PDA

View Full Version : Perfect Bye Week

BlackGold4vr
10-13-2008, 11:20 AM
One couldn't ask for a more perfect bye week than the Steelers received this weekend. With the Ravens losing in a blowout, the Bungels losing, and the Shitstains poised to lose on Monday night! After tonight we will have gained a game in the loss column against them all. Can it get any better than that? How often does a team that didn't play able to distance itself from its division rivals? :clap:

:steelersflag4: :towelwave:

:steelerschick:

Stairwayto7
10-13-2008, 11:40 AM
I was just saying the same thig to some of my business partners, and they all love cleveland. I`m not counting them out yet, I hate a team that has nothing to lose.

TEEMONT
10-13-2008, 11:47 AM
actually the gained a half game on all of them.

Anyways, it was a pretty good non Steeler weekend.

BlackGold4vr
10-13-2008, 02:28 PM
I was just saying the same thig to some of my business partners, and they all love cleveland. I`m not counting them out yet, I hate a team that has nothing to lose.

Cleveland is essentially taking a mule to a thoroughbred race. If they won it would be a huge upset. I just don't think they have it in them to pull it off! :evilshake:

Troyisabeast_43
10-13-2008, 02:32 PM

This division race I believe will officially be over by next weekend if the Steelers beat the Bengals and go to 5-1, and the Ravens lose in Miami and drop to 2-4,and the Browns lose tonight against the Giants which should happen, and then lose in Washington on a short week to a pissed off Redskins team who just lost to the Rams. That would put the Browns at 1-5 and virtually 5 games behind the Steelers since they lost the head to head tiebraker. The Ravens should they lose to Miami and drop to 2-4 they would be virtually 4 games behind the Steelers since they as well already lost the head to head tiebraker. If the Ravens and Browns fall 3-4 games back of the Steelers in the loss column this early in the season you can pretty much forget about either of them having any chance to catch the Steelers. Both of them MUST win next week to keep any chance alive they have to catch the Steelers in the AFC North.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-13-2008, 03:12 PM
Remember we're talking about a Steeler team that for some stupid reason always seems to allow themselves to get into a dogfight at the end of the year so I'm hoping Tomlin's 2nd year makes him a more wise coach in getting this team prepared for the long haul. I don't think we have to worry about this team not having anything to play for because our schedule is brutal so even if we essentially sew up the division by the first week in December we'll still be battle tested and have to be on our toes to get the best seed possible.

We all know how things can go south in a heartbeat in the NFL but one has to really feel at this point the Steelers are in as good a shape as you could ask for in mid October and that's definitely worthy of excitement :towelwave:

ejsteeler
10-13-2008, 03:14 PM
Remember we're talking about a Steeler team that for some stupid reason always seems to allow themselves to get into a dogfight at the end of the year so I'm hoping Tomlin's 2nd year makes him a more wise coach in getting this team prepared for the long haul. I don't think we have to worry about this team not having anything to play for because our schedule is brutal so even if we essentially sew up the division by the first week in December we'll still be battle tested and have to be on our toes to get the best seed possible.

We all know how things can go south in a heartbeat in the NFL but one has to really feel at this point the Steelers are in as good a shape as you could ask for in mid October and that's definitely worthy of excitement :towelwave:

You are right on the nose......but just a Steeler game itself is worthy of excitement to me...:grin1:

Dean Denton
10-13-2008, 05:10 PM
Yeah, lets hope Parker can finish out the year. I really think the AFC is ours to lose. I know its only one game, but the Colts looked to be back to form, so they could give us fits, but I think we beat everyone else. The AFCN all play the same teams we do for the most part, and we should be able to strap down our division.
The Game I want us to win the most is the Giants. I just had a huge fight with my friend over Ben VS Eli, and I'm sick of his mouth. I had to run his *** out the other day because he wouldn't shut up. funny thing, once he left the Steelers came back and beat the Ravens. I think he was bringing me down. Please beat the Giants, I need this one. I dont want to have to move away....lol

Stairwayto7
10-13-2008, 05:29 PM
Unfortunatley we play down to our opponent. So before we write the browns off, lets let them lose first. Will they lose, they should, but there have been many upsets so far this season

Dean Denton
10-13-2008, 05:37 PM
Unfortunatley we play down to our opponent. So before we write the browns off, lets let them lose first. Will they lose, they should, but there have been many upsets so far this season To tell you the truth I hope the Browns beat the shiat out of the Giants. 1, I'm not worried about the Browns over taking the AFCN from us, and 2, It will show that we are not in a soft division, and the Giants have just been beating up weak *** teams. Look how close the Bungles played them in NY. I like the Browns chances tonight, and will be laughing if Eli throws a couple picks. I hate the NFC almost as much as the Patriots.

Stlrs4Life
10-13-2008, 05:45 PM
Man, this is the NFL, fortunately, the stains can pull it off. I didn't think the Cardinalds would beat Dallas yesterday.

Dean Denton
10-13-2008, 05:56 PM
Man, this is the NFL, fortunately, the stains can pull it off. I didn't think the Cardinalds would beat Dallas yesterday.

I do my picks on ESPN, and I took the Cardinals. Ken was 8-2 at home, now 9-2. He gets that team ready to play at home. There trying to be Pittsburgh West. Plus, the way the Cowboys have played the last couple weeks I didn't think they could win on the road. hahaha, with Romo out 4-6 weeks, maybe they will start to play better.

Troyisabeast_43
10-13-2008, 05:59 PM
To tell you the truth I hope the Browns beat the shiat out of the Giants. 1, I'm not worried about the Browns over taking the AFCN from us, and 2, It will show that we are not in a soft division, and the Giants have just been beating up weak *** teams. Look how close the Bungles played them in NY. I like the Browns chances tonight, and will be laughing if Eli throws a couple picks. I hate the NFC almost as much as the Patriots.

I think the Browns will play hard tonight and make it a pretty good game but in the end it just will not be enough to slow down Jacobs and shut down Eli Manning enough to win. Plus, Winslow is out as well for the Browns which is a big big loss for them and will effect their passing game.

BlackGold4vr
10-13-2008, 06:07 PM
I think the Browns will play hard tonight and make it a pretty good game but in the end it just will not be enough to slow down Jacobs and shut down Eli Manning enough to win. Plus, Winslow is out as well for the Browns which is a big big loss for them and will effect their passing game.

Not to mention that Derek Anderson is not playing like he did last year. Perhaps his first year was a fluke or maybe teams have just figured out his weaknesses and are adjusting to exploit them. I don't know but I do know they are not playing up to expectations. Remember that most pundits picked the Stains to win our division. I believe they will lose big tonight! The Giants have been playing some of the best ball in the league. Even if the Stains offense is able to put up some points, their defense has not shown the ability to stop anybody. :tt02:

Dean Denton
10-13-2008, 06:20 PM
Not to mention that Derek Anderson is not playing like he did last year. Perhaps his first year was a fluke or maybe teams have just figured out his weaknesses and are adjusting to exploit them. I don't know but I do know they are not playing up to expectations. Remember that most pundits picked the Stains to win our division. I believe they will lose big tonight! The Giants have been playing some of the best ball in the league. Even if the Stains offense is able to put up some points, their defense has not shown the ability to stop anybody. :tt02: See, now your doing it too. Lets us plays the the Seahawks and the Rams and I bet we would be playing good football too. Besides the skins the Giants opp win lose is like 2-15 or something like that, and the Rams just got their first win yesterday. I'm telling you they are not that good. Well, maybe they are, but how can you tell by them beating up the worst teams in the league? Sorry, if we played the Seahawks and the Rams it would be like 86-10 in points scored and allowed for both games.

BlackGold4vr
10-13-2008, 06:40 PM
See, now your doing it too. Lets us plays the the Seahawks and the Rams and I bet we would be playing good football too. Besides the skins the Giants opp win lose is like 2-15 or something like that, and the Rams just got their first win yesterday. I'm telling you they are not that good. Well, maybe they are, but how can you tell by them beating up the worst teams in the league? Sorry, if we played the Seahawks and the Rams it would be like 86-10 in points scored and allowed for both games.

The Giants are the hottest team in the NFL. When you count the win streak they went on to end the year last year they own the current longest winning streak in the NFL (8 games). If they aren't the hottest, who is? Perhaps they haven't played a tough schedule but they are blowing out those bad teams and not playing down to their level. The point differential between them and their opponents is the largest in the league (78 points). I know the saying, "On any given Sunday, blah blah blah blah"! It aint gonna happen tonight folks. The Giants are just in another league than the Shitstains.

Dean Denton
10-13-2008, 06:51 PM
The Giants are the hottest team in the NFL. When you count the win streak they went on to end the year last year they own the current longest winning streak in the NFL (8 games). If they aren't the hottest, who is? Perhaps they haven't played a tough schedule but they are blowing out those bad teams and not playing down to their level. The point differential between them and their opponents is the largest in the league (78 points). I know the saying, "On any given Sunday, blah blah blah blah"! It aint gonna happen tonight folks. The Giants are just in another league than the shiatstains. Good for them. But as a fan of the sport you can toss the numbers out the window because beating up crappy teams does nothing for you. Ask the Seahawks who made it to a Superbowl beating the worst team in the league that year. I can tell you right now the Titans are a better football team than the Giants. So are the Bills, and so are the Steelers. I would put money on the Jags and Colts to beat them down too. Last year, and points dont mean anything. what kind of streak did the Pats have?....lol

BlackGold4vr
10-13-2008, 07:29 PM
Good for them. But as a fan of the sport you can toss the numbers out the window because beating up crappy teams does nothing for you. Ask the Seahawks who made it to a Superbowl beating the worst team in the league that year. I can tell you right now the Titans are a better football team than the Giants. So are the Bills, and so are the Steelers. I would put money on the Jags and Colts to beat them down too. Last year, and points dont mean anything. what kind of streak did the Pats have?....lol

Team defense

Giants - 3rd
Browns - 14th

Team offense

Giants - 1st (first)
Browns - 32nd (last)

Ouch! :clap:

Dean Denton
10-13-2008, 07:53 PM
Again, look at who the Giants have played. The Giants are a good team beating up on the worst teams in the league. Its not hard to run up the score against Seattle at home. Buffalo did it too. And what team other than the Skins didn't put a 40 burger on the Rams? Didn't the Bungles take the Giants into OT? Trust me, they are over-rated, and will get blasted by the Steelers. Eli could be limping off the field at some point in that game.

BlackGold4vr
10-13-2008, 07:56 PM
I guess all that is left are the "I told you so's" after the game! :hilarious:

BlitzburghRockCity
10-13-2008, 08:07 PM
Unfortunatley we play down to our opponent. So before we write the browns off, lets let them lose first. Will they lose, they should, but there have been many upsets so far this season

That's what I've been waiting to see and this week especially..in the past we've always played down to our opponents and given the desperation of all 3 AFCN foes you just cannot afford to do that. The good teams beat who they're supposed to beat and win the majority of the tough games..that what we have to aim for.

Dean Denton
10-13-2008, 08:14 PM
Eli can kiss my ***. I hope the Browns beat him up. He's never missed a game because of an innjury, has he? I hope the Browns shut my friends mouth tonight. Dont forget, there still the Browns, and will lose to us if we still need to play out starters at the end of the year.

BlackGold4vr
10-13-2008, 08:15 PM
I want to predict that by the time we play the shitstains again that Brady Quinn will be the starter. Romeo will have to make the move after their hopes of the playoffs slip into the abyss. :yesnod:

BlitzburghRockCity
10-13-2008, 08:20 PM
The Bengals are already out of playoff contention for all intents and purposes and can only hope to play spoiler come December. The Browns will win some games but there is no way on this earth we want to the Browns to win tonight or any other night, we need to keep this distance between us and the rest of the AFCN.

Dean Denton
10-13-2008, 08:21 PM
I want to predict that by the time we play the shiatstains again that Brady Quinn will be the starter. Romeo will have to make the move after their hopes of the playoffs slip into the abyss. :yesnod: I think you could be right. worst case, let Brady play LB...lol Dudes pretty ripped.

Troyisabeast_43
10-13-2008, 08:23 PM
Again, look at who the Giants have played. The Giants are a good team beating up on the worst teams in the league. Its not hard to run up the score against Seattle at home. Buffalo did it too. And what team other than the Skins didn't put a 40 burger on the Rams? Didn't the Bungles take the Giants into OT? Trust me, they are over-rated, and will get blasted by the Steelers. Eli could be limping off the field at some point in that game.

I agree with you that the Giants have not played anybody and they will not play anybody until the play the Steelers here in 13 days. They have the Browns tonight and the 49ers at home on Sunday which should put them at 6-0. We dont really know how good they are because they have not beaten anybody yet. They have beaten as you said the Redskins on opening night but struggled to do it only winning 16-7, the Bengals who have not won a game yet, the Rams who won yesterday against Washington whom the Giants struggled to beat 16-7 opening night as I just mentioned. They beat Seattle who's only win so far this season was against the Rams, and they are going to beat the Browns tonight who's only win is against Cincy who hasnt won a game yet, and San Francisco who's 2 wins are against Seattle who's only win again was against the Rams,and the Lions who have not won a game yet. So when you look at what I just wrote there I will agree with you Dean that the Giants have not proven anything yet, and we wont know how good they are until they come into Heinz Field in 13 short days and get tested by a pretty good Steelers team for the first time all season.

Dean Denton
10-13-2008, 08:31 PM
The Bengals are already out of playoff contention for all intents and purposes and can only hope to play spoiler come December. The Browns will win some games but there is no way on this earth we want to the Browns to win tonight or any other night, we need to keep this distance between us and the rest of the AFCN.

I wouldn't worry to much about that. I think the Browns and the Bungles are finished. Now the Ravens, thats another story. They have a great Def, and can spoil any team on any Sunday. We just need to worry about them. Even if the Browns win tonight, which the wont, they cant turn around their crappy play. I think they are just too sorry of a team. They are going to underachieve for the rest of the season, and thats Browns Football...

BlackGold4vr
10-13-2008, 08:34 PM
I have a problem looking at the rest of the Browns schedule and finding 7 more wins. They are a 7-9 or a 6-10 team at best. The playoffs are not in their future. Last year they benefitted from a last place teams schedule the year before. There is a reason they got Joe Thomas and Brady Quinn in the first round 2 seasons ago. :yesnod:

BlitzburghRockCity
10-13-2008, 08:37 PM
As the year goes on Flacco will get alittle better but teams are going to throw everything they can at him to rattle him and so far it's working..their defense will keep them in the majority of their games but they can't score enough points to overcome anything more than a 10-14 point deficit at any given time in a game.

I just hate looking past anyone, it's bit us in the butt so many times in the past that until we change it I'm not totally convinced..LOL

BlackGold4vr
10-13-2008, 08:40 PM
I wouldn't worry to much about that. I think the Browns and the Bungles are finished. Now the Ravens, thats another story. They have a great Def, and can spoil any team on any Sunday. We just need to worry about them. Even if the Browns win tonight, which the wont, they cant turn around their crappy play. I think they are just too sorry of a team. They are going to underachieve for the rest of the season, and thats Browns Football...

:plus1:

Imagine if Brett Favre was with the Ravens? They would be dangerous! Joe Flacco will be good in a year or two but I believe he will hit the proverbial rookie wall this season and will struggle to close out the season strong. :banging:

Troyisabeast_43
10-13-2008, 08:43 PM

The Ravens I believe next Sunday as I stated on here before face a MUST win game down in Miami against the Dolphins. I say this because should the Steelers beat Cincy which they are going to do and move to 5-1, if the Ravens dont beat the Dolphins next week that drops them to 2-4 and virtually 4 games behind the Steelers in the standings since they already lost the head to head tiebraker to the Steelers losing to them on Monday night a few weeks ago. The Ravens just cannot afford to fall that far behind this Steelers team as good as they are and expect to catch up it just isnt going to happen. The Dolphins will be no easy game either for the Ravens. The Dolphins have beaten the Pats and Chargers and run that wildcat offense which can really keep teams off balance. Plus, they play well at home too so by no means will it be a gimmie game for the Baltimore Ravens down in Miami on Sunday good defense or not.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-13-2008, 08:44 PM
All those years of the Ravens ignoring the offense and only concentrating on playing defense are catching up to them now more than ever. Flacco doesn't have many weapons, the running game is inconsistent, and he's going to take his lumps. That aging defense gets worn out quickly.

We're about as complete a team in the AFCN as their is right now in terms of balance in all 3 phases so let's keep it going.

Stairwayto7
10-13-2008, 10:51 PM
brownies up 17 -7 I tried to tell everyone, don`t count them out of this game. There getting healthy.

BlackGold4vr
10-13-2008, 11:42 PM
brownies up 17 -7 I tried to tell everyone, don`t count them out of this game. There getting healthy.

It aint over til its over but if the Brownies win, I like my humble pie with a cup of hot coffee. :coffee1:

Troyisabeast_43
10-14-2008, 12:06 AM

Boy you are certainly looking right tonight Dean the Browns with Derek Anderson are absolutely torching the Giants defense in this game it's not even a contest at this point. This still is pretty shocking to me that the Browns are up 13 and handling the Giants as easy as they have been.

Dean Denton
10-14-2008, 02:24 AM
Boy you are certainly looking right tonight Dean the Browns with Derek Anderson are absolutely torching the Giants defense in this game it's not even a contest at this point. This still is pretty shocking to me that the Browns are up 13 and handling the Giants as easy as they have been.hahaha, just like the Browns, the sun shines on a dogs *** once in a while. Sorry, but I never give credit to any team that beats up on the worst teams in the league for three weeks. Not even the Steelers. I live in Seattle and know that team lacks toughness, and heart. Plus they cant play on the East coast. Oh, and I hate Eli. My friend would not answer his phone when I called....hhmmm!!! Does he think I called to talk shiat? I would never do that...lol