PDA

View Full Version : Autograph Question

coggsnyrnyg
10-09-2008, 08:14 PM
Was thinking about getting each of the men in my wedding party some kind of auto'd picture from one of their favorite teams. I checked Steiner Sports for ideas and upcoming shows (would like to get them in person so I KNOW they are real). Problem is one of my brothers is a fan of all the Pittsburgh teams and Steiner seems to be mainly NYC metropolitan area focused and thus, most of the signings are for players here. Saw MA Fleury is doing one in Pittsburgh for BC Sports the weekend AFTER I am in Pittsburgh. Was wondering if their is a company that handles a lot of signings in the area or reputable dealer in the area who might have a good selection. Thinking a Steeler from the 70's for him, but open to any prominent Steeler or Penguin. He already has some Luhmyucks stuff, and some Jagr Penguin stuff.

BlacknGold Bleeder
10-09-2008, 08:53 PM
Check eBay just do a search most are authenticated on there so you don't have to worry bout that. Steel-Town Memorabilia does alot of signed things ,actually just got a mini helmet signed by the STEEL CURTAIN :yellowthumb: from Showgoers . Point is if ya do some smart shopping on eBay ya should be able to find what ya want.

coggsnyrnyg
10-09-2008, 08:56 PM
Thanks. Will check out those two stores. I shop on EBay a lot, but do not trust them for autographs. Too easy to forge and too easy to make a bogus authentication certificate. Is Showgoers a chain by any chance?

BlacknGold Bleeder
10-09-2008, 08:58 PM
Not sure bout showgoers Steeltown would probably be my choice for STEELER signings that's bout all they do

AZ_Steeler
10-09-2008, 09:07 PM
Check these guys out too... goto the homepage and right in the middle you will see "For Steelers Memorabilia!" :bigthumb:

coggsnyrnyg
10-09-2008, 09:29 PM
Check eBay just do a search most are authenticated on there so you don't have to worry bout that. Steel-Town Memorabilia does alot of signed things ,actually just got a mini helmet signed by the STEEL CURTAIN :yellowthumb: from Showgoers . Point is if ya do some smart shopping on eBay ya should be able to find what ya want.

Is this what you got?

http://www.steel-town.com/proddetail.php?prod=steel_curtain_mini_helmet

checked their upcoming signings, looks like they havent updated the page in a while.

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]
------------------------------------------------------------
Are they still in business? Steel-town, that is. On their site, all of the upcoming signings are from this past april, may, march. Tried to email and it got bounced back to me as undeliverable.

BlacknGold Bleeder
10-09-2008, 09:34 PM
they have some auctions going so I assume they are...:dunno:

BlitzburghRockCity
10-09-2008, 09:46 PM
Good call AZ, our advertising partner Sports Mem. can get just about any player you like and they are reputable and good to deal with. Plus you can tell em SA sent ya ;)

coggsnyrnyg
10-09-2008, 10:00 PM
will check them out, too. Thanks guys. Fortunately, wedding is feb 13th, so have some time. Unless of course she comes to her senses and I'll even have more time!!!!!!

Stlrs4Life
10-09-2008, 10:20 PM
May Adam Graves choke on his beer! LOL!

coggsnyrnyg
10-09-2008, 10:47 PM
I know people in Pittsburgh hate him, but you really do not know anything about Graves. He does more charity work still than most guys. Before my little cousin died of Leukemia he visited her in the hospital, even signed her Islanders hat. Every year he would do an autograph show at a bar in NYC right around Christmas time. He didn't charge any money, but you had to bring a new unwrapped toy to be donated to Toys for Tots. He was always scheduled for 2 hours, but never stayed for less than 5 signing stuff. One of the classiest guys to ever play pro sports. Besides, Lemieux came back a week after his "broken" wrist and won the Conn Smythe. I'd like to see those X-Rays.

Stlrs4Life
10-11-2008, 09:09 PM
It was still classless on what Graves did. He had every intention on hurting Mario and did.

coggsnyrnyg
10-13-2008, 09:29 AM
It was a little love-tap. His wrist was not broken.

Stlrs4Life
10-13-2008, 05:48 PM
Not talking about the final injury, it's the intent that's cheap about it. And it was cracked. (Fractured)