PDA

View Full Version : McNair Injured against Carolina

Hburg
10-15-2006, 02:58 PM
Ravens QB McNair injured against Panthers
NFL.com wire reports

BALTIMORE (Oct. 15, 2006) -- Ravens quarterback Steve McNair was removed from Sunday's game against Carolina with a concussion and neck sprain.

McNair was hurt late in the first quarter when sacked by Mike Rucker and Chris Draft. McNair was slow getting up, then was removed from the game after a short delay. He was taken to the locker room for further evaluation.

He was replaced by Kyle Boller, making his season debut.

McNair was 2-for-4 for 4 yards and an interception before the sack.

I knew it was only a matter of time before this happened. This will take a lot of steam out of the Ravens' offense and plague them for the rest of the year. If they have to use Boller again for the rest of the season: bye-bye playoffs.

BuFu

BlitzburghRockCity
10-15-2006, 03:04 PM
The Ratbird offense had no steam to begin with, it was on life support. We all knew McNair is old and beatup and only a matter of time before he gets knocked out with an injury.

I don't wish injury on anyone in the league but Damn I love to HATE the ratbirds !! :tt02:

AZ_Steeler
10-15-2006, 03:13 PM
A healthy McNair still wouldn't beat Carolina! Carolina is coming on strong lately now that smith is back in the lineup.

I hope it's not to serious though for McNair, I hate seeing players get injured... it only leads to excuses!

Hburg
10-15-2006, 03:16 PM
I was actually guiltily happy about hearin this news. I don't want to see McNair hurt because he is a good man and a good player......but this will help the Steelers chances in the division a lot because without McNair the ravens are pretty much sunk on offense.

The ravens offense wasn't all that like most were toutin them. They looked relatively better from the past few years but the fact that they had to have multiple late come-from-behind victories (even from the browns!) I knew they couldn't keep up that pattern and that tension all season, it would just be too much stress to attempt to maintain every week. I only knew it would be a matter of time before McNair went down. Now we'll see what they say on his condition and what is said on the ravens' future.

BuFu

AZ_Steeler
10-15-2006, 03:18 PM
If the Bengals and Ravens lose, then the Steelers need to do their part today and win the damn game! :tt02:

Hburg
10-15-2006, 03:21 PM
If the Bengals and Ravens lose, then the Steelers need to do their part today and win the damn game! :tt02:

Damn straight! We need to turn the tables and switch up the momentum!

BuFu

PITT23
10-15-2006, 03:30 PM
Any idea how long he's out? This could basicaly be the end of the Ravens season, Boller will never take them on a playoff run.

Hburg
10-15-2006, 03:39 PM
Any idea how long he's out? This could basicaly be the end of the Ravens season, Boller will never take them on a playoff run.

Don't know yet reports will prolly be made by tonite but yea a neck sprain can prolly out you for a season. We'll have to wait and see.

BuFu

Hburg
10-15-2006, 03:52 PM
****, Baltimore is inside the 10!

BuFu

Hburg
10-15-2006, 03:54 PM
The announcers are slobbin all over the ravens' knob......."There's no quit in this football team, Baltimore is a blue collar town and this is a blue collar football team." WTF?!!! Where you pullin that out of your ***?

BuFu

BlitzburghRockCity
10-15-2006, 04:10 PM
DOWN WITH THE RATBIRDS...SCREW YOUR BLUE COLLAR THIS AND THAT !! YOU'RE *** LOST AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Black@Gold Forever32
10-15-2006, 05:41 PM
You knew McNair would get hurt eventually. He always does. But Boller sorry tail threw 3 TD's today.

suitanim
10-16-2006, 09:07 AM
I'm surprised he made it to week 6.

House of Steel
10-16-2006, 09:23 AM
You can say that again, Suit. I thought for sure he would tank it about Week 4. I guess you can say McNair is going to be out for awhile.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-16-2006, 09:26 AM
Boller was playing inspired football throwing those 3 TD's. That's not something you'll see him do every week. Remember when he first came into the league he was on fire and playing well, then he slowly but surely tanked. Now is the same type of situation, he's been replaced but now he got a chance to play again. If he continues to play he'll come back down to earth.

suitanim
10-16-2006, 09:49 AM
Lot's of QB's come off the bench and play well for a game or two...part of it is the fact that the opposition gameplan's for the other QB. I think we can sweep the Rats regardless of who they have playing QB.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-16-2006, 10:15 AM
Boller was playing inspired football throwing those 3 TD's. That's not something you'll see him do every week. Remember when he first came into the league he was on fire and playing well, then he slowly but surely tanked. Now is the same type of situation, he's been replaced but now he got a chance to play again. If he continues to play he'll come back down to earth.

I didn't say I was worred about Boller. Just shocked he threw 3 TD's. But I saw the highlights of his passing TD's. Two of them were tipped that fell into the hands of Clayton. So its was some lucky **** for Boller. He is a bum and will always be a bum.

Hburg
10-16-2006, 10:29 AM
I didn't say I was worred about Boller. Just shocked he threw 3 TD's. But I saw the highlights of his passing TD's. Two of them were tipped that fell into the hands of Clayton. So its was some lucky **** for Boller. He is a bum and will always be a bum.

Yea, the stats for Boller do not clearly show the story at all. Two of his TD passes were out of pure luck/chance when the ravens' receivers came up wit the ball. On one Boller threw it so hard just behind his receiver it bounced off his shoulder-pad and straight up in the air and Clayton got under it. Then the other one was tipped by a defender and Clayton happened to show up again and then run it for a TD. Baltimore can stop the run, but so could Carolina, and Carolina made tatters out of the Baltimore secondary.

BuFu

PITT23
10-16-2006, 06:26 PM
McNair will return for their next game which is in two weeks because of a bye week.

Hburg
10-16-2006, 07:33 PM
McNair will return for their next game which is in two weeks because of a bye week.

But the injury cycle has begun. Now it will be one nagging injury after another that will slow him down.....

BuFu

Black@Gold Forever32
10-16-2006, 07:41 PM
But the injury cycle has begun. Now it will be one nagging injury after another that will slow him down.....

BuFu

Exactly Bufu but I know McNair led the Raven to the two last minute wins against the Browns and Chargers in back to back weeks. But he really hasn't playing that good overall. The Ravens blow big donkey balls.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-16-2006, 08:00 PM
Exactly Bufu but I know McNair led the Raven to the two last minute wins against the Browns and Chargers in back to back weeks. But he really hasn't playing that good overall. The Ravens blow big donkey balls.

:iagree:

The ratbird offense is so pathetic if it wasnt for timely help from their defense to give them good field position in the end they would be screwed. Their offense isn't good enough like the 2000 offense was to do enough to get them a win against a good team on a consistent basis. If they do make it to the playoffs they'll be ousted in the 1st round easily.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-16-2006, 08:21 PM
:iagree:

The ratbird offense is so pathetic if it wasnt for timely help from their defense to give them good field position in the end they would be screwed. Their offense isn't good enough like the 2000 offense was to do enough to get them a win against a good team on a consistent basis. If they do make it to the playoffs they'll be ousted in the 1st round easily.

I totally agree with you Top Gun. The Ravens 2006 offense is nowhere near as good as the 2000 Ravens offense. The 2000 squad had a young Jamal Lewis. Not the beat up and washed up current Jamal Lewis. Can we say Earl Campbell all over again.

suitanim
10-16-2006, 08:25 PM
And Trent Dilfer was not a bad QB...he was cut from the Neil O'Donnell mold, except, you know, when Trent was asked to not make mistakes, manage the game and NOT throw INT's in the Super Bowl he actually delivered the goods.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-16-2006, 08:59 PM
McNair has been known all during his career, even though he's had some great years, for throwing untimely interceptions and coughing up the football. This year is no different, only its magnified more this season because they have no running game to speak of either.

Hburg
10-16-2006, 09:31 PM

That's the thing.....both of those wins were intense, last minute, high pressure/high stress wins......and one of those was against the browns of all teams! If you have to come from behind cutting it so close against the browns what does that tell you? That alone should say somethin to all the analysts and fans that are all over the ravens' feathers.

A team can't keep winning every game when each win is under such last minute high pressure scenarios. It simply is too much continual stress for a team and particular players (McNair being one of the main ones). It was only a matter of time before the ravens cracked and collapsed wit the pattern that they had established, and that's before you factor in the fact that McNair is known to be injury prone. Right now I say the first crack has been made (McNair's injury). With that first crack more will branch out and the first crack will grow. This will continue until they are too weak to be a playoff worthy team or until the eventual collapse.....it may start this season with the former and the latter might not happen until next season.

BuFu

House of Steel
10-16-2006, 09:41 PM
We all know what happened to Trent Dilfer in Cleveland. LMAO. He couldn't keep his job.