowher said. "It was good to see him in there.''

Although big, Davenport's style is different than that of Jerome Bettis.

"I don't think I'm the type of back Jerome was," Davenport said. "I like to use my speed as an accent, although I got run down by a defensive lineman."

That happened in the second quarter when Davenport ran up the middle from the Steelers' 35 and shook into the open before Kansas City's Jared Allen ran him down at the Chiefs' 17.

"My tank was tapped a little bit,'' Davenport said. "The dude came and got me. Kudos to him It shouldn't happen again."

Prosdo
10-16-2006, 12:29 AM
I love the Power and Speed combo. Najeh seems like a good fit here. If he keeps it up the Steelers should sign him to a couple year deal.

Hburg
10-16-2006, 12:43 AM
If the Steelers work Davenport in well wit their system we could have a freight train to add to our Mustang.

BuFu

Steelersfan
10-16-2006, 01:42 AM
Davenport needs to get his endurance built up. There was no need of a DL running him down! I thought for sure he was taking that all the way and he just died....lol
He has made some huge plays for us already so I hope we keep him longer than this year.

AZ_Steeler
10-16-2006, 01:45 AM
Finally! Najeh gets to carry the ball!!! I was impressed with him... a lot! He did run out of gas on that long run, but at least he said he won't happen again.

You know for being listed at 247, he doesn't look it one bit! He looks maybe 220 but not 250 :dunno:

BlitzburghRockCity
10-16-2006, 01:47 AM
If the Steelers work Davenport in well wit their system we could have a freight train to add to our Mustang.

BuFu

Get that FORD crap outta here :lol: How bout "A Hummer to add to our Ferrari" :greengrin:

suitanim
10-16-2006, 09:42 AM
He's young, too. If he can avoid injuries, I'd love to see Willie and Najeh as the 1-2 punch for the Steelers for the next few years.

House of Steel
10-16-2006, 09:49 AM
I agree with BUFU, Davenport is a frieght train coming head on. Man, he was the bomb yesterday and Willie, I say he is a Lamborgini big time. VROOM!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
10-16-2006, 10:15 AM
Thunder & Lightning sounds good to me :yesnod:

Black@Gold Forever32
10-16-2006, 10:20 AM
I'm for Dookie staying in the Burgh. But the Steelers would be smart to still draft a RB high in the draft next year. The way the Steelers use their RB's they need the depth. I hope Michael Bush from Louisville is a Steeler next year. But thats to far away to even think about.

Both Willie Parker and Dookie are playing real good.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-16-2006, 10:23 AM
If they bring back Najeh I wouldnt expect them to take a RB high in the draft. Still though I think we should as you said; since we had such a hard time playing musical RB's this year up until now.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-16-2006, 10:26 AM
If they bring back Najeh I wouldnt expect them to take a RB high in the draft. Still though I think we should as you said; since we had such a hard time playing musical RB's this year up until now.

I like Dookie but he has had some injury issues in the past with the Packers. If the Steelers draft a RB I want a big back. Willie Parker is the starter no doubt and he is proving to be a tough runner as well. But Bush would be a monster with the Steelers. But the draft is to far away to even think about. But I'm always thinking about the draft. When I watch college football I'm always thinking this guy could help the Steelers or I want this guy to be a Steeler.

Hburg
10-16-2006, 11:18 AM
Get that FORD crap outta here :lol: How bout "A Hummer to add to our Ferrari" :greengrin:

I agree with BUFU, Davenport is a frieght train coming head on. Man, he was the bomb yesterday and Willie, I say he is a Lamborgini big time. VROOM!!!

I've been callin Parker a Mustang since last season when he started to show off his speed. I made the Mustang comparison because Parker exhibited a lot of speed and wasn't a high end, known, expensive player (ie: Ferrari, Lamborgini). At this point I would still compare Parker to a Mustang in construction to become a Shelby GT 500, he is just only goin to get faster and smarter. By the end of this season he may just become a Corvette C6 Z06.

Davenport commented on how he was caught by a DB and said the more he gets in shape that will not happen. I'm glad to hear it because we all know how hard it is to stop a downhill, runaway freight train head-on and if you can't catch it from behind then it's only gonna stop when it reaches the end of the line....in the end zone!

BuFu

BlacknGold Bleeder
10-16-2006, 01:25 PM
I said it before when we signed him and I'll keep on saying it..."This reminds me of another "big back" who wore out his welcome with original team then signed with STEELERS... anyone remember a Jerome Bettis?? " He doesn't doesn't with with exact same style but then again I don't think "da Bus" ran with his, Najeh, speed!!

BlitzburghRockCity
10-16-2006, 01:28 PM
If Najeh works out half as well as the Bus did for us, we'll all be pretty happy campers :yesnod:

BBG7
10-16-2006, 03:38 PM
I was definately impressed with our running game. Willie and Najeh make a great combo. It also helped open up our passing game and I think that has a lot to do with the sucess we had there also. All I know is it's a good feeling to see us back!