PDA

View Full Version : Are the Steelers the best team in the NFL?

Troyisabeast_43
10-19-2008, 09:44 PM
The Steelers have 2 of the top 5 players in the NFL in sacks playing OLB. They have one of the top 2 QB's in the league. They have Pro Bowl caliber players at DE, NT, OLB, ILB, S, QB, RB, WR, K, and TE, and tons of quality depth when they have injuries. The only perceived weakness is the O-line, but since they switched to more hurry up and 4 WR sets the sacks have gone way down. There is no more complete team in the AFC right now and only 1 team in the NFL has a better record. The Steelers are a better football team then the Tennessee Titans period and nobody will be able to convince me otherwise I dont care if they are 6-0 or not. They have 6 of their final 10 games at home and a lot of these games coming up are looking more winnable and easy as the weeks go on. The Steelers finish up with 6 of their final 10 games at home and that is a scary scary thing...

BlitzburghNation
10-19-2008, 09:52 PM
well you make a great case,,,,,,Ofcourse i'm agreeing with you,but it's still early and alot of football left !

Our november schedule will definetley tell us how good our team is,,,,,,,:popcorn:

Just hope we are discussing this in week #17 :crossfingers:

Stlrs4Life
10-19-2008, 09:56 PM
Not yet. I'm still not sold on our Offense. And as said, thi is the NFL. No clear cut team any more.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-19-2008, 09:57 PM
I don't know if we are the best team yet, we've only played 1 team with a winning record at the time and that was Philly and they stomped us. I want to see us go up against quality opponents like we're going to see over the next 6 weeks and lets find out what we are made of before we start proclaiming ourselves anything other than "solid with a lot of potential". Granted our OL was in a shamble at the time and they couldn't do anything right so maybe things would be different now, maybe not.

I have all the confidence in the world that we can play with any team in the league and be competitive. This is where the rubber meets the road, this team has a tough road ahead and we'll be battle tested better than anyone else in the league heading into late December. I love the fact that the majority of these upcoming big games are at home, that is HUGE for us, but now it's time to really put the pedal to the medal and find out if the Steelers really are as legit as we all hope they are and as their record so far indicates. You can't ask for a better scenario heading into week 8 being 5-1 that's for sure.

Silverback 92
10-19-2008, 10:16 PM
magic 8 ball says that game gets played in feb.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-19-2008, 10:26 PM
Troy.....Another solid and well thought out post by you....Credit to your sir....I can never say or prove you wrong...I just have different thought process then you....I do enjoy reading your thoughts and opinions...Nice work

steelerschick1220
10-19-2008, 10:52 PM
I am pleased with the start to our season so far and I do think that we have a very solid team. If we get a good oline and an OC who knows what he is doing, I think we could be a very good team for quite some time.

Now, we had a fast start last year and we faltered down the stretch. I want to see how we continue playing as the season goes on. That being said, I do not think there is a clear cut favorite in the AFC and I think we could beat any team that is out there.

Steelerlyn
10-19-2008, 11:39 PM
NO, they are not the best team in the NFL. Looking at the stats TN is

Forged in Steel
10-19-2008, 11:39 PM
Not yet. From the Giants game on we'll know. Offensive line: :nono:

Black@Gold Forever32
10-20-2008, 12:16 AM

Who cares that the stats say....lol If you honestly believe that the Titans are the best team in the NFL then you better stop watching football....:lol:

The Titans have a very good defense....But their D is far from great and isn't anything close to the 2000 Ravens defense...If they were then I would be worried about the Titans....Their offense is nothing to fear.....They run the ball well but the Steelers stop the run with the best of them......Chris Johnson is the only offensive player that really concerns me....Lendale White is a fat slob and I don't care what kind of game he had against one of the worst teams in the NFL today....Plus all I have to say is look at the Titans QBs....Kerry Collins and Vince Young....enough said what a joke....The Titans are the most over-rated team in the NFL....

TEEMONT
10-20-2008, 12:29 AM

what stats are you looking at?

You mean the ones with Pitt as the number total D? Or are you just looking at records?

The titans have not played anyone yet. their D is solid, but ours is much better.

watch the games, please.....

K Train
10-20-2008, 04:19 AM
tenn is a joke of an undefeated team, chris johnson is nasty but this team will struggle an awful lot down the stretch.

this week the steelers were the best, next week who the **** knows

Stairwayto7
10-20-2008, 05:54 AM

Who goes by stats??

Anyway, I still think that we need to play a quality opponent, we haven`t yet! But its coming, maybe for the next month.

Our we the best team, not yet. But its nice to see Ben getting healthy, although there was a stretch of the game yesterday that he didn`t look so good. But he did stay upright most of the game, so that another week to get healthy.

In my opinion. tennessee is NOT the best team. Not sure who is yet.

steelcitysfinestXL
10-20-2008, 10:14 AM
In this day in the NFL, you cant go against the undefeated team. TENN is doing all this w/ a back-up QB and a rookie as the feature player on Offense in Chris Johnson. Yeah they schedule has looked kinda sorry. But that is no excuse, just ask the Dallas Cowboys how much opposing teams records matter.

We are a damn good team, but i dont think its a suprise that we have this record. I said since the release of the '08 schdule that we should open atleast 5-1. The good thing is that all the rest of our games now look VERY winnable!!

I think this game was a good showing of how DYNAMIC we can be on offense when Big Ben has time to throw. Moore is a viable weapon in every phase of the offensive game. Our D-line is crediteed for being experienced instead of over-the-hill. And finally, our oline is now being credited for having young depth instead of inexperienced! Alot of good things are materializing at the right time with this team. If we can build (offensively) off of this win, we may be looking at a very impressive strech into the playoffs!!

SteelersWoman
10-20-2008, 12:13 PM
Who goes by stats??

.... But its nice to see Ben getting healthy, although there was a stretch of the game yesterday that he didn`t look so good....

It was probably the stretch where he wasn't callin his own plays.

We don't need Arians--he just eats up a paycheck, and can't do nearly as well as what Ben could do without him :2cents:

ejsteeler
10-20-2008, 12:33 PM
In this day in the NFL, you cant go against the undefeated team. TENN is doing all this w/ a back-up QB and a rookie as the feature player on Offense in Chris Johnson. Yeah they schedule has looked kinda sorry. But that is no excuse, just ask the Dallas Cowboys how much opposing teams records matter.

We are a damn good team, but i dont think its a suprise that we have this record. I said since the release of the '08 schdule that we should open atleast 5-1. The good thing is that all the rest of our games now look VERY winnable!!

I think this game was a good showing of how DYNAMIC we can be on offense when Big Ben has time to throw. Moore is a viable weapon in every phase of the offensive game. Our D-line is crediteed for being experienced instead of over-the-hill. And finally, our oline is now being credited for having young depth instead of inexperienced! Alot of good things are materializing at the right time with this team. If we can build (offensively) off of this win, we may be looking at a very impressive strech into the playoffs!!

Agree 100% with everything you said. :yellowthumb:
We have a very exciting 5 weeks ahead of us that will tell us all we need to know.:cope:

Dean Denton
10-20-2008, 12:52 PM
I wouldn't say we are the best team yet, but I would say that we can play and beat any team in the league. This team is good enough to be called the best, and we will find out over the next 4 games how good we are. If we stay healthy, then we have a great shot at winning our 6th ring, no doubt. Tenn is a solid team, and is playing great football right now. You dont need to have a HOF QB to win a superbowl in this league. There have been lots of 2nd tier QB to hold that trophy. Tenn wins up front, and thats what you need. Give any QB in the league time, and they can win, and thats what Collins is getting right now.

Troyisabeast_43
10-20-2008, 04:35 PM
I wouldn't say we are the best team yet, but I would say that we can play and beat any team in the league. This team is good enough to be called the best, and we will find out over the next 4 games how good we are. If we stay healthy, then we have a great shot at winning our 6th ring, no doubt. Tenn is a solid team, and is playing great football right now. You dont need to have a HOF QB to win a superbowl in this league. There have been lots of 2nd tier QB to hold that trophy. Tenn wins up front, and thats what you need. Give any QB in the league time, and they can win, and thats what Collins is getting right now.

Tenn is playing very good right now no doubt about it but they much like the Steelers have yet to be tested by a very very good team. Now I know a lot of teams have not had franchise QB's and won Super Bowls that point has been proven but when you stop and look at it over the last 20 years or so there hasnt been that many. The only 2 that have not been franchise QB's that have won the Super Bowl in the last 17 years are Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer and both of those teams won because their defenses were insanely good. Tennessee's D is good dont get me wrong but they are no where near as good as the Ravens of 2000 or even the Bucs of 2002. At some point this season Chris Johnson and the Titans run game will get shut down against a pretty good team, and Kerry Collins will have to throw the football to win the game for the Titans. Maybe he will be able to do it and maybe he wont.

The point I want to make is if the Steelers play a team like the Titans in the playoffs especially if it's at Heinz Field make no mistake about it Kerry Collins will have to throw the football to beat this Steelers defense. With that being said I love the Steelers chances against the Titans. The same can be said for a team like the Buffalo Bills who are inexperienced at the QB position with Trent Edwards. Both of these teams have very good defenses, but you have to ask yourself will you really be afraid of facing Kerry Collins and Trent Edwards in the playoffs over guys like Peyton Manning and Tom Brady?? I think we all know the answer to that question...

Dean Denton
10-20-2008, 04:55 PM
Right now the Bills and Titans are good games for us, and will be hard home or away. Still, i like our chances better in either game. But I would not be shocked if we lost. Those are good teams.

Troyisabeast_43
10-20-2008, 05:34 PM
Right now the Bills and Titans are good games for us, and will be hard home or away. Still, i like our chances better in either game. But I would not be shocked if we lost. Those are good teams.

I wont be shocked if we lost to them either. Im definitely not going to sit here and say both of those games will be gimmie games because they sure as hell wont be at all. However, both of those teams I will continue to stress do not have better QB's then Ben Roethlisberger, and do not have the playoff experience that a lot of the players on this Steelers team on both the offense and the defense do. The Steelers defense is just as good and probably better then both the Titans and Bills and if all things are equal it's a wash. That then only leaves the QB position as deciding factor as to which team has the advantage over the other one. And as I have just stated Ben Roethlisberger most definitely has the advantage over Trent Edwards and Kerry Collins in the end...

Dean Denton
10-20-2008, 05:47 PM
I wont be shocked if we lost to them either. Im definitely not going to sit here and say both of those games will be gimmie games because they sure as hell wont be at all. However, both of those teams I will continue to stress do not have better QB's then Ben Roethlisberger, and do not have the playoff experience that a lot of the players on this Steelers team on both the offense and the defense do. The Steelers defense is just as good and probably better then both the Titans and Bills and if all things are equal it's a wash. That then only leaves the QB position as deciding factor as to which team has the advantage over the other one. And as I have just stated Ben Roethlisberger most definitely has the advantage over Trent Edwards and Kerry Collins in the end...
I wish it was as easy as just having a better QB. We have the BEST QB in football, but that doesn't mean we will win every year. Collins has played in the big show before, and had the misfortune of playing one of the best Def in the last 25 years. Still, when the game is on the line, I like Bionic Ben, with his Jedi like abilities. He is showing that even with an average OL he can still win games. Tell me one QB in the league that could do it better behind our OL. Maybe Cutler, thats it.

Troyisabeast_43
10-20-2008, 05:52 PM
I wish it was as easy as just having a better QB. We have the BEST QB in football, but that doesn't mean we will win every year. Collins has played in the big show before, and had the misfortune of playing one of the best Def in the last 25 years. Still, when the game is on the line, I like Bionic Ben, with his Jedi like abilities. He is showing that even with an average OL he can still win games. Tell me one QB in the league that could do it better behind our OL. Maybe Cutler, thats it.

I agree with you and your point is very legit with the QB it's just my humble opinion though. Speaking of Jay Cutler let's not completely forget about and right off the Denver Broncos just yet either...

Dean Denton
10-20-2008, 06:10 PM
I agree with you and your point is very legit with the QB it's just my humble opinion though. Speaking of Jay Cutler let's not completely forget about and right off the Denver Broncos just yet either... I know, I agree. Cutler is good, and I hate saying that because it makes me throw up in my mouth, but he is. He can move out of that pocket and make big plays. He's hard to sack because his *** is on the move. They have a great coach, and Denver is a tough place to play. Still, there Def is bad right now, but it can be fixed. The Colts did it a couple years ago and won the Superbowl. If they come to our house we should win. I think in the AFC we have the best Home field advantage. We are more seasoned, more leaders than the other teams. Plus, we got the sexiest fans in all of sports...Well, next to the WWE...lol If ya smell what The Denton is cookin...