PDA

View Full Version : Special Teams not so bad this year

BlitzburghRockCity
10-12-2008, 12:41 AM
Normally by this time of the year we're all carrying on about the poor tackling, punts not getting past 35 yds, Reed's kickoff's dropping at the 10 yd line, etc. So far though they have been a pretty positive addition to the arsenal instead of a detriment. Considering D Sep is on IR, Berger has been doing "ok" to this point. We'd all like to see him get some more distance but considering how long he's been in the league I can't complain too much at this point.

The only thing still lacking is the punt return game (http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?season=2008&seasonType=REG&d-447263-o=1&tabSeq=0&statisticCategory=KICK_RETURNS&d-447263-p=2&d-447263-s=PERSON_TEAMS.TEAMS.FULL_NAME&d-447263-n=1); where is Moore and why isn't he doing more of it. I don't mind seeing Holmes back there to help out and give a spark but that's the one thing we still haven't really seen do a lot this year. Those punt return stats are pretty pathetic but considering how bad our ST has been the last several years since the SBXL win I'll take it...

AZ_Steeler
10-12-2008, 03:42 AM
Are you trying to jinx them? ;)

Stairwayto7
10-12-2008, 10:09 AM

LOL!

All things considering, like we lost our punter, and our kicker is banged up! But the toughest part of the schedule remains, so hopefully we can remain the same

BlitzburghRockCity
10-12-2008, 10:31 AM

I was thinking the same thing when I wrote this so it better not happen :lol:

I'm just excited to see us covering kicks so well; I don't know if we can ask for too much and have a solid return game and a solid coverage unit too..LOL.. so right now Im happy to see our guys tackling so well and really swarming to the ball carrier.

BlitzburghNation
10-12-2008, 10:31 AM
Glad our coverage has been there "about time"
We have no punt return,but i can live with that as long as we keep covering and don't give up a cheap TD,,,,,,,

HUNT4SEVEN
10-12-2008, 01:46 PM
It's about time we show the Special Teams some love,:yellowthumb::yellowthumb:They earned it.:tt02::yellowthumb: