PDA

View Full Version : Polamalu criticizes current state of NFL

BlacknGold Bleeder
10-16-2008, 08:48 PM
Thursday, October 16, 2008
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Troy Polamalu looks at the recent fines to Hines Ward for unnecessary roughness, the penalties to players who hit quarterbacks and wonders what those running the NFL are turning the sport into.

They're taking the physical nature of the game out of the game, Polamalu said.

"It loses so much of its essence, and it really becomes like a pansy game," the Steelers' Pro Bowl strong safety said.

"I think regarding the evolution of football, it's becoming more and more flag football, two-hand touch. We've really lost the essence of what real American football is about. I think it's probably all about money. They're not really concerned about safety."

Polamalu said it's tough to know when you can even hit a quarterback anymore.

"You have to figure out how to tackle people a new way," he said. "There's such a fine line. I guess, hitting quarterbacks late and whether they're going to slide or come forward -- it's too much.

"If you look at any sport, maybe besides mixed martial arts, it's a real gladiator sport. We go out there at a high speed, killing each other."

Players from previous generations would not make it today, Polamalu said, not because of talent but because they were too physical.

"You see guys like Dick Butkus and those types of really raw, old-school, pound-it-out football players; they could never survive in a game like this today.

"The Ronnie Lotts, the Jack Tatums -- these guys who really went after people. They were that way because the game was physical. They couldn't survive in this type of game. They wouldn't have enough money because they'd be paying fines, and then they'd be suspended for a year after they did it two games in a row."
Roughness, shmuffness!

Ward said he will not change his style of play despite the $15,000 in fines he has received for "unnecessary roughness" in the past two games.

Coach Mike Tomlin told him "to keep doing what you're doing."

"I'm not hurting the team with penalties. I'm just going out there and playing aggressively. I'm just waiting to get a clarification on what specific plays they called me on the unnecessary roughness."

Another receiver, Cincinnati's Chad Johnson, was astonished to learn that Ward had drawn such penalties the past two games.

"Unnecessary roughness? That doesn't make any sense. I am serious; that doesn't make any sense at all. Hines has always been probably the best darned blocker in the NFL. I don't understand where you get unnecessary roughness from. That is not even a rule."

Troy will probably ge fined for this,even though everything he said is true

dawgs
10-16-2008, 09:14 PM
:complain:

Ill help troy out.

1. When the ball leaves the QB's hand, DON'T HIT HIM!!! Hit people the way u would wanna be hit. avoid head and knee. Your welcome man.

2. Troy says he needs to figure out new ways of hitting people?? sooo..... His old way was taking heads off??? nice. Might not wanna do that.

3. troy, you talk about hard nosed hitters, crazy guys of the past and all that. what is there life span?? Or what is there health like now? pretty bad.

4. troy you are not hurting your team with penalties. But what happens with u late hit a guy and go helmet to helmet from his blindside? sure u did not do it on purpose, but your hard nosed style told u to hit him. Well the guy u hit is now hurt really bad? think about other people then yourself. Now if u hit him anywhere other then helmet and knee(for the QBs) He gets hurt still. thats NOT your problem then.

4. troy, threw out your stupid rant there, u did not once talk about health. please troy. please understand that you are not the one getting hit late, so u have no reason to talk. respect people, respect life, do understand football players are not god. they can be hurt and that could hurt there ability to support there familys. Not all make 20 million a season.

THERE ARE TO MANY head injuries now. UNDERSTAND TROY. players need other jobs when NFL is over. If they can't look into the sunlight, or they can't walk without a cane at age 37, theres a problem. roger goodell, keep up the good work.

BRICKTOWN BEAST
10-16-2008, 09:38 PM
wow chad johnson said that well if he respects ward then i respect him a little more but i was really pissed off when he disrespects the terrible towel

lloydfan4life
10-16-2008, 09:45 PM

Shove off, Troll!! :troll:

--- Added 10/16/2008 at 08:45 PM ---

wow chad johnson said that well if he respects ward then i respect him a little more but i was really pissed off when he disrespects the terrible towel

I think you're referring to TJ Whosyourmamma who disrespected the TT by wiping his cleats with it.

I agree with you though. I like what Ocho Dumbo had to say regarding Hines. I think most of the players will say the same thing about Hines. (except maybe a few of them that he's put on their rumps.) :yellowthumb:

I've said it before, IMO all of these fines are getting out of hand. I think the commish needs to be replaced before he ruins the game of football!

BRICKTOWN BEAST
10-16-2008, 09:51 PM
haha yeah i remember that i always hated douchmanzadah for that but i remember chad johnson swinging it before a home playoff game i think or after we lost or something mocking the towel lol or he just wanted to be a steeler

lloydfan4life
10-16-2008, 10:14 PM
haha yeah i remember that i always hated douchmanzadah for that but i remember chad johnson swinging it before a home playoff game i think or after we lost or something mocking the towel lol or he just wanted to be a steeler

:hilarious: doesn't everybody?? :cope:

LarryNJ
10-16-2008, 10:23 PM
Will we have a book on how much Troys fine will be for these comments?

Silverback 92
10-16-2008, 10:28 PM
time to start putting dresses on some of these guys

BlitzburghRockCity
10-16-2008, 10:31 PM

Ill help troy out.

1. When the ball leaves the QB's hand, DON'T HIT HIM!!! Hit people the way u would wanna be hit. avoid head and knee. Your welcome man.

2. Troy says he needs to figure out new ways of hitting people?? sooo..... His old way was taking heads off??? nice. Might not wanna do that.

3. troy, you talk about hard nosed hitters, crazy guys of the past and all that. what is there life span?? Or what is there health like now? pretty bad.

4. troy you are not hurting your team with penalties. But what happens with u late hit a guy and go helmet to helmet from his blindside? sure u did not do it on purpose, but your hard nosed style told u to hit him. Well the guy u hit is now hurt really bad? think about other people then yourself. Now if u hit him anywhere other then helmet and knee(for the QBs) He gets hurt still. thats NOT your problem then.

4. troy, threw out your stupid rant there, u did not once talk about health. please troy. please understand that you are not the one getting hit late, so u have no reason to talk. respect people, respect life, do understand football players are not god. they can be hurt and that could hurt there ability to support there familys. Not all make 20 million a season.

THERE ARE TO MANY head injuries now. UNDERSTAND TROY. players need other jobs when NFL is over. If they can't look into the sunlight, or they can't walk without a cane at age 37, theres a problem. roger goodell, keep up the good work.

What in the world kinda crack are you smoking..

1...Troy is not a dirty player and doesn't go after the QB after the ball is thrown any more than anyone else does. It's a fine line that the officials are calling way too much in recent years.

2. Troy takes peoples heads off with his crushing hits because that's what he's paid to do. If you guys had a secondary that could do the same you'd see that.

3. There is no way to play in the NFL except 100% full bore...you don't play half assed.

4. Troy does does not go after intentional helmet to helmet contact, he plays fair and tough like you want a safety to play.

Honestly man, Im a fair guy and I try not to always see a person's point of view on any subject on this board but that post you made was really just so pointless, off base, and completely without any merit or understanding of how Troy plays that you really should have stopped and thought about it alittle more before you made such statement.

igor0190
10-16-2008, 11:19 PM
Bottom line is the NFL made a mistake when they chose to accept tapes sent in from other teams pointing out these kind of infractions. Where does it end? If all the teams analyze the tapes each week and aim to get as many players on the other team fined, it would totally compromise the integrity of the league. Maybe it already is...

1. If refs see it on gameday, make it a penalty.
2. If refs do not see it on gameday, tough luck. No penalty, no fine.
3. The NFL then should establish rules for what can be fined...
Helmet to helmet... yes
Hands to helmet... no (player took the chance in the game of getting penalized already)

Maybe we should put inflatable airbags on everyones helmets?

TEEMONT
10-16-2008, 11:24 PM

Ill help troy out.

man...I love this answer so much...I am going to make it look like the piece of **** it is

It's football, just b/c in Ohio they play pussy ball, doesn't mean the rest of the country plays it that way. Besides, if you want to talk about hitting the QB late....look at the fat slob wearing number 92 for the orange and poop.

Thats his game....if people don't wanna get hit....dont play football, simple enough.

Their life span doesnt matter. They were paid to play a game, and now they are paid very well. They are paid to entertain me, and I want to see people get ****ed up. Your a bitch.

tell the guy troy just hit to take the tampn out of his bleeding *******....its football, if pussies dont wanna get hit...then pussies dont need to play. bitch

but all do make a lot more than I do a year....if they wanna make the cash then they shold realize there are potential hardships. its football.....

bitch

BlitzburghNation
10-17-2008, 12:47 AM
Who let the Dawg http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s202/smostle/smileys/****.gif in,,,,,,,,Guess those stain fans get bored with there so-called team http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s202/smostle/smileys/hashbrownssuck.gif Washington's gonna skin some dawgs this weekend and you should find Eli and thank him for your 3 gifts !!!!

Troy plays the game "old school" and how it was always meant to be played,,,,,,,Just like shannon sharpe said on sirius,"this is a violent game" If the commish wants to improve the game,I say get thugs like pac-man outta here and let these guys play FOOTBALL !!!!!!

DIESELMAN
10-17-2008, 01:05 AM
Everybody just needs to keep playing fast and hard, if a penalty is called so be it. If the players start holding back, thats where you will really see injuries start piling up.

AZ_Steeler
10-17-2008, 01:38 AM
This is all a bunch of crap and Troy does have a point. The Steelers have been flagged for who knows how many roughing the passer calls but I'm sure if we went back and looked at the tapes, the hits applied by the penalized Steeler player is probably no different than a handful of hits on Ben that were neither penalized or fined... ie Fat Boy Rogers from the Browns! He was clearly late in getting Ben and made it a point to drive him into the ground just as he did with Eli this past Monday night and not a damn thing has been done by the league.

What it boils down to is there are probably only a handful of players that are being looked at on a consistent basis and probably the hardest hitting defenses in the league, which puts the Steelers right there at the top! :bigthumb:

We'll have to start taking up an offering to help the players pay these fines to more or less say "Keep doing what you've been doing!" :helmet:

Koopa
10-17-2008, 02:25 AM
the best thing troy has ever said........... the nfl is getting gay, that was a bs roughing the passer call against harrison when he hit gerard.....wtf does the nfl expect these guys to do?? learn how to stop their momentum when they are going full force?? it's impossible to stop right when they ball is thrown......... and how come it's ok for that fat *** on the browns to hit players late? he did it to ben and then he did it to eli.... not sure if there was a flag against eli, but they didn't do shiat to him when he did it to ben......... this is why i only watch steelers games now, if they ain't on tv, football is not being watched in my house....... and thats gay now troy is gonna get fined for speaking the truth....... and espn is gonna play it every chance they get till he does get fined

memphissteelergirl
10-17-2008, 09:27 AM
What in the world kinda crack are you smoking..

1...Troy is not a dirty player and doesn't go after the QB after the ball is thrown any more than anyone else does. It's a fine line that the officials are calling way too much in recent years.

2. Troy takes peoples heads off with his crushing hits because that's what he's paid to do. If you guys had a secondary that could do the same you'd see that.

3. There is no way to play in the NFL except 100% full bore...you don't play half assed.

4. Troy does does not go after intentional helmet to helmet contact, he plays fair and tough like you want a safety to play.

Honestly man, Im a fair guy and I try not to always see a person's point of view on any subject on this board but that post you made was really just so pointless, off base, and completely without any merit or understanding of how Troy plays that you really should have stopped and thought about it alittle more before you made such statement.

:hail::clap: Nicely done!

dawgs
10-17-2008, 11:04 AM
steeler fans are so mature, nice job guys.

by the way the NFL headquaters are not located in ohio teemont, I was going by the NFL rules.

But Ya I respect my boys enough not to blindside hit them. Starters make alot of money if u have not noticed. So teams don't wanna see there great players go down. WHICH WOULD MAKE THE GAME ALOT LESS FUN TO WATCH.

anyone here like watching the pats???? NO!!!! I don't like tom brady, but the guy is entertaining. Now the pats are pretty much done.

teemont. Just because guys play football, does not mean they are willing to get serverly hurt and have their careers ended at 27. Yes that is possible and everyone knows that. But no reason to have it happen with a cheap shot, or cheap shot to the helmet. Players do not mind getting hit. but how can anyone disagree with the rules of late hits, helmet hits, knee hits on QBs and what not.??? It takes nothing away from the game.

ok lets do this... browns and steelers play each other the last week of the season. Lets say both are fighting for a playoff spot. 24-24 in the 4th with 10min left. next play ben steps back throws the ball incomplete. 3 sec later he is blasted by shaun rogers. Ben is carried off the field and browns pick off charlie batch and end up winning the game.. Is that still a great play like teemont thinks cheapshots are???

--- Added 10/17/2008 at 10:04 AM ---

by the way Im not saying troy cheap shot anyone. I did not even see the play. Im just saying in general these rules are good. Since troy opened his mouth, Just kinda used him as example.

ejsteeler
10-17-2008, 11:09 AM
Just goes to show how much off a dumb a$$ you are. Charlie Batch is on IR. :yesnod:

dawgs
10-17-2008, 11:15 AM
Just goes to show how much off a dumb a$$ you are. Charlie Batch is on IR. :yesnod:

so?????? THANKS FOR PROVING MY POINT. batch is on the IR who is your backup. O wait leftwich?? lol thats even worse. If ben goes down steelers are screwed, These rules are the only thing keeping ben on the field. The OL does nothing, so If there were no helmet to helmet rules, knee rules and roughing the passer rules ben would not be on the field right now. Most starters would not be.

Skip bayless is 100% right. I never ever agree with this guy, But man he is right. ask parker, mandenhall if they were playing touch football. or batch. there are so many injuries in this game, Lets avoid the horrible cheap shot helmet hits.

ejsteeler
10-17-2008, 11:22 AM
As usual, you are not making any sense. Your thoughts wander as does your subject matter. Shouldn't you be in school or something?:lol:

HUNT4SEVEN
10-17-2008, 11:42 AM
Who let the Dawg http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s202/smostle/smileys/shiat.gif in,,,,,,,,Guess those stain fans get bored with there so-called team http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s202/smostle/smileys/hashbrownssuck.gif Washington's gonna skin some dawgs this weekend and you should find Eli and thank him for your 3 gifts !!!!

Troy plays the game "old school" and how it was always meant to be played,,,,,,,Just like shannon sharpe said on sirius,"this is a violent game" If the commish wants to improve the game,I say get thugs like pac-man outta here and let these guys play FOOTBALL !!!!!!
Well don't forget that drug dealing/taking thug Matt motherfu***** Jones:lol::lol::yellowthumb::tt02:

--- Added 10/17/2008 at 10:42 AM ---

As usual, you are not making any sense. Your thoughts wander as does your subject matter. Shouldn't you be in school or something?:lol:
U mean dog training school, these Clowns fans are Losers they are not even woth responding to,So just act like we don't see there posts,soon they will go away:lol::lol::tt02:

DIESELMAN
10-17-2008, 01:42 PM

I just pulled this quote out from a Polamalu interview regarding the late hits.

Polamalu isn't defending those hits, but rather the routine plays that are drawing fines even if there are no penalties or apparent rules violations.Also.....

The Steelers believe the $15,000 fines levied against wide receiver Hines Ward for non-penalized infractions on successive weeks were unwarranted, and team chairman Dan Rooney and coach Mike Tomlin contacted the league about them this week.

Polamalu is normally one of the NFL's most intense players on the field and softest-spoken off it, but he sounded like outspoken former teammate Joey Porter, now of the Dolphins, or Lambert when he questioned the NFL's intent.

Lambert, the Hall of Fame linebacker from the 1970s and 1980s, once said the NFL should put skirts on quarterbacks so defensive players would know not to tackle them.

"It's just the essence of what NFL football is," Polamalu said. "You don't want to get into a sport that loses the core mentality. It's like playing basketball and, "Oh, you can't body somebody up. You can't touch them. You can only play defense from a foot out.' It takes away from the real athleticism of the sport. ... football loses its identity."
Polamalu also doesn't defend players who take cheap shots.

"I didn't mean being cheap, but (those who) don't take anything from anybody," Polamalu said. "Know what I mean? Joe Greene wouldn't take anything from anybody. Joey Porter wouldn't. When people came to our field, they knew this was our home field. Nobody was going to mess with us. ... That's the type of attitude I think is really awesome."

BlitzburghRockCity
10-17-2008, 01:43 PM
ok lets do this... browns and steelers play each other the last week of the season. Lets say both are fighting for a playoff spot. 24-24 in the 4th with 10min left. next play ben steps back throws the ball incomplete. 3 sec later he is blasted by shaun rogers. Ben is carried off the field and browns pick off charlie batch and end up winning the game.. Is that still a great play like teemont thinks cheapshots are???

Watch the replay of the Harrison hit or any hit by Troy or any player on our team for that matter this year and show me where you can count 3 seconds before the hit comes....(and there was such a 3 second delay then then the personal foul would be warranted)

you can't do it, the Harrison hit was about 1/2 second after the ball was released, maybe 1 full second at the most. When you're that close you can't pull up in time and most times the defender doesn't even know the ball was released if he's already about to engage the QB.

sorry man, that statement doesn't hold any water at all...

SportsTalkCentral
10-17-2008, 03:21 PM
I was really glad Troy Polamalu spoke out about it. I agreed with everything he said.

Roger Goodell had a point, but if the official doesn't throw a flag, how can you fine them? Goodell needs to get his officials on the same page if he's gonna go out and issue these kind of fines.

Dean Denton
10-17-2008, 04:59 PM
so?????? THANKS FOR PROVING MY POINT. batch is on the IR who is your backup. O wait leftwich?? lol thats even worse. If ben goes down steelers are screwed, These rules are the only thing keeping ben on the field. The OL does nothing, so If there were no helmet to helmet rules, knee rules and roughing the passer rules ben would not be on the field right now. Most starters would not be.

Skip bayless is 100% right. I never ever agree with this guy, But man he is right. ask parker, mandenhall if they were playing touch football. or batch. there are so many injuries in this game, Lets avoid the horrible cheap shot helmet hits.
We will never be screwed if Ben goes down. He went down before and we still wenrt to the Superbowl that year. dont you know we have Steamin Willie Beamin sitting on the bench? you know that flashy guy from Oregon.
Ben has Been knocked out of the game a few times from late or dirty hits, but I dont remember him ever crying about it. That Atalanta game he got a helmet to helmet KO. Still tried playing the next week. Bad idea by the way..This is a collision sport, not contact. Good luck never getting hurt playing.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-17-2008, 06:21 PM
There's a reason Tomlin stuck with Leftwich when he had the opportunity to keep Batch on the active roster. His injury wasn't season ending but he felt like Byron was coming along very well and was learning the offense sufficiently enough that if called upon he's be able to fill in adequately. that's all you can ask for if your starter goes down.

Everybody likes Charlie and we were all completely content with having him as a backup for another year or two but Tomlin saw enough in Leftwich to make the call.

lloydfan4life
10-17-2008, 08:23 PM
ok lets do this... browns and steelers play each other the last week of the season. Lets say both are fighting for a playoff spot. 24-24 in the 4th with 10min left. next play ben steps back throws the ball incomplete. 3 sec later he is blasted by shaun rogers. Ben is carried off the field and browns pick off charlie batch and end up winning the game..

WTF kind of drugs are you smokin'???
Is this your idea of a fairytale?
You actually dream about this kind of stuff don't you??
It must really suck to lose to us so much that the only way you can get your rocks off is to fantasize about beating us.
You probably lay in bed at night thinking this kind of stuff up...... then in walks your mom to find you've pitched a tent.
She wants to know if you know what happened to her hand cream.
Lil dawgs.... you're rotten!
Your own mothers hand cream???? :whatever: That's just not right.
You need help little fellow.

Keep dreamin' about beatin' the mighty Steelers!! That's the only way it's going to happen for the forseeable future.

Stlrs4Life
10-17-2008, 10:27 PM

Ill help troy out.

Coming from a fan from a Team that tackles like pansies. What else would we expect?

BlitzburghNation
10-17-2008, 10:32 PM
I have always looked way down on fans that get on other teams site and talk http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s202/smostle/smileys/pileofsteamingshxt01.gif about that sites team,,,,,,,,Shows how immature they are and how pitiful there team's are,,,,,,They need to be bent over the knee and :spank: that :moon: and sent to ther room without supper !

dawgs
10-18-2008, 12:22 AM
Watch the replay of the Harrison hit or any hit by Troy or any player on our team for that matter this year and show me where you can count 3 seconds before the hit comes....(and there was such a 3 second delay then then the personal foul would be warranted)

you can't do it, the Harrison hit was about 1/2 second after the ball was released, maybe 1 full second at the most. When you're that close you can't pull up in time and most times the defender doesn't even know the ball was released if he's already about to engage the QB.

sorry man, that statement doesn't hold any water at all...

remove your head from steelers *** please. Im talkin in general. I could careless what the steelers did or did not do. Just trying to say why i beleive the rules in place, and the way the commish is running things are great.

--- Added 10/17/2008 at 11:19 PM ---

I have always looked way down on fans that get on other teams site and talk http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s202/smostle/smileys/pileofsteamingshxt01.gif about that sites team,,,,,,,,Shows how immature they are and how pitiful there team's are,,,,,,They need to be bent over the knee and :spank: that :moon: and sent to ther room without supper !

Show where I have talked crap about the steelers. Steelers fans are a different story. As we see in this topic alone, its hard for steeler fans to hold a convo with swearing every other word.

--- Added 10/17/2008 at 11:19 PM ---

Coming from a fan from a Team that tackles like pansies. What else would we expect?

true. although this year is alittle different.

JB 67
10-18-2008, 02:19 AM

Ill help troy out.

you win one game so you come in here talking crap get a life loser we own you Clown Bitches :cope:

DanRooney
10-18-2008, 06:32 AM
We will never be screwed if Ben goes down. He went down before and we still wenrt to the Superbowl that year. dont you know we have Steamin Willie Beamin sitting on the bench? you know that flashy guy from Oregon.
Ben has Been knocked out of the game a few times from late or dirty hits, but I dont remember him ever crying about it. That Atalanta game he got a helmet to helmet KO. Still tried playing the next week. Bad idea by the way..This is a collision sport, not contact. Good luck never getting hurt playing.

:thinking:

Stairwayto7
10-18-2008, 09:07 AM
Every Ex NFL player, not candy a$$e$ like dawgs, agreed with Troy, EVERYONE, a defensive player is taught to seperate the player from the ball. This is a full speed sport, when a player you have a beat on lowers his head to avoid the collision, and it becomes a helmet to helmet hit, does NOT mean it was intentional, or it was planned. The pansy wr`s today are ducking thier heads at the last second, afraid of the hit, so more of you helmet to helmet hits come from this

dawgs
10-18-2008, 09:32 AM
Every Ex NFL player, not candy a$$e$ like dawgs, agreed with Troy, EVERYONE, a defensive player is taught to seperate the player from the ball. This is a full speed sport, when a player you have a beat on lowers his head to avoid the collision, and it becomes a helmet to helmet hit, does NOT mean it was intentional, or it was planned. The pansy wr`s today are ducking thier heads at the last second, afraid of the hit, so more of you helmet to helmet hits come from this

You asked every ex player?? wow nice job. Depends what u ask them. I can't see anyone disagreeing with the late hit, helmet to helmet, knee hits. Ex players are pissed that those rules were not put in for them. I forget what troy was even crying about. whatever.

Stairwayto7
10-18-2008, 10:01 AM
You asked every ex player?? wow nice job. Depends what u ask them. I can't see anyone disagreeing with the late hit, helmet to helmet, knee hits. Ex players are pissed that those rules were not put in for them. I forget what troy was even crying about. whatever.

Fair enough, I meant, but forgot to add that every ex player interviewed on ESPN on this subject. My bad!

TEEMONT
10-18-2008, 11:12 AM

god dammit you are a bitch......

--- Added 10/18/2008 at 10:12 AM ---

steeler fans are so mature, nice job guys.

by the way the NFL headquaters are not located in ohio teemont, I was going by the NFL rules.

teemont. Just because guys play football, does not mean they are willing to get serverly hurt and have their careers ended at 27. Yes that is possible and everyone knows that. But no reason to have it happen with a cheap shot, or cheap shot to the helmet. Players do not mind getting hit. but how can anyone disagree with the rules of late hits, helmet hits, knee hits on QBs and what not.??? It takes nothing away from the game.

It doesn't matter if they are willing to get severely injured or not. IF they aren't willing to take that chance, then they are getting paid millions of dollars for playing the wrong sport. Number one, a clowns fan can't say **** about cheap shots until she acknowledges Shan Rodgers cheap shots on QB's.

Once you admit that, then maybe you can be taken seriously, until then, your part of the NFL problem. This is a game for bitches now.....especially if your number is lower than 20.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-18-2008, 03:17 PM
Did Rogers get fined for the late hits on Ben? Clearly he drove him into the ground when he could have let up on the one and the other when he gave Ben a shot in his shoulder after the play was over. Rogers is a panzy ***, dirty player and everybody knows it. Who the **** calls them self big baby ( or whatever he thinks he is ) anyways!

Stlrs4Life
10-18-2008, 04:27 PM
true. although this year is alittle different.

Where is different at? Your CBs still can't tackle, and you have 1 LBer that could actually start for the Steelers.

dawgs
10-18-2008, 10:46 PM
Did Rogers get fined for the late hits on Ben? Clearly he drove him into the ground when he could have let up on the one and the other when he gave Ben a shot in his shoulder after the play was over. Rogers is a panzy ***, dirty player and everybody knows it. Who the **** calls them self big baby ( or whatever he thinks he is ) anyways!

1. never heard rogers call himself big baby. although he is pretty big(right). glen davis I believe calls himself that. C/PF for the celtics.

2. If a defense player makes legal contact, meaning not a late hit then he does not have to let up. Because You don't always know where the ball is, QB could do a pump fake or whatever, gotta finish the play and refs will let u do that. Ben is surpose to be so big, although he is the smallest QB in are divison. So he can handle it right.

3. Please know the meaning of words before u use them. Rogers is alot of things, but panzy is not one of them. Plus we are talkin about the browns here, if rogers late hit someone the NFL would be more then happy to fine us. Not like we get special treatment.

4. Stlrs4Life Browns CB's can't tackle??? Ill give u a pass on that. Thats pretty much all wright and B-mac were known for last season, very good tacklers.

5. Let me know what cheap shots rogers has done. he had 0 on eli. I was at the browns and steelers game so I don't remember seeing that surpose hit. If u have a clip of it I will be honest and say if its a late hit or not. Because I don't really care. injuries I guess makes ben a better QB anyway, so your welcome.

Stairwayto7
10-19-2008, 08:06 AM
da - Height: 6-6 Weight: 230
jf -Height: 6-6 Weight: 230
cp - Height: 6-5 Weight: 230
Big Ben - Height: 6-5 Weight: 247

. If a defense player makes legal contact, meaning not a late hit then he does not have to let up. Because You don't always know where the ball is, QB could do a pump fake or whatever, gotta finish the play and refs will let u do that. Ben is surpose to be so big, although he is the smallest QB in are divison. So he can handle it right.

So height alone makes you big?? Can Ben handle it, obviously he can, he has taken plenty of cheap shots, and has never lost to your team. NEVER! Can I get a N-E-V-E-R!

lloydfan4life
10-19-2008, 08:17 AM

god dammit you are a bitch......

c'mon TEEMONT. :duh:
Let's be politically correct here.
dawgs isn't just A bitch.... he's OUR bitch.
We own them little brownies!

Stairwayto7
10-19-2008, 09:06 AM
c'mon TEEMONT. :duh:
Let's be politically correct here.
dawgs isn't just A bitch.... he's OUR bitch.
We own them little brownies!

Amen my Steelers Brother! Amen!

dawgs
10-19-2008, 10:23 AM
Ben is listed at 241. Plus I said big not fat, heavy, weighs more. no, big as in height. Plus we all know palmer and DA are both over 230.

Steelers no question own the browns. But I clearly own you guys. Why is that?? Its simple, You guys can't go one paragraph without swearing or calling me names. Which people who are down, fustraded tend to do.

If Im wrong that just means im human. More then happy to see someone else's point of view and i could change my mine about something. But you guys just tend to go straight for the insults, which means im getting to you.

Stairwayto7
10-19-2008, 10:28 AM
Ben is listed at 241. Plus I said big not fat, heavy, weighs more. no, big as in height. Plus we all know palmer and DA are both over 230.

Steelers no question own the browns. But I clearly own you guys. Why is that?? Its simple, You guys can't go one paragraph without swearing or calling me names. Which people who are down, fustraded tend to do.

If Im wrong that just means im human. More then happy to see someone else's point of view and i could change my mine about something. But you guys just tend to go straight for the insults, which means im getting to you.

Blah blah blah! I thought your original intent was to just get along. But no, you were to immature for that, once your team din`t live up to your expectations, you were the on ethat cracked, and became frustrated, and changed your tune! We are Steelers fans on a Steelers web site, this is where we hang, you keep coming back! And you own us! Hah, you are owned thats why you keep coming back. We don`t come looking for you!
OWNED

dawgs
10-19-2008, 10:30 AM
what? i was owned so I keep comnig back?? lol

Its just fun coming in here. Its funny stuff man.

Stairwayto7
10-19-2008, 10:39 AM
what? i was owned so I keep comnig back?? lol

Its just fun coming in here. Its funny stuff man.

Call it what you want, you will anyway. Its obvious, you are afraid that we will say something when your not around. No big deal! Your owned! Just in denial!

dawgs
10-19-2008, 10:45 AM
Call it what you want, you will anyway. Its obvious, you are afraid that we will say something when your not around. No big deal! Your owned! Just in denial!

??? Na im just at work and today I have alot of free time. I have a cool job but can be boring at times. last couple days have been slow. Plus when im in school I have even more free time.