PDA

View Full Version : A big test for Tomlin vs Cincy...

BlitzburghRockCity
10-11-2008, 04:56 PM
Laugh if you want but regardless of the Bengals record this is a critical time for the Steelers. I want to see how Tomlin has this group prepared for the Bengals. Traditionally Steeler teams were known for looking past teams and it came back to bite them. The Bengals will be desperate regardless of how they play against the Jets this week. Make no mistake about it this is a divisional game and even if we should win it on paper the Bengals can make it tough on us like they have before. The Jets should beat the Bengals tomorrow but even if they don't this Cincy team is playing for their season right now and they'll be desperate for every win they can get.

After the Cincy game we have the Giants and then we head into the toughest part of the year, we're on a roll now and we need to keep it going. We have the majority of them at home but still we're going to see if we're really contenders or if we're just pretenders. Right now I'm confident in saying we're contenders but we shall see...

BlitzburghNation
10-11-2008, 05:15 PM
You mean the Jets should crush there backup Fitz suck an :moon:

I was considering picking the Bungho's in an upset,unil I heard Palmer was out and if he doesn't pay when they meet us,,,,,,Will not be that worried about us handling them bengirls,,,,

But if Carson plays,that's a whole different story,,,,,,,,He hates us and there's no love loss on our side :lol:
But I do believe Tomlin will have our troops ready and we should handle the Kitties,,,,,,We better,like you said,next is the G-Men "gonna be there"and we better bring our A game to pull off a win that week,,,,,,,,:pray:

BlitzburghRockCity
10-11-2008, 05:23 PM
yeah I fixed the post, thanks Bro.. :lol: If Carson doesn't play there's no reason Favre shouldn't destroy that Bengals secondary but they'll be desperate and are backed into a corner. Traditionally they choke in those situations and with Palmer out it could get ugly, I don't know if that team has it in them to rally together and get the win after they blew their load against the Cowboys and still lost.

If Palmer doens't play against us our D should be able to T off and shut down their offense. If he does play he'll keep them competitive so we'll need to jump out early and take them out of any gameplan they think they'll have. Henry is back for the Bengals now right? He a Steeler killer so it's good that we'll have Townsend healthy again along with Troy playing back to his old self and Clark back there healthy again too.

BlitzburghNation
10-11-2008, 05:46 PM
True henry has burned us,but that was the Bung-ho's of old,,,,,,,This is the new and unproven bengirls and with palmer out this week,that puts henry even farther behind,so with that said,,,,,,,,Only way the kittens can win ,,,,,, We would have to play like crap IMO Shouldn't happen,fresh off a bye and a great win at jacksonville,,,,,

I know it's a divisional game and all, But they have fallen to the ranks of Detroit,KC and the choking raiders~~~Meaning blown out or cannot put away a team,talk about pissed off week,if we lay an egg to them,,,,,,Nothing makes me madder than our team giving a game away !

Steelers70
10-11-2008, 06:12 PM
The Bengals have pressed most of the teams they played even though the end resulted in a loss. And when it comes to division rivalry, you can not take it lightly. Best bet is to let Big Ben run the offense again. May even be the best bet overall until the end of the season when Tomlin will have to decide what to do about the OC position. Who knows... There's always a chance Arians learns from the tapes what makes our offense successful and becomes adequite at his job.

-Steelers70

Gettysburgh_Steel
10-11-2008, 07:04 PM
Most of our boys know how this game will most likely be. They've played it many times. The whole coaching staff could probably just pull up a chair,and let our boys control the game. I think they truely could. We should bring the steel for this one!! Win off the bye would be oh so sweet!!! We still should not give up too much film in this one. That will be an even bigger advantage going into the heart of our schedule. Bengals may bring thier best game,but i don't think that will get it done against us!!! I'm thinking like 29-17, us to win of course!!!!!!!!:tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02:

jpele
10-11-2008, 07:06 PM
If Palmer plays ,they will give us a game. On the other hand ,if Palmer steps onto the field with a bad elbow, it would be a bad career move against Harrison and Woodley.

Pittsburgh is 7-3 against the Bengals the past 5 years.I would be very embarrassed to lose to them this year.

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
10-11-2008, 07:15 PM
Hopefully Willie will be back for this game..He always runs all over them.We should be able to dominate them on the ground with FWP and Mo in the backfield.We'll need to ride the momentum right into the Giants game.

lloydfan4life
10-11-2008, 07:52 PM
Great posts and a lot of very good points in all of them. This game is going to be a big game and IMO can be the springboard to how the rest of the schedule plays out for us. Even though it's a division game and they're always tough, we need to hand the Bungholes their asses on a platter and not let them 'hang around' till the 4th quarter. If they want to start getting some respect from all the talking heads they need to take it to the teams they're supposed to beat and not just squeek one out.

I've got faith!! Palmer or not, we'll be 5-1 after next Sunday heading into the game with the G-Men. :cope:

Black@Gold Forever32
10-11-2008, 07:55 PM
I hope the Steelers don't come out just pounding Willie...The offense built momentum and confidence against the Jags......The Bengals is the perfect game to come out and build upon that momentum...I would like to see Ben have another 30+ passing attempts and I want the Steelers to come out firing on all cylinders and destroy the Bengals 44-13......But I'm sure Tomlin will run Willie if Willie returns and give him the majority of carries and the Steelers slug out a 27-17 win...lol

Games against the Bengals are chances to fine tune your entire offense....I'm really hoping Tomlin and Arians are looking for ways to use both Parker and Moore together even in the passing game....True Parker doesn't have the greatest of hands when it comes to RBs but I think he can still be very effective in the passing game...Of course I want to run the ball and I think running the ball is very important....But some games its tough to just pound the rock...The Bengals game won't be one of them but it will give a chance to fine tune the passing especially since the next two games we play the Giants and Skins....Very tough defenses and we would need more of balance attack against those defenses....

Stlrs4Life
10-11-2008, 07:57 PM
I hear ya TG I never look past any division opponent.

HUNT4SEVEN
10-11-2008, 08:02 PM
That's why they are saving that statue Carson palmer for us:yellowthumb: because if Fitzpatrick starts againts us his career will be over an Marvin Lewis will be looking for an job the next day:hilarious::tt02:

BlitzburghRockCity
10-11-2008, 08:06 PM
If Ben comes out with an up tempo offense, a lot of short drops and quick releases, use the passing game as a second running game we can wear them out I have little doubt of that. The Bengals are not a good defense to begin with but if you give them confidence by letting them continuously get you off the field they play better than they are. If we come out with the same old pound willie and mix in some passing Im going to go berzerk!! Let Ben take this offense to the next level and not digress. We had a perfectly good running game vs the Jags and Ben had a big day at the same time; that's what we need every week that kind of balance.

The more I have to wait for this game the more anticipation I have, not because it's the Bengals but because I want to see what Arians and Tomlin learned from last week and how they are going to put it to use from here on out.

BlitzburghNation
10-11-2008, 08:11 PM
FWP being back with a mixture of moore,,,,,,,,Loosin'em up and throw a bomb to Holmes,,,Time to get Holmes involved , besides he's always been a kittie killer,,,

Also keep Miller involved,,,,,,,,We play cincy like we played the jags,I see a good old country :moon: kicking !

BlitzburghRockCity
10-11-2008, 08:16 PM
Good point, Holmes is due for a break out game and he's always a Bengal killer..that patented slant route they throw to him is deadly. I'd love to see him have a 100 yd day and a couple of TD's.

floodcitygirl
10-11-2008, 09:06 PM
I don't mean to be a downer....just saying...in years past when it seems the Steelers are doing well and the Bengals stink, they seem to pull out a win on us. Don't even want to think on that though because you can't imagine how difficult living here is when that happens!

Black@Gold Forever32
10-11-2008, 10:55 PM
I don't mean to be a downer....just saying...in years past when it seems the Steelers are doing well and the Bengals stink, they seem to pull out a win on us. Don't even want to think on that though because you can't imagine how difficult living here is when that happens!

I have a better chance nailing Jessica Alba then the Bengals have beating the Steelers this year.....The Steelers will win in a blow out.....I'm confident that the Steelers offense will keep the momentum they built against the Jags going.....

floodcitygirl
10-12-2008, 01:54 AM
I have a better chance nailing Jessica Alba then the Bengals have beating the Steelers this year.....The Steelers will win in a blow out.....I'm confident that the Steelers offense will keep the momentum they built against the Jags going.....Well good luck with all that. lol. I pray you're right about the Steelers though. Just talked to a Bengal season ticket holder tonight. He said if they only win one game he's wanting that one. It is their Super Bowl, ya know??? lol

AZ_Steeler
10-12-2008, 03:47 AM
This is definitely one of those games that could really bite the Steelers in the *** if they don't show up prepared! Let's flashback to 2002 when Houston came into Pittsburgh, what did Houston have, a whole 100 yards of total offense if that! Let's go back to 2006 when Pittsburgh went to Oakland to face a team they would beat 49 out of 50 times! If they aren't prepared the Bengals could pull off the shocker... just ask Dallas!

NCSteeler
10-12-2008, 04:09 AM
I tend to agree that if Palmer is out, we could play badly and still kill them. But what I would like to see is a maturation and continuing the offensive growth we had in Jacksonville. I will not get crazy if we run the ball 50 times after we have the lead as long as it works. Game plans are just that you can't say I want Bent o throw for 300 every week, every team is different and a good coach will take avantage of a weakness. I think we can put 250 on the ground against a weak Bengals front seven(hell a weak front eleven). I want to see in game adjustments and some upbeat exictement from the players on offense, they seemed flat for 2 weeks untilt he second half in jacksonville.

Also agreed the toughest part of this schedule is upon us, back to back against the Giants and Redskins will be a real test for us to see where we really stand in this league.

Iron City South
10-12-2008, 10:00 AM
I have a better chance nailing Jessica Alba then the Bengals have beating the Steelers this year.....The Steelers will win in a blow out.....I'm confident that the Steelers offense will keep the momentum they built against the Jags going.....

FINALLY! .... after reading down this thread, I was inclinded to think that others were overdosing on their estrogen mangina pills; someone with the stones to predict a Steelers win in convincing fashion.

SteelfordWexler
10-12-2008, 10:20 AM
I tend to agree that if Palmer is out, we could play badly and still kill them. But what I would like to see is a maturation and continuing the offensive growth we had in Jacksonville. I will not get crazy if we run the ball 50 times after we have the lead as long as it works. Game plans are just that you can't say I want Bent o throw for 300 every week, every team is different and a good coach will take avantage of a weakness. I think we can put 250 on the ground against a weak Bengals front seven(hell a weak front eleven). I want to see in game adjustments and some upbeat exictement from the players on offense, they seemed flat for 2 weeks untilt he second half in jacksonville.

:plus1:
Exactly - take what they give us.
I'm really encouraged because we made smart adjustments against Baltimore and were creative against Jville. Also - really pumped up about the play of Stapelton. Run, Pass, whatever - just keep them guessing and crush them.

SteelersfaninPhilly
10-12-2008, 11:48 AM
Trap game, be very careful.

SteelerSteve
10-12-2008, 12:29 PM
Well I dont think it matters much if Carson is in there or not because it seems like alot of the time he has a hard time against us. Defense will give us every chance to win this game and its up to the offense to take advantage of the opportunities the defense gives them.

Clevelandsux
10-14-2008, 07:17 PM
Cincy is a desperate team. After watching the Browns manhandle the Giants last night, anything is possible. Thev Steelers better not take the Bengals lightly!

Dean Denton
10-14-2008, 07:27 PM
Cincy is a desperate team. After watching the Browns manhandle the Giants last night, anything is possible. Thev Steelers better not take the Bengals lightly! They never do. there is a lot a hate there, and it will be in full force come Sunday. Games like this I really miss Porter....