PDA

View Full Version : Blowout score but this team made it hard on themselves for awhile

BlitzburghRockCity
10-19-2008, 03:59 PM
1st Q...Ben is playing well, offense moving the ball, we go up 10-0. Bengals can do nothing and have 0 total yards
2nd Q..Offense goes into stupid mode, Ben can't do anything, WR's dropping balls, defense is still playing tough but then joins the offense in taking the rest of the half off and allows them to get going and make it 10-7 at the half.
3rd Q..Defense still can't stop the Bengals, Fitzpatrick looks like a starter but atleast the offense starts to move the ball again yet still inconsistent.
4th Q..Finally they get back to doing what they should have done for the whole game. Defense shuts down the Bengals and Ben & Moore get the group rolling again and pour it on.

All in all it made me nervous because the Bengals were desperate and because you know how we play down to our competition and our record after a bye is not good but it's a win and we're still up in the division. I still think this team got cocky after the 1st quarter and went into cruise control and almost blew it but they regained their composure and that's a good sign.

Im happy and the score reflects a blowout but it was close till the 4th quarter.

Bombhunter
10-19-2008, 04:06 PM
I agree, I was starting to get real aggravated for a bit, but the blowout in the end was a nice change

DBR96A
10-19-2008, 04:12 PM
Rust + Arians = no blowout until the fourth quarter.

LarryNJ
10-19-2008, 04:15 PM
It was a worry for a while, the last drive of the 1st half. With all the upsets this year I was worried, but they pulled it all together which is a good sign.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-19-2008, 04:16 PM
I'm usually the one that if very hard to please....But really there isn't no reason to complain...Yes the first half the Steelers let the Bengals hang in there....But with the way the offense was moving the ball there was no reason to worry....I knew they would regroup at half time....I was happy with the playing calling......The Bengals really only had one drive all game.....

38-10 blow out and the Steelers didn't even play their best ball today...What is scary this team can play better.....

DBR96A
10-19-2008, 04:20 PM
I'm usually the one that if very hard to please....But really there isn't no reason to complain...Yes the first half the Steelers let the Bengals hang in there....But with the way the offense was moving the ball there was no reason to worry....I knew they would regroup at half time....I was happy with the playing calling......The Bengals really only had one drive all game.....

38-10 blow out and the Steelers didn't even play their best ball today...What is scary this team can play better.....

They'll need to play better if they expect to beat the Giants next week. The Giants can be had, but they're still a solid football team in every phase of the game.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-19-2008, 04:23 PM
They'll need to play better if they expect to beat the Giants next week. The Giants can be had, but they're still a solid football team in every phase of the game.

I agree the Steelers can play better then what they did today....But they still won in a blow out with out playing their A-Game....

Here is one point.....I don't want to make an excuse....But I'm sure the Steelers will more focus on the task at hand next week...The Giants are defending Super Bowls champs and not the Bungles led by Ryan Fitzpatrick.....

BlitzburghRockCity
10-19-2008, 04:45 PM
This team got way too content in the 2nd and 3rd quarter and basically decided to just not show up for the most part but they responded and really showed their dominance against this team. I wanted to see them really put this one away early on and not let the Bengals get any crazy thoughts of getting their first win but in the end we got the W so that's what matters.

I fully expect this team to be ready next week for a huge game against the Giants who btw lost last week and the game this week was in doubt till the 4th quarter against the 49ers.

steelerschick1220
10-19-2008, 06:11 PM
They had me worried there for awhile. I didn't get to see the game, but I kept checking the score, hoping that we had done something. Then, it was like every time I flipped the channel to get the score, we had scored. It wasn't our best game and we will need to play a bunch better if we want to beat the Giants next week, but it is a win and 5-1 sounds pretty nice right now.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-19-2008, 06:16 PM
But if you watched the game you knew it was the Steelers just beating themselves on offense early on....I wasn't worried one bit....I liked what I seen from the offense even when the drives were stalling....I knew they would be fine in the second half....

jpele
10-19-2008, 06:48 PM
Hopefully our O'line will play as good next week , they kept Ben clean today.

steelerschick1220
10-19-2008, 09:48 PM
I was pleased to see that we had no sacks today. However, it was against the Bengals and I would be more impressed if we do that next week when we face the Giants.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-19-2008, 10:22 PM
But if you watched the game you knew it was the Steelers just beating themselves on offense early on....I wasn't worried one bit....I liked what I seen from the offense even when the drives were stalling....I knew they would be fine in the second half....

That's what worried me some, knowing we should have had the game well in hand and letting them hang around while we continue to beat ourself and let them get alittle momentum has killed us many times in the past. I was hoping they'd respond in the 2nd half and figured they would if it wasn't too late but damn this team can just drive you nuts can't they..LOL

Black@Gold Forever32
10-19-2008, 11:08 PM
That's what worried me some, knowing we should have had the game well in hand and letting them hang around while we continue to beat ourself and let them get alittle momentum has killed us many times in the past. I was hoping they'd respond in the 2nd half and figured they would if it wasn't too late but damn this team can just drive you nuts can't they..LOL

But we had life on offense even when we stalling......There have been times when we had on life or spark on offense and let teams hang around...That is when I'm worried....Plus we were playing The Bungles without Carson Palmer....I never was upset once today and didn't even cuss at the tv....lol I knew the game would be ours in a blow out...lol