PDA

View Full Version : Moore is a 1 man wrecking crew!

BlitzburghRockCity
10-19-2008, 04:51 PM
You just gotta love this kid, what a great pickup he was for us. He does it all, 3rd down, between the tackles, outside, catches the ball, you name it. Where would we be without him right now with the injury to Willie and to Carey Davis. He's just got such good vision and really torched the Bengals every time he touched the ball.

LarryNJ
10-19-2008, 05:20 PM
Your right, it's nice to have replacements step up when they get the chance. A big plus sign for Tomlin!

BlitzburghRockCity
10-19-2008, 05:31 PM
The more you look at Moore..LOL..you can just see this kid really knows what he's doing and is a reliable as they come. Im totally comfortable with him being the main guy along side Willie and having them both split time.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-19-2008, 05:33 PM
You just gotta love this kid, what a great pickup he was for us. He does it all, 3rd down, between the tackles, outside, catches the ball, you name it. Where would we be without him right now with the injury to Willie and to Carey Davis. He's just got such good vision and really torched the Bengals every time he touched the ball.

I think he is a perfect fit for our offense.....He has all around skills which adds so much to the offense....He can run the ball and is a safety valve for Ben in the passing game.......

AZ_Steeler
10-19-2008, 06:39 PM
I've said it all week and I still am standing by it... Moore has looked far better his last two starts than FWP has looked all season. No sense in going back to FWP until Moore is no longer performing. This kid never stops running, he makes people miss and his ypc far exceeds FWP's. :bigthumb:

Gettysburgh_Steel
10-19-2008, 07:13 PM
I would not go that far,but i would love to shake the mans hand that pursued him.:tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02:

steelcityrockers
10-19-2008, 07:23 PM
I just hope that when Parker returns they don't forget about MeMo.

HUNT4SEVEN
10-19-2008, 08:33 PM
Mewelde has to be the the starting running back the rest of the year:yellowthumb:, he makes us an complete balanced team period:greenbounce2:trade Willie now:imho::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02:.

Stairwayto7
10-19-2008, 09:12 PM
We need to give our O-line some love also, they can run block for any back.

Silverback 92
10-19-2008, 10:39 PM
moore has done a awesome job so far

Prosdo
10-19-2008, 11:31 PM
We are very lucky to have a 3rd string running back that can fill in so well.

$teelersRule
10-20-2008, 12:10 AM
i love this dude

Iron City South
10-20-2008, 12:31 AM
Moore is a better all-around back than Parker is ....

Stapleton is a better Guard than Simmons is ....

Hoke is a better NT than Fat Casey is ...

Those are the facts ...

TEEMONT
10-20-2008, 12:40 AM

Those are the facts ...

A fact is something that can be proved....none of those can be proved.

I do agree, Stapleton is a better guard than Simmons, the line is much more solid with him in there.

I almost want to say Starts is a better LT than Smith, but he needs to face a good pass rush first before I'll say that.

Moore is a good back, I love what he brings to this team, but Willie is still going to be the feature back when he gets back. I do think Willie would be more dangerous when he is not put in the position of having to be the guy who is getting 20+ carries. however, Tomlin is hell-bent on killing him.

Hoke is not better than Casey, at doing what Casey does. Casey has always been an athletic Pat Williams. He plugs up the middle...and gets some pursuit every now and then

Hoke has a non stop motor, and I love the mormon meanness....lol

Black@Gold Forever32
10-20-2008, 01:03 AM
A fact is something that can be proved....none of those can be proved.

I do agree, Stapleton is a better guard than Simmons, the line is much more solid with him in there.

I almost want to say Starts is a better LT than Smith, but he needs to face a good pass rush first before I'll say that.

Moore is a good back, I love what he brings to this team, but Willie is still going to be the feature back when he gets back. I do think Willie would be more dangerous when he is not put in the position of having to be the guy who is getting 20+ carries. however, Tomlin is hell-bent on killing him.

Hoke is not better than Casey, at doing what Casey does. Casey has always been an athletic Pat Williams. He plugs up the middle...and gets some pursuit every now and then

Hoke has a non stop motor, and I love the mormon meanness....lol

Stapleton is playing some solid football right now....I agree he is better then Kendall Simmons...But that is not saying much since I consider Simmons to be a big pile of poo.....But I'm encouraged by The Stapler and hope he continues to play solid football....

I agree about Max Starks and I want to see him against better pass rushers to....But Marvel Smith can't seem to stay healthy anymore so Starks might have a few more Starts at LT during the season....I don't think its that much of a drop off from Starks to Smith really....I think Smith's best football might be behind him....

Parker should remain the featured back but Moore needs to be envolved in the game plan and needs to get his fair share of touches....Tomlin needs to stop running Willie until his wheels fall off....

Hoke and Casey are two different types of NTs....But both get the job done when they're in there......The Steelers are lucky to have two quality NTs.....I can't say which one is better since the defense really doesn't suffer when Hampton is in there or Hoke....

Blitzburghpete
10-20-2008, 08:46 AM

Those are the facts ...

I have to say i totally agree with that.

SteelerSteve
10-21-2008, 06:05 PM
Hoke has a non stop motor, and I love the mormon meanness....lol :rofl:

Dean Denton
10-21-2008, 06:38 PM
I agree that Moore has done a great job, but I'm not ready to replace FWP just yet. Moore has done what is expected of a back up, and that come in and play to a level so the Offense doesn't miss a beat. He has done thisd and we are lucky to have a solid back up. However dont go blowing him just yet. Its been 2 games, and that does not stack up to the body of work put out by Willie.
Also I read in my Steeler digest that the Steelers wanted to draft Moore but he was already gone.

memphissteelergirl
10-22-2008, 01:02 PM
I think once Willie gets healthy he and Moore would make a great 2-man backfield.

JMHO...:greengrin:

SteelerNC
10-22-2008, 01:07 PM
MOORE + PARKER = SUPER BOWL

SteelfordWexler
10-22-2008, 05:59 PM
I think losing FWP and Mendy was a huge blessing in disguise. Our playcalling has gotten so much better - we seem balanced and we are able to use the short passing game to improve pass protection. Once we did that - there was more room in the running game. Memo does look very good. He shows great vision and illusiveness. I'm very impressed - but wouldn't be ready to give up Parkers explosiveness just yet.

Ben has the confidence to pass the ball to Memo - we rarely saw this from him in the past. FWP caught 54 balls in his last 34 starts (1.5/Game) - most of them probably screen plays. Memo has 11 in two starts- many of those are check down passes or hot reads. This is a big change to our offense - Our pass protection looks better, we move the chains - take fewer sacks and it opens up the run.

Dean Denton
10-22-2008, 06:43 PM
I think losing FWP and Mendy was a huge blessing in disguise. Our playcalling has gotten so much better - we seem balanced and we are able to use the short passing game to improve pass protection. Once we did that - there was more room in the running game. Memo does look very good. He shows great vision and illusiveness. I'm very impressed - but wouldn't be ready to give up Parkers explosiveness just yet.

Ben has the confidence to pass the ball to Memo - we rarely saw this from him in the past. FWP caught 54 balls in his last 34 starts (1.5/Game) - most of them probably screen plays. Memo has 11 in two starts- many of those are check down passes or hot reads. This is a big change to our offense - Our pass protection looks better, we move the chains - take fewer sacks and it opens up the run.Jesus man, I really cant argue with that at all. For once I'm at a loss for words...