PDA

View Full Version : This division race is pretty much over...

Troyisabeast_43
10-12-2008, 03:02 PM
I Dont know why anybody is so surprised about the Ravens losing this game I called this weeks ago and you just knew the Colts were not going to lose 3 games in a row at home they were due to win. The Ravens in my opinion now face a MUST win game week down in Miami. I say this because assuming the Steelers win in Cincy which they had better do and will, and the Ravens lose in Miami the Ravens would then be virtually 4 games behind the Steelers in the standings if you include the head to head tiebraker. If that should happen you can pretty much kiss this division race goodbye because the Ravens are proving even with their good defense that they are just not good enough with Flacco to win enough games this season. The Ravens chances of winning this division when poof like a fart in the wind early Tuesday morning on the Monday night game when Jeff Reed hit that FG to win the game for the Steelers in OT. Had the Ravens won that game it would have put them at 3-0 and the Steelers at 2-2 with the head to head tiebraker in hand as well beating the Steelers at home. It's pretty clear now looking ahead to the Ravens schedule and how they have now looked over the past few weeks compared to the Steelers that they are not a big threat at all to the Steelers in this division.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-12-2008, 04:17 PM
Nobody is surprised the Ravens lost this game, atleast they shouldn't be. The Colts just needed some time to get their offense rolling after a rough preseason with Manning being out and all the injured players starting to comeback now. The Ratbirds will take their lumps this year like any team does with a rookie QB. The Dolphins lost today in the last 5 seconds of the game when Houston scored but either way Miami is better than last year so the Ratbirds will have their hands full.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-12-2008, 04:33 PM
I had the Colts winning this game.....I don't think the Ratbirds are a play-off team at all.....I thought they were 6-7 win team tops...If the Steelers handle their business they could have the North locked up late October early November....Still a ton of football left....Hopefully the Steelers remain healthy and plus they do have some tough games coming up after the Bengals.....

Troyisabeast_43
10-12-2008, 05:03 PM
I had the Colts winning this game.....I don't think the Ratbirds are a play-off team at all.....I thought they were 6-7 win team tops...If the Steelers handle their business they could have the North locked up late October early November....Still a ton of football left....Hopefully the Steelers remain healthy and plus they do have some tough games coming up after the Bengals.....

If they can go 2-1 in their next 3 games and get to 6-2 going into that stretch of games where the Steelers play 3 in a row at home in November against the Colts,Chargers,and Bengals then they should pretty much realistically have this division locked down by then. I dont think it's asking a lot to go 2-1 in the next 3 games especially since you got Cincy who is winless and might not even have Palmer, you got the Giants but the game is here, and the Redskins on the road who all of a sudden after today dont look like world beaters anymore seeing that they lost to one of the worst teams in the league at home in the Rams.

Koopa
10-12-2008, 05:32 PM
lol @ you acting like you are some football god for calling the obvious weeks ago...... and where is there anyone saying they are surprised the ravens lost???

the division is a lock, we are in the weakest division in probably all sports, so we are pretty much a lock for another first round exit cause we ain't a legit team, we are just surrounded by garbage *** teams that it makes us look good.......

Steelerlyn
10-12-2008, 05:45 PM
lol @ you acting like you are some football god for calling the obvious weeks ago...... and where is there anyone saying they are surprised the ravens lost???

the division is a lock, we are in the weakest division in probably all sports, so we are pretty much a lock for another first round exit cause we ain't a legit team, we are just surrounded by garbage *** teams that it makes us look good.......

I do agree with that part:)

TEEMONT
10-12-2008, 05:46 PM

To say we aren't a legit team right now is just idiotic. I know you take pride in being a "glass if half-empty" type guy, but it's just getting old and played out.

The Steelers have done some good things this year so far, and are easily a top 5 team. They made enough adjustments to beat a team that beat them at home twice last year. And they beat them in Jax. The Steelers have had quite a few injuries, the mjority of those players will be back in a few weeks. So they are going to do nothing but get better.

Simmons being out helped them a ton, and the line looks a lot better then it did with him playing half-assed.

The Steelers have a very good chance to make a good run in the playoffs. The real test is what they do against the rest of the NFC East teams. Right now they are 0-1, if they can beat the Skins, then I will feel really good about their chances.

Troyisabeast_43
10-12-2008, 05:52 PM

Who else is as legit as the Steelers in the AFC right now that has the kind of balance they have on offense and defense that you are scared of?? The Titans with Kerry Collins the loser who has never won nothing?? Buffalo with a inexperienced QB in Trent Edwards?? Denver who cant play defense to save their lives and give up 1000 points a game?? New England with Matt Cassel at QB??

BlitzburghNation
10-12-2008, 05:58 PM

Always amazes me when a so-called STEELER fan puts down this team,,,,,,,,:evilshake:
Maybe you like ----:stirpot:

Agree with alot of what T said,,,,,,,Just because the rest of our division sucks :moon: Doesn't mean we do and just like T said,we should get better as the season progresses.

If this team pisses you off so bad,then why the hell do you even have them as your team,,,,,,If i had to always bitch and moan about my team,i think i'd just quit watching them,maybe it's a maturity thing :lol:

Weakest Division,,,,,,,,Might wanna look at the NFC west,that division had been sucking for years :lol:

TEEMONT
10-12-2008, 06:03 PM
Always amazes me when a so-called STEELER fan puts down this team,,,,,,,,:evilshake:
Maybe you like ----:stirpot:

Agree with alot of what T said,,,,,,,Just because the rest of our division sucks :moon: Doesn't mean we do and just like T said,we should get better as the season progresses.

If this team pisses you off so bad,then why the hell do you even have them as your team,,,,,,If i had to always bitch and moan about my team,i think i'd just quit watching them,maybe it's a maturity thing :lol:

Weakest Division,,,,,,,,Might wanna look at the NFC west,that division had been sucking for years :lol:

I don't mind people busting balls when it is called for, but Koopa likes to **** and moan about the Steelers all the time, mainly for two reasons. They aren't the Spurs, and they aren't the Texas Longhorns.

I get it, I really do, but it gets old.

It's a very young season, and each week the Steelers are addressing weaknesses, even while losing people to injury. This team will be playing some games in January, and I'll mkae sure I quote what Koop said then.

Stlrs4Life
10-12-2008, 06:20 PM
Too early to cll yet. I believe we do take the division, but will not say it's a lock.

Koopa
10-12-2008, 06:48 PM
I don't mind people busting balls when it is called for, but Koopa likes to **** and moan about the Steelers all the time, mainly for two reasons. They aren't the Spurs, and they aren't the Texas Longhorns.

It's a very young season, and each week the Steelers are addressing weaknesses, even while losing people to injury. This team will be playing some games in January, and I'll mkae sure I quote what Koop said then.

i talk the same amount of **** about spurs and longhorns.........

TEEMONT
10-12-2008, 06:50 PM
i talk the same amount of shiat about spurs and longhorns.........

sure ya do

BlitzburghRockCity
10-12-2008, 07:42 PM
Nothing is a lock yet in any division in the NFL right now; although if there was a team that had the best chance to lock up the division early it would be us. The AFCN is the weakest division in the NFL, I think we can all pretty much agree with that. The Bengals are once against vastly underachieving and making key mistakes at the wrong time, the Ratbird defense is old and while they are still good any solid offense can take them behind the woodshed. Flacco is doing what most young QB's do when put on the spot, making mistakes and learning as he goes. The Browns are such a disfunctional unit they can't get anything together even with talent they have around them.

Right now we are clearly the front runner but our schedule is tough and I want to see how we do in the coming weeks before we decide on anything. I do like our chances though, in a real big way. I have no problems with our defense at all, we're starting to get healthy now with Keisel most likely back, Hampton should be back, etc. On offense it all comes down to how much Tomlin hands the reigns over to Ben for good.

Stairwayto7
10-12-2008, 07:48 PM
We have a tough stretch coming up, what we cannot afford is a loss against cinci

SteelfordWexler
10-12-2008, 08:28 PM
..., so we are pretty much a lock for another first round exit cause we ain't a legit team, we are just surrounded by garbage *** teams that it makes us look good.......

I agree that we aren't a legit team yet. But we've a couple of bad football games so far and we are 4-1.

Teams that win championships peak at the right time - who thought the Giants could win at this point last year? If we continue to improve week to week, we could be really good come playoff time. I'm pretty sure we haven't peaked yet.

SteelerSal
10-12-2008, 08:39 PM
I agree that we aren't a legit team yet. But we've a couple of bad football games so far and we are 4-1.

Teams that win championships peak at the right time - who thought the Giants could win at this point last year? If we continue to improve week to week, we could be really good come playoff time. I'm pretty sure we haven't peaked yet.

:plus1: The team has yet to have the same players(because of injuries) week to week to gel together and still managed to be 4-1 at the bye. Get healthy and consistantly field the same players every week and this team will beat the teams that we were not suppose to, when the schedule first came out.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-12-2008, 09:00 PM
If they can go 2-1 in their next 3 games and get to 6-2 going into that stretch of games where the Steelers play 3 in a row at home in November against the Colts,Chargers,and Bengals then they should pretty much realistically have this division locked down by then. I dont think it's asking a lot to go 2-1 in the next 3 games especially since you got Cincy who is winless and might not even have Palmer, you got the Giants but the game is here, and the Redskins on the road who all of a sudden after today dont look like world beaters anymore seeing that they lost to one of the worst teams in the league at home in the Rams.

This is the NFL and its unpredictable week in and week out...Just like you mentioned the Rams who were 0-4 entering today beat a good Redskins teams in Washington....That is why I'm just pointing out if the Steelers handle their business then they could lock this division soon....Hopefully the offense is on track for the rest of the season if so then I think there isn't many teams that can beat the Steelers in the AFC...I will never count out the Colts though with Peyton under center....If things shake out like I think they will then I think it will be the Colts and Steelers in the AFC title game....But like I said this is the NFL and things hardly shake out like I think they will....lol

My only thoughts are on the Bengals....I don't like looking ahead....

BlitzburghRockCity
10-12-2008, 09:05 PM
You have to think the Bengals are going to win some games this year, they aren't going to go 0-16, and the Browns will win some as well at some point, etc. What we need to do is keep our lead in the AFCN so in case we stumble we aren't starring down the face of a do or die situation to make the playoffs like last year. If we take care of business we will be the most battle tested team in the NFL hands down.

Zachintosh66
10-12-2008, 09:09 PM
We def got a leg up... but We got a long road ahead of us. Hopefully we can get and stay healthy!

SteelerSal
10-12-2008, 09:11 PM
You have to think the Bengals are going to win some games this year, they aren't going to go 0-16, and the Browns will win some as well at some point, etc. What we need to do is keep our lead in the AFCN so in case we stumble we aren't starring down the face of a do or die situation to make the playoffs like last year. If we take care of business we will be the most battle tested team in the NFL hands down.

Why not?:grin1:

I agree with the rest of what you posted. The Steelers are now in control of their division destiny.

Troyisabeast_43
10-12-2008, 10:59 PM

The Browns and Bengals are both going to win some games but not enough to make them be a legit threat in this division at this point and time. As I pointed out I really believe that the Ravens MUST win in Miami next week, and stay at the very least 2 games behind the Steelers since they lost the tiebraker already to have any real chance to catch the Steelers. Should the Steelers beat Cincy and go to 5-1 which is going to happen barring a complete collapse, and the Ravens lose to the Dolphins next week and drop to 2-4 and 3 games back with the tiebraker in hand it will just be way too much for the Ravens to overcome.

DanRooney
10-12-2008, 11:25 PM

Yeah man our division can't compare with the NFC East. I mean the Cowboys and Giants slaughtered the Bengals. Did you see those games?! And this week Romo and company manhandled the Cardinals:banana:. Game wasn't even close. And the Redskins truly showed they are for real this week their blowout of the winless Rams :lol:.

Quit jumping on the NFC East bandwagon. Many games left to be played.

Koopa
10-13-2008, 12:31 AM
Yeah man our division can't compare with the NFC East. I mean the Cowboys and Giants slaughtered the Bengals. Did you see those games?! And this week Romo and company manhandled the Cardinals:banana:. Game wasn't even close. And the Redskins truly showed they are for real this week their blowout of the winless Rams :lol:.

Quit jumping on the NFC East bandwagon. Many games left to be played.

where do you see me mentioning the nfc east you twat??

DanRooney
10-13-2008, 12:51 AM
where do you see me mentioning the nfc east you twat??

Oh already jumped off the bandwagon after one week :lol:

Troyisabeast_43
10-13-2008, 01:15 AM

Dont understand how he can also say how the Steelers are a lock for a first round exit when they play the toughest schedule in the league. Plus, they still have games left against the likes of the Giants,Redskins,Colts,Chargers,Pats,Cowboys,and Titans. The combined records of all of those teams after today and 6 weeks is 26-11 which is pretty damn good. If you think that is a weak schedule and the Steelers wont be battle tested by the December and going into the playoffs just because they are in a weak division then you pretty much need to have your head examined...

DanRooney
10-13-2008, 01:16 AM
Dont understand how he can also say how the Steelers are a lock for a first round exit when they play the toughest schedule in the league. Plus, they still have games left against the likes of the Giants,Redskins,Colts,Chargers,Pats,Cowboys,and Titans. If you think that is a weak schedule and the Steelers wont be battle tested by the December and going into the playoffs just because they are in a weak division then you pretty much need to have your head examined...

:plus1:

Koopa
10-13-2008, 02:07 AM
no gravity, you are a ****tard......

but troy you are right, i didn't think of the whole afc, i was just thinking about how ****** our division is so of course we win it....... but looking at the other teams it doesn't get any better, titans ain't ****, eventually they'll put in weak minded young cause they are paying him to much to be on the sideline and collins will eventually start to suck......... bills ain't ****......... colts ain't ****......... so i guess we do have a legit shot at making a run.......... but first i gotta see how we play against the nfc to believe we have a real shot at winning it all....... yeah we lost to the eagles, but that was a coaching failure.......hopefully tomlin finally realizes that ben needs full control for us to win it all

and tee i hate you lol (remember lol means i'm kidding)

DanRooney
10-13-2008, 02:54 AM

but troy you are right, i didn't think of the whole afc, i was just thinking about how shiatty our division is so of course we win it....... but looking at the other teams it doesn't get any better, titans ain't shiat, eventually they'll put in weak minded young cause they are paying him to much to be on the sideline and collins will eventually start to suck......... bills ain't shiat......... colts ain't shiat......... so i guess we do have a legit shot at making a run.......... but first i gotta see how we play against the nfc to believe we have a real shot at winning it all....... yeah we lost to the eagles, but that was a coaching failure.......hopefully tomlin finally realizes that ben needs full control for us to win it all

Yeah, at least I write coherent paragraphs. Nobody understands what the **** you just wrote. :clap:

Stairwayto7
10-13-2008, 07:07 AM
It is nice to pick up a half game on cinci and balt. without playing, and now for today, go giants

TEEMONT
10-13-2008, 10:44 AM

but troy you are right, i didn't think of the whole afc, i was just thinking about how shiatty our division is so of course we win it....... but looking at the other teams it doesn't get any better, titans ain't shiat, eventually they'll put in weak minded young cause they are paying him to much to be on the sideline and collins will eventually start to suck......... bills ain't shiat......... colts ain't shiat......... so i guess we do have a legit shot at making a run.......... but first i gotta see how we play against the nfc to believe we have a real shot at winning it all....... yeah we lost to the eagles, but that was a coaching failure.......hopefully tomlin finally realizes that ben needs full control for us to win it all

lol....you know I love you...

See here is how I really think about this season. The dominant teams were supposed to be the Cowboys and the Pats. Well the Pats aren't going to do anything w/o Brady (although they will still probably beat us lol) and the boys are 3-2 now, and lets be serious, they lost to the Cardinals yesterday.

The Giants are still looking solid, but we will see how we stack up to them tonight when they play the turds. I have a feeling the cleve will give them a game, a lot of guys on that team are going to be playing for jobs.

I know its hard to sit here and say our team is looking good after a loss like we had in Philly. We should be undeafeated, but our O-line imploded in that game. Our Defense is good enough to keep us in this season now matter how badly our line plays. However our line looked pretty good against a solid Jax defense, which gives me hope. Stapleton played a ****ing game, and Hartwig, well he is slowly becoming a Steelers center.

I still hate that we are paying Max Starks so much money. I like the dude, I met him on a deployment a few years ago. He is a nice dude, who loves to talk football, but he wasn't worth this money when he was starting. He has the easiest job in America right now.

I do agree, I would love to see more of Timmons, but it might be a gamble, I would say wait until Foote plays like he needs replaced. Foote is balli n' right now and he is a smart player.

Sweed needs to see the ****ing field, nuff said.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-13-2008, 04:14 PM
Do not count the Colts out yet, they are just now getting healthy and finding their stride so I expect them to be pretty tough as the year goes on. Their defense might not be as good last year but they still have the weapons to score on offense almost at will.

Had we beaten the Eagles who were hot at the time then I'd really be tooting our horn probably a lot more but considering their defense and how we didn't handle them on our line that worries me. Hopefully Stapleton continues to improve and they get better and better but I want to see them against a quality pass rush again before we start really calling this team a legit contender for anything other than the division. The Jags D is good against the run so I give our boys credit for playing well against them but their secondary was banged up so it wasn't hard to go after them. Broncos can't stop anyone but they can score like crazy, the Chargers are dangerous so we have competition but if we do what we're capable of we can play with any of them.

Stairwayto7
10-13-2008, 04:28 PM
I wouldn`t count anybody out yet, Hell we`ve haven`t played GREAT, we played well against a so-so Jaxs team, so I think some here are getting a little ahead of themselves

Dean Denton
10-13-2008, 04:46 PM
I wouldn`t count anybody out yet, Hell we`ve haven`t played GREAT, we played well against a so-so Jaxs team, so I think some here are getting a little ahead of themselves
I know anything can happen but we are clearly the better team in our division. This doesn't mean that we cant take a massive hit with injuries and lose out, but looking at this team, they look to be getting better with each game. We knew when the season started that we weren't going 16-0, so losing a few games isn't going to slow this team down. We will finish strong this year, and this team is more than good enough to bring home a sixth ring. Its not how you start, but how you finish. And you all have to be feeling the same way I am after watching this team rally and win in Jax last week. That was big for us, and I look forward to this so called first place schedule we have this year.

Stairwayto7
10-13-2008, 09:54 PM
I know anything can happen but we are clearly the better team in our division. This doesn't mean that we cant take a massive hit with injuries and lose out, but looking at this team, they look to be getting better with each game. We knew when the season started that we weren't going 16-0, so losing a few games isn't going to slow this team down. We will finish strong this year, and this team is more than good enough to bring home a sixth ring. Its not how you start, but how you finish. And you all have to be feeling the same way I am after watching this team rally and win in Jax last week. That was big for us, and I look forward to this so called first place schedule we have this year.

I hate the friggin brownies, but they are getting healthy, and they are handling the giants tonight, alot of people here are count us as AFCN champs already

Troyisabeast_43
10-13-2008, 10:39 PM
I hate the friggin brownies, but they are getting healthy, and they are handling the giants tonight, alot of people here are count us as AFCN champs already

This game still isnt over yet it's only 20-14 Browns early in the 3rd quarter. I knew the Browns were going to come out tonight and play well because they had the bye week last week and had 2 weeks to get ready for this game. Plus, they know there season is close to being on the line tonight and they cannot afford to lose this game and drop to 1-4 and fall 3 games back of the Steelers in the division while already losing the tiebraker as well which really makes them 4 games back of the Steelers. I still think they will find a way to lose this game but we shall see...

Black@Gold Forever32
10-13-2008, 11:21 PM
The Browns have looked very good tonight...Who knows they could go on a winning streak now....That is why its always to early to say the division is pretty much locked up....If the Browns win four in a row and the Steelers go 2-2 in their next four then the division race will get interesting....

K Train
10-13-2008, 11:29 PM
the giants are nobodies....they looked good against the rams and the seahawks....wow thats impressive. I dont buy it, that division is so overrated its not funny, this isnt the browns being great this is the giants showing what they are.

BlitzburghNation
10-13-2008, 11:30 PM
:evilshake: Manning with a 3rd pick and this one went for a TD,,,,,,,,:rant2:

Choking :moon: Giants :cursin: Wonder what sirius will be saying 2mrrw,,,,,,,http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s202/smostle/smileys/grr_Trebek.gif

Troyisabeast_43
10-13-2008, 11:32 PM
The Browns have looked very good tonight...Who knows they could go on a winning streak now....That is why its always to early to say the division is pretty much locked up....If the Browns win four in a row and the Steelers go 2-2 in their next four then the division race will get interesting....

It wont happen 32 dont worry the Browns shot their load tonight against the Giants. They have to go on the road the next 2 weeks and play the Redskins and Jags. Both of those teams just like the Browns are going to need to win those games just as much if not more so then the Browns will plus these games will be on the road for the Browns they wont have homefield advantage like tonight. This is a nice win for the Browns they look very good and are now 2-3 but it wont mean anything if they lose Sunday in Washington and fall to 2-4 and the Steelers beat the Bengals and move to 5-1.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-13-2008, 11:36 PM
the giants are nobodies....they looked good against the rams and the seahawks....wow thats impressive. I dont buy it, that division is so overrated its not funny, this isnt the browns being great this is the giants showing what they are.

Ok who exactly have the Steelers beaten Train?.....lol For real more and more you sound like a complete homer lately.....Take your Steelers colored glasses off.....At least the Browns have beaten an undefeated team and the defending Super Bowl champs....While the Steelers most impressive win was against the Jags in Jacksonville.....Which was nice don't get me wrong....But don't go knocking the Giants for beating cup cakes when we exactly haven't played anybody really worth a damn yet....

K Train
10-13-2008, 11:39 PM
they didnt look very good, they looked ok...giants combined opponent record was like 6-16 and 4 of those belong to the skins....thats how bad the teams they played have been...this is what the giants are

Black@Gold Forever32
10-13-2008, 11:40 PM
It wont happen 32 dont worry the Browns shot their load tonight against the Giants. They have to go on the road the next 2 weeks and play the Redskins and Jags. Both of those teams just like the Browns are going to need to win those games just as much if not more so then the Browns will plus these games will be on the road for the Browns they wont have homefield advantage like tonight. This is a nice win for the Browns they look very good and are now 2-3 but it wont mean anything if they lose Sunday in Washington and fall to 2-4 and the Steelers beat the Bengals and move to 5-1.

Dude you honestly can't say it won't happen.....I know you watch football and you pay attention.....But the NFL is so unpredictable week in and week out that we don't know whats going to happen....That is what makes the NFL great.....I'm just saying that is why I take the one game at a time approach...Just when you think you have this league figured out.....A game like this happens....I thought the Browns would get destroyed tonight since maybe some doubt was starting to creep in for them....But whatever you want to say about them they did make a statement tonight that they're not going down without a fight....

Who knows maybe Anderson plays like complete poo next week and so on.....Just saying the Browns are not dead yet like we thought they were....Its a crazy league and a crazy season.....

K Train
10-13-2008, 11:42 PM
Ok who exactly have the Steelers beaten Train?.....lol For real more and more you sound like a complete homer lately.....Take your Steelers colored glasses off.....At least the Browns have beaten an undefeated team and the defending Super Bowl champs....While the Steelers most impressive win was against the Jags in Jacksonville.....Which was nice don't get me wrong....But don't go knocking the Giants for beating cup cakes when we exactly haven't played anybody really worth a damn yet....

haha thats funny, considering i never mentioned the steelers in that post...i never said we were anything special at all....were not, i know were better than the browns and the browns are awful....im sticking to the browns losing 10 games this year. The giants are nothing special...3 picks from eli, one for a TD....thats him in a nutshell, it always has been, yeah they beat the mighty pats but come on...thats what eli is

Black@Gold Forever32
10-14-2008, 12:05 AM
they didnt look very good, they looked ok...giants combined opponent record was like 6-16 and 4 of those belong to the skins....thats how bad the teams they played have been...this is what the giants are

The Steelers have beaten the

1-4 Texans
2-4 Browns
2-3 Ravens
3-3 Jags

Not exactly the cream of the crop of the NFL there either.....Teams don't make their schedules they can only play the teams that are them.....

--- Added 13/10/2008 at 10:47 PM ---

haha thats funny, considering i never mentioned the steelers in that post...i never said we were anything special at all....were not, i know were better than the browns and the browns are awful....im sticking to the browns losing 10 games this year. The giants are nothing special...3 picks from eli, one for a TD....thats him in a nutshell, it always has been, yeah they beat the mighty pats but come on...thats what eli is

Eli had a bad game....It happens....

I also think the Browns are 7-8 win tops....But I thought they wouldn't win tonight and maybe they would start to give up.....Losing teams do that....But they played a good football game and beat a good football team....

--- Added 10/13/2008 at 11:05 PM ---

One point to make here while Ktrain wants to knock the Giants.......There isn't any elite teams in the NFL at the moment....Parity is in full effect.....Which is the point I'm trying to make.....This league is so wide open that anything can happen....Any team can beat any team on any given Sunday......Not much separating the top teams from the bottom teams in the NFL right now.....Basically the Lions and the Bengals with Fitzpatrick are out if......If a team like the Browns gets a hot then they could make a run....Do I think it will happen....No I don't but just saying the NFL is as wide open as its ever been with Tom Brady out.....

The Steelers remain healthy and keep Ben upright then they have as good as shot as anyone.....

Troyisabeast_43
10-14-2008, 12:13 AM
Dude you honestly can't say it won't happen.....I know you watch football and you pay attention.....But the NFL is so unpredictable week in and week out that we don't know whats going to happen....That is what makes the NFL great.....I'm just saying that is why I take the one game at a time approach...Just when you think you have this league figured out.....A game like this happens....I thought the Browns would get destroyed tonight since maybe some doubt was starting to creep in for them....But whatever you want to say about them they did make a statement tonight that they're not going down without a fight....

Who knows maybe Anderson plays like complete poo next week and so on.....Just saying the Browns are not dead yet like we thought they were....Its a crazy league and a crazy season.....

I agree they did play a helluva game and make a statement that they wont go down without a fight. But did you see how the Browns players were reacting after they won the game?? They acted like they just won the Super Bowl and just because they won this game that everything is going to be all smooth and stuff now. I noticed that reaction out of Anderson and Braylon Edwards when they left the field. This Browns team still doesnt know how to handle success, and mark my words they will go down to Washington on Sunday to play a pissed off Redskins team who just lost to the Rams and lose and this win tonight over the Giants wont mean ****.

--- Added 10/13/2008 at 11:13 PM ---

The Steelers have beaten the

1-4 Texans
2-4 Browns
2-3 Ravens
3-3 Jags

Not exactly the cream of the crop of the NFL there either.....Teams don't make their schedules they can only play the teams that are them.....

--- Added 13/10/2008 at 10:47 PM ---

Eli had a bad game....It happens....

I also think the Browns are 7-8 win tops....But I thought they wouldn't win tonight and maybe they would start to give up.....Losing teams do that....But they played a good football game and beat a good football team....

--- Added 10/13/2008 at 11:05 PM ---

One point to make here while Ktrain wants to knock the Giants.......There isn't any elite teams in the NFL at the moment....Parity is in full effect.....Which is the point I'm trying to make.....This league is so wide open that anything can happen....Any team can beat any team on any given Sunday......Not much separating the top teams from the bottom teams in the NFL right now.....Basically the Lions and the Bengals with Fitzpatrick are out if......If a team like the Browns gets a hot then they could make a run....Do I think it will happen....No I don't but just saying the NFL is as wide open as its ever been with Tom Brady out.....

The Steelers remain healthy and keep Ben upright then they have as good as shot as anyone.....

Makes you wonder if the Browns can do that to the Giants and smack them around as bad as they did tonight, then what will a team like the Steelers be able to do to them when they come here in less then 2 weeks.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-14-2008, 12:19 AM
I agree they did play a helluva game and make a statement that they wont go down without a fight. But did you see how the Browns players were reacting after they won the game?? They acted like they just won the Super Bowl and just because they won this game that everything is going to be all smooth and stuff now. I noticed that reaction out of Anderson and Braylon Edwards when they left the field. This Browns team still doesnt know how to handle success, and mark my words they will go down to Washington on Sunday to play a pissed off Redskins team who just lost to the Rams and lose and this win tonight over the Giants wont mean shiat.

Your probably right....I'm just saying right now you can't really count most teams out of it....Strange things happen on a regular basis anymore.....lol

If the Steelers handle their business it won't matter at all.....Which you know what that is what I like is the Steelers control their own destiny......Were the Browns will need help.....:yellowthumb:

I agree 100 percent the Brown don't know how to handle success......But it would have been nice to see them get their *** kicked tonight.....But games like tonight is why I love the NFL....When I think I have it figured out then a game like this happens...I even lost money on the Giants....:lol:

--- Added 10/13/2008 at 11:19 PM ---

I agree they did play a helluva game and make a statement that they wont go down without a fight. But did you see how the Browns players were reacting after they won the game?? They acted like they just won the Super Bowl and just because they won this game that everything is going to be all smooth and stuff now. I noticed that reaction out of Anderson and Braylon Edwards when they left the field. This Browns team still doesnt know how to handle success, and mark my words they will go down to Washington on Sunday to play a pissed off Redskins team who just lost to the Rams and lose and this win tonight over the Giants wont mean shiat.

--- Added 10/13/2008 at 11:13 PM ---

Makes you wonder if the Browns can do that to the Giants and smack them around as bad as they did tonight, then what will a team like the Steelers be able to do to them when they come here in less then 2 weeks.

Well the Giants could have just played a bad football game tonight to....I know Eli sure did....But again just cause the G-Men looked like **** tonight they could come out like the Super Bowl champs against us.....I don't expect the Giant team that showed up tonight to show up at Heinz Field.......I think we will see a much better Giants team....I like our chances don't get me wrong....But I think it will be a close game.....

Playing the Steelers always brings out the best in teams......

Troyisabeast_43
10-14-2008, 12:24 AM
Your probably right....I'm just saying right now you can't really count most teams out of it....Strange things happen on a regular basis anymore.....lol

If the Steelers handle their business it won't matter at all.....Which you know what that is what I like is the Steelers control their own destiny......Were the Browns will need help.....:yellowthumb:

I agree 100 percent the Brown don't know how to handle success......But it would have been nice to see them get their *** kicked tonight.....But games like tonight is why I love the NFL....When I think I have it figured out then a game like this happens...I even lost money on the Giants....:lol:

--- Added 10/13/2008 at 11:19 PM ---

Well the Giants could have just played a bad football game tonight to....I know Eli sure did....But again just cause the G-Men looked like shiat tonight they could come out like the Super Bowl champs against us.....I don't expect the Giant team that showed up tonight to show up at Heinz Field.......I think we will see a much better Giants team....I like our chances don't get me wrong....But I think it will be a close game.....

I agree it would have been nice to see them get spanked tonight but unfortunately it just didnt happen. But like I said it's only one game and it is what it is tonight and the Browns played a great game and that's why you play the game in the NFL because you never know. I agree as well that the Giants game here in 2 weeks will be much closer then this Browns win tonight, but I still like the Steelers to beat the Giants here at home.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-14-2008, 12:30 AM
I agree it would have been nice to see them get spanked tonight but unfortunately it just didnt happen. But like I said it's only one game and it is what it is tonight and the Browns played a great game and that's why you play the game in the NFL because you never know. I agree as well that the Giants game here in 2 weeks will be much closer then this Browns win tonight, but I still like the Steelers to beat the Giants here at home.

I like our chances to beat the Giants as well......But I do think they're still one of the better football teams in the NFL right now.....They are the defending champs....Eli played a poor game tonight and it killed them.....Eli is a better QB then what he looked tonight....

But Derek Anderson played well tonight and their defense made plays when they had to....I still think Derek Anderson isn't a 16 game starter in the NFL...He will have moments when he looks like a star QB but he will never be a consistent QB....I think he is a career backup that can come in a spot start due to injury for a game or two.....But like I said when I think I have think whole thing figured out then some curve balls happen.....lol

Gettysburgh_Steel
10-14-2008, 01:01 AM
We don't need some out of conference team to spank the Brown-eyes. We reserve that right for ourselves. We have done an exceptional job of it i might add. Any questions?:tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02:

SteelstanD
10-14-2008, 01:07 AM
Giants a better team no way...the giants have beaten the Rams, Bengals, Seahawks, The only decent team theyve beaten were the redskins, which is in there division so there suppose to win that game. they know the redskins, cowboys and eagles better then anyone but to lose against the brows...lol, they've been exposed tonight

Gettysburgh_Steel
10-14-2008, 01:12 AM
Giants a better team no way...the giants have beaten the Rams, Bengals, Seahawks, The only decent team theyve beaten were the redskins, which is in there division so there suppose to win that game. they know the redskins, cowboys and eagles better then anyone but to lose against the brows...lol, they've been exposed tonight

Exposed bye the Brown-eyes!!!!!!! Can't wait for our shot.

K Train
10-14-2008, 01:30 AM

unless that team is the browns...lol

im knocking the giants because they arent as great as they are made out to be, im still not sure how im being a homer, i hate our chances this year....ben has been broken since week one and even though hes played well how much more can we expect? Our passing game is average, our run game is average...the only thing that gets me excited about this team is our 2 unblockable outside linebackers...call me a homer all you want, but im the anti homer, the only thing im claiming is that the browns are destined for failure and the NFC east is overrated.....if i truely thought the browns were a respectable team i would acknowledge that, i just dont think they are

Dean Denton
10-14-2008, 01:31 AM
I really think the Giants will play us better than they did the Browns. Remember How well Eli played us his Rookie Year? Dick should have chewed him up, but Eli was slinging that rock like an all pro. I think its going to come down to the QB in this game, and I know that we have the best in the league. You can call me crazy, but if the game is on the line I take Bionic Ben over anyone in the NFL. He can carry a team better than anyone. He's the best, and I dont need 1 or 2 more years to think about that.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-14-2008, 01:36 AM
I really think the Giants will play us better than they did the Browns. Remember How well Eli played us his Rookie Year? Dick should have chewed him up, but Eli was slinging that rock like an all pro. I think its going to come down to the QB in this game, and I know that we have the best in the league. You can call me crazy, but if the game is on the line I take Bionic Ben over anyone in the NFL. He can carry a team better than anyone. He's the best, and I dont need 1 or 2 more years to think about that.

You don't have to convince me about how good Ben is....That is why I always rant about him throwing the ball more....lol

DocHolliday1989
10-14-2008, 02:58 PM
I dont see how anyone can say this division race is over.. no way! The Browns have won 2 games in a row and with the way this crazy year has gone with injuries and such, anything can happen in the NFL in '08
:nono:

Dean Denton
10-14-2008, 03:17 PM
I dont see how anyone can say this division race is over.. no way! The Browns have won 2 games in a row and with the way this crazy year has gone with injuries and such, anything can happen in the NFL in '08
:nono:
I like your name, and your avitar. I'm a big fan of Tombstone. Kilmer killed that roll for anyone else.
We all know its too soon to put a fork in anyone, but history has a way of repeating itself with the AFCN. We have a better team than the other three teams over all, and its just a sexy pick at this point in the season. When we all say the race is done it because we all play the same teams and we have the best chance of winning those games. but you are right about injuries, and anything can happen. But our bench seems to be better than everyone else too.....so there ya go...

Stairwayto7
10-14-2008, 04:19 PM

I agree! If the giants played bad, and the brownies won by 3, ten okay the giants had a bad night. But the got drilled. And yes I think the giants are overrated, but they are good. And the brownies kicked the crap out of them.

Troyisabeast_43
10-14-2008, 04:27 PM
I like your name, and your avitar. I'm a big fan of Tombstone. Kilmer killed that roll for anyone else.
We all know its too soon to put a fork in anyone, but history has a way of repeating itself with the AFCN. We have a better team than the other three teams over all, and its just a sexy pick at this point in the season. When we all say the race is done it because we all play the same teams and we have the best chance of winning those games. but you are right about injuries, and anything can happen. But our bench seems to be better than everyone else too.....so there ya go...

The Browns win last night did keep them alive and tell everybody else in the division that they arent dead just yet. But that's all it really did for the moment. When the Browns woke up today the Giants game from last night is over and done with ,and it still says Steelers 4-1 and Browns 2-3 in the standings with a head to head tiebraker loss already to the Steelers. The Browns game in Washington on Sunday I believe will really tell us if they are going still going to be a legit threat to the Steelers or not. The Browns need to win this game probably even more so then they needed to win the Giants game last night. I say this because with the Steelers playing Cincy on Sunday and there being a very good chance of them moving to 5-1, the Browns cannot afford to drop that game in Washington and drop to 2-4 and fall 3 games back of the Steelers with a trip to Jacksonville next up on the Browns schedule the following week. I wont take the Browns seriously unless they go into Washington on Sunday and win. If they can do that then I will say they are still very much in the race.

Dean Denton
10-14-2008, 04:59 PM
The Browns win last night did keep them alive and tell everybody else in the division that they arent dead just yet. But that's all it really did for the moment. When the Browns woke up today the Giants game from last night is over and done with ,and it still says Steelers 4-1 and Browns 2-3 in the standings with a head to head tiebraker loss already to the Steelers. The Browns game in Washington on Sunday I believe will really tell us if they are going still going to be a legit threat to the Steelers or not. The Browns need to win this game probably even more so then they needed to win the Giants game last night. I say this because with the Steelers playing Cincy on Sunday and there being a very good chance of them moving to 5-1, the Browns cannot afford to drop that game in Washington and drop to 2-4 and fall 3 games back of the Steelers with a trip to Jacksonville next up on the Browns schedule the following week. I wont take the Browns seriously unless they go into Washington on Sunday and win. If they can do that then I will say they are still very much in the race.
Either way its still on us to make sure we win our games, and nothing more. We cant do anything about the Browns. Even though I really doubt they get 7 or 8 wins this year. I like our chances far more than theirs when it comes to this schedule. Sure any given Sunday, but the Steelers are just a better team. However I am going to cheer on the AFCN because I want them to win, I want people to fear this division like in the 70's. Because the winner will be hard to beat come playoffs. Lets be honest here, if this Steeler team backed into the playoffs because the other teams lost, would you really like our chances to win it all? I doubt it. Now if we just win it out right, and kick all their asses we have a better feeling of where we are. Lets just win baby.....

Troyisabeast_43
10-14-2008, 06:24 PM
The AFC North doesnt need to win games this year to prove that the Steelers are a legit team. The Steelers schedule the rest of the way with the games they play will determine that. They still have games against the Giants,Redskins,Colts,Chargers,Patriots,Cowboys,an d Titans. Those 7 teams right there as we sit here tonight are a combined 26-12 so far this season. That is some pretty good competition and that right there should show us how good this Steelers team really is based on how well they fair in each of those 7 games I just mentioned.

Dean Denton
10-14-2008, 06:40 PM
Even so, I would rather we win our division out right, and not hope the other teams lose so we can get in. But beating those other teams too, would feel good, but beating the AFCN is more important.

Stlrs4Life
10-14-2008, 07:48 PM

Totally agree. This division is far from being locked up.

Troyisabeast_43
10-15-2008, 12:04 AM
Totally agree. This division is far from being locked up.

Ill go along with that statement especially seeing that the Browns have some more life now after knocking off the Giants last night. So while I do agree with you it's definitely not a lock just yet, but by the same token it's by no means in danger of being taken over anytime soon by the Browns or the Ravens. Both of those teams have a lot of work to do and a lot of games to win this season if they want to even think about having a chance to catch the Steelers and win the AFC North.

SteelfordWexler
10-15-2008, 11:37 AM
Yeah, we've only played 2 of 6 division games. This thing is far from settled.

$teelersRule
10-15-2008, 12:22 PM
there is no way the browns catch us this season look at their upcoming record the rest of the year:
@ Washington Redskins
@ Jacksonville Jaguars
vs BALTIMORE RAVENS
vs DENVER BRONCOS
@ Buffalo Bills
vs HOUSTON TEXANS
vs INDIANAPOLIS COLTS
@ Tennessee Titans
@ Philadelphia Eagles
vs CINCINNATI BENGALS
@ Pittsburgh Steelers

i still dont see them making .500 this year :nahnah:

Dean Denton
10-15-2008, 02:05 PM
I dont either. Still, there is alot of football left to be played. However as of right now the Steelers are the SEXY pick to win the AFCN. Over all this is the best team, could be the best team in the AFC. Hell, maybe the best team in the NFL. What other team in the AFCN can say that? NONE.....