PDA

View Full Version : Injury updates heading into Bengals game

BlitzburghRockCity
10-14-2008, 12:31 AM
Looks like FWP should be back in action next week (http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08287/919659-66.stm) vs the Bengals. I got a text a couple days ago from KDKA that Keisel is back to practice too but I haven't heard any word on if he'll be available this weekend or not.

If Brett needs another week I say let him sit because we'll need him at 100% after this week for this tough run coming up.

AZ_Steeler
10-14-2008, 12:36 AM
I personally feel that Moore should be given another start! :bigthumb: Nice to them both practicing though..

$teelersRule
10-14-2008, 12:58 AM
i dont think moore should start, this is FWP's team moore had one good game! i do think he should have a ton more carries than he had before parker went out though. :yesnod:

BlitzburghNation
10-14-2008, 01:02 AM
Just in time to skin a kitten,,,,,,,,,,http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s202/smostle/smileys/bengirlssuck.gif

BlitzburghRockCity
10-14-2008, 09:02 AM
Moore won't get the start, this is FWP's team at the RB position. Tomlin won't just put in Moore after one good game and appoint him the starter right off the bat since Willie was doing very well right up until the injury. Now if FWP was struggling then that's a totally different story. Moore will hopefully get some more looks in the offense now though and that's definitely a good thing.

BlacknGold Bleeder
10-14-2008, 09:26 AM
If they have the luxury of letting him heal up another week, it makes sense to do that.

NOVA STEELERS
10-14-2008, 01:06 PM
Nose tackle Casey Hampton and kicker Jeff Reed were among the Steelers players who didn't practice Monday.
Reed, who has a strained calf in his plant leg, sounded confident that he will play Sunday against the Bengals.
Hampton, who has missed the last two games with a strained groin, said it is too early to tell if he will return for the 1 p.m. contest at Paul Brown Stadium.
Hampton said he plans to test his groin by doing some running this week.
"I'm ready to go, but I can't make my body do something it's not going to do," Hampton said. "I've just got to make sure I don't hurt myself and subject myself to being out longer."
Reed, who hurt his left leg in the Steelers' 26-21 win over the Jaguars on Oct. 5, said he will try to kick Wednesday in practice.
"If I feel good, it will just be a normal routine after that," said Reed, who has not missed a field goal in nine attempts this season. "I think I'm going to be fine. It feels a lot better and I think as the week goes on, it's going to gradually get better."
Among the other Steelers players who didn't practice yesterday were starting left tackle Marvel Smith, wide receivers Santonio Holmes and Nate Washington, and running back Carey Davis.
Davis, who is nursing a sprained ankle, has said he plans to play against the Bengals.

If anyone needs an extra week to rest this is the week to give it to them :2cents:

BlitzburghRockCity
10-14-2008, 02:08 PM
I'd like to see Keisel come back this week, that would be huge but if he needs another week this is the time to do it. The depth is playing well so no need to rush. We do however need Jeff back big time.

jpele
10-14-2008, 02:14 PM
Pittsburgh Steelers OT Marvel Smith (back) did not practice Monday, Oct. 13, and his condition will be monitored throughout the week. Smith is questionable for Week 7.

Steelers | Keisel to start Week 7
Tue, 14 Oct 2008 10:04:30 -0700

Pittsburgh Steelers DL Casey Hampton (groin) will not practice until Thursday, Oct. 16, according to head coach Mike Tomlin, and is questionable for Week 7.

Steelers | Parker expected to play Week 7
Tue, 14 Oct 2008 10:00:36 -0700

Link (http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl)

Dean Denton
10-14-2008, 02:18 PM
Parker better be ready for sundays game against the Bungles. He needs a warm up game before we take on the Defending Superbowl Chumps. Parker should post 130 on sunday, and close to the same the following week. If not, then I question his health.

Dean Denton
10-14-2008, 02:22 PM
Whats wrong with our WRs. Why did they miss practice?

$teelersRule
10-14-2008, 03:37 PM
marvel's back is bothering him AGAIN! i dont see how any team really offers him a huge contract at the end of the year like most people believe. if this scares away other teams do we resign him? i hope we can for 2 years by that time we might have a legit LT to step up, that is if we draft one early this year. :greenbounce2:

DocHolliday1989
10-14-2008, 03:46 PM
I dont know what everyone else thinks about the guy, but when he played last year at LT he did pretty well I thought. I thought I seen somewhere on maybe Post-Gazette.com that Starks might be starting for Colon... has anyone else heard this?
I think Parker will be fine and if not I think Mewelde proved that he is more than capable of playing again as the starter..

This is What I Live For Baby!!... Bunghole Week!!1
:stirpot:

SteelfordWexler
10-14-2008, 03:57 PM
marvel's back is bothering him AGAIN! i dont see how any team really offers him a huge contract at the end of the year like most people believe. if this scares away other teams do we resign him? i hope we can for 2 years by that time we might have a legit LT to step up, that is if we draft one early this year. :greenbounce2:

Maybe this is an indication that we made a smart decision by not pursuing an extension prior to the season. I hope he is ok, but I agree that this could significantly reduce his market value.

BTW, anyone else notice that Marvel was consistenly being beaten prior to getting injured against Jville? Essex did at least as well in relief.

DanRooney
10-14-2008, 04:31 PM
Whats wrong with our WRs. Why did they miss practice?

Guess Nate Washington figures he had his 1 good game so he can disappear for the next 3. :yesnod:

Dean Denton
10-14-2008, 04:33 PM
Guess Nate Washington figures he had his 1 good game so he can disappear for the next 3. :yesnod:
What about Holmes?

$teelersRule
10-14-2008, 10:10 PM
Maybe this is an indication that we made a smart decision by not pursuing an extension prior to the season. I hope he is ok, but I agree that this could significantly reduce his market value.

BTW, anyone else notice that Marvel was consistenly being beaten prior to getting injured against Jville? Essex did at least as well in relief.

yeah the more i think about it, im pretty sure essex is going to be our starting LT next season... i am not sure yet if that is a positive thing or a negative. i also believe we trade up in this draft to get a real left tackle to take over later in the season or next. i think essex can do a fine job for part of a season or even a whole one but i dont think he is our left tackle of the future... maybe out RT though. your thoughts?:thinking:

SteelfordWexler
10-15-2008, 09:04 PM
yeah the more i think about it, im pretty sure essex is going to be our starting LT next season... i am not sure yet if that is a positive thing or a negative. i also believe we trade up in this draft to get a real left tackle to take over later in the season or next. i think essex can do a fine job for part of a season or even a whole one but i dont think he is our left tackle of the future... maybe out RT though. your thoughts?:thinking:

That is very possible, but I think Essex is an unrestricted FA after the season too. I think we will try to sign him, but it would depend on who else is available I guess. Based on recent history, we will probably put the franchise tag on him. :lol:

BlitzburghRockCity
10-17-2008, 07:50 PM
Anybody heard if Keisel will be back this week for sure?

Dean Denton
10-17-2008, 08:01 PM
Anybody heard if Keisel will be back this week for sure?

I think he is back.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-17-2008, 08:04 PM
Yep just found it..

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08291/920647-66.stm

The bye week was supposed to allow some of the Steelers' walking wounded to get well, and, to an extent, it has. But running back Willie Parker, offensive tackle Marvel Smith and nose tackle Casey Hampton were too banged up to participate fully in practice yesterday afternoon and are listed as day-to-day.
Coach Mike Tomlin said each player will be evaluated in the morning before decisions can be made about working out and possibly being ready for the game Sunday in Cincinnati. In Parker's case, he worked Monday but suffered a setback Tuesday, which makes him a question mark for Sunday.
"We're hopeful, but not as hopeful as we were earlier in the week," Tomlin said.
If Parker is unavailable, the Steelers will go with the running back-by-committee approach they used against Jacksonville. Mewelde Moore will start, backed up by Gary Russell and Najeh Davenport.
"We have all the confidence in the world [in them]. Everybody dug in. Everybody contributed," offensive coordinator Bruce Arians said. "There was no drop off [against Jacksonville], and we don't expect any."
Making his first start in a couple of seasons, Moore gained 99 yards against the Jaguars. There was some kidding about just missing the 100-yard mark, but Moore said such numbers are irrelevant.
"To me, it doesn't matter. All I care about is the W. I run, I catch passes, I return kicks with one thing in mind. It's all about winning," he said. "The guys in the locker room believe in each other. They're going to leave it all on the field."
Hampton has missed action with a groin injury, and Smith has been hampered by back spasms. If Smith's condition doesn't improve, Max Starks will get his first start of the season.
"Max had a good week of practice. One thing we do have is good depth," Arians said.
The winless Bengals have allowed more rushing attempts and rushing yards than any team in the NFL, but they've been at a disadvantage because their offense has been unable to control the clock.
"The tape doesn't show lot of long runs. There's no lack of effort. Guys are flying around. This is a solid defense. This is not an 0-6 defense," Arians said.
Kicker Jeff Reed, defensive end Brett Keisel and defensive end Nick Eason have recovered sufficiently to participate in practice and should be available Sunday.

DanRooney
10-18-2008, 05:38 AM
Yep just found it..

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08291/920647-66.stm

good depth? we don't even have good starters on the o-line :lol:

Stairwayto7
10-18-2008, 10:08 AM
Should we have signed a RB before the trade dead line? We came into the season thinking this was our deepest position, now it may be the most thin