PDA

View Full Version : Palmer ruled out.

SteelersfaninPhilly
10-13-2008, 04:16 PM
Carson Palmer has been ruled out for this sunday's upcoming game.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5gynItHboLwSaX4byVgulpLXD0inQD93PQ56G0

LatrobePA
10-13-2008, 04:20 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3641482

Lets hope our team doesn't let a ****** QB look great!!!

Stairwayto7
10-13-2008, 04:26 PM
Even more reason to NOT over look the bungholes, we have to play with " Our Back Against the Wall " Mentality" Bring your A game, this game is a must with the upcoming schedule

Dean Denton
10-13-2008, 04:29 PM
I know we still wont take them lightly because they are winless, and most of those guys have to be getting a little hungry for a win. And what a better win then to beat the Steelers with a backup QB. Our team will be ready to go. Its a perfect warm up game for the Phony Giants that have beat the bottom tier of the NFL the last 3 games. Sorry, but I really doubt the Giants are the best in the NFL. I dont care who they beat last year, and to me, its just a matter of time before the real Eli stands up. You know, the one that plays like a shiat.

LatrobePA
10-13-2008, 04:30 PM
Even more reason to NOT over look the bungholes, we have to play with " Our Back Against the Wall " Mentality" Bring your A game, this game is a must with the upcoming schedule

Agree'd we sometimes have a way with letting unproven/ crappy QB's light us up....

Stlrs4Life
10-13-2008, 04:46 PM
I agree, we can't look past any team.

Troyisabeast_43
10-13-2008, 04:48 PM
Agree'd we sometimes have a way with letting unproven/ crappy QB's light us up....

Not this season though this defense is much more talented and improved from last season. The way Fitzpatrick has looked in the 2 games he has started against the Browns and Jets committing a ton of turnovers, fumbling the ball alot, and getting sacked a ton, I expect the Steelers D to absolutely tee off on him and make his life a living hell on Sunday. The Steelers should win this game easily on Sunday.

Dean Denton
10-13-2008, 04:50 PM
Thats not just us, its all the teams. Its hard to game plan for a QB when theres no film to study. Dick will bring pressure, force him to make mistakes, and we win this game by 3 scores. Maybe 4. Winning by 28 points would not shock me at all.

Troyisabeast_43
10-13-2008, 04:52 PM
I know we still wont take them lightly because they are winless, and most of those guys have to be getting a little hungry for a win. And what a better win then to beat the Steelers with a backup QB. Our team will be ready to go. Its a perfect warm up game for the Phony Giants that have beat the bottom tier of the NFL the last 3 games. Sorry, but I really doubt the Giants are the best in the NFL. I dont care who they beat last year, and to me, its just a matter of time before the real Eli stands up. You know, the one that plays like a shiat.

I agree with you 100 percent on everything you said. When the Giants do play the Steelers here they most likely will be 6-0 having beat Washington,St Louis,Cincy,Seattle,Cleveland and the 49ers. Not exactly the best of competition at all. They will be long overdue for a loss when they come into Heinz Field on that Sunday, and the Steelers are just the team to give it to them and then make their official jump into elite status in the NFL by handing the defending Super Bowl Champions their first loss of the season.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-13-2008, 05:32 PM

There is absolutely ZERO excuse to lose this game, even with Palmer in they were still winless now with Fitzpatrick in there is no reason we should not win. That being said as you all mentioned we have a habit in the past of making backups look like pro bowlers so it's imperative that we come out firing and establish ourselves right from the get go and put them away early. Don't overlook anybody!

BengalBrian
10-13-2008, 05:35 PM
We have only looked remotely good against the better teams we have played.. And even then, not 4 quarters anyway. And with Palmer in there....

You guys are going to beat us badly. Even in the score ends up close, it really won't be a close game.

Dean Denton
10-13-2008, 05:59 PM
We have only looked remotely good against the better teams we have played.. And even then, not 4 quarters anyway. And with Palmer in there....

You guys are going to beat us badly. Even in the score ends up close, it really won't be a close game.See what your trying to do? Your trying to cushin the blow. Your trying to flip it around, and take the heat off your team like they're suppose to lose because of how bad they are. But it wont work. Jedi mind tricks dont work on Steeler Nation. The Steeler will win because they always win over there. Its when Cincy comes to Pitt, that freaks me out. No matter what their record is. dont try that sneaky crap again buster....lol

BlackGold4vr
10-13-2008, 06:02 PM
There is absolutely ZERO excuse to lose this game, even with Palmer in they were still winless now with Fitzpatrick in there is no reason we should not win. That being said as you all mentioned we have a habit in the past of making backups look like pro bowlers so it's imperative that we come out firing and establish ourselves right from the get go and put them away early. Don't overlook anybody!

TG - that was in the past when we weren't pressuring the quarterback. With Woodley and Harrison terrorizing QB's we are a tougher defense this year. Look how bad our team played offensively against Philly and our defense still kept us in that game until the end. This is a defense that will not allow bad teams to beat us! We are currently tied for second in sacks and one of those teams that is tied with us has played an extra game. The first team in sacks has also played an extra game and they got half their total against us. :lol:

1. Philly - 21 - 6 games
2. Cards - 18 - 6 games
2. Steelers - 18 - 5 games
2. Jets - 18 - 5 games

We are also #2 in total defense yards allowed per game. At our current rate of 3.6 sacks per game we will eventually take the lead in that stat.

:helmet:

Dean Denton
10-13-2008, 06:13 PM
TG - that was in the past when we weren't pressuring the quarterback. With Woodley and Harrison terrorizing QB's we are a tougher defense this year. Look how bad our team played offensively against Philly and our defense still kept us in that game until the end. This is a defense that will not allow bad teams to beat us! We are currently tied for second in sacks and one of those teams that is tied with us has played an extra game. The first team in sacks has also played an extra game and they got half their total against us. :lol:

1. Philly - 21 - 6 games
2. Cards - 18 - 6 games
2. Steelers - 18 - 5 games
2. Jets - 18 - 5 games

We are also #2 in total defense yards allowed per game. At our current rate of 3.6 sacks per game we will eventually take the lead in that stat.

:helmet:That right. However, as much as I hate the NFC East, those 4 teams have what looks to be the best O-lines in football. Also the Titans have a top notch O-line. So for us to finish at the top will say a lot about our pass rush.

lloydfan4life
10-13-2008, 07:23 PM
Not this season though this defense is much more talented and improved from last season. The way Fitzpatrick has looked in the 2 games he has started against the Browns and Jets committing a ton of turnovers, fumbling the ball alot, and getting sacked a ton, I expect the Steelers D to absolutely tee off on him and make his life a living hell on Sunday. The Steelers should win this game easily on Sunday.

I agree with you 100 percent on everything you said. When the Giants do play the Steelers here they most likely will be 6-0 having beat Washington,St Louis,Cincy,Seattle,Cleveland and the 49ers. Not exactly the best of competition at all. They will be long overdue for a loss when they come into Heinz Field on that Sunday, and the Steelers are just the team to give it to them and then make their official jump into elite status in the NFL by handing the defending Super Bowl Champions their first loss of the season.

I like the way you think!! :yellowthumb: :clap: :yellowthumb: :clap:

This game still concerns me a little, but not nearly as much w/o Palmer. This Fitzpatrick guy's going to have a rude awakening this sunday when he faces a real D ! I'd like to see Ocho Stinko get his golden teeth knocked out and handed to him by Troy again! :cope:

Black@Gold Forever32
10-13-2008, 08:07 PM
Palmer squats when he takes a ****....What a puss and the Bengals should just put him on IR already...lol