PDA

View Full Version : No love for Nate?

jpele
10-19-2008, 07:37 PM
Other than Willie Colon , no other player on our team has been more scrutinized and berated . This season Washington has quietly become a sure handed deep threat , yea I know about the dumb penalty but this is a guy thats been on the bubble the past few years.

His first two games were the same old Nate,But it seems something has clicked and his hands are working. 15 catches for 225 yards 2 TD's and in the past two games he has TD catches og 50 and 48 yards.

I'm just:tt02: happy for the guy.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-19-2008, 07:43 PM
We could do alot worse then Nate Washington....I say he hasn't done to bad for a player from Tiffin.....I have always liked Nate and has exceeded all of my expectations.....

Koopa
10-19-2008, 08:41 PM
i don't know what to think about him, it's a contract year, so this could be a one time thing........

Stairwayto7
10-19-2008, 08:47 PM
He has been proving himself so far

HUNT4SEVEN
10-19-2008, 08:49 PM
Nate needs to be more reliable, he's doing good now because this is an contract year, but he has to do this week in an week out period:yellowthumb: before i jump on his bandwagon.:tt02::cope::helmet:

TEEMONT
10-19-2008, 08:52 PM
not on this board...if you dont have at least a 3rd round pedigree...people give you no love here.....just ask anyone about how much better Rashard Mendenall is than Willie...

Zachintosh66
10-19-2008, 08:56 PM
"twinkle-fingers" is looking like Nate "the great" now... but don't wanna give him the new tag just yet. IE: i was just getting ready to pull the "bum" tag from Troy today then BAM hes hurt... what a bum :)

--- Added 10/19/2008 at 06:56 PM ---

I wanna se how big the bandwagon gets for Sweed after his BIG ONE CATCH performance!

BlitzburghRockCity
10-19-2008, 08:57 PM
Nate needs to be more reliable, he's doing good now because this is an contract year, but he has to do this week in an week out period:yellowthumb: before i jump on his bandwagon.:tt02::cope::helmet:

I agree, his MO all his career has been inconsistency. Until that changes then he'll still be just another 3rd WR who makes some big plays. I've always liked Nate and I pull for him to do well. he's had 2 big TD's in the last 2 games but it's not half way through the season yet so we'll have to wait and see.

not on this board...if you dont have at least a 3rd round pedigree...people give you no love here.....just ask anyone about how much better Rashard Mendenall is than Willie...

:lol: :doh1:

Silverback 92
10-19-2008, 10:51 PM
Nates been So far so good

Iron City South
10-19-2008, 10:55 PM
Players from Tiffin belong in NFL Europe ....

N'uff said.

OC Steel Curtain
10-19-2008, 11:06 PM
Nates proving himself more and more.. i would take him any day over the andre hastings, ernie mills, and charles johnsons.. and i loved those guys.. he just keeps improving week by week.. he has less drops more comps and td's now.. ill take that all day.. and 1 stupid penalty wont bother me.. i'd rather have that 1 penalty then my receiver constantly getting arrested.. or hearing a receiver get 23 chances at the ball in a game and still bitch.. Nates evolved sooo much and the steelers have been waiting for him to earn a contract extension and looks like hes doin the damn thang

Prosdo
10-19-2008, 11:28 PM
I agree with the others who talked about Nate's inconsistency. Its why he has been on the bubble. He has the talent he just needs to be consistent.

TEEMONT
10-20-2008, 12:12 AM
Players from Tiffin belong in NFL Europe ....

N'uff said.

Just like back-up RB's from UNC right?

Iron City South
10-20-2008, 12:30 AM
Just like back-up RB's from UNC right?

Exactly! ... Parker is a luxury on this team at this point, not a necessity. Mewelde Moore is better than Parker as I've said since the day we picked him up. Moore does most things better than Parker ..... This is not a knock on Parker because I think we could get a good amount for him in trade, I'm just say'in .... it is what it is.

TEEMONT
10-20-2008, 12:33 AM
Exactly! ... Parker is a luxury on this team at this point, not a necessity. Mewelde Moore is better than Parker as I've said since the day we picked him up. Moore does most things better than Parker ..... This is not a knock on Parker because I think we could get a good amount for him in trade, I'm just say'in .... it is what it is.

lol....I'm surprised you couldnt feel the sarcasm oozing from my post

You just want to get rid of Willie. Moore is what he is, a good change of pace. I still think the Mendenhall pick was a wasted pick. I like how he plays, but its obvious he cant take the big hit.

Willie, unlike Nate has proved he more than belongs.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-20-2008, 11:21 AM
Parker is not even close to a luxury at this point, he's a necessity the same as he always was. With Mendenhall out now you really want to just have nobody but Moore there and an unproven Russel as our running attack? I sure don't! I love Moore, the dude is awesome and worth every penny we paid for him and then some. I like the prospect of Russel and he's got a big upside. He had a good camp and Im glad they brought him back after the injuries started by Parker is still the starter on this team and lest you forget he was having a pretty good year till he got hurt. We're ok for now on the RB front but we're going to need Willie as the year goes on to have fresh legs in December from as many backs as possible.

If anything Davenport is a luxury right now.