PDA

View Full Version : This Clown says Hines Ward is a Dirty Player

MichaelAngelo
10-19-2008, 07:47 PM
He posted a youtube

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/23hFKCzD5n0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/23hFKCzD5n0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

plus he wrote a BS article about it. Has anyone heard about this guy?

http://blacksportsonline.com/index/2008/10/rlhinesdirty.html

jpele
10-19-2008, 07:52 PM
Sounds like Robert Littal may really be Keith Rivers mommy.

DanRooney
10-19-2008, 08:18 PM
He posted a youtube

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/23hFKCzD5n0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/23hFKCzD5n0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

plus he wrote a BS article about it. Has anyone heard about this guy?

http://blacksportsonline.com/index/2008/10/rlhinesdirty.html

I'll actually agree with this guy and say he is a dirty player...at least while in this new pansy league Commissioner Goodell is trying to install :lol:

HUNT4SEVEN
10-19-2008, 08:30 PM
:cope:Hines is an Beast do u hear me? an absolute beast, If it's an clean hit then it's all good:clap::yellowthumb::helmet:

Stairwayto7
10-19-2008, 08:48 PM
Everyone has thier opinion, but that hit today was legal, and the defender had a beat on our player. OUTSTANDING PLAY

BlitzburghRockCity
10-19-2008, 08:55 PM
Completely legal hit, the fact that Rivers couldn't take it is another story..LOL. That joker is a whiny know it all who needs to shut his mouth and wake up.

I just replied to his article.

SteelfordWexler
10-19-2008, 09:15 PM
Rivers was definitely going to make the tackle if Ward doesn't block him. Although I do see why some people call Ward dirty - they believe that the player was defenseless. But how do you make that call? That is why it is illegal to block in the back - players have to have the opportunity to see you coming and protect themselves. This was clearly in front of the shoulder, although Rivers had his head turned.

When the ball is thrown to a receiver and he misses it - DBs are not allowed to hit a "defenseless" receiver when otherwise the hit would be deemed legal. It is the DBs responsibility to let up. I could see the league considering rules about blocks like this, but it would be very difficult to know what to do as a player. Personally I don't think you can make football completely safe and trying to do it with more rules will ruin the game. As it stands now, these blocks are within the rules and it makes an impact on our running game - it has for years.

igor0190
10-19-2008, 09:35 PM
That block was absolutely beautiful. That is what football is all about! You see those on special teams all the time.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-19-2008, 09:36 PM
The fans that call Hines Ward dirty are the ones who's team he regularly lays bit hits on mostly. If you ask any NFL player if Hines is a dirty cheap shot artist you'll get 99% of them telling you "No" he's just a hard hitting intense player who can dish it out and take it at the same time. The other 1 % are usually clown, bungal, or ratbird players who have to be helped off the field after he lays them out!

SteelerNC
10-19-2008, 09:49 PM
If he gets fined for that hit, that would be a crock o shitake.

BlitzburghNation
10-19-2008, 10:03 PM
The fans that call Hines Ward dirty are the ones who's team he regularly lays bit hits on mostly. If you ask any NFL player if Hines is a dirty cheap shot artist you'll get 99% of them telling you "No" he's just a hard hitting intense player who can dish it out and take it at the same time. The other 1 % are usually clown, bungal, or ratbird players who have to be helped off the field after he lays them out!

EXACTLY,,,,,,,Love your 1% comment :haha: :yellowthumb: :hilarious: :clap:

Stlrs4Life
10-19-2008, 10:03 PM
Clearly led with his shoulder.

PsychoWard
10-19-2008, 10:06 PM
Funny how this was his first post maybe he wrote the article???:dunno:

Bombhunter
10-19-2008, 10:16 PM
Fixed the video, without the stupid, cheap shot remark...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPbraVljIrc

edit: I just saw ICS's earlier thread...Mods, feel free to move or delete, as necessary!!! :cope:

TEEMONT
10-19-2008, 10:18 PM
lol...blacksportsonline?

thats it...I'm making a site called white sports online....

STEEL CITY TANK
10-19-2008, 10:39 PM
lol...blacksportsonline?

thats it...I'm making a site called white sports online....

lol beyond pointless, Hines is a WR guru at blocking. He'll be getting a nice letter from Roger.

steelerfan11
10-19-2008, 10:44 PM
lol beyond pointless, Hines is a WR guru at blocking. He'll be getting a nice letter from Roger.

If Hines gets a letter from Goodell then the punk that cheap shot him in the endzone better get one. At least Hines block didn't get a flag.

Iron City South
10-19-2008, 10:53 PM
:wtf:

So I post a vid of Ward laying Rivers out and it gets moved to the graveyard, but this thread gets to live on the main board?

What, did I not give a big enough donation to SA?

Steelerlyn
10-19-2008, 11:27 PM

So I post a vid of Ward laying Rivers out and it gets moved to the graveyard, but this thread gets to live on the main board?

LOL I feel your pain LOL

BlitzburghRockCity
10-19-2008, 11:40 PM

It's not in the grave yard, the pix and flix is the place for vids so we can keep track of them easier and there's a lot of great stuff in there. Plus it helps keep that forum active too. I was hoping somebody would post up that vid and then you both did so thank you.

The reason we didn't merge them was because yours was the vid so we put that in the pix and flix and this one was just a reference to the vid due to the article that was found talking about Hines. ;)

OMG go read all the replies that guy got after that comment he made :lol:

TEEMONT
10-20-2008, 12:11 AM
LOL I feel your pain LOL

sniffle....u make worthless threads....

LarryNJ
10-20-2008, 12:39 AM
The dude probably wrote the article just to get a bunch of hits to his sorry site. He knew that they Steeler Nation would be replying by the hundreds. The most his he has had ever!

memphissteelergirl
10-20-2008, 10:24 AM
The block was clean and legal. What an idiot!

igor0190
10-20-2008, 07:21 PM
Here is another angle...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCsDdIWvx3o

ENOUGH SAID!

DIESELMAN
10-20-2008, 10:55 PM
There were some Bengal coaches who were heard to be yelling “Ask 86 (Ward) if he’s happy now!” at the end of the game. And to be sure Hines was a marked man, as he always is, for the rest of the game. Frostee Rucker took a run at Hines a few plays later when Ward caught a pass and was fighting for extra yardage. Rucker came at Ward like a freight train, Ward ducked just in time. Rucker whiffed and landed in his own pile of shiat all by himself.. But there was no mistaking the intent. It will be interesting to see what the Commish decides to do with this one :whatever:

ejsteeler
10-21-2008, 10:38 AM
Link to story. (http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08295/921512-87.stm)

Tuesday, October 21, 2008
By Ron Cook, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
So the Cincinnati Bengals want a piece of Steelers wide receiver Hines Ward when the teams play again Nov. 20?

Please.

They had better get in line.

It is a very long line.

Baltimore Ravens safety Rod Woodson threatened to get even with Ward after his nose was bloodied by a Ward block in 2001. Ravens linebacker Bart Scott threatened to kill Ward after he was flattened by a Ward hit in '07. Cleveland Browns cornerback Daven Holly called the Ward block that left him with a concussion last season "a heinous act." Ravens cornerback Chris McAllister used a vulgar term to describe Ward in '04 for no other reason than, well, Ward is Ward.

Now, along come the Bengals after Ward's hard-but-clean block knocked rookie linebacker Keith Rivers out for the season with a broken jaw Sunday.

"Too bad he can't hit someone face up," Bengals safety Chinedum Ndukwe said. "It's the type of guy he is. He's a blind-side guy. That's all right. We play them again."

That didn't bother Ward in the slightest. "They all hate me in the division," he said yesterday. "I don't worry about someone trying to take me out. I don't even think about it. I know they're going to try to hit me hard any chance they get. That's why I always try to hit them hard first."

But this bothered Ward greatly: "I hate that they're saying I'm a dirty player when I didn't do anything wrong. How can it be a dirty play when I don't get penalized? How can it be a dirty play when all I'm doing is playing football and trying to help my teammate get extra yards?"

Those are good questions.

There are a lot of ways to describe Ward. I like Steelers coach Mike Tomlin's version: "Hines plays the game the way it's supposed to be played. ... He's a football player first and a wide receiver second." Ward prefers former Ravens coach Brian Billick's description: " 'I hate the S.O.B., but I'd love to have him on my team.' "

But Ward a dirty player?

Sorry, I just don't see it.

Of all of Ward's many vicious blocks, the only one I can remember coming late and drawing a penalty was his hit on the Browns' Holly last season. Just about everything he does -- though unusually violent for a receiver -- is within the rules.

Of course, that didn't stop the NFL from fining Ward for "unnecessary roughness" on plays that weren't penalized in games against Jacksonville and Baltimore earlier this season. He doesn't think he'll be fined for the hit on Rivers, but who knows? If the league does fine him, it will stink of hypocrisy. That block is the type of brutal hit that makes the NFL game so popular. Rivers was sent flying; his feet must have been 10 feet off the turf. It's the type of play the league surely will market and sell on its 2008 Greatest Hits video.

"It was shoulder to shoulder," Ward said. "If I was a dirty player, I would have gone low on him. I easily could have taken out his leg. But my intentions weren't to hurt him. I just wanted to block him. I can't help that he broke his jaw when he hit the ground. I feel sorry that it was broken, but I don't feel sorry for what I did.

"No one ever sent me an apology note when I was hurt. Two years ago against Cleveland, Sean Jones hurt my knee with what I thought was a bad hit. Last year, [San Francisco's] Patrick Willis hit me directly on my knee. No one felt sorry for me ...

"I'm a 200-pound wide receiver. [Rivers] is a first-round linebacker out of USC. If I were him, I wouldn't want people talking about me being blocked like that. I'd be embarrassed about it."

Lost in the controversy surrounding Ward's big hit and fines is the fact he's having another superb season. He caught his fifth touchdown pass in the 38-10 victory against the Bengals, taking a cheap hit from safety Dexter Jackson long after he scored. Ward bounced up and grinned in Jackson's face as the officials called Jackson for a personal foul. "I knew that hit was coming," Ward said, shrugging.

Ward didn't take it personally.

"I hardly ever allow it to become personal," he said. "I can only think of one or two times in my career when I lost my cool and allowed it to be personal. I caught a touchdown pass in Seattle and spiked the ball in front of [Ken] Lucas. He had been grabbing me and talking all game. That was personal. After I hit [Earl] Little in Cleveland [in 2001], I stood over him because he called me a 'Chinaman ' a few plays earlier. I said to him, 'How do you like that from a Chinaman [bleep]?' I know I shouldn't have done it and I deserved that fine.

"But these fines this year? I didn't do anything wrong. I just played football."

And if the opponents disagree?

"If I'm in their head and they're worried about me, I figure I've won already," Ward said.

In the game against the Ravens last season when Ward drilled Scott, he also sent All-Pro safety Ed Reed flying with a block. "The next few plays, all he cared about was getting back at me," Ward said. "He didn't care about his responsibilities. That's not helping his team. That's helping my team."

I'm thinking Ward will be ready for the Giants' best shots Sunday and the Washington Redskins' the next week and the Bengals', Ravens' and Browns' down the road.

Certainly, they had better be ready for his best.

"I'm not going to allow this silly [stuff] to change the way I play," Ward said.

Nor should he.

Tomlin's point is worth repeating one more time:

[b]Hines plays the game the way it's supposed to be played ...

Hines will get into their minds with this stuff. I hope they talk about it all year. :cope:

MPYOUNG33
10-21-2008, 03:39 PM
I posted a reply on this idiots site and he has not yet posted it. These teams should know by now to look out for Hines Ward on plays like that. If they don't like it they should teach their players to keep their head on a swivel. I learned that in pee wee football.

tenToesUp
10-21-2008, 04:09 PM
Just my two cents, but, if you watch the clip in full speed you'll see that the guy Hines hit was making some big mistakes:

Not looking around.

Stutter stepping to set up the hit

Hines on the other hand was doing everything right:

He hit the guy who was the biggest threat to the runner.

He hit the guy with his shoulder in perfect form (dare I say a la Ray Lewis)

There was a more questionable hit on the play. The guy who made the tackle came in pretty low, but not dirty by any means. That was two of the hardest hits I have ever seen in one play.

I hope the Giants are ready for some physical football, there gonna get it.

tenToesUp

MOTORKRAFT
10-21-2008, 05:04 PM
:banana:No fine for Hines

Phenomenal TJ
10-21-2008, 10:28 PM
After playing Linebacker for years, in different levels of football, one lesson remains clear. No, it's not, step up for the run first. It's "Keep your head on a swivel" if you're doing your job, and tracking down the ball, someone's going to be looking to hit you. You can't make plays from your ***, so you better be watching your back.